main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The Lower House of the EU Senate - Come RP-lite in our own star system!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Swan/Her Office

Swan looked at all the papers on her desk. Piles and piles of character information, data on who's who and information on all the behind the scenes action had accumulated not only on her desk but also on every other available surface. The small corner table, which originally held just a fern, was now a towering three feet higher from all the files lying underneath. At least there was a window she could see out of, even if the only thing she saw was a grey wall.

Swan sighed and twirled her pen in her fingers, allowing herself a bit of time to daydream. She hadn't seen some of her friends in years and now with all the work to do, she wasn't sure when she'd be free to see her new ones. Her left hand reached across her desk, picking up a picture of her with some of her friends. She hadn't seen them in forever. Swan wondered what they were up to now and then looked around at the abysmal mess which was her office. Oh well, she thought to herself.

TAG: Anyone

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Sey

"Firstly, I always have a blocker on me, so it's my word against yours. Secondly, if you intend to attach yourself to me this will become sorely irritating... Adalia has survived years of my previous, misconceived attempts on her life, after all."

"Even the weak get lucky sometimes, Insipid." She snorted.

"And it would seem much more likely to any outsider that the cams dying and the two of you happening to arrive here at the same time was an ambush of me, not vice-versa. I could quite fairly consider your joint presence a threat..."

Now she laughed. This scheming clone was nothing like the original man she'd once loved and lost. "You're right. There's no reason the one in charge of security would come up to check out a security issue and ask his vice chancellor candidate to meet him there since she just arrived on the planet. I didn't even intend to talk to you, but you gave that up when you threatened him. Just know this. I will protect him with my life and I don't care what that means."

Anger flared through her heavily controlled emotions and her hold on her force powers shattered as waves of energy flowed out of her. She was so caught up in the moment that she missed the twinge of danger that came an instant before the explosion. She threw herself to the ground and reached out to put a barrier around herself only to find one already there.

Interesting... She pondered. Perhaps some shade of him still does exist in there.

As she picked herself up off the floor she glanced over at Bardan to make sure he was alright. Him being a Mandalorian meant he could usually take care of himself and would probably balk at any interference on her part. She would have to quietly and discreetly ensure his safety until after the election.

Then the second explosion set off.

This time she wasted no time and flung herself across the short expanse and tackled Bardan. A burning piece of metal jabbed into her leg and lit her robe on fire. She ignored the pain while slipping out of her robe and tossing it to the ground.

"Sir we must get you to safety." Ardeur addressed Bardan. "What is the quickest way out of here?"

Tag: Bardan, Sinre, anyone else going up in flames

3. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    IC: Katana Sundancer
    Hyperspace, en route to New Coruscant

Katana sighed as she contemplated the swirl of colours outside the cockpit of her X-wing, as it carried her through hyperspace. She'd been outsystem for many weeks now, but was looking forward to making contact with everyone again. And yet... She sighed again, and a soft whoop queried her.

"I'm alright, Tootles. Just... a bit nervous, you know?" Despite being named Senator months ago, Katana still wasn't entirely comfortable with her role. "Still feel like a newbie, that's all."

Still, everyone was very welcoming, even with the various shenanigans that tended to erupt around the Senate. She'd just have to dive in and do her best, no matter what this new term brought. And at least she'd always have her X-wing, and her loyal astromech...

"So, Tootles, who should I vote for, hmm? Addie or Bardan?" A sharp blatt was the droid's response and she laughed. "Yes, those are the only choices, you foul-mouthed tin can." Tweedle. "I know you don't actually have a mouth, it's a turn of phrase." Beep-beep-whirr. "Just get ready to drop out of hyperspace, so I can have your programming checked. You're not usually so contrary."

At the tone, she pulled the lever back, restoring the stars to dots, and contemplated her destination. New Coruscant. She found the X-wing hangar, and settled in for clearance to land. "Let the appropriate parties know we've arrived, Tootles."

Tag: Everyone

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia
    exiting the refresher

Tying the sleeves of her flight suit around her waist, Adalia examined herself in the mirror. "Ewee, that's so not good." she muttered as she screwed her nose up and gently tugged at her tank top. It wasn't visibly dirty, but it felt it. Shrugging, knowing she was about to bath she headed to the locker room. Just as she entered a plethera of alarms went off, Fire, Emergency, Evacuation...all at once. She glaced around before turning to Mac, concern on her face.

"What the Kriff is going on??"

Tag Mac

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    Senate Chamber, Toasty

Logic returned to him when he felt his bubble break as Ardeur broke free of it to tackle Bardan. The armoured Mandalorian was probably safer than the two of them, but so be it - Insipid was more concerned his unconscious desire to protect her. Scowling, he re-established his bubble, and looked up. The initial explosion was a roiling fireball, but the other ones were chain-reactions.

He had to hope that somebody would pick up on that.

Reaching up, Insipid held both his hands, containing the fireball. He couldn't grab it all, because of the licks chewing away at the surrounding pods, but he contained the largest maelstrom, sweat glistening on his forehead as he concentrated, his eyes glowing yellow. He shouted over the noise. "The fire suppressant system isn't working!"

The Sith Lord - the last active Sith in the EUC System - re-closed his eyes and squeezed at the inferno. Another pod, outside his grip, exploded, raining debris down, part of which taxed his overextended bubble, scorching him... and, then, he saw his pod start to catch alight, and wobble. His attention divided, he watched as the spots of flame fell on other, surrounding pods. "Someone break the karking chain already!"

Alarms rang out throughout the Senate, suggesting they were active, but they would probably be a massive warning to them all to run. Insipid eyed manual fire extinguishers, but didn't have the mental skill to use them as well. What they needed were bodies, and brains.

Bad, bad, bad.

TAG: Sey, Bardan, directly, Addie, CPL via alarms (or anyone else in the Senate Building), Swan if her office is in the Senate building (via the alarms), Katana, when/if she hears the sirens

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Bardan
    The End of the Senate as we know it

The first explosion caught him by surprise. The surprise turned to absolute shock as a force bubble enveloped him, protecting him from the falling debris. Bardan was about to turn to the others to make sure they were all right when the chain reaction began amongst the other pods. shab, I have to get the Senators to safety was his first thought. But before he could act he was thrown to the ground, tackled by Darth Ardeur. He couldn't miss the large piece of metal now lodged into her leg. Its my job to protect them! Not the other way around. He supposed things were slightly different now that he was running for the highest office in the system. That would take some thinking later on.

For now they had to save the Senate, Bardan stood and shook his head at Ardeur's question. Next he tried to access the flight control systems of the pods through his buy'ce. He could fly them off of the wall and away from the fires. No Go, the controls to the pods were either comprimised by the ongoing explosions or deliberatly sabotaged. So too were the chamber wide fire suppresion systems. There weren't enough of them to do it manualy. He saw that Insipid was trying his best to control the explosion, but even he couldn't contain it fully. So much for the all powerful force. We will have to do this the mando way. So he raised his blaster carbine, intent on blasting the as yet unaffected pods apart so they couldn't add to the explosion.

But before he could press the trigger he paused. This would add to the shrapnel raining down upon them. He himself was protected from anything but the largest pieces thanks to his wonderful armor. But the soft skins around him wouldn't be so safe. shab. Ok new plan. He lowered the carbine and instead raised his right arm and fired his cable at an unaffected pod, it latched on and he pulled. Hard. It came free of the wall and began to float out towards the center of the room. Safe from the chain reactions around it. He quickly retracted the coil of cable and took aim at the next pod, repeating the process. This was working, but it was taking far too long. He didn't like it, but he knew they were going to need help.

TAG: All

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Senate Chamber, More Roasty!

His pod was on fire, but the heart of the maelstrom was contained, and Insipid didn't care. He also didn't understand why Bardan wasn't blowing up the pods. It didn't matter, because Bardan's method was going relatively slow. Hopefully Ardeur would stop playing bodyguard and get to business. As it was, the fire upon the pod reached his robes, but Insipid couldn't pay it no heed, busy as it was. The eventual pain would reinforce his power and he'd be able to contain the maelstrom in perpetuity.

Nearly there...

TAG: Bardan, Sey, specifically

8. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Ardeur

The Sith lady fought the urge to roll her eyes as Bardan shook his head and stepped towards the danger. Mandos she thought to herself, more brawn than sense. Letting out the slightest sigh she followed him. Ardeur could feel how taxed Insipid was attempting to contain the fireball and while she felt more than inclined to just leave him out there to go up in flames he most likely was the cause of... her new boss had much to learn.

She observed Bardan contemplate blasting the pods apart and then decide instead to move them away. Shrugging her shoulders and not understanding his reasoning since she knew she could keep them clear of any debris destroying them would have. Perhaps he didn't like destruction of something he was going to be in charge of in the near future. The thought was the only explanation she could come up with. Also, who would build a chamber that didn't have automatic fire suppressors? She made a mental note to add that to her list of tasks to accomplish once she was the Vice Chancellor and set about using the force to detach the pods and move them out of harm's way.

She felt a flicker in the force and glanced over to where Insipid was standing. His robe had now caught on fire.

"Why do I always have to save your a..." She muttered to herself and reached out with her hand towards the fire extinguisher that was handy in the room and once again leapt across the expanse onto the pod. She used the extinguisher to put out the fire that was rapidly engulfing more of his robe.

"Need me to handle the explosion? I'm more powerful than your clone self." She said with her voice full of contempt. "Or should I go back to moving the pods away?" As she spoke she continued to detach several pods and move them across the space so they were out of danger of the chain reaction.

Tag: Sinre, Bardan, anyone else wanting to help!

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Senate Chambers, Wet

Insipid grimaced at Ardeur's glib comments, but smiled nonetheless as she drenched him, making his robes and garb stick to his torso. "I am not a clone. I am my own person. Your grudge against my creator is not one against me. I have my own soul." He took his indignity, his pain, his anger at the comment, and, the moment Bardan and his ex-apprentice had moved the last of the pods away, he expanded his Force bubble around the explosion, causing it to expand, and then, as it had no more fuel, consume itself.

Leaking it out in manageable amounts, Insipid released a conscious breath.

Apart from the destruction of three or four dozen pods, the fire-bomb was dispelled.

His eyes burning yellow, and his skin taut against his bones and pale, the Sith Lord sucked in air. "I may not be as powerful as I used to be, but you are not all you could be, either, Vice Chancellor to be." Insipid sat back against his charred chair. He absently noted that his data terminal had been gouged out. Well, that helped.

He wheezed a bit more, and looked up as the water sprinkler system finally kicked in, drenching them all.

"Typical." Insipid looked past Ardeur to Bardan, holding up a hand to forestall a comment. "As Senator, I expect you to investigate this, Director of Security. You're not Chancellor yet." With that, he stood, shucking off his robe and directing his pod to his port. He ignored Ardeur until he started walking towards his office. "I'm going to get changed." The clone took off his shirt, and threw it down behind him, revealing a heavily scarred torso - remnants of the cloning process that seemed to have emerged anew from his exertion. "Follow me, or chat with your boss-to-be. I don't care."

Insipid walked away, hesitatingly, but sought to mask it behind a firm expression and a silent Force presence.

TAG: Sey, Bardan, anyone else I happen to bump into along the way

10. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    IC: Adam
    Akrian: Twin Suns CO's office

Adam sighed in contentment. His workload with and outside the squadron had lessened and allowed some free time for now. He didn't know if it was great timing or sheer madness as to whether it was a good idea to accept the nomination as Adalia's Vice Chancellor. While there had been some questions for the candidates, he wasn't sure how to answer them. He didn't have a plan to increase activity within the EU galaxy, forces outside his control prevented him from using his one idea. That and most other plans in the past had failed and maybe the need was for a new generation of people to come in. The next question wasn't really for him, so there really wasn't much of a point. There was a third question which dealt almost directly with Adam, but Bardan answered it beautifully by taking his helmet off and raising an eyebrow. Either way it didn't make sense to stay here for long, even while grinning at impressions of famous warriors from the Big Hunt.

Adam pulled out his commlink "Tawg, get the ship ready for takeoff. I'll be on my way in a couple of minutes." While it meant business, there was still that thrill that he got every time he had a chance to fly.

*a few minutes later*

Adam entered the hanger and admired his E-wing, it didn't really resemble a military organization's fighter, but since he was part of three different groups it was only fair acknowledge all of them, so he had the paint jobs of the Twin Suns, XWFC, and the NJO/LotF, along with the squadron crests of the three groups on his ship. He climbed into his fighter and took off in relatively short order.

"Hey Tawg, let Addie know I'm on my way to New Coruscant."

"Really? An attack on the Senate building?" Adam switched to a Holonews station, "In breaking news a series of bombs have gone off and Darth Insipid, Darth Adeur, and Bardan were the primary ones to prevent the building from sustaining too much damage. More on this later, now for the latest on..."

Adam cut it off, "Tawg, get in touch with some friends, there's a plot we need to investigate."

TAG: Addie, anyone, especially if you want to cause some trouble.

11. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

"I am not a clone. I am my own person. Your grudge against my creator is not one against me. I have my own soul."

Ardeur's eyes nearly bugged out of her head when Insipid spoke. How could he seriously believe that. She could tell he still felt something for her. How would he if he was his own soul? A harsh laugh escaped her lips.

"You keep telling yourself that, buddy. Whatever helps you sleep at night."

She watched as he stepped off the pod and took off his wet shirt. Surprise flickered across her features as she saw the damage to his back. She quickly gathered herself to mask any further thoughts or emotions she had from seeing him shirtless.

"Follow me, or chat with your boss-to-be. I don't care." Insipid stated as he walked away. His voice sounded tough, but his step betrayed his hesitation. She figured he really wanted her to follow him.

She coughed some smoke out of her lungs. It had been a long time since Ardeur had done what Insipid wanted her to do. No. She was done chasing him. If he wanted to speak with her, he could seek her out later. She turned to Bardan. "I have no official standing here at the moment, but I am offering my services to help in whatever capacity you require at the moment."

She bowed her head and awaited further instructions despite the fact that the most likely culprit for being responsible for this was walking further away from her with every step.

Tag: Bardan, Sinre, anyone helping with cleanup

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Bardan
    smoldering remains of the Senate Chamber.

Regardless of Insipid's insistance, Bardan knew he had to investigate the attack. Two senators had been in the area when the bomb went off, who knows how many more could have been in danger had it gone off while the Senate was in session. Senator Adalia would certainly have been killed. Bardan himself felt somewhat responsible, he was after all charged with protecting the Senate and it's Senators. For the umpteenth time Bardan considered retiring as head of security. He yearned for the independence that being a "free agent" would bring to him again. Of course if he won the election he would be his own boss. That thought amused him.

Ardeur's offer of help was a reminder of that fact. He found it odd for the former sector mod to be in a position of taking orders, but he was grateful for it. Indicating the departing Insipid with a nod he said "Stay close to him, he was in here alone before I approached him. Discover what you can and than get yourself looked at." Bardan than turned and left the chambers in another direction as clone and senate security forces arrived to begin a forensic analysis of the debris. He was on his way to the hanger area to speak with his opponent Adaila, it was after all her pod that had exploded first.

TAG: Sey, Sinre, Addie.

13. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Vice Chancellor ?Mac? Macja
    Locker Room off the Main Hanger

Mac had just sat down on one of the meny benches in between the various lockers and patiently waited for Addie to finish up in the refresher. It seemed a strange place to conduct Senate business, but when you got to go, you got to go he figured.

Suddenly the building shook and alarms started to blare, "What the?"

The female pilot rushed in with half of her flight suit peeled off, "What the Kriff is going on??"

"Mesa dono? Everyting wa pretty okee-day, then boom! Mesa here! Mesa gettin' berry, berry scared!", Mac was flustered and when he got flustered he started cracking jokes. "Sorry about that, I have no clue what the frak is going on, but I have a feeling Insipid is up to his old tricks again."

TAG: Addie

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia
    Lockers

Looking around Adalia was forced to double take when Mac spoke. "Mesa dono? Everyting wa pretty okee-day, then boom! Mesa here! Mesa gettin' berry, berry scared!" When did he turn into a freaking Gungan?!?!? "Sorry about that, I have no clue what the frak is going on, but I have a feeling Insipid is up to his old tricks again." Adalia rolled her eyes, great, a comedian, that's just what we all needed.... :p

"THE SITUATION IS NOW UNDER CONTROL, PLEASE DO NOT BE ALARMED" a voice sound over the loud speakers. She snorted.

"Sure it is, something big went down, I just know it! Talk about your cover ups!! Picking up her bag she opened a nearby locker and stuffed it in, locking it afterwards. The shower was going to have to wait. "Come on Mac, let's go see what the big mean old Sith Lord is playing at now......"

TAG CPL or Bardan, or anyone who wants to jump in.

15. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

"Stay close to him, he was in here alone before I approached him. Discover what you can and than get yourself looked at."

Ardeur bowed a little deeper and spun on her heel in order to catch up to Insipid Her first step reminded her that there was a piece of durasteel sticking into her left calf and she limped a little more than she wanted to. Whenever they reached Insipid's destination she would address her leg. She knew from a force probe that the injury wasn't life threatening, but it was annoying. She drew on the pain to strengthen herself in the force for the fight she was sure was going to come soon.

When they reached the room, Ardeur put her back against the wall and let her butt slide to the floor. She carefully extracted the durasteel. As her leg started to bleed more she fumbled in her belt for an anti-infection cream. After slathering a liberal amount on the area she fixed a bandage to it. The entire time one eye was kept on the man standing before her.

Wearily her head leaned back against the wall when she was done.

"Want to tell me what that was all about?" She asked.

Tag: Sinre, others for information where I am

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Private Offices of Darth Insipid

Darth Insipid half-strode, half-limped, towards his office. Ignoring Swan?s office next door, he spent half the trip trying to control his pain, and then to mask that pain. Unsurprisingly, pain made it somewhat hard to concentrate. Darth Insipid had, like Ardeur, met Darth Caedus, and even he would have had to admit that this kind of pain would have made it hard to remain calm.

He knew Ardeur would follow him ? on the pretext of Bardan?s orders, no doubt, to efface any concerns she could had, so he didn?t close the office door behind him while he threaded through his closet. As soon as she came in and planted herself on the floor, he flicked a finger and the door whisked shut. Pain surrounded the front of his head, and Insipid considered refraining from Force use for a little while, disrobing and swapping clothes manually, looking away from her. He didn?t waste time with modesty ? Ardeur and Insipid?s past was well documented; she?d seen it all before.

Insipid felt a spike of pain as she yanked the piece of metal from her leg, and she asked that oh so banal question. The Sith pulled his black robe back on, over his similarly coloured tunic-tight fitting pants combo, and turned back, assuming she was referring to the instinctive Force bubble. ?It would seem that I didn?t stop loving you, young lady. You just took umbrage to my placing you in stasis and turning you into an anchor for my spirit, and started trying to kill me.?

He couldn?t waste anymore energy on concealing his emotions. Concentrating on dampening his pain, rather than concealing it or his true nature, he let it all out, an explosion of pain and misery and despair, as he sat down on one of the chairs saved for guests, what little he actually had, and he sighed in relief as he could focus on his pain. ?That?s better.? With his mind sharp again, he focused his emotions and held it around his mind like a defence, which was considerably easier and allowed him to cycle the pain out of his system. His pain was such that he imagined Swan, in the next room, would sense it if she even lightly tried.

?Right.? He clapped his hands together, good as new, in his opinion. ?Perhaps we should discuss how this election is going to work. I?m willing to obey one or two rules, in exchange for you doing the same. We?re the last active Sith in the system. We may as well acknowledge that we?re going to get in each other?s way. I may even exchange answers to questions for rules, and vice-versa.?

He didn?t state anything about the pain, about what was happening to him that had caused such a catastrophic effect on his body.

?You first.?

TAG: Sey, Swan, if she wishes

17. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    IC Katana
    Hangar, Senate Building

Katana was working through her post flight checklist, Tootles providing commentary of varying helpfulness, when a distant explosion sounded and the alarms went off. "Oh Sithspit." Dumping her helmet and life support gear, she vaulted out of the cockpit. "Finish up here, Toots." She headed across the hangar at a run, pausing only to snatch up a med kit.

She'd reached the door when she heard a voice over the loud speakers. "THE SITUATION IS NOW UNDER CONTROL, PLEASE DO NOT BE ALARMED." She hesitated, then continued down the hallway. At the very least, she should be able to find someone to explain what the kriff was going on here.

I guess I called it then. Shenanigans. Always shenanigans.

TAG: Anyone

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Bardan
    Senate Building

Bardan had heard that Senator Adalia had touched down shortly before the explosions had started in the Senate Chambers. Since it was her pod that had gone up first and started the chain reaction, she needed to be informed. He found her in the corridors, headed to the Chamber and in the company of the Vice Chancellor. He saw Senator Katana trailing behind them. "Vice Chancellor, Senators, there has been an incident in the Senate Chambers." He noted their incredulous looks. "The Chamber was nearly empty, only Senators Insipid, Ardeur and myself were there at the time. We managed to contain the damage. However, Lady Adalia, I must inform you that your pod was completly destroyed, it appears that the explosion originated there. Senate Security is conducting an investigation."

He waited than, to see what their reactions could tell him.

TAG: Adalia, CPL, Katana

19. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    IC: Adam
    Senate Hanger landing pad

Probably will need to take the meeting to another spot, Senate office is probably too public right now.

Adam could see the smoke coming from the Senate tower on his approach to his landing spot, and while the damage wasn't bad, it wasn't good at all.

"Yeah Tawg, probably a good idea to send them to our Twins offices on planet, and promise them that there definitely won't be any Sith or Gungans." While he had friends from the Empire, they weren't fans of Sith at all, and were more than willing to let Sith hunt each other. His Republic friends weren't nearly so picky, and while the smuggler didn't like pirates, he really didn't like Gungans. He touched down, "Tawg, finish the checklist, I'm going to check out the damage." With that he popped the canopy and set off to see what sort of damage had been done to his and his friends Senate offices.

TAG: Anyone who decides to find me.

20. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    IC: Chancellor Wiggins
    Office of the Chancellery

The soon to be former chancellor sat behind his desk, smiling mischievously as he read the live report of the day's events in the Senate. "These fools will be the death of the Senate, mark my words." he said as if conversing with someone who was not there. He was known to do this on occasion, though none had yet been able to figure out why, or to whom he might be speaking. He returned to his task at hand, the final touches of what he hoped would go down in senate history as the greatest end of term party to ever grace the EUC. The elections were not happening quickly enough, however. He would soon have to take leave, with or without the election of a new chancellor. This was the price he paid for being a part of the Final Empire. They now ruled the EUC in everything but name, the new chancellor would have no choice but to become their puppet. Countless sectors had fallen to their silent invasion, and countless more continued to fall each quarter. The Chancellor's next mission was to take power in the Chiss Ascendancy; he was to leave within two weeks.

"Isabella," he said. (Isabella being the name of the AI that was integrated into the Chancellor's holonet interface.) "please send out the invitations for the party, ensure that they receive override priority." "As you wish." Isabella chimed in.

The party was to take place six days from now at the BMC. The theme of the party was a mystery that would be sure to intrigue even the most intellectual of his guests.

TAG: Everyone

Evil.

21. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Swan

Swan had been applying her sleek pen to some major documents when she felt a rumbling throughout the building. It jolted her as she placed her hands on the desk to steady herself, making sure not to damage her paperwork by resting on only the sides of her hands; she kept her pen at the ready. Once the disturbance was over, Swan looked up as a little dust fell down on top of her guest chair. She sighed. Just then she heard Sinre making his way quickly down the corridor, followed not long after by Arduer. He was obviously in serious pain as she could feel it intensely.

Swan bit her lip, thinking. Then she stood up, placed her pen in its holder and deftly made her way around the large cherry wood desk towards her door. Before opening it she straightened her dress shirt and made her way down the hall towards Sinre's office. She had never actually had reason to visit him there even after knowing him for so long. Now she would. For the first time she would enter his office and find out what was really happening. Once she got there she almost left out knocking. Her own lightside force presence had always been a strong aura around her being and it was bound to be felt by every force user in the vicinity, light or dark. Without anything else to do, and, being pretty sure that Sinre would notice the gesture, she knocked lightly on his door.

TAG: Sinre; TEE

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Adalia
    in corridors

Rounding the second corner she bumped straight into Bardan who said before she could speak. "Vice Chancellor, Senators, there has been an incident in the Senate Chambers." He noted their incredulous looks. "The Chamber was nearly empty, only Senators Insipid, Ardeur and myself were there at the time. We managed to contain the damage. However, Lady Adalia, I must inform you that your pod was completly destroyed, it appears that the explosion originated there. Senate Security is conducting an investigation."

Adalia stepped back, her eyes wide. "My Pod??!! She was dumbfounded, it was not like Sinrebirth/Insipid or whatever he was calling himself these days to be around when his trechery went down. "No one was hurt?" she asked, her mind still racing as to who or why? "Do you have any suspects?" Suddenly behind her she heard some footsteps and turning she was somewhat relieved to see Adam approaching. "Stang I'm glad you decided to come here, some creep blew up our Senate pod and took a heap of them with it!" she said still unable to believe what was going on. Who'd want her dead? Or did they want her dead? Was this a warning to back off from elections? Turning back she was now looking at Bardan in a new light.

Tag Adam, Bardan

23. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Vice Chancellor ?Mac? Macja

Mac had been following the group quietly because it felt like his head was going to split open. A powerful Force user was in pain, terrible pain, and he could only assume, since it was dripping in darkness, that it was Insipid. Bardan had just informed them that the Senate Pod of the NJO/LotF FC had just been blown up. Not only that but that the Senate Security was conducting an investigation.

"Interesting Bardan, if your Security was any good, they would have found the device before it was set off. So what are going to do about it? Or have you become to distracted with your campaigning to care about your current job?"

TAG: Addie, Bardan, Adam

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Bardan
    Corridors of the Senate

Bardan ignored the Vice Chancellor's question for the moment and instead addressed Senator Adalia. "Yes, your pod. There were a few minor injuries to both Senator's Insipid and Ardeur, nothing that they can't handle." He shook his head in disgust. "We have no suspects for the time being, but I do not nelieve that you ort any other Senator was the target of the attack. The bomb was clearly set for a time where the Senate would not be in session. For this to occur it was either incompetance on the part of the bomber, or a calculated attempt on their part to actually mitigate casualties. Since they got the bom b past security, I have to assume they are not wholly incompentant."

Now he took a step back, and bowed to the Vice-Chancellor. "Vice-Chancellor Macja, as you well know, the needs of security must be weighed against the needs of liberty. My forces, or any other, could secure this Senate building against any threat, but the resulting intrusion into the lives of the Senators would I am sure be most unwelcome. Strip searchs, random questioning and brain scans, constant holo-cam surveilence of every citizen. We could do this and ensure that all are safe. But would you all be free?" Bardan shook his head again. "Our security measure ensured that the bomb that did come in was small enough that its damage was limited. Besides, we cannot prevent every attack. Given enough time a motivated attacker can overcome nearly any security plan. All we can do is try to make their task more difficult and attempt to apprehend and punish them should they succeed." He stepped back, waiting to their reactions.

TAG, Adam, Addie, CPL, Katana.

25. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

?It would seem that I didn?t stop loving you, young lady. You just took umbrage to my placing you in stasis and turning you into an anchor for my spirit, and started trying to kill me.?

Still sitting on the ground with her head leaning against the wall Ardeur was surprised. Her question was in reference to the Senate pod exploding, but Insipid obviously took it a different way. She arched her right eyebrow at him inquisitively.

"I meant the pod exploding. We're never going to resolve what one of your alter egos did to me." She stated bluntly. "I'm here because Bardan sent me after you to investigate this. This reeks of your handiwork, deary."

She winced sharply as he let out an explosion of misery and despair. Tears sprung in her usually unemotional eyes. He always got to her. Kriff him.

Her lips now set in a thin line as she struggled to gain control of her own emotions. Anger was good.

?Perhaps we should discuss how this election is going to work. I?m willing to obey one or two rules, in exchange for you doing the same. We?re the last active Sith in the system. We may as well acknowledge that we?re going to get in each other?s way. I may even exchange answers to questions for rules, and vice-versa.?

"Rules? What rules do you have in mind?" She asked before continuing, "I am a Sith, yes, but I firmly intend to do what I said. I want to be involved. I want to be Vice Chancellor and help shape this community. I don't have an ulterior motive this time. None. That might be unheard of for a Sith, but I'm kind of bored of that lifestyle. Thought I'd try something new..."

She trailed off as she heard a knock on the door.

Tag: Sinre (first), then Swan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.