main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Machine Wars - (a Star Wars/Terminator crossover)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Miyano, Thornton, 5O3
    Ignacio homestead - above ground

Michelle Thornton said, nodding to the droid, "A bunch of us fired on him. The world we come from, all machines...robot, droids, whatever you wanna call them...are dangerous and considered an enemy." Knowing the woman wouldn't know what she was talking about, she added, "We came here from a planet far, far away."

"A planet that's overrun by machines," Miyano added. "That's why we shot at him." He turned to look at TC-5O3. "Our first instinct when we saw him was to shoot."

"And that Harvester that you took down," Thornton continued, "is supposed to round up humans so they can enslave them."

TAG: Ewlla Iillor, Last Bolt, Kharz' R3...

[b]IC: Paul Dunlop, William Fincher, Korr, Wolf
    Ignacio homestead - first level[/b]

[i]"But the sooner we get these two out of here the better,"[/i] Sofia said.

"That's the plan," Finch responded. "We'll get them up to the upper level, in the living area and away from these gardens, and administer some first aid there."

They marched back up the way they had come, Finch carrying the man, Korr carrying the girl, Sparrow carrying the minigun, Wolf following behind them, and he couldn't tell where Screamer and Kharz were at the moment.

[i]?So, do you have a name??[/i] an unfamiliar voice asked in the next room.

"Dunlop," Finch heard his old friend say. "Paul Dunlop."

Finch entered to see old man Dunlop standing next to a rather large, pale-skinned alien. "Whoa," was Finch's first response. "Another friend, I hope?"

"Yes," Dunlop answered him, happy to see his team leader alive and well. "He's a cop on this planet."

[b]TAG: Nifesta, Sparrow, Screamer, Kharz...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]OOC:[/b] Just a REMINDER: One of the hockey tournaments in which I'm playing is this weekend, so I may not be able to post until Monday, but I'll certainly try. [face_wink]

2. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    sorry... double post

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: I am trying to stay true to Nifesta and the ?Unlucky?s past and future timelines, and at this time, I don?t know if my ship had medical facilities.

IC: Mitch Nifesta, Ewlla Iillor, Ignacio moisture farm.

The cool hallway was opening into a wider area, when the human following Nifesta, responded.
    ?Dunlop. Paul Dunlop.?

Before Mitch had a chance to respond, another paramilitary type, a bit younger than Dunlop, almost walked into them from another area. ?Whoa!? The new guy blurted, pulling up short. ?Another friend, I hope??

?Yes.? Dunlop answered amiably and happily, allowing Agent Nifesta to realise that the two knew each other. ?He?s a cop on this planet.?

The twi?lek was pleased to see that the new human was not being as standoffish as Paul and his two mates on the surface had been, and put that down to having Paul accompanying him. He was also pleased that the new name was passing muster.

He put out a meaty white hand in greeting, ?God of Cops, at your service.? He could hear more beings coming along, but they were not in sight yet. ?How can I help??

The woman opposite Ewlla nodded to the protocol droid. ?[color=deeppink][i]A bunch of us fired on him. The world we come from, all machines...robot, droids, whatever you wanna call them...are dangerous and considered an enemy.[/i][/color]?

The young Corellian raised eyebrows at this. Considering how integrated droids were in Republic society, this was a fantastic story.

?[color=deeppink][i]We came here from a planet far, far away.[/i][/color]?

?[color=chocolate][i]A planet that?s overrun by machines,[/i][/color]? The male added. ?[color=chocolate][i]That?s why we shot at him.[/i][/color]? He turned to look at the TC-503. ?[color=chocolate][i]Our first instinct when we saw him was to shoot.[/i][/color]?

Iillor could see that both held with what they were saying, though she had trouble believing that droids could band together enough to overwhelm a planet.

Sounded like the Judicial Forces ought to be advised about this.

?[color=deeppink][i]And that Harvester that you took down,[/i][/color]? The woman continued, ?[color=deeppink][i]is supposed to round up humans so that they can enslave them.[/i][/color]?

?[color=royalblue]Well our one wasn?t reading from the same script, Ma?am.[/color]? Ewlla told them. ?[color=royalblue]It exterminated the people I was staying with; my friend Tilly. If the twi?lek hadn?t arrived, I?d be a smear on the front porch.[/color]? She crooked her finger at them both. ?[color=royalblue]Come on, Uncle...[/color]? She paused, grimacing at her slip, ?[color=royalblue]Oh, what the hell; mynock saved my life three times. [i]Uncle[/i] Mitch wanted you to see the speeder-bike we captured.[/color]?

She turned and started walking back to the [i]Darth Unlucky[/i], glancing back after a couple of paces to see if they were following. ?[color=royalblue]So, you people got names? I?m Ewlla Iillor. I?m with Judicial Forces.[/color]?
    [i][color=royalblue]Or at least, I will be, after my holidays.[/color][/i] She thought. ?[color=royalblue]They are the very people who need to know, if these droids of yours are planet-hopping.[/color]?

[b]Tag: Dunlop, Fincher, Screamer, Kharz, Michelle, Miyano, Sparrow[/b]

4. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher, Dunlop, Korr, Wolf
    in the Ignacio homestead

The big white creature put out a hand. ?God of Cops, at your service. How can I help??

Fincher would have shaken his hand, but he had this weakened man in his arms. Was this creature's name really God of Cops? He doubted it. "The name's Fincher," he responded. "And we need to nurse these people back to health." He stepped aside to show the girl in Korr's arms.

Korr saw the giant twi'lek. "Oh, good. If you're a cop, you must have some kind of medical supplies, right?"

Finch added, "These people may be able to give us some information on the Termina-- the droids we've been following."

TAG: Nifesta, Sparrow, Screamer, Kharz...

[b]IC: Miyano, Thornton, 5O3
    above ground - Ignacio homestead[/b]

[i]"Uncle Mitch wanted you to see the speeder-bike we captured."[/i]

The two Earth humans began following her. "You actually managed to capture one of the bikes?" Michelle Thornton asked.

"I've only known John Conner to do that," Miyano commented to Michelle.

Then the woman introduced herself as Ewlla Iillor.

"I'm Michelle Thornton. This is Eddie Miyano. And back on our planet, we were part of the Human Resistance, an underground army of humans that fought against these Machines."

[b]TAG: Ewlla Iillor, Last Bolt, R3...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]OOC:[/b] Sorry for the rather short post. It's been a long weekend. But at least we took first place in the tournament! Yay! [face_tongue]

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Ewlla Iillor, the Last Bolt artificial intelligence, Mitch Nifesta, Ignacio moisture farm.

The paramilitaries sounded quite impressed that they had captured one of the ?bikes?, and readily gave their names. There was also an almost reverential reference to a ?John Connor?.

?Human Resistance, huh? Sounds interesting.? Iillor commented as she led them under the Darth Unlucky? barrel-like salon pod, and up the shallow boarding ramp.

?Sorry about the mess.? She apologised as she stopped at the top, referring to the bullet-pitted interior, and hundreds of shell-casings carpeting the deck on either side of the silent Moto-Terminator.

You shoulda seen the other guy! The Last Bolt?s cheery synthesised male voice greeted the two visitors from a hidden speaker above them.

?Here you go.? Ewlla said briskly, indicating the the downed black motorcycle. It still lay on it?s right side, directly in front of the ramp, wheels to Iillor?s left, and rear brake light facing her. Six melted craters scarred it?s left fuselage, exposing wiring and servos. Looking back at Michelle and Eddie, Ewlla pointed her index finger up to make the introductions. ?That is the Last Bolt.?

That?s me, resident guard vornsk of the St Vitus Dance! I?ve always wanted to say that, I have. It burbled.

?Why??

You seriously trying to tell me you have never caught Meerian Vice? Past your bedtime, was it?

Rather than get into a age-related argument with a computer of all things, she settled for showing an discomfited smile to the Resistance people, shuffling aside and putting her back to the door-frame to allow them entry into the trashed foyer.
    ?I should run a broom through here.? She commented, just for something to say. ?Or better yet, an industrial strength magnet.?

?[color=blue][i]Name?s Fincher.[/i][/color]? Said Fincher, inside the homestead. He refused to return Mitch?s handshake, and it was a moment before the twi?lek realised why! In the darkness, and not helped by the welding goggles he still wore, he?d just thought Dunlop?s mate was deformed, or an anthropod! That was until he moved, and a stray shaft of light hit him.

Two people!

?[color=blue][i]And we need to nurse these people back to health.[/i][/color]? Fincher added. Fincher with just the two arms, and two legs.

?[color=chocolate][i]Oh, good.[/i][/color]? A being with [i]really[/i] developed canines, and wearing a long nerf-hide coat, holding a youngling in his arms announced; appeared behind Fincher. ?[color=chocolate][i]If you're a cop, you must have some kind of medical supplies, right? [/i][/color]?

?[b]If you know of a nearby medical facility, I can run them over there in the ?[i]Unlucky[/i]. That?s my ship. We have supplies onboard, but no dedicated med-bay. And if they have actual physical injuries,[/b]? The twi?lek looked with concern from the girl, to the thin man being carried by Fincher. ?[b]I can heal that, no problem.[/b]?

?[color=blue][i]These people may be able to give us some information on the Termina-- the [b]droids[/b] we've been following.[/i][/color]?

Mitch nodded. ?[b]Okay, we?ll get them aboard the [i]Unlucky[/i]. But once they are comfortable, I want to know what is going on here. You seem to know a lot more about this than some random bounty hunter.[/b]?

[b]Tag: all[/b]

[b]OOC: [/b] Definition of regret: looking at the above post, and realising you cannot fit in a quip about the ?ship?s bike?.

[face_plain]

6. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Miyano, Thornton
    inside the Darth Unlucky

Leaving TC-5O3 out in the hot Tatooine air, Eddie Miyano and Michelle Thornton followed Ewlla up into her ship.

They both looked upward when they heard the voice of something Ewlla called "the Last Bolt".

Miyano knelt down and took a closer look at the bike. He ran his fingers over the damaged part of the bike. "Damn," he commented. "This ship took down a Harvester and stole one of it's bikes." He looked up at Michelle. "This ship'll come in handy. Who knows what we'll run into later on."

Ewlla then made a comment about the messy foyer. Michelle said, "Hey, don't worry about it. We're used to living in underground tunnels with what's left of the human population."

TAG: Ewlla, Last Bolt...

[b]IC: Finch
    Ignacio homestead[/b]

[i]"You seem to know a lot more about this than some random bounty hunter."[/i]

"You have no idea," Finch responded. "I've been fighting these killer robots all my life. He glanced at the girl in Korr's arms, who still appeared to be breathing. "Let's get these people to your ship."

[b]TAG: Nifesta, Sparrow, Screamer, Kharz...[/b]

7. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Sofia "Sparrow" Mason
    Ignacio Homestead

Sofia put the minigun down.

"Here, let me take her."

She carefully took the small girl out of Korr's arms.

"Thanks."

She went over to where Finch stood with the outer-space cops. The girl shifted slightly and Sofia could hear her breathing.

"I'm not seeing anything fatal, but I can't be sure until I take a closer look. But then again I'm not exactly a fully trained medic."

TAG: any

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Ewlla Iillor, the Last Bolt, Mitch Nifesta, the Darth Unlucky, Ignacio moisture farm.

Iillor accepted the comment that the mess did not bother them, and the bit about living underground with the human survivors.

"Did the robots knock out all your offworld communication too?" She wondered aloud. "The Galactic Senate would not have sat still for that, had they known."

She did not correct their assumption that the amazing ship had captured this 'bike'. Far as she was concerned, the twi'lek could blow his own wind instrument.

Mitch considered Force-pulling the discarded minigun off the floor, as the young woman took the youngling into her arms, but left it there as Fincher responded.

"[color=darkblue]You have no idea. I have been fighting these killer robots my entire life.[/color]"

"[b][i]Your whole entire life?[/i][/b]" Nifesta countered incredulously. Saying nothing further, but thinking that Fincher needed a better arms dealer, he turned and led the way back out, emerging into the sunlight, and heading back for the ship.
    There was no sign of Iillor or the two humans he had left her with.

Worried for the briefest second, his fat white braintails tensed, an indication of emotion that would only be recognised by another twi'lek. Then he sensed her signature inside the ship, in the lowermost area.

Relieved, Mitch headed over to join her, Michellle and Eddie.

[b]Tag: all[/b]

9. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry, only logged-in for a minute. Just wanted to say my other hockey tournament is this weekend, so if I don't post for a few days, that's why.

10. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Hi all, enjoyed reading what has happened so far! Thanks for taking Korr and Wolf along on the ride, Dubya. And Mefista has arrived at the homestead :D

IC: Korr
    ~Ignacio homestead~

It had been harder than it should have been to hand over the little girl, so frail in his arms, so close to death, way too close to death, but still clinging to life. He wanted to protect her, keep her alive the way he hadn't been able to do for his own?.

He wasn?t going there, not now. This wasn?t the time. The protocol droid had talked about these strange, slave-taking droids as ?they?, so where were the others? And then there was this strange, disturbing Twi?lek he didn?t trust as far as he could see anything of him underneath his concealing tan cloak.

?God of cops? indeed. Kriffin? idiot. But he had had a little girl in his arms who needed help, so instead of giving the Twi?lek a piece of his mind on his delusions of grandeur, he had called him out on it in the off-chance the man could actually do something for her. Something that now seemed to pan out; the Twi?lek had said he could.

That didn?t mean Korr trusted him. Although the look of concern on the Twi?lek?s face when he saw the unconscious humans went a way to give him the benefit of the doubt, Korr still wanted to keep an eye on him and be ready for anything. It was why he had relinquished the girl to the human Sofia after all, wanting to be able to fight if necessary. He had also whispered a command to keep an eye on the new stranger to Wolf. And he had taken the strange gun the droid had been carrying before following the others. Extra weapons never hurt.

He wanted that little girl to live. And have her father be there for her as well.

Besides, the ship of the Twi?lek turned out to be a Consular class cruiser, so he might be an official after all.

Korr would find out eventually. Beenine was a marvelous hacker and there hadn?t been a ship?s system yet he couldn?t get into. He touched the small button on his wrist comm that summoned the astromech robot to him.

TAG: everyone at the homestead

11. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Homestead

Sofia took a second glance at Korr, he seemed slightly off. She shrugged it off. Most people were a little off after a first encounter with a Terminator.

"Look," she spoke up, "I don't particularly care right now who these guys are, can we please just get these people fixed up?"

TAG: any at homestead

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Oh, thank the Force; someone posted! * Relief*

IC: Ewlla Iillor, Mitch Nifesta

Ewlla looked over the heads of the two Human Resistance members as they looked over the bike, and contemplated the scarred turbolift, thinking to excuse herself for a moment and pop up to the kitchen area to investigate that fridge.

If she could get in and out before the twi?lek returned, he would be none the wiser.
    The young female stole a look over her shoulder back towards the domed homestead, and her heart sank.

Said twi?lek was approaching fast, at the head of a procession of people.

The older paramilitary ? she now assumed everyone dressed like Michelle and Eddie were probably Human Resistance ? and a female she had not seen before, were carrying two people who did not look at all well.

She trotted down the ramp to meet them. ?What is going on?? She enquired softly.

Mitch didn?t stop, forcing her to turn and re-trace her steps back up the ramp.

?You did not run off!? He noted as he looked over Michelle?s head at the nearly impassable bullet and bike-strewn floor, his tone one of surprise. ?Good girl.?

?Thanks. You would only have chased me down, anyway.? She did not tell him that she had only wanted to check the kitchen.

?Only to hand you a hat, some water, and a reminder to be back at the ship by before nightfall.? He looked past her at the two Human Resistance members squatting by the downed Moto-Terminator. ?They?ll like this,? he confided to her in a whisper. ?Not a lot.?

With a wave of his free hand, he had the bike standing suddenly back up in front of the Resistance pair to lean over and crashed on its left side out of the way, and in the next moment, the sea of shell casings swept noisily into the wall at the left, leaving the way clear for the two casualty bearers.

"Look," He heard the trooper carrying the child griping, "I don't particularly care right now who these guys are, can we please just get these people fixed up?"

?Wounded, coming through!? He advised Michelle and Eddie, then looked back down the ramp at the speaker. ?Come along if you are coming! Last Bolt, if you will do the honours.?

Inside the bullet-ridden foyer, the pitted door to the turbolift slid open.

Tag: Seremela, Twinky-Stryder, Dubya, others

13. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry again for the absence. Sleep, work, hockey, beers with the team... Three days of that, and I'm very tired. :p But at least it was fun. Thanks for keeping the game going while I was gone. And welcome back, Seremela.

IC: Fincher, Dunlop, Miyano, Thornton, TC-5O3
    The Darth Unlucky - Ignacio moisture farm - Tatooine

The droid watched them all walk up into the cruiser. "Oh, dear. I hope they're alright," he spoke aloud to himself, as he noticed the Ignacio father and daughter in their arms. But where was the mother? TC-5O3 wondered back over to the homestead.

- - -

In the Consular cruiser, Michelle Thornton and Eddie Miyano turned when the Twi'lek entered.

All of a sudden, the bike flipped over on it's own and the bullets began floating. Miyano swore again. Both he and Michelle jumped when the bike moved, drew their weapons. Aiming at the again lifeless bike, the two of them didn't even notice Fincher and Dunlop enter behind them.

"I'm glad you guys are safe," Fincher commented upon seeing his teammates.

"What the hell is going on?" Dunlop questioned, peeking over Fincher's shoulder at the bike. "That looks like one of the bikes that pops out of the Harvester."

"Ahh, crap..." Finch mumbled at the sight of the bike as he followed the God of Cops. "It's worse than we originally thought."

TAG: Seremela, Twinky, Sithy...

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Ensign Ewlla Iillor, Mitch Nifesta, Darth Unlucky foyer.

The young Corellian felt a surge of disgust as the twi'lek beside her, howled with delight at the startled Eddie and Michelle. She regarded the back of his head balefully as he bent over, and put his hands on where she assumed his knees were, his guffaws starting to wind down.

"You are sick!" She hissed at him.

"I know," The agent admitted between short breaths, "I can barely breathe."

"That is not what I meant!" She struggled not to smile.

"I'm glad you guys are safe." The new male paramilitary said as he ascended the ramp, followed by the older one who had accompanied Uncle Mitch.

"What the hell is going on? That looks like one of the bikes that pops out of the Harvester."

"Ahh, crap... It's worse than we originally thought."

At that, Mitch straightened, and ran his hand over his face to compose himself. "It's okay," he announced softly to the galaxy at large, "I'm back." He was still grinning madly at her.

"'God of Cops', my choob'. What about them?" She gestured with her gun at the father and daughter.

"Yes, you are right." Mitch ran his hand over his face again, thinking fast. "Take them and their bearers up to Deck Three. The Last Bolt can direct you to a spare cabin. I'll follow with the rest and take them to the conference salon pod on Deck Two. And don't point your weapon at other sentients, there's a good girl."

"Ooh, sorry." Bringing the E-5 back so fast that it banged into her silk-clad hip, Ewlla stepped past the Resistance foursome to enter the lift, turning back to face the others. She deftly indicated Fincher and Sophia. "You. And you. With me." She clipped, unconsciously demonstrating to Nifesta, that he was looking at a future leader. He nodded encouragingly at her, which she made a point of turning away from.

Tag: All

15. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Darth Unlucky ship

Sofia followed the young woman into the lift, shifting the girl in her arms to make her more comfortable. She'd been looking around at the ship's technology. It was nothing like she'd ever seen before. If the Terminators got a hold of this kind of tech, or tech even more advanced, the results would be devastating.

"Espero que no suceda" she muttered to herself. Look at the back of the young woman's head she decided it would be best if they knew something about these other world people.

"My name's Sofia, but call me Sparrow. What's your name?"

TAG: Finch, Ewlla

16. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher

He stepped into the lift, still carrying the man, and stood next to the other two women.

"My name's Sofia, but call me Sparrow. What's your name?" he heard his teammate say to the other woman.

"And I'm Fincher," he added.

TAG: Sithy, Twinky...

[b]IC: Miyano, Dunlop, Thornton[/b]

Dunlop began to follow the large twi'lek deeper into the ship, but Miyano and Thornton were hanging back a little, still watching the bike. It had moved on it's own. That meant it wasn't dead...it could still "come to life" and continue attacking again.

Miyano slid gun gun back into it's holster on his belt and, taking one last look at the bike over his shoulder, commented, "This is some strange world..."

"Why did all that debris all of a sudden start floating?" the woman, Thornton, asked. "What kinda tricks are you trying to pull?"

[b]TAG: Sithy, Seremela...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: TC-5O3[/b]

The droid hurried into the homestead. Everything had appeared to be in order. There was nothing out of the ordinary here. He wandered deeper into the homestead.

[b]TAG: No one...[/b]

17. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    ~Just outside the Ignacio homestead~

?Keep guard,? Korr commanded Wolf softly, before following the others on the ramp and into the ship. Beenine rolled up behind him as unobtrusively as the droid was capable of with the inevitable sounds that came from its inner systems and its feet clanging occasionally against the metal of the ramp. Korr ignored it. He had already told Beenine what he was supposed to do.

They entered the ship at quite a show. Korr immediately gave Beenine a nudge with his foot, since the strange bike moving out of the way and the sea of shell casings sweeping noisily into the wall at the left was a nice distraction.

?Wounded, coming through!? the Twi?lek was telling the humans already inside with the same aplomb he had shown from the start and which was beginning to set Korr?s teeth on edge. He couldn?t help but bare them a moment, before leaning casually against the ramp?s post.

?Come along if you are coming! Last Bolt, if you will do the honours.?

Last Bolt. Good. Now Beenine had a name for the ship, which might help. Or not. Slicing computers wasn?t exactly one of Korr?s talents, to put it mildly.

He shook his head when he saw the Twi?lek convulse in mirth at the frightened reaction of the humans. The man didn?t know how lucky he was they didn?t start shooting at everything metalic right away. Kriff, he was worse than that other Jedi in the bar. And then there was the girl beside him? dressed in some kind of party gown that didn?t leave much to the imagination, in a striking red that would make her a target for miles around. With, of all things, boots beneath them.

At least she didn?t seem all that taken with the Twi?lek?s antics either, and it looked like she knew how to hold that gun of hers.

"'God of Cops', my choob'. What about them?" she asked the Twi?lek, gesturing with that same gun at Finch and Sofia carrying the two unconscious humans they had found.

"Yes, you are right," the Twi?lek said. "Take them and their bearers up to Deck Three. The Last Bolt can direct you to a spare cabin. I'll follow with the rest and take them to the conference salon pod on Deck Two. And don't point your weapon at other sentients, there's a good girl."

"Ooh, sorry," the girl said, before leading Finch and Sopfia into a turbolift. And was that a military salute?

Korr waited until the turbolift?s door closed and the two wounded were safely on their way, before turning to the Twi?lek.

?So, why didn?t you tell us from the start you?re a Jedi?? he asked, not bothering to be discreet. After all, the Jedi had just given himself away rather spectacular, right? The two humans were still muttering about it, althoug, as usual, they didn't seem to understand what had just happened. ?Why all the cheap jokes instead? Oh, and I met a colleague of yours already, some Kifar with all the face tattoos. Where is he, by the way? He seemed mighty upset when he heard the stories about rogue droids. In fact, I would have expected him around by now.?

Behind him Beenine discreetly put one of his many appendages in a panel he had found not far from the ramp opening.

TAG: all

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Ewlla Iillor, Mitch Nifesta, the Last Bolt, aboard the Darth Unlucky

Ewlla made room as the woman and man carrying the injured, crowded in after her.

"My name's Sofia, but call me Sparrow. What's your name?" The woman said, standing behind her.

Ewlla smiled back at her. "I'm Ewlla. Pleased to meet you, Sparrow." She pronounced her first name, "Oola." Not being from the same planet, the term "sparrow" held no significance for the Corellian female.

"And I'm Fincher."

"Sir." Ewlla acknowledged formally, then blinked up at him, surprised at her own response, but the man's demeanor seemed to echo that of many of the Academy instructors. Veteran military. Strong, silent, even the same haircut.
    As the turbolift door slid shut, and the 'lift ascended smoothly, she found herself needing to clarify her military credentials to him. "Uh, I'm an ensign with the Judicial Forces. Sir."

She led the way out when the door retracted, and a wide hallway stretching before her, sterile white ceiling, walls and shiny floor. You could drive a landspeeder down it. The first of two doors on the left, hissed open, and she made a beeline for it, leading the Resistance fighters into a well-appointed cabin, a double bed catching her attention immediately, white sheet folded neatly back over a thick azure blanket.
    "Hospital corners?" She noted. "Never expected the old twi'lek to have managed that."

"Oh, he's been classically trained." The Last Bolt quipped overhead. "Ooh, 'ello. Intruder alert."

"Intruder? Where?" As she found herself looking up at the ceiling to where she thought the voice was coming from, she waved the others to place the man and girl on the bunk.

"Vehicle bay. Oh don't you worry, I'll fix his little red wagon."

She had no idea what the A.I. was nattering about.

Mitch, meanwhile, was waiting for the turbolift to return, while ignoring the comments of the two he had frightened. No reason he should give that up red-hot jape just yet.

Abruptly, he found the sentient with the canines, up in his face. "?So, why didn?t you tell us from the start you?re a Jedi?? he asked, not quietly either.

Nifesta gave him the standard line. "I'm not. I just have some in me."

"Why all the cheap jokes instead? Oh, and I met a colleague of yours already, some Kifar with all the face tattoos. Where is he, by the way? He seemed mighty upset when he heard the stories about rogue droids. In fact, I would have expected him around by now."

Mitch shrugged. "He got called away. I'm the second team."

There was noisy flash of light from a dark corner, and the agent looked around to see an astrodroid nestled up against the wall, barely visible in the electrical glare.

"Can I help you?" He asked of it.

Tag: All

19. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    ~Aboard the Darth Unlucky, outside the Ignacio homestead~

I just have some in me, what was that supposed to mean? And Korr didn?t believe for one minute that the other Jedi had been called away. It had only been that same evening he?d seen him fly off into the desert all fired up and with his mind on one goal only, having to do with his comm conversation.

On the other hand, Jedi? who really knew what was going on with them and their mythical powers?

Still, no matter that the Jedi were supposed to be the protectors of the galaxy, right now he was glad he hadn?t called off Beenine when he saw the Twi?lek's Jedi powers. He wanted to know more about him before he decided if he could trust him.

There was a noisy flash of light from a dark corner. When Korr looked that way, he saw Beenine nestled up against the wall, barely visible in some kind of electrical glare. With a screech he hadn?t heard often from his droid Beenine retracted something from the wall. The electrical charges played on a little longer, became less fierce and died down. Beenine toppled over with a bang.

"Can I help you?" the Twi?lek asked politely. The words weren?t addressed to him, but to his droid.

Who, while still laying prone, seemed suddenly to have a lot to say. Korr was fairly sure some of the beeps and other, less flattering, sounds were about him, and not in a friendly manner. He sighed.

?Hey, I can?t help it if you get caught,? he said as he walked over and knelt beside the droid. ?You need any help??

More and more lights flashed on in Beenine?s round dome and the beeps seemed to say that the droid would be fine in a little while, when his circuits had had time to? whatever. As far as Korr could make out, he also stated that it wasn?t his fault he was caught. Something about an unknown computer type?

He really should try and learn to understand Binary better.

?Right.? He stood and looked at the Twi?lek, although his words were directed at the droid. ?I guess taking an unobtrusive peek in that computer seems out for the moment anyway, so take your time to get back on your feet.?

He shrugged at the Twi?lek without apology. ?I'm grateful for your help to those two humans, but your evasiveness outside didn't really inspire trust. I rather know who or what I'm dealing with. The name?s Korr and there?s no way I?m gonna call you ?God of cops?.?

TAG: all

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, foyer, the Darth Unlucky.

The agent watched as the nerfskin-coated humanoid expressed concern for the downed astromech, and went over to kneel beside it, while it bleeped and whistled in digital annoyance.

"Right." He said to the droid, rising from his squat, "I guess taking an unobtrusive peek in that computer seems out for the moment anyway, so take your time to get back on your feet."

The being returned, shrugging at Mitch. "I'm grateful for your help to those two humans, but your evasiveness outside didn't really inspire trust. I rather know who or what I'm dealing with."

"My evasiveness!" The twi'lek countered incredulously. "I don't even know what is going on around here! I only came down to get something to eat! Instead, I get mad over-sized robots trying to kill people; " he jabbed a finger at the ceiling, "her to look after; and I don't even know your name."

"The name?s Korr and there?s no way I?m gonna call you ?God of cops?"

Mitch poked a finger into Korr's chest, "I'm..." He stopped. A sympathetic observer would have considered this sad, but the twi'lek's whole sense of identity and self, was wrapped up with his being an SGIS Special Agent. If he could not be that, he..., who was he?
    The kid upstairs; she was a victim of his trying to rectify his problem. And of his appetite.

The E.P.E. subsided before the Firrerreo, all bluster gone. "I am whoever you want me to be. How's Keith? 'Keith' any good for you?"

Tag: Korr, all

21. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008

"I am whoever you want me to be. How's Keith? 'Keith' any good for you?" the Twi?lek said.

It didn?t reassure Korr much. He could understand not wanting to give away your identity, a lot of people he dealt with felt the same way. It was just that when it came to a Jedi it worried him. Because when a Jedi went bad, he went bad with all of his powers still intact. And the stories about that were a bit too spectacular for his taste.

What puzzled him at the moment though, wasn't the Keith nonsense, but that the white Twi?lek seemed to have wilted before his statement. First he was raging about getting a meal and not knowing what was going on, and stabbing him in the chest ? and then, suddenly, it was all gone. The anger, the self righteousness, all of it. Just his almost tired-sounding proposal.

Korr wasn?t going to think about it. He just wanted to know if this being was on their side or not.

Taking a step back he said, as soothingly as he was capable off, ?Ehm? why don?t we all call you whatever Miss Red Dress is calling you? Might get a bit confusing otherwise. If she knows you by your real name, maybe she?s got a nickname for you we could all use? A normal nickname??

And then he suddenly remembered something else the Twi?lek had said. ?What you mean, you don?t know what?s going on?? he snapped. He put his hand on the butt of his blaster. ?So, that story about being a replacement is bogy after all, eh??

Great, as if those mad droids weren't enough of a problem.

A bark sounded from outside the moment he had raised his voice and a second later Wolf barged in, teeth bared. To the side, Beenine finally managed to clamber to his feet, beeping softly.

TAG: Sith-I-5, everyone else around

22. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Finch

Ewlla showed them to a hospital bed where Fincher softly set the weakened man down.

A voice from overhead said something about an intruder.

"Intruder?" Fincher repeated, turning toward the door in which they had come. He instinctively reached for his weapon. Whenever he heard the word `intruder`, it meant a Terminator had infiltrated their base...and that was never good.

Then the voice again spoke. "Oh don't you worry, I'll fix his little red wagon."

Finch hesitated and looked at Ewlla, who, he noticed, had called him `sir` earlier. "You'll have to forgive me but, when you come from the world we lived in, you're always a little on edge."

[b]IC: Dunlop, Miyano, Thornton[/b]

After having their questions ignored, the three on them just stood and watched the happenings in the room.

This God of Cops [i]did[/i] seem a bit...mysterious. Korr had every right to be asking questions. The Earth humans just hoped that the twi'lek was against the machines and not working with them. And the Harvester moto-bike back in the other room was in fact a pretty good indication that he was against them. But there were still a lot of things about this new world that were still unanswered. They would have to learn a lot about it if they hoped to stop the Terminators.

All three of them jumped when the dog-beast came barging in.

[hr]
    [b]IC: TC-503[/b]

The protocol droid gasped when he saw the woman's dead body on the floor of the garden areas. He obviously wasn't taking in any air, but his robotic voice made a sound similar to a gasp.

"Oh! Miss Ignacio! Oh dear me!"

In the dim light, up ahead he could see the silhouette of the deactivated Terminator. "Ahhh!" 5O3 screamed and hurried back up to the homestead.

[b]TAG: no one, unless Kharz is still around...[/b]

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Last Bolt, Mitch Nifesta, Ewlla Iillor

Although the artificial intelligence known as the Last Bolt was not organic, it felt no less out of place by being in the wrong era, without the support of the Secret Galactic Intelligence Service.

It was here with the only being that understood it, and it was watching that person mentally disintegrate before it.

The twi?lek was a top-line agent, sent into the worst of situation with a song in his heart.

It had heard through Nifesta?s wrist-communicator, one of the humans say that he had been fighting this threat his entire life. If he wanted to see this guano, whatever it was, sorted indays, they needed the twi?lek on top of his game.

The AI had also overheard the humanoid with it?s hand on it?s blaster, talk about the consumed Kiffar jedi, and it was clear that Agent Nifesta had adopted the jedi?s mission, including taking care of Ensign Iillor.

It quickly accessed a database of agents that had worked with Nifesta, scrolling through the names of those that had died in the line of duty, then just as quickly, stopped.
    There was no point. If Mitch went from God of Cops, to Keith, to a third name; why should anyone believe him? Best to stick with the first name, no matter how contrived.

It?s voice boomed over the lowest deck: The ?God of Cops? is undercover. You do not like it, your problem. You do not trust us, your problem. You want this situation handled, and soon, stop dicking us around, and tell him what he needs to know.

?What he said.? A relieved Mitch leaned back against the wall, and crossed his arms in a silent gesture of defiance, pointedly ignoring the animal while glaring across at Korr. ?I am no jedi. In spite of their propoganda, they are not the only Force-users that this galaxy has to offer, Mister Korr. I am an E.P.E., an Extraordinary Powered Entity.?.

The turbolift arrived, door sliding open behind the watching humans, but he ignored that too, eyes only on Korr's.
    His mental equilibrium quickly restored, he was reasonably certain he could have his lightsabre out in enough time to block the first blaster bolt, halve the dog, and disarm (literally, dis-arm) Korr, if need be. A Force Push could disorient the humans, if they decided to open fire in support of the alien.

Tag: Korr, Dunlop, Michelle, Eddie.

The Fincher character seemed more perturbed by the announcement. ?[color=blue][I]Intruder?[/I][/color]? After clutching his weapon tighter, he turned her way, ?[color=blue][I]You?ll have to forgive me but, when you come from the world we lived in, you're always a little on edge.[/I][/color]?

Ewlla return a sympathetic smile. ?[color=royalblue]I understand. I have seen one of your harvesters, remember. I?m sure the ship will tell us if we are in any danger.[/color]?

[b][color=blue]Damn straight![/color][/b]

[b]Tag: Fincher, Sparrow[/b]

24. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008

After the ?non-Jedi? or the ?Extraordinary Powered Entity? (whatever that might be), leaned back against the wall and crossed his arms, Korr closed his eyes for a sec as he pinched the bridge of his nose. His other hand stayed on the but of his laser though, he didn?t think the Twi?lek?s pose was as relaxed as it seemed.

Droids who wanted to enslave sentients. Humans who didn?t know the first thing about? well, everything. And now a ship giving him lip and defending someone he had serious doubts about. It was enough to drive anyone crazy. It was also serious enough trouble to know they needed all the help they could get.

Frankly, he had no idea how good these humans would be in trying to get to the bottom of what was going on. He didn?t doubt for a minute that they could fight, but their utter lack of understanding the most daily things wasn?t going to be a big help. And the only other one here who did, the Squib, seemed mostly interested in finding out how these droids ticked.

If only he could truly believe that this man was some kind of agent.

On top of all that Beenine had started making some urgent beeping sounds about ?not fighting?. It made him wonder if the droid, who had proven more than once to be very resourceful, had maybe found something despite the violent way he had been thrown out of the ship?s systems. And if that was the case, he?d better hear it before doing something rash. Especially against someone who used that blasted Force, which was supposed to be the source of the Jedi?s strange and ominous powers.

?Fine,? he said, decision made. He let go of the bridge of his nose and put his hand on Wolf's head to calm the animal down. He looked at the Twi?lek with narrowed eyes. ?If that?s how you want it, Goc it is. But when it comes to what?s going on, you?ll have to talk to them.? He nodded towards the two humans still standing beside the strange looking molested bike.

TAG: Sith-I-5, Dubya, any else still around

OOC: I guess the Last Bolt just helped Nifesta getting a nickname of sorts, Sithy [face_laugh]

25. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: William Fincher

Ewlla said, "... I?m sure the ship will tell us if we are in any danger."

"Damn straight!" the ship responded with it's booming voice.

Fincher instinctively looked upward, expecting to see a speaker or megaphone or something. He managed a smile. "Wow. This is totally different than the world we come from. We're used to machines that are programmed for death and assassination. And you've got machines that are actually friendly and have their own human-like personalities."

Finch moved from the hospital bed and patted his hand on the wall. "If only I could bring you back to my world," he said to the Last Bolt, "we could win the war against the Terminators."

[b]IC: Paul Dunlop, Eddie Miyano, Michelle Thornton[/b]

[i]"... But when it comes to what?s going on, you?ll have to talk to them."[/i] Korr said to the twi'lek, now known by many different nicknames. And he gave a nod toward the three Earth humans.

"Okay," Michelle started, feeling like she was being put on the spot. "We come from a different world, or dimension, or universe, or whatever... A world that's been taken over by machines called Terminators. All machines are assigned to either kill or enslave the human population." She patted the astromech on the top of it's dome. "Not you, of course."

"But that's all that's on our planet," Eddie continued. "Just humans and machines."

"Well," Michelle spoke again, "the only [i]intelligent[/i] things. And the Terminators discovered a way to time-travel. They even sent a Terminator back in time to kill our leader when he was just a boy. Luckily, that machines mission had gone awry. But anyway, we came across one of their time displacement devices earlier today. Fearing that they were up to something again, our team," she motioned toward Miyano and Dunlop, "followed them through and wound up here."

"And we're hoping to stop them from spreading their war on this world, too," Dunlop added. "That's why our whole team came through."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.