main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Machine Wars - (a Star Wars/Terminator crossover)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Acknowledged, Kahn Iceay. Appreciate you letting me know. I won't wait for you, if I feel inspired to post, and you are not around, then.

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher
    Ignacio homestead

"What are the relative capabilities and data on these droids?" Kharz asked him.

"These things are robotic assassins," Finch responded. "They're built with hydraulic servomechanisms which makes it unbelievably strong. And they're powered by hydrogen fuel cells. They're internal computer has the ability to learn, so it's probably learned a lot about your world already."

Finch looked at the repaired protocol droid. He continued, "And it looks like they've already learned how your robots, er, droids work. If they hack into any computer networks you have, there's no telling how much they've learned about this place."

TAG: Kharz and others...

(ooc: I got this info from the Wikipedia article, in case anyone wishes to read it)

3. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Korr
    Ignacio homestead

The Squib seemed to completely understand what the human was talking about, but Korr let it pass. His homeworld didn?t have much of the technologies he had encountered in the other worlds after having been taken away from there, and he didn?t think he would ever completely catch up with it. Not that he wanted to, he hadn?t been interested in technology back when his life had been? a life? either.

He was starting to think too much again. And he?d come out here, in the middle of the frikking desert, to get away from that, from his own mind.

Definitely time to move.

He slipped into the strap of his carbine, settled the weapon securely on his back and pulled his blaster. ?Enough of this talking, I?m going in,? he told the others. He began to walk in the direction of the small, domed building at the edge of the artificial crater, where he knew the stairs would be. Since the suns were reaching the far horizon, he could blink the protective membranes away from his eyes.

The small building seemed to be truly empty. He looked at the wardog.

?Wolf, anyone in there??

Wolf barked once and jogged inside the small building without hesitation. He would be less amused with the stairs, Korr knew. The steps would be too small for him to get down easily.

?Beenine?? he called.

The droid?s beeps sounded distinctly unhappy to Korr. Even after all these years he still wondered how a cylinder of metal and glowing lights, with only whistles and beeping sounds at its disposal, could convey such recognizable emotions.

?Quit complaining. I told you you?d be coming and I?m not going to change my mind,? he yelled back. ?I have a feeling I?m gonna need you on this one.?

There the small droid did it again. Was he really as pleased and proud as he seemed to Korr, the way he whistled his answers and quickly rolled towards him, or was his own imagination playing tricks on him?

More useless thoughts. ?Anyone coming?? he yelled, before following Wolf inside and down the stairs to the bottom of the pit.

TAG: Dubya, Spatz, Twinky, blubeast

4. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz shuddered in the thought of assassain droids that capable. He had come across a couple of them during his line of work, usually they required repairs, but none of them looked as if they could quickly obtain huge amounts of data in a short period of time.

"Wait, hydrogen fuel cells? That's relatively easy to take out, usually due to the ease of combustion or explosion. That'll make defeating it easier, as long as we target these feul cells." Kharz said almost absent mindedly as he followed behind Korr, his blaster ready.

Tag ~ Duby

5. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Finch, TC-5O3
    homestead

"They dragged my human master away," the droid continued. "I don't know if they're dead or not. Do be careful down there."

Dragged them away? Fincher knew what was happening. The Machines didn't want to kill them because they needed them for slaves.

"Alright," Finch said, readying this machine gun. "Let's go."

The inside of the strange building was quiet. It seemed almost spooky.

TAG: homestead people...

6. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Screamer
    -Farm

He nodded as Finch directed them inside. He picked a shotgun off the speeder. It was more powerful and better suited for an unknown, dark location. Especially against Terminators. Last thing they needed was the rifle going off and bouncing all around in an enclosed space. He liked shotguns better, anyway. They made more damage and a louder noise.

He took the lead, as he always did, and was the first to step into the building. It was spooky. There was no other word to describe it. It was silent and silence wasn't good when you were hunting a killing machine capable of eliminating you and your entire squad in seconds. The thoughts only made the place more spookier, if that was a word.

Finch's insight on the machines being able, or possibly having the opportunity, to download information from this new world. From what Screamer had seen so far, this planet was advanced, way too advanced for the machines to get their hands on before the humans did. The inside seemed like it was a home and Screamer could see what was probably a kitchen. He did not see anything so far, but held his shotgun up and close to his body before pointing it out and walking into the house. As he made his way into the kitchen, he felt the sensation of something creeping up to kill him.

It was just fear. But that did not make him feel any better.

Tag: Team

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Last Bolt computer intelligence, Mitch Nifesta, the Darth Unlucky.

With the ship now stopped dead in the air, the Last Bolt registered that Agent Nifesta had now reached the command deck where the intruder was, and as able to divert its? attention to the outside, where the strange speeder apparently wanted to ram backwards into them.

Two discreet red metal panels popped out, on either side of the cockpit, and slid back, followed by fluidic-operated Taim & Bak KT6 heavy blaster cannon. They in turn zeroed in on the rear of the utility landspeeder as it reversed, but almost immediately lost line-of-sight as it got so close that the vessel?s very structure got in the way!

Now useless, the weapons emplacements retracted and disappeared again.

On the bridge, the jedi managed to push himself up and away from the Navigation Console as the deck righted itself and settled, once again.

He could feel a finality to the Force, the realisation hammering against his very being as he actively sought to delay it until the Iillor girl was safe.

He side-stepped back across the partially melted barrier, reaching for the hilt of his lightsabre with his right hand, and doubled-over in agony as the pain exploded from under his midriff!

?You learn something new, every day.? A familiar voice, filled with dread, said from behind him, ?And I have learned that you can do Force attacks against a sentient?s ?appy sacs. Just never occurred to me before; so thanks for that.?

?You?re welcome.? The Kiffur growled into the deck, collapsed to his knees, bulging bare shoulders glistening with perspiration in the artificial lighting as he tried to keep from giving in to the pain, and collapsing onto his front.
    He took a deep breath and willed himself to ignore the pain.

?The Force is strong in me. We are luminous beings; not this crude matter.? The mantra helped Kibeena to fight back, to rally his strength, to straighten up and sit back on his haunches...

...To find the attacker?s pale, crimson eyed face, right in front of his own, glaring back at him.

Kibeena stared into those angry eyes, and was taken aback when they suddenly changed colour, from red to the deepest, blackest pools, as if they were twin windows into a hell dimension that had no benefit of light.

A blue-white crackle of energy, to all intents and purposes, the jedi?s life force; jumped out of his upturned face and streamed across the short distance into the kneeling twi?lek?s, the radiation backwash flashing off the closest metal surfaces, and creating a bubbling black mark across the back of the maroon synthleather chair serving the Navigation Station.

After several moments of the one-way energy transfer, the Kiffar?s body appeared to dry up, age, dessicate, and then in a final insult that just sagged the empty clothes, lost all cohesion and disintegrated into a fine grey psychic ash that in no way represented the volume of the body that had been there.

Quivering lips drew back to reveal sharpened fangs and teeth, and the sated twi?lek stood, tossed back his head and roared to the Heavens, the primordial howl echoing around the multi-compartmented bridge.

That was glorious! He could survive on Sith and dark jedi, but nothing, nothing,
    tasted like Light-sider.

Tag: Teek?ra

8. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Korr has ultraviolet sight. That's why he can see the blood seeped into the sand, even if it's hardly there and we humans wouldn't see it. I've asked Dubya permission to use this ability of his and he has granted permission.

Ignacio homestead

Korr was still studying the central plaza in the pit when he saw one of the humans, the one called Streaker, already enter the living chambers, so he turned to the other side of the pit. The first space he looked in was an open storage room full of machine parts, rusty metals and other technical looking bits and pieces. Beenine immediately rolled inside, beeping happily. Korr ignored the droid and turned to Wolf, but the wardog merely sniffed the air politely and set down on his haunches.

?Nothing in here, huh?? Korr stepped back into the plaza and walked to the next door. He was about to push it open, when he saw something, glittering in the sand in front of yet another door, this one wider than most.

He hurried toward it and cursed. It was indeed blood, not much, but unmistakably there, sparkling in the light. He knelt and looked at the underside of the door. More blood smudged the stones right underneath it.

?You smell anything behind it?? he asked Wolf.

The wardog looked up at him, wagged his tail and gave a friendly whuff.

?Guess not.? He still put his blaster back in its holster and took the carbine in hand before he pushed the door open. He immediately slipped to the right, away from the light outlining him from behind, and looked around. This room seemed to be a storage room as well, and equally empty of life, or droids. He went to the light switch. When the artificial light flooded the room, he swore. There was more blood here, a thick smear all over the stone floor, leading to the back wall and yet another door.

Korr looked at what was in the room a little closer. He went to a line of containers and read one of the labels.

?Plant nutrition.?

He looked again at the door in the back. ?I think we found the entrance to the underground gardens, Wolf. And a trail for you.?

He tightened the grip on his carbine and went back to the outside door. ?Overhere,? he yelled.

TAG: Dubya, Spatz, Blubeast, Twinky

9. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Under the homestead

"Over here," he heard Korr yell.

His instincts made him turn swiftly, machine gun raised, finger on the trigger. He quickly moved over in that direction, weapon ready to fire.

Fincher entered the room. Dried blood on the floor. "Damn."

He relaxed his grip on the gun.

Fincher said, "They wouldn't have dragged dead bodies with them. The people are still alive, just enslaved." He looked around the room with all the strange things in it. "What the hell is this place?"

TAG: all in the homestead...

10. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Ignacio homestead

"They wouldn't have dragged dead bodies with them. The people are still alive, just enslaved."

Korr tensed when he heard that. "Droids that enslave others? Well, that should make them fit right in. By the One, I hate Tatooine. I never should've taken that last job!"

He gave a savage shove at one of the containers with plant fertilizer. The container fell on the floor, liquid spilling out.

Luckily Fincher ignored his display of temper, focused on their surroundings. "What the hell is this place?" he asked.

Korr gave the container another shove, this time with his boot. "These all contain plant fertilizer. Over there are some tools for gardening...." He swallowed and looked away from them, ruthlessly pressing down an image of his wife as she was taking care of the flowers in the tiny garden she had loved so much. Even after all these years images like that could suddenly blindside him and they still weren't easy for him to deal with. He didn't think they'd ever would be. He didn't want them to be; his memories were all he had of them. But this wasn't the time or place.

"And that," he nodded at a stack of black, square pots, "could be plant holders. So I'm guessing this leads to the gardens." He shrugged. "What the rest is for, beats me. All I know is that they're hydrophonic gardens, so they're probably filled with plant containers of some kind. But I've no idea how big it will be down there. It depends on what they grow. Some of these farmers grow pretty exotic stuff, from all over the galaxy. Especially if they work for the Hutts."

He pushed his hair back and stared at the door in the back of the room. "I can't do much about the Hutts, or the situation on Tatooine, but I'll be damned if I let a bunch of crazy droids get into the slavetrade without some challenge."

TAG: all in the homestead

11. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz sighed as he looked around the homestead, following the group. He was happy Korr was explaining what the stuff in the homestead's hydrophonic garden was, he didn't know, or really care to know. He worried as soon as he heard Hutts, mainly because if this was a Hutt supplier, than that wouild mean that there would soon be an angry Hutt. He didn't like the sounds of droids enslaving humans, but carried on anyways. He dipped his finger in a small patch of mpoderatly wet blood, and evaluated it, only to find that it was human anyways. He sighed inwardly, feeling bored and disappointed that the droids weren't here anymore.

Tag ~ Duby / others

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Agent Mitch Nifesta, the Last Bolt A.I., bridge of the Darth Unlucky.

When the hit of consuming the jedi?s life force had worn off, there was work to do.

There was the blast door to the cockpit to sort out. The jedi, Kibeena Lite, had been his name, Mitch knew from the new memories that he had gained, had melted through it with his lightsabre.
    If he or the Last Bolt tried to open the doors fully, the hot, black and orange slurry pumped over both sides of the barrier, would interfere with and stick to the housing spaces in the walls, and probably never come out again. He was using a spatula, a wide-bladed utensil, to scrape off the slurry and put it into a metal pail where it could cool and harden without further damage to his ship.

As for gaining the memories of those he consumed, it had been that way for the centuries of his existence, so he was long beyond judging if that was a good or a bad thing.

Holding the spatula with the paint-spattered wooden handle, and scraping upwards under the gash Knight Lite had made ? he wished he had known the Kiffar?s title and surname before he?d killed him, could have spent some extra time just taking the pith ? the twi?lek organised his new memories.

Contrary to what Cindel on SGIS? Reception insisted, males could multitask. Hah!

?Cho Mai!? He blurted aloud.

Gesundheit. The computer returned, politely, using the popular Ursean for 'Bless You'.

?What??

What?

Nifesta narrowed his eyes. ?Gesundheit??

It?s what you say when someone sneezes. That, or, 'remind me not to shake hands with you'. And I don?t have hands, so...

?I was not sneezing. Our jedi friend regarded ?Cho Mai? as a cool lightsabre move, as it shows that the Jedi using it had the honor to cause the opponent minimal physical damage; it also showed the skill and mastery of the Jedi performing the move to the opponent...?

So what is a Cho Mai when it?s at home?

?The act of cutting off an opponent's weapon-using hand.?

Cool.

?Isn?t it?? Nifesta grinned as he flicked another dab of steaming slag into the bucket. Then the smile dropped away, and his face went ashen. ?Oh, bugger!?

The computer paused, trying to think of a suitable rejoinder. Ah, I got nothin?.

The SGIS agent realised he had to get to the cockpit, but the slashed barrier was still in place, and he couldn?t yet retract the doors. ?Last Bolt, can you fly the ship??

Well, duh! How do you think I handled the collision alert. The computer intelligence pointed out, reasonably. Incidentally, you have not yet asked about the landspeeder.

?I?ll ask when I hear hull damage or intruder alarms. Right, I need you to log into the local info-net for locations of moisture farms on the route that we interdicted the jedi.?

Info-net. You do know this is Tatooine, right?

Mitch looked about, distracted. His minds eyes was seeing a young blonde woman, her hair up in a bun, proudly standing in her dark blue uniform.
    To his left, was the Navigation Console, and his gaze had swept over it two or three times before its presence fully registered. He dropped into the chair, and powered on the circular screen.
    ?Knight Lite, man, I love that name, just learned about a rogue droid that was killing people out on the farmsteads. Scan for the electro-magnetic signature of landspeeder repulsorlifts; should be a number of them converging on a single moisture farm.?

Got it. And converged, I?d say. The computer reported. Setting a course.

?Negative!? Mitch shouted, then lowed his voice. ?Sorry, negative. That should be the Ignacio? farm. We want the one five to seven klicks approximately due west of that position. Name of D

13. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    under the homestead - garden area

"... Some of these farmers grow pretty exotic stuff, from all over the galaxy. Especially if they work for the Hutts," Korr had said.

Finch didn't even hear the word "Hutts". He stopped when he heard "all over the galaxy".

"All over the galaxy?" Finch repeated in the form of a question. "You mean there's more than one habitable planet here? That you can travel through outer space?"

Suddenly this world got a lot more interesting...

TAG: Any under the homestead...

14. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Ignacio homestead

"All over the galaxy?" Finch asked. "You mean there's more than one habitable planet here? That you can travel through outer space?"

Korr stared at him. "Okay," he finally said. "I can get that you took one look at Tatooine and assumed a planet this dismal probably had no space travel, but what's this about 'more than one habitable planet'? Of course there's more than one habitable planet, in fact, there's hundreds of them."

He shook his head in disbelieve. "That must be some remote part of the galaxy you people come from through that... whatever you called it."

TAG: everyone in the homestead

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Reposting, because it may have been missed:

IC: ...
    Earth, then to Tatooine

After learning that a team had jumped through the portal without him, Nate Wilson wanted John Conner, leader of the Resistance, to send him along as well.

John Conner hesitated. But he knew that Wilson's skills and experience would help the team. So he agreed to send Wilson through.

While the Human Resistance had slowly taken over the Skynet base in which they stood, Conner activated the portal, sending Nate Wilson to...who knows where.

- - - - -

The last thing he knew, Nate was standing on the glowing platform. There was a white flash and then he found himself in a hot desert. A very strange desert. One that appeared to have two suns.

He would no doubt feel some pain and/or disorientation from the jump, but at least he still had his clothes and his weapons and equipment.

There didn't seem to be anything in either direction. But, there was a trail in the sand, about the width of a car. The sand had been pushed aside, as if something had "hovered" over it.

TAG: TheManinBlack...

[b]IC: Fincher
    under the homestead[/b]

[i]"That must be some remote part of the galaxy you people come from through that... whatever you called it."[/i]

Listening to Korr, Fincher was looking at the garden equipment in the room. "Yeah," he responded simply, almost sounding a bit confused. Could they still possibly be in the Milky Way galaxy?

His head was beginning to hurt. This was a lot to take in, not to mention that they were hunting Terminators...who knows how many...

His thoughts were interrupted when there was a loud voice coming from another room beyond the garden areas. "HELP!" a voice screamed. Then there was gunfire. Then silence.

Fincher swore and ran toward the next room, hurdling garden equipment as he went.

[b]TAG: all under the homestead...[/b]

16. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Sofia "Sparrow" Mason
    Outside homestead

As soon as the scream rang out Sofia moved to run into the homestead. She paused before going in, but as the sounds then switched to gunfire she shook off her unease and ran in.
    "Finch!"
    She followed the sounds down the corridors. It was a little dark down one way but she just focussed on finding the others. She ran up behind them, gun drawn.
    "What's going on?"

TAG: others.

17. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz rushed after Fincher, figuring that there would be an EMP launcher necessary. He was confused how humans could not know that there was many habitable planets in a galaxy, but focused on the location of the scream, which was easy for him due to the structure of his ears.

Tag ~ All present

18. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    under the homestead - garden area

The room from which the screams and gunfire had come was deeper into the garden areas. This next room was dark. Apparently the lighting had been cut off.

Fincher cautiously stepped into the room. He had pulled out a mini MagLite flashlight from his belt and shined it ahead of him.

The floor was nothing but dirt. And he saw more gardening supplies. He heard the others enter behind him. "Be careful," he commented. A few more steps into the darkness and he came across the body of a middle-aged human woman. She was face down in the dirt with multiple bullet holes in her back.

"Damn it," he muttered. "Medic? Anybody have medical supplies?" He reached down, pushed her blond hair aside, and felt for a pulse. The body was still warm, but there was no pulse.

TAG: others in the garden area of the homestead...

[b]IC: probe droid
    flying over the Tatooine deserts
    ...a few minutes earlier...[/b]

The droid was searching, as it had been re-programmed to do.

Searching for anything.

It saw a Consular-class ship in mid-air up ahead. It figured it should investigate. After all, it's new Master was expecting it to gather intel and report [i]something[/i].

It swooped close to the cruiser and swung around it, collecting data and images as it moved. When it got further around the ship, it noticed a landspeeder hanging out the ships ramp. This was an odd sight. It's Master may definitely be interested in this.

The spherical probe droid, no bigger than an Earth soccer ball, moved in closer to the speeder. It's sensors were running, looking for lifeforms or anything else out of the ordinary...

[i](ooc: the events in this post take place only a few minutes before the [/i]Darth Unlucky[i] zooms off across the desert)[/i]

[b]TAG: Kahn, possibly Sithy...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Dunlop, Miyano, Thornton, TC-5O3
    Ignacio homestead - above ground[/b]

The three Human Resistance soldiers patiently waited. The scream and gunfire could be heard all the way up here.

Miyano wiped sweat from his brow and spoke into his radio headset. "Finch, do you copy?" He looked at the others and shook his head. They weren't getting a response. Either their headsets weren't working, or... [i]No, don't even think that[/i], Eddie Miyano thought to himself.

Thornton said, "Sofia and Kharz headed down there to help. If we don't get any response within a few minutes, we go down there."

Dunlop nodded in agreement.

The protocol droid just stood there in the sand. "Oh dear, oh dear..."

[b]TAG: anyone left above ground at the Ignacio homestead...[/b]

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Someone here may look familiar to the GM!

IC: Ewlla Iillor, Mitch Nifesta, Last Bolt

Crouched on her elbows and knees in the fetid water of the subterranean pipe, the young woman realised had gone silent for quite some time.

Her thoughts had turned to the mindless slaughter of the Dawnstriders ? Tilly, the only other girl at Raithal Officers Academy, and Tillys? parents, shredded, immolated, smashed.

She did not know who the farmers out here had annoyed, but whoever it was, was striking back in a big way.

In spite of her desperate situation, she sniggered, imagining the sand people riding out of the desert and spotting that fifty foot fragger.

Easily startled, but will be back in greater numbers, She thought, her chuckles threatening to turn hysteric as they echoed up and down the damp, dark tunnel. Not this time.

Then she heard the engines. Repulsors. Too heavy to landspeeder, or even airspeeder, and definitely coming closer. Then she felt the vibration under her soaked knees that told her that the owner of those engines had just landed nearby.

Could be related to the droid, but could she take the risk that they were not rescuers?

She started shuffling backwards down the tunnel, wincing at the pain in her knees from the harsh stone.

Leaving the turbolift, Mitch headed for the still open ramp, his right fist lightly grasping the silky red number that he had picked up in the past. It was hugged the torso and the hips, had a high collar, no sleeves, and the skirt end was slit on both sides to show off the entire leg from most angles.

He had specifically gotten it for his tomboyish fellow agent, Shasta Moonreaper, a tall, slim and blonde, cracking bit of stuff with an unfortunate penchant for wearing a red vest over a black jumpsuit.

Still, one woman?s meat was another man?s poison.

Anyways, the jedi he had just eaten, had had quite an eye for the ladies, and the E.P.E. was confident enough of his second-hand memory of the endangered Iillor, that he reckoned this outfit would fit her.

As he stomped down the ramp, he could see, beyond the welcome shade that the ships? hull had formed, the still intact entrance arch of a mostly collapsed habi-dome about two hundred metres away, the bleached stone-masonry looking like it had been hit by a meteor.

Beside the door, someone had constructed a latticed black metal sculpture with a wide base, that looked like a crude 2 from where he stood.

Not seeing any immediate danger, he proceeded forwards.

STAY. The Last Bolt ordered.

Mitch stopped, turning to look back into the ship. ?Now, you didn?t give me any hassle over eating that jedi, so I will let that one go, but if you think you are going to start treating me like your doggie, we are going to have a falling out.?

Something is wrong.

Mitch peered outside again. ?Well, I know that sculpture looks like a kneeling giant that has its fist right over where a person would emerge, but I?m sure there is no cause for conc...? He looked again, realising what he had said. ?Oh, kiss my-?

To be continued?

20. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Ignacio homestead

"Yeah," was all Fincher said to Korr?s words, sounding confused. But Korr was more interested in going ahead and enter the garden area. Wolf was picking something up; he stood staring at the door, lips raised so his formidable teeth showed and his tail switching slowly left and right.

There definitely was something behind that door. And by the look of Wolf?s agressive stance, it was more than dead bodies.

His thoughts were confirmed when a loud voice came from behind the door and he heard someone scream, "HELP!" Then there was gunfire. Then silence.

Fincher swore and ran toward the next room, hurdling garden equipment as he went. Korr was right behind him, carbine ready.

?What?s going on?? he heard someone call out behind them, a woman?s voice. When he looked quickly over his shoulder, he saw the young woman called Sofia, and Kharz. He was glad to see the EMP launcher ready in Kharz? hands. Then Fincher opened the door in front of them on darkness.

?Be careful,? Fincher said. He had produced a glowrod of some kind and shone it in front of him. It gave a strange light, bleeding color and substance from everything it fell on. A typical human light then. Korr didn?t like how they impaired his vision and unhooked his own glowrod from his belt. Especially when he heared Wolf growl softly beside him.

The wardog's warning for danger. They weren?t alone down here.

Finch called out for medical supplies and when Korr turned toward him, he saw that the man had found someone laying on the floor, face down in the dirt. Korr blinked at something that looked like bullet holes in her back, holes that somehow lacked depth in the awful light. Fincher was checking her and Korr opened his mouth to ask how she was when Wolf barked sharply and ran off.

?Blast it, Wolf, wait!? Korr lighted his own glowrod, one with a broad beam of the right kind of light, and ran after the wardog, between rows of tables filled with plants. Some of the tables had been overturned and a lot of the plants had ended on the ground, forcing him to jump over them.

?Wolf?, he hissed softly, hoping to avoid detection of whatever was there further in the cavernlike room and knowing the wardog could hear him just fine. But the huge beast didn?t listen, it was definitely on the hunt. If it was one of those dangerous droids Korr didn?t think there was much the wardog could do against it, no matter how strong the animal was. He sped up, determined to catch up with Wolf before that confrontation took place, knowing it was futile unless Wolf decided to slow down.

TAG: everyone around

21. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Teek'ra

The Echani pressed his forehead against the steering wheel of the land speeder. The fact that the ship had gone from not doing anything to suddenly dropping blasters to shoot him, was rather to much for the Echani. He'd moved the speeder under the ship, towards the center, pretty close to the ground, hiding in a spot he assumed wouldn't be targeted by a weapon.

?Ok, so I'm not gonna crash the party...? he leaned back against the chair and looked out the small sunroof at the underside of the ship. ?So I guess I'll just sit here till you leave then huh?? Teek'ra reached behind the passenger chair and grabbed one of the small bottles of water and took a long swig. ?Now I wish I hadn't drank so much. I might, just might be able to tell if that jedi's ok...?

Putting the bottle in a cup holder Teek prepared to leave the ship behind, to continue on towards the farm, when he saw the droid. ?So what, now you're going to record me?? The droid, looked pretty standard for a probe or camera droid, didn't really seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary. Honestly Teek'ra had nothing to assume the droid belong to the ship, but who's else would it be? ?Sorry, if you're not nice enough to let me in, you're not getting a picture.?

With that said, Teek pressed down on the accelerator and moved off away from the ship towards where he guessed the Farm would be. He felt, and heard the ship start to move behind him not long after but he didn't turn to look. Not even to see if the droid was following him. The Echani had lost interest, he had to get back to the work at hand.

Tag: Dubya

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, Last Bolt, Ewlla Iillor, the Dawnstrider moisture farm.

A chill went through the twi?lek agent as the full implications of what he was lookng at dawned on him, and what he was looking at, was the largest droid he had ever seen, like a metal simulacrum of a man, kneeling with both knees just to the right of the dark, still intact entrance to the homestead.

The thing was sitting back on it?s haunches, leaning slightly forward, and the clumped fingers of a great metal hand, looking as intricate as an engine, with gears, pistons, thin red hydraulic cables, already dusted, was being held above the dark entry-way.

?Hello!?

He looked towards the woman?s voice. From the darkness ahead, and coming this way. Into the trap.

?Last Bolt. You are going to have to distract it.?

How?

?I dunno, flash your landing gear or something.?

?Don?t go; I am coming! Please!?

Another moment, and she?d be damsel paté!

?Aw, dammit.? Mitch muttered as he considered her fate, then raised his voice to address the ship, ?Dust off, but stick around to pick us up.?

A muted sonic boom signalled his transition to super speed, manageable only due to the recent feed, as air rushed into the space he had occupied, and then he was inside the homestead access, the both of them sprawling to the floor, blue-uniformed girl sliding on her butt, tan robed twi?lek on his front, as - BOOM! - the dimly lit ante-hall suddenly went dark as the metal fist blocked the entrance, smacking the ground so hard that she bounced into the wall.

Iillor shrieked at its unexpected appearance, just metres from her boots, then cupped a hand over her mouth while the large-shouldered person who had joined her, grabbed her hand in his cold one, and hauled her to her feet as the droid outside tore at the roofing above their heads, causing great lumps of stone and showers of sand and pulverised rock to fall around them, as shafts of dusty sunlight broke through to illuminate ragged spots of ground.

?Come on!?

This time she let herself be led, although the newcomer was taking her back into and deeper into the sprawling habitat.
    He halted when they reached the kitchenette where she had had breakfast that morning, the floor littered with broken crockery and smashed bottles from the pounding that the place had taken.
    Compared to the rest of the place that he had seen, there was a bunker feel to the room, and it was well-lit from a pair of light sconces, so they could easily navigate the cramped space between the waist-high counter under the dislodged store cupboards, and the stools that surrounded the small wooden table. There was a pungent mix of cooking spices in the air.

Mitch looked around the place quickly, decided it was as good a place as any, and held the rich scarlet outfit towards her: ?Wear this dress if you want to live.?

She gaped at him over his silk-swathed forearm. ?Don?t you mean, ?come with me if you want to live???

?Nope. I rehearsed the line on the way over.?

Iillor could see that the material was something she would never be able to afford on a Judicial Forces salary, but made no move to touch it. ?Is there something special about it? Something that will shield me from that thing out there??

The twi?lek, as she now noticed the bulky stranger was, shrugged. ?If you like.? She could see that he was of the type whose skin pigment was a stark, completely colourless white. Fat braintails draped his shoulder, and she sensed a larger-than-life quality to him.

The destruction of the building around them seemed muted now, as if they had retreated far enough not to be in any immediate danger.
    The junior officer stepped back a pace, something crunching loudly underfoot. ?Look, not that I?m not grateful that you have come to save me...? She paused. ?You have come to save me, ri

23. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: I'm involved in some hockey tournaments (watching and playing) starting this week and going through August, so I may miss a day or two of posting here and there. Sorry if it slows things down here... Then on top of that, I'll be out of town for four (4) days in late August. Summer is supposed to be relaxing, but it always seems to be one of the busiest times of the year. :p

[b]IC: probe droid, Dunlop, Miyano, Thornton, TC-5O3
    deserts of Tatooine[/b]

The speeder suddenly dropped out of the ship and hovered just under it. The droid followed.

The camera in the droid caught a glimpse of the being's eyes (essentially making eye-contact), and then the speeder pulled off. The being driving it knew the droid was there now. It's master would not be pleased if the being escaped.

The probe droid began following the speeder.

The droid completely ignored the Consular-class ship taking off, it was now interested in the being piloting the speeder.

- - -

A good distance ahead of the probe droid and speeder, the Human Resistance soldiers Dunlop, Thornton, and Miyano stood patiently with the protocol droid TC-5O3 outside the Ignacio homestead.

Thornton pulled out her binoculars when she saw a small cloud of dust way off in the distance. Through the binoculars, she could see another hovering vehicle rapidly approaching their position. "Looks like we've got another hover-car coming in." She pointed.

Dunlop and Miyano squinted, trying to see the speeder.

[b]TAG: Teek'ra, any others above ground at the homestead...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Fincher
    garden area of the Ignacio homestead[/b]

Fincher watched as the man and his dog ran off into the darkness. He shook his head. "They're gonna get themselves killed..."

- - - - -

Deeper into the underground garden area, while Korr was chasing Wolf, there was a metal "clanking" noise further into the large room. And just ahead of the dog-like creature, two small red lights glowed. The lights were about seven feet off the ground and a few inches apart, almost resembling eyes...

[b]TAG: Korr and Wolf, others in the garden area...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]OOC 2:[/b] Oh, and [b]Sithy[/b], I had big plans for Shasta Moonreaper in future "007 style" games. I don't know if I'll get to play them out now. [face_sad]

24. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz heard the clanking from where he stood, having the second best hearing down there, next to Wolf. he feared for the worst and raised the emp launcher, using the infrared scope to peer into the darkness, sighting the seven-foot being's unusually cold presence, and pulled the trigger, hoping to hit, shouting,

"Korr, get out of there!"

Tag ~ Everyone

25. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Ignacio homestead

As he ran after Wolf, Korr heard a metal ?clanking? noise in front of him and immediately decided he didn?t like the sound of that at all. Inwardly cursing the need for a glowrod, he lifted the carbine, resting the bud against his shoulder.

Not the best way to shoot at something, but what could he do?

Kill Wolf as soon as they got out of this dark place, yeah, that?s what he could do.

Wolf suddenly stopped, hairs raised, body coiled and ready to jump, a deep growl coming from his throat, just as Karz yelled behind him, ?Korr, get out of there!?

The beam from Korr?s glowrod showed why. A tall droid stood in front of them, his eyes glowing red. He might look a bit human, but the hard metallic surface right underneath the thing's skin was a dead giveaway. Korr had no time to study it further, because he heard the EMP go off.

Kriff!

?Wolf, down!? He threw himself at the wardog, bringing them both down with a speed that ended them underneath one of the plant filled tables.

An EMP grenade was no laughing matter, especially with its target so frakking close.

TAG: everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.