main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Machine Wars - (a Star Wars/Terminator crossover)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Teek'ra

Teek glanced around the shop, following the Rodian's instructions. He was quite well stocked for a shop on a backwaters planet, very well stocked. Working with the Rodian he began moving supplies out to the land speeder. Several containers of non perishable rations, military type stuff, and a few containers of the more expensive and tasty things, like packaged nerf steak and potato meals that had to be kept sealed and frozen. He actually bought a small freezer, which he put into the cap behind the rear seats.

Several containers of water, both large gallon packs and small bottles, it was actually a bit more than a weeks worth, in case he came across someone in need of help. Final bit was a collapsible shelter, the kind that set up and broke down in a few minutes if you tried. Satisfied, Teek'ra payed the Rodian, thanked him, told him to thank his brother for him again, and gave him a 20 credit tip, he was after all a friendly guy, and had been given a decent discount.

Double checking that the supplies were secured Teek climbed into the cap, and started off down the dusty road out of town. The barkeep had said that it was about a 30 minute drive, he honestly hadn't been very specific about directions. So using his brain, Teek followed the most recent trail left by a repulsor lift out of town. Chances are it was the other guy from the bar, or the Jedi even. Given those chances he felt confident, so he accelerated towards the upper end of the speeders limit, and settled in for the ride. Occasionally looking back to see if the supplies needed to be re-secured.

Dubya, Others

OOC: Decided to skip past all that, spending to much time in town and holding the game back. But I'll leave it to Dubya to pick which trail i follow, game master and all that :p

2. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Korr
    Dessert - Tatooine

Sand, sand, sand and more sand as far as he could see, with only the occasional tell-tale marks lightening up that told him a creature had passed. There was life even in this dead looking desert, but it wasn?t near enough as far as he was concerned.

Korr didn?t think he would ever get used to planets like these, with so little life on them. They were such a sharp contrast to Firrerre, which had more water than land. And what land there was, was overgrown by vegetation of all kind, sheltering and feeding many animals besides his own people. They never had to struggle and fight for water, like every creature had to on Tatooine, making water the priority of their thinking simply to survive.

In space water was a problem as well, water and air, but you were only there for limited amounts of time. Here it was day in, day out, your entire life.

He saw something glitter not far away. A moisture vaporator, some of the water it collected glistening on the outside. Looking around, he realized there were more of them. He had reached the outskirts of the farm.

As they started to cross a sand dune, Wolf suddenly sat up with a warning growl, almost tipping the speeder over when his great weight shifted. Korr immediately glanced at the carbine beside him to assure himself he could grab it in a moment?s notice. Ready for anything, he cleared the dune.

In the distance he saw the dark outline of the farm. But to the left was the reason for Wolf?s sudden hostility, a group of beings stood out in sharp relief against the white hot sand. He let the speeder hover as he took a good look. At first sight he thought that most of them were humans. With, of all beings, a Squib beside them, its green fur almost a beacon. He glanced at the farm in the distance, but decided to go to the group first. As close as they were to the farm, they might be able to give them information he could use.

He turned the speeder and made for his new destination. As he came closer, he saw the group definitely was made up of humans besides the one exception, and that they were all heavily armed. How they got there was anyone?s guess, because there was only one speeder and it was way too small to have carried them all. Maybe they came from the farm and were following some kind of trail, although he didn?t see anything in the sand that indicated something had passed. Of course, a trail left by a droid was much harder for him to follow than that of a living being. It was one of the reasons he had brought his R2.

It did seem that a lot of beings were interested in this place. So maybe there really was a bounty involved.

When he was in front of them, Wolf jumped out of the speeder before Korr could bring it to a stop, again almost tipping it over. For now the wardog was primarily interested, but Korr knew he was ready to attack as soon as he thought Korr was in danger.

He stood and looked down at them from his speeder, leaving it hovering in the air so he could make a fast getaway if necessary. He held one hand close to his blaster as again he took in their heavy armory, some not surprisingly aimed at the wardog. He had never seen weapons like these, but they looked very efficient.

Okay, best to be upfront from the beginning, so there would be no misunderstandings.

?Hi all. My name?s Korr. Are you here for the same reason I am, because of the rumors about a rogue droid killing an entire family??

He didn?t mention the possible bounty. There was always a slim change these people were here for revenge or something similar, and not for the money. Although he didn?t hold out much hope for that, taking in the ragtag group before him. Besides, they had a Squib with them.

TAG: Dubya ? everyone around

3. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Sofia "Sparrow" Mason
    Tatooine Desert

Sofia instantly raised a hand gun at the appearence of the little green man. She'd heard the "old man" talk about scifi movies with aliens and stuff in them. She'd personally told him that the idea of aliens sounded stupid, now when confronted with an actual one she wasn't too sure.
    The appearence of another person in a floating car caused Sofia to pull out her other hand gun to aim at the newcomer. He was more human in appearence, but there was still something very other worldly looking about him. There was some kind of big mean looking animal with him.
    "Rogue.......droid? What's a droid? Is it a machine?"
    She looked at the others, seems they didn't need to look too far for evidence of machines invading this world.

TAG: Seremela, Dubya

4. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Desert - Tatooine

One of the humans, a young woman, pointed a weapon at him. It didn't particularly worry Korr, who was pretty sure he could still outdraw her, but for a second he did think about pulling his blaster just to make a point about rudeness. Still, they were with a lot more and right now looked more cautious than aggressive, no point in letting things excalate.

Actually, they looked kind of bewildered.

"Rogue.......droid? What's a droid? Is it a machine?" the young woman asked.

Now, that was an odd thing to ask.

"A droid's just a droid. And I don't think they like being called machines. Hey, Beenine, get up front will ya?"

Bleeping his annoyance, the little astromech droid worked himself up the front part of the speeder, beside the pilot seat, his magnetic feet holding him firmly in place on the rusty hood.

He bleedep something else.

"Nope, he doesn't like it and far as I can make out he's telling us all the ways that droids are different from brainless machines. Sorry, I'm not too fluent with my binary," Korr said.

TAG: Twinky, Spatz, Dubya

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Kibeena Lite(nrc), town limits, and beyond!

A hundred credits lighter, and the owner believing he had a good deal, the jedi knight had already taken the compact, reddish-brown, sand-blasted swoop past the last buildings at the edge of Mos...Whatever.

All that stood between him and the rolling desert was a flock of tiny bipedal reptiles, that some local younglings had identified earlier as ?scurriers?, under the clear impression that he gave a ?pak.

The scavengers scattering before the swoop?s directional vanes, he pressed down with the toe of his right boot on the accelerator pedal, and rocketed out into the sand and the heat.

I am coming for you!

The promise he had made to her, whether she had heard him or not, echoed over and over in his head as mile upon mile disappeared in his wake.

The Masters were right, he realised, about how attachments distracted you from your duty, and from keeping your mind on the moment, observing the living Force.

If he hadn?t been worried for her, he would have remembered the name of that town, Mos Espa? Mos Eisley? He would certainly have remembered to bring some water!

It must be like this to have a padawan, he was thinking, head bent down against the sand whipping against him as he knifed to the north.
    Scared for them, and not to be satisfied til you had them safely with you again, and you had physically counted their limbs and checked them over to be sure they were all right.

And padawans generally had at least a decades? worth of instruction in Shii-Cho and other lightsabre forms.
    Iillor was out there after only six to eight months at Raithal! How did the Force Blind do it? It was practically child cruelty.

It was then that he sensed the attentions of another, like someone was looking at him from afar. He slowed the swoop slightly, and looked up.

Far off, against the cloudless blue sky ahead of him, something glinted.

Wasn't local then. Five minutes on the planet was enough to make most things lose their shine.

One thing that made jedi excellent arbiters of justice, was their ability through the Force to tell the truth of a given situation, and even as that shiny object in the sky resolved itself into a dark red ship, same colour that by rights, signified it as an un-armed diplomatic cruiser out of Coruscant, he could tell.
    There was something of the lie about that vessel.

A flash of crimson from the front of the craft had the Kiffar knight leaping off the saddle just before the ground erupted under the swoop in a fountain of superheated rock! The bike somersaulted handlebars over seat, and broke apart.

Kibeena landed on his feet, knees bent to absorb the impact, and straightened as the smoke and sand billowed about him, observing the descending cruiser. He recognised the type now ? CEC (Corellian Engineering Corporation) Consular-class ? as the boarding ramp lowered under the barrel-like salon pod slung under the thin prow.

He ignited his lightsabre in his right fist, the verdant lime-coloured beam creating tiny flashes as airborne grains of sand collided with it.
    Gathering himself, Kibeena leapt straight up and onto the ramp, then steadying himself as his thick ropes of black hair whipped about him, headed inside.

Tag: no-one

6. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Desert

The sight of the droid almost made Sofia pull back in fear. It was metal, moving and had blinking lights, which generally signalled to Sofia's instincts "enemy". She resisted the urge to put both guns on this man, his animal and the machine.
    "Do you know what the machine that killed the family looks like?"
    The man, Korr, probably had no idea what they were talking about. It was still very strange to Sofia that someone could look so human and so not human at the same time.

TAG: any

7. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz grinned to the eldest of the group and replied simply,

"English, that's what y'all call it? Huh, here it's called galactic standard. And what's with this come in piece stuff, you tried to pull something on me and there'd be a blaster hole in your chest." Kharz was already offed by how odd these humans were. Then the sound of another speeder came in, and a human came out, but remained on it. The fact was, Kharz was aware of it not being human, but chose not to say anything, figuring it be best. Kharz heard what initially said and sighed, knowing that he was probably after a nice little bounty. The one member of the group before him was a bit jumpy, and currently had a blaster aimed at him and Korr. Korr and the girl began to speak of the droid attack, and Korr proceded to show her his astromech. Her reaction, expressionally, and of what Kharz could tell, was that she was nearly programmed to attack droids on sight.

Best not show R3...Kharz thought to himself as he heard her question. His reply was quick,

"No, not a clue what it looks like, but concerning the fact your asking, I'll assume it can't be good..." Kharz looked at Korr, he had the feeling that Korr was prepared to race off for the droid, and collect the possible bounty. Kharz looked across the group, and sighed.

"You ain't gonna last long in the desert, stinkin jawas'll mistake you for droids, plus the tuskens are frisky this time off year, and new challenges thrill them..." Kharz looked at Korr, "Perhaps we should take them to the farm, if theres nothing there by the time we get there, we can always drop them off at a cantina..."

Tag ~ Present Group

8. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008

Dessert - Tatooine

Korr narrowed his eyes at the reaction of the humans, especially the young female, when they saw Beenine. Why would anyone fear an astromech droid? And he wished she wouldn?t give him such odd looks, as if he was wearing his clothes inside out or had something on his nose. But he had to give it to her, she kept a grip.

"Do you know what the machine that killed the family looks like?" she asked.

It was the Squib who answered. "No, not a clue what it looks like, but concerning the fact your asking, I'll assume it can't be good..."

Korr shrugged. ?I?ve no idea either. So far I?ve only heard rumors. I don?t even know if their is a rogue droid around.?

"You ain't gonna last long in the desert,? the Squib went on. ?Stinkin jawas'll mistake you for droids, plus the tuskens are frisky this time off year, and new challenges thrill them..." He looked at Korr, who gave him a steely look back, ready for any scheming and hassling. What the Squib said next surprised him.

"Perhaps we should take them to the farm, if there?s nothing there by the time we get there, we can always drop them off at a cantina..."

He offered help without haggling for a fee first? Now he was sure the Squib was after something. So, another one who was after the bounty, eh?

He looked at the Squib?s speeder. He had already seen it was armed to the teeth, unlike his own monstrosity and would leave him far behind within minutes. If he raced off, there was a good chance the Squib would take his lead and follow, and get to the farm first. The chance of losing a possible bounty would probably outweigh his willingness to help these people. And Korr had the feeling they did need help. They had a lost look over them and he could almost taste their anxiety and fear in the air.

Decision made, he asked the Squib, ?How many can you take in yours? There?s not much room in mine besides Wolf. He can walk to the farm no problem, but not all the way back to Mos Eisley, not in this heat. Besides, I?m not sure I?ll be going back there, even if we find nothing.?

He turned to the humans. ?But you can always com someone to pick you up, I guess. From here, or if your comlinks don?t work there?s probably one at the farm. So, is this going to be a group expedition for now? In that case, the name?s Korr.?

TAG: Spatz, Twinky, Dubya

9. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher, Thornton, Dunlop, Miyano
    Deserts of Tatooine

Fincher listened to the exchanges between his team and the...other creatures. He couldn't believe what was happening. This was crazy...

"Okay," he started, then hesitated, unsure of what to do next. "So, before this gets any more confusing, let me just say that we, uh, aren't from around here." He glanced up at the strange sky. Two suns? "We're from a planet that's apparently far, far away. The only intelligent thing in our solar system is humans." He motioned to his team. "Well, the only intelligent living thing..." he added, considering the Terminators technically weren't living.

Finch pointed to each member of his team, introducing them to their new alien friends.

He continued. "We came here through a little time-warp. We're chasing a, uh..." He glanced at the astromech sitting atop the speeder. "...A very deadly droid. Possibly an army of them."

TAG: All in the desert meeting...

10. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz responded to Korr saying,

"Probably about three or four, depends on if a can make the room...come to think of it, it is a farm we're heading to, and there's bound to be some sort of transport there." The leader of the group of humans then spoke up, saying something of them being a long way from home, and that they were hunting a deadly droid, or an army of them. "As long as we don't bump into what their worried about. Good thing I brought my emp launcher, we're pro'lly gonna need it..." Kharz finished with a half grin as he looked out to the twin suns. Somewhere else in the universe his brother was doing something big and important, his younger brother.

"K, which a you three are coming? Preferably the ones with the most amount of combat experience..." Kharz then noticed a look on Korr's face, one of questionable curiosity.

"My intentions are not monetary if your wondering, and I'm completely aware of the bounty." Kharz was pretty sure that that's what the shapeshifter needed to know.

Tag ~ D Scott

11. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    (OOC: I?m afraid Korr?s no shapeshifter, Spatz, although that would have been fun [face_devil] )

Desert - Tatooine

"Probably about three or four, depends on if a can make the room...? the Squib said. ?Come to think of it, it is a farm we're heading to, and there's bound to be some sort of transport there."

?That?s probably true,? Korr agreed. ?Unless some of the family managed to make it out after all.? He tilted his head and studied the bedraggled group before him. ?If there isn?t, I hope some of you don?t mind sharing with a big bundle of hair.?

He got blank stares and then one of them stepped forward, introducing himself and the others. Korr gave the small woman, Sofia something, another look. No wonder they were all staring so strangely at him and the Squib, they hadn?t met other species before? Where in the galaxy had they come from? When you ventured out into space, you were bound to encounter others - if they hadn?t already found you first, as had happened with his own people.

"We came here through a little time-warp,? the man continued. Before Korr could ask more, he said, ?We're chasing a, uh...," he gave Beenine an uneasy glance, "...a very deadly droid. Possibly an army of them."

An army of droids? What the? they were saying someone might have shipped an army of droids to Tatooine? Whatever for? All this ball of sand had to show for itself was, well, sand.

?Good thing I brought my emp launcher, we're pro'lly gonna need it...," the Squib said.

Korr looked down at his own box of rust and sighed. He knew it had been a mistake to rent it. His carbine could blow away most of the smaller kind of battle and assassin droids, but the more heavy ones would definitely be a problem. He was glad he?d listened to his instincts and had brought his detonators along, but he only had ten of them.

"K, which a you three are coming?? the Squib asked. ?Preferably the ones with the most amount of combat experience..." Korr glared at him and he faltered. "My intentions are not monetary if your wondering,? he protested. ?And I'm completely aware of the bounty."

Not monetary, hah! Korr only kept right on glaring. ?Stuff it, eh? Karz, right? I?ve met others of your kind before and none of them was ever happy unless they could make a trade of some kind. But that?s not it. No way are you getting the ones with the most combat experience. You?re the one with the armed speeder, remember? Which means I need to compensate with some good fighters on board. That way we all have a chance.?

He turned back to the group of humans and addressed their leader. ?Not just that, I also need them to have your heaviest artillery. So, what kind of battle droids exactly are we up against? When you say ?deadly?, do you mean they?re some kind of assault droids, or destroyers maybe??

Kriff, he hoped not. He?d seen a droidekas at work once and he had hoped never to get near one again, ever.

And there still remained the question of ?why?. Who commanded these droids and what did they want? And why would they attack a farm of all things? That sounded much more like raiders or slavers.

And if that was the case, he was definitely on board to go up against them.

TAG: Spatz, Twinky, Dubya

12. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Desert

Sofia raised an eyebrow as the green furred guy and Korr seemed to be calling dibs on who got who in their flying cars. It was as if she and the others were no better than walking guns to be used instead of trained soldiers.
    ?Not just that, I also need them to have your heaviest artillery. So, what kind of battle droids exactly are we up against? When you say ?deadly?, do you mean they?re some kind of assault droids, or destroyers maybe??
    "Look," she said, speaking up and holstering her hand guns at her sides, "do we get any say in this? Because if Kharz's thing has weapons on and Korr's doesn't, how about if Finch and Paul go with Kharz and me, Eddie and 'Chelle go with Korr. 'Chelle's a pretty hard hitter and I can hit them before they know it with my Eagle Eye here." She shrugged her shoulder where her rifle was slung.
    "As for the "droids" if they're exactly like the ones we're used to, then we're talking man height with an exo-skeleton and very very deadly weaponry."
    She looked over to Finch.
    "If it is the Machines, then they should know what they're up against. Sorry if I said too much sir."

13. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Teek're Eda

The rid was becoming rather comfortable, if not slower than he thought. The top speed of the speeder it turned out was not going to aid in keeping the supplies secured. He'd had to lower his speed down to a proverbial crawl, not that it mattered much. He'd started playing music about 5 minutes out of town, Heavy isotope genre, loud, blaring, relaxing to people in need of some heart pumping.

Thats why he was doing this. Money wasn't what he was after, just the thrill of the hunt, the investigation, and the resounding sound of a heavy blaster shot, a bright red lance piercing the sky and a plume of sand and glass erupting into the air. ?The Hell!?? That was a CEC Ship-mounted cannon. All those years in CorSec and you grow to recognize weapons used by Corellians.

Teek leaned forward in his chair and looked out the top of the windshield, and he saw it. ?What the hell is a Consular-class doing here? And why in the Nine Corellian Hells is the damn thing armed!?? Teek's speeder reached the top of a dune and he turned it to the right and brought it to a stop. He didn't want to get to damn close to that thing if it was firing indiscriminately.

The Echani stuck his head out the side screen of the cab and watched the Consular descend. Where had it been shooting? It was about this time that the target of the ship decided to make itself rather clear and obvious. Lightsabers activated in a dust cloud made lots of tiny pretty little lights as the sand was incinerated on contact with the blade.

The Jedi, first he was showing off in the cantina and now he was trying to take on a bloody space cruiser on his own? ?Tattooed fool must be zarking mad...? The opinion became fact as the Jedi leapt up into the cruisers ramp and he disappeared inside. ?Yeah lets jump inside the ship that just shot at us, thats a brilliant Idea.? Teek sighed, he didn't know what was more annoying, the fact that he was feeling the urge to think of a way to help the Jedi, or the fact that he had followed the wrong trail. ?Stupid sandball of a planet...?

Tag: Dubya, Sith-I-5

14. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Desert - Tatooine

Korr grinned at the one called Sofia, after she had indicated her weapon with a confidence that made him hope she really might be good with it.

?I like the way you think, Lady, especially if you and eh? ?Chelle?? can do what you say you can.?

Beside the speeder Wolf sat down on his haunches and gave a short bark. When Korr turned to him, he saw to his disgust that the wardog looked decidedly amused. Korr gave him a dirty look before turning back to the humans.

"As for the ?droids?,? Sofia was saying, ?if they're exactly like the ones we're used to, then we're talking man height with an exo-skeleton and very, very deadly weaponry." She looked at their leader. "If it is the Machines, then they should know what they're up against. Sorry if I said too much sir."

?Sounds like some type of assassin droid,? Korr said. He gave the speeder a spin, much to Beenine?s loudly expressed annoyance, and lined up right in front of the girl, lowering the vehicle to ground level. ?And I agree, we should know what we?re up against. So why don?t you tell me all about them, and your buddies tell Karz, as we move this to the farm? I'm also curious why you followed some droids all the way to another planet. How dangerous exactly are we talking about??

TAG: Twinky, Spatz, Dubya

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry about the lack of posting, or short posts... I've got family visiting from out of town, and I'm trying to squeeze in enough time for the RPF. :p

[b]IC: William Fincher, Eddie Miyano, Paul Dunlop, Michelle Thornton
    The deserts of Tatooine[/b]

[i]"... Sorry if I said too much sir,"[/i] Sparrow said to Fincher.

"Not at all. We're gonna need all the help we can get," Finch responded.

As one of the aliens spun the hovering vehicle around, he asked, [i]"... So why don?t you tell me all about them, and your buddies tell Karz, as we move this to the farm? I'm also curious why you followed some droids all the way to another planet. How dangerous exactly are we talking about?"[/i]

Fincher said, "To make a long story short: Somebody created some artificial intelligence back on our planet, and it ended up growing a mind of it's own and turning on us. Now the AI is known as [i]Skynet[/i] and it's building an army of what we call 'Terminators'."

Eddie Miyano continued for Finch. "And these Terminators are bent on enslaving and eventually obliterating us."

Michelle Thornton headed for Korr's speeder. "We followed the Terminators here to prevent them from destroying [i]your[/i] planet as well."

Eddie followed Michelle into Korr's speeder, while Finch and Paul Dunlop headed for Kharz'.

[b]TAG: Seremela, Spatz, Twinky...[/b]

16. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Desert

Sofia nodded to the explainations her team mates were giving as she climbed into the speeder.

"And there's another thing. If any of the newer models have come through then that means they'll be covered in living tissue. So it will look human, but that's where any similarities between us and them end. A Terminator can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until every living thing on this planet is dead."

She frowned, "And that's just one on its own."

She gave the small droid and the large dog creature a warely look before turning back to Korr and Kharz.

"It can be hard to spot one of the new models, sometimes you don't realise until it's too late. But they can be brought down."

Sofia couldn't help thinking about the first time she'd seen one of the T-800s. There had been a group of eight of them setting out to blow up one of the factories, simple enough mission. Halfway through the task the leader of the team, James Jones, had noticed they'd picked up another person. It was too late by then, the Terminator started killing the team members. The screaming had been deafening. Only Sofia and an explosives expert named Cheryl survived.

She shook her head. Didn't need to think about that now, they had a mission.

"So we'd better get moving."

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Jedi Kibeena Lite, Mitch Nifesta, the Darth Unlucky.

Lite found the ramp and hatch led into a dark area of the attacking ship, illuminated now by the light streaming through the boarding hatch, mainly blocked by his body now, and the green glow from his drawn lightsabre blade.

He probed ahead with the Force, and sensed there was something or someone ahead of him, but it was indistinct. In contrast, he could sense that the back of this area to be no more than a few metres from him, so the other person did not have much room to manouvre.

Two slashes of red appeared in front and slightly above him, close enough together to be eyes.
    ?Welcome to my parlour, said the webweaver to the glow-fly.? A menacing voice filled with natural bass announced from the darkness. ?Though I would contest that if more flies carried lightsabres, webweavers would not be so keen to mess with them.?

The Kiffar had no time for this banter. Iillor was, no... He pushed everything about her to the back of his mind. ?Why did you attack me??

?Oh, I?m sorry. Where did I lose you on the webweaver glow-fly metaphor??

Lite narrowed his eyes in disbelief, certain that he was putting two and two together, and getting five. ?You plan to eat me??

?Got the napkin and everything. And you won?t be needing that.?

Kibeena?s gaze flicked to his lightsabre, just as the blade extinguished, leaving a faint afterglow on his vision. ?Okay,? he countered, curving the middle finger of his left hand under the thumb, and tensing the hand as if to flick something. ?you won?t be needing those.?

Nifesta?s crimson eyes crossed, large hands cupping the pained area between his legs where the unexpected Force attack had struck him, and he dropped instantly to his knees, head facing the open hatchway.

Lite contemptuously Force-waved his opponent out of the opening, and looked around for some way to go further into the vessel. ?Lights.? He called.

Glowrods set into the ceiling flickered on, showing the bare metal foyer, and the cylindrical turbolift set into the bulkhead.

Well that was reasonably unexpected. A disembodied voice announced from somewhere near the ceiling. Leave while you can.

?I am not going anywhere.? The Kiffar jedi growled.

Fine. Come on up.

The turbolift door, a curved sheet of stained and scratched white metal that had sustained it?s fair share of knocks, retracted into its housing, to reveal the cramped interior, room for about three people.

Kibeena stepped in without hesitation, unlit lightsabre still in hand.

Sliding down the exposed boarding ramp on one shoulder, the twi?lek managed to grab the edge with one hand, gripping it so hard that the metal wielded and bent.

Tan robes fluttering around him in the breeze battering the underside of his ship, he held on by one hand, determined not to fall the dozen metres to the sand dunes below, for that would surely kill him.

Taking a moment, the crimson-eyed E.P.E., or Extraordinary Powered Entity, spotted that he was being observed from the top of a distant dune. A landspeeder model that he was unfamiliar with.

?Lovely day!? He called, to be polite and perhaps draw attention away from his predicament, not really expecting his voice to carry down to the passenger. ?Enough of this.?

Gritting his teeth against the dull pain under his groin, he reached up with his other hand, got purchase on the ramp?s ribbed metal, and started to haul himself, hands, elbows, then knees, back inside his own ship.

Tag: Teek?ra Eda

OOC: A long time ago, perhaps back in the last century, a new fresh-faced comedian whose identity I missed back then, and still don't know, said: "If worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't mess with them."

So the spider/glow-fly thing is not original to me.

18. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Dubya Approved!

Name: Tiberius Pierce
    Codename/Nickname: Screamer
    Nationality: Caucasian
    Specialty: Heavy Weapons
    Appearance: 5'10, 178lbs. Tank Top, Camo Jacket, brown Timbalands, Black Jean Shorts. Curly brown hair.
    Short Bio: Screamer was a social outcast. He played with his daddy's guns when he was younger and when he got older, his dad taught him how to shoot and about warfare and hunting. He joined the Resistance and received his name from his war hungry attitude and affinity to pick the biggest weapons and cause the biggest explosions in a battle.

------------

Screamer
    -Tatooine

Screamer stretched. This was not a good thing to happen and he was speaking about the aliens they were now encountered with. Maybe they had some technology to stop the Terminators, but then again, why would the Terminators go somewhere they knew had weapons to stop them. So that could not be depended upon.

Remembering life before 2003 was no longer a habit of Screamer. Neither was remembering anything. One thing he had learned about "treasuring memories" was that if you took the time to reflect on the past you would inevitably run upon something that you regretted or wished you had/hadn't done. That was depressing and Screamer was not interested in bringing himself down any further.

Destructive robots had destroyed human civilization. He did not need to be reminded of that.

In any case, he followed Finch to the ride before tapping him on the shoulder. "Yea, definitely gotta keep moving. What do you want me to do with the weapons?"

Tag: Team

19. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008

Desert ? Tatooine

Korr was starting to develop a headache about the whole thing. An artificial intelligence with a mind of its own ? okay, why wouldn?t it have a mind of its own? A lot of droids had a mind of their own, it came with the intelligence.

And ? looking like a human? He glanced at Beenine, who was making sounds that Korr had learned were the equivalent of muttering.

?Yeah,? he told it, ?I agree, why would a droid want to pass off as a human? Don?t make sense to me either. But you better get in the back, because we?re taking off.?

Still muttering, Beenine rolled backwards and dropped itself beside the humans, whom he blithely ignored. Wolf was already on his way to the farm and Korr wanted to follow quickly. The wardog was clever, but armies of droids weren?t exactly his kind of thing.

?Everybody sitting and ready? Let?s go.? He pushed the acceleration immediately to the max, which didn?t mean they went off with a bang, the blasted thing was way too slow for that, but they did build up a nice speed as they passed Karz. He gave a wave to the Squib and the humans with him and followed Wolf over the sand, carbine ready beside him.

Droids bent on enslaving and eventually obliterating others? it sounded like a bad holovid. But he didn?t get the feeling that these humans were messing with him, so he wanted to know more - about the droids, and about these strange humans as well.

TAG: Spatz, Twinky, blubeast, Dubya

20. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Teek'ra Eda

Teek wasn't quite sure if he was seeing what he was seeing. ?Is that a zarking twi'lek hanging from a the damn loading ramp?? The Echani rubbed his eyes, and squinted back at the ship, wondering if it was just the drinks he'd had earlier. Nope, still there. So there either really was twi'lek of unnatural strength hanging from a boarding ramp or he was much more drunk than he though. Considering that he had driven so well up to here, he was actually inclined to believe the first.

?What the hell is this, some sorta sub-reality holodrama?? It certainly seemed like it, Jedi doing stupid things, Consular-class Cruisers in the middle of the bloody outer rim, Twi'leks strong enough to dangle from ramps on a flying ship. Hell it was like an action movie... what was that old genre? The Jedi Action Genre. Could that be it? Well they were known to be over exaggerated.

A small smile crept onto Teek's face, he wanted excitement, and what was more exiting then crashing the set of a Show about Jedi, hell, he might even get on the show. He pressed a button on the console to tighten the support straps on his supplies and restarted the speeder. He probably couldn't get onto the ship now, but he could sure as hell chase the damn thing. He raised the speeder up 50 meters from the ground, about a quarter of its maximum altitude, and headed towards the Consular. If it didn't move, he'd park nice and gently right inside the open ramp, if it did. Well, High speed chases were good for a shows ratings weren't they?

For all his thinking on this however, Teek, never thought to ponder, where were all the cameras?

Maybe he should have waited for the alcohol to were off just a bit longer.

Tag: Sith-I-5

21. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher, Dunlop, Thornton, Miyano
    the deserts

There was a tap on his shoulder. "... What do you want me to do with the weapons?"

Fincher turned to see Screamer with all the heavy weaponry. "Here," he pointed a finger toward Kharz's speeder. "Let's load it up into the..." he paused, wondering what to call it, "this hovering...car."

Once the equipment and Earth humans were aboard the speeders, they headed out.

The whole ride there, Fincher was wondering what they'd find at this farm. Had the Terminators just recently made the jump here? Or had they been here for quite a while and they didn't know it? Was it just one Terminator? Ten Terminators? T-1000's? TX's? Had Skynet expanded to this planet as well? All this different questions had given him quite a headache...

TAG: ALL...

[b]OOC 1 :[/b] If I'm not mistaken, I believe Finch, "old man" Dunlop, and Screamer are on Kharz' speeder, while Eddie Miyano, Michelle Thornton, and Sofia "Sparrow" are on Korr's speeder. ... Correct me if I'm wrong. [face_tongue]

[hr]

[b]OOC: 2 :[/b] I'll post the arrival of the two speeders at the farm in my next post. Don't wanna drag it out for too long. I know we all want some action. [face_wink] And the other players (Sithy and Kahn and whoever else is out there) can join us at the farm whenever you're ready.

22. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz nodded to Korr as his speeder went by, leaving him, paul, sparrow, and fincher with his speeder. Droids hiding as humans? Most likely they want to remain hidden until they strike, but an advanvced AI and droid enslaving the organic race...somethings wrong about that. Kharz thought to himself as he ensured everyone was inside his speeder.

"K, y'all might want to hang on, this thing puts a good speed that makes a shame out of some podracers." And with tha Kharz hid the accel, porpelling his speeder faster than what any of the humans would be prepared for.

Tag ~ Duby

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Kibeena Lite(jedi knight), the Last Bolt (computer intelligence), Mitch Nifesta , aboard the Darth Unlucky.

The jedi emerged from the turbolift as soon as the door slid aside, to see the long deck stretching out ahead of him. Immediately to his left, a crew lounge and a circular, chequered-topped game table.

His lightsabre still unlit, the Kiffar warily stepped forwards, casting his senses forwards to find the person who had spoken.

?I cannot sense your presence aboard this ship,? he eventually admitted aloud.

Yeah, there is a reason for that. The computer intelligence likewise admitted.

?And that would be??

While the computer and the visitor were playing Twenty Questions on the bridge, Nifesta finally stood before the turbolift door in the Deck One foyer, and jumped onto his heels, as if that would help relieve the dull pain.

He pressed the ?call? button beside the door frame.

?Oh, so you are a computer.? Kibeena echoed, walking through the hallway that led towards the cockpit. He had passed through the navigation compartment, and was ready to access the three-seater cockpit area before him, when twin blast doors hissed shut in front of him, presenting a metal barrier with a thin diagonal slash across the centre.

A green light shone over the grey durasteel as Lite activated his lightsabre. ?That won?t stop me for long.? He prophesied, plunging the glowing blade deep into it, the metal around the weapon turning orange and melty.

Oi! How?d you like me to come round your 'gaff' and frag up one of your doors?

Tag: Teek?ra, and possibly the Yellow Pages (?hi, do you repair doors??)

24. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: ...
    Ignacio farm - Tatooine

The speeders slowed as they approached the homestead. It appeared to be fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. No smoke, no dead bodies, no bullet casings...

As the speeders came to a halt, Fincher hopped out, his feet landing in the hot sand, and readied his machine gun. Pointing it toward the oddly-shaped house, something that he had never seen on Earth before, he said to the others, "Be cautious. Anything could jump out from anywhere."

TAG: People headed to the moisture farm...

(ooc: another post coming very soon...)

25. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Screamer
    -Tatooine

Following Finch's lead, Screamer readied himself with two assault rifles and ran a meter or two ahead of Finch and then posted, waiting for the others. He loved combat. Maybe as a result of too many Rambo movies or maybe he was just deeply disturbed. It really did not matter. He mentally shrugged and smiled.

"Finch, I'm not having a good feeling about this." Nobody would have a good feeling about fighting a robot. Robots had alot of weapons and they were strong and hard to hurt. Matter of fact, he was wondering why he was fighting the terminators. Was he insane? Oh yeah, he was.

Duh!

Tag: Dubya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.