main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Machine Wars - (a Star Wars/Terminator crossover)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: I knew I'd seen that before, but I couldn't remember where. I don't even think I saw the movie. They showed that elevator part in the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xxPF9I_P4 :p

[b]IC: Dunlop, Thornton, Miyano
    Deck One - [i]Darth Unlucky[/i] - Tatooine[/b]

The three of them stepped out into the room. "Wow," Miyano commented while looking at the shiny floor. "Fancy."

"Yeah," Thornton added. "Judging by the desert and the dirty homestead outside, I never thought the inside of the spaceship would look like this. It's so..."

"Pristine," Dunlop continued for her. He glanced at the other two. "You guys were born after the Machines nuked the planet. Before that happened, there were some places on Earth that looked like this, believe it or not." The older man walked around the room. "This kinda reminds me of the inside of some fancy hotel." He glanced down the corridor. "Minus the blast doors, of course."

"You miss those time, don't you," Thornton observed.

Dunlop nodded. "Yes. Although there was war and other stuff going on back then, it was a hell of a lot better than what the world is today. The only machines we had to worry about was the car breaking down or the computer crashing." He hesitated. "No assassin robots trying to kill or enslave us."

[b]TAG: no one in particular...unless the Last Bolt has anything to say...[/b]

2. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Korr
    ~Aboard the Darth Unlucky~

?I got two Sorosuub Equaliser shoulder-launched ion cannons up in the armoury,? the Twi?lek said.

Korr felt a smile coming up. He was seriously going to like this guy if he wasn?t careful.

?That?s some heavy ****,? he approved. ?Might just do the trick.?

?They?ll drop a ?speeder, but..., but they've only four-shots each. We don?t miss, that still only gives us eight shots, and I have a bad feeling that there are going to be a lot more of those things.?

?Yeah.? That sobered Korr right up again. ?Might be. You know, I think we need some Jedi on this, the real deal, with lightsabers. They can hack almost anything to pieces with those things. Can?t you contact your friend and ask him to warn his buddies about what?s going on??

Just then the ship interfered.

I have something on long-range scan. Something strange. And it is not a sandcrawler.?

?Let me guess; another sandcrawler,? the Twi'lek said.

Korr grimaced. He was as fond of lame jokes as he was of singing.

Strong power source emanating from the centre of the Mos Eisley population centre, but deep underground, the ship told them.

The Twi?lek turned to him. ?I?m not from around here; does Mos Eisley having an underground power source seem likely to you? I mean, we now know at least the wormbots can travel underground.?

?Nah, they have the usual power sources, only a lot cheaper and more prone to failure than on most worlds,? Korr told him. ?So that might be it? The base of these things? And close to Mos Eisley means we can get my ship as well for the bombing. Let?s just hope they haven?t attacked the town yet.?

Although those slaver droids might be in for a bit of a surprise if they tried that; moister farmers was one thing, the population of Mos Eisley, with it?s many pirates, cutthroats and smugglers, was something completely different.

Just then he realized the Twi?lek was ordering his ship to fly away from the homestead.

?Wow, wow, wait a minute, we can?t go yet!?

?Well, we?re not doing any good out here anyway,? the Twi?lek said.

?But we left a man down there!? Korr argued. ?At the homestead, in their underground gardens, tinkering with another of these droids, one we managed to bring down.?

He paused, then shrugged. ?Okay, 'man' only as in a very short one. The guy?s a Squib. Good to have in a fight though.?

Even better to have around to help them understand the things they were fighting. The little guy had looked like he knew what he was doing with that droid.

TAG: Sithy, Dubya, Twinky, Spatz

OOC: I mailed Spatz first before this post, and he said he?s still in the game, so that?s why. Hope that's all right, Dubya.

3. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    OOC ~ I'm gonna make Kharz go off elsewheres until his presence is necessary...

IC ~ Kharz

As the others went off with the ship, Kharz found himself at the relatively abandonned homestead alone with his droid, and the shut-down hulk that was a T-800. Sighing, Kharz loaded the fairly heavy droid onto his hovercraft, happy that he got the industrial model.

As he returned to his closed shop Kharz clicked a small button on his dash, opening his garage workshop, in which one could find multiple half completeed projects, each with their own dedicated space. He parked the speeder inside, and unloaded the large droid with a loading platform, and set down to work in one of the few unoccupied sections of his workbench.

"Well, lets see if I can't make this useful." Kharz mumbles to himself as he begins.

Tag ~ Duby (He oughta think of something!)

4. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Welcome back, Spatz! I'll have a new "IC" post soon.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The Last Bolt, Mitch Nifesta, the Darth Unlucky.

The cruiser ceased it's measured no-fragger-is-bringing-me-down-with-a-GAM (Ground to Air Missile) circling of the new lake of magma and the Ignacio homestead it fronted, and smoothly turned towards Mos Eisley, the repulsors re-directed aft, and pushed the ship in that direction.

Inside, the Last Bolt was revealing what it knew, while the God of Cops hoisted the piece of Moto-Terminator artillery, and headed inside the arrived turbolift.

It is alright. I noticed a squib pack something on his landspeeder, and take it away. Another, if I was forced to fall back on it, reason not to use the missile. Too much risk of him being caught in the blast.

"So he is out of danger then?" Mitch called from the lift, waiting for Korr to finish fussing over his dog. Where in Hapes had he picked the thing up anyway?

Affirmative. Heading to Mos Eisley.

Mitch looked at Korr, considering his suggestion that they bring in proper jedi. He regarded the idea with the same emotion as you would, if someone suggested getting a home deliivery of pizza. "And if they take more than half-a-day to arrive, the second jedi is free." He trusted that the reference was oblique enough not to raise Korr's, whom he regarded as dumb as a bucket of Driblis fruit, suspicions.

"That is a good idea. We certainly need to contact someone. The Jedi Order, or the Judicial Forces."

The Last Bolt synthesized a discreet cough. Yoda.

"Oh crap. Yoda." Now Nifesta hesitated. There probably would not be much danger in meeting normal jedi, and in these days, there were plenty to go around. But he was mates with the elfin jedi master, in the future. Rescued his choob', and those of his younglings, from the Planet of the Dead. "Be okay, as long as they don't send Yoda. But, how do we get them not to send him? We cannot say, 'Do not send Yoda', cos then, he will definitely come!"

You are babbling. The AE warned.

"I like babbling!" Mitch snapped, annoyed, perhaps revealing just how much the predicament unsettled him.

Tag: Seremela, Dubya, Spatz

6. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    ~Abourd the Darth Unlucky~

Korr looked up from where he was telling Wolf to stay put for once, and instructing Beenine to contact him immediately if something strange happened (plus, if it was doable for the small robot, to try and find a more discreet way to get some more information about the ship and its owner, without risks this time though) and frowned.

The Twi'lek was acting strange again. And he didn't like what he picked up from the white being's conversation with his ship.

With a sigh he left the War dog and his droid, ignoring Wolf's distressed huffs and stepped into the turbolift. Leaning against the wall he asked casually, "So, what's your problem with the Jedi? You keep getting nervous and, no offense, downright strange whenever I mention them. You steal from them or something?"

When the Jedi were involved, he rather knew what he was getting himself into.

TAG: Sithy, Dubya, Twinky, Spatz

7. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: "probe droid"

All this weird stuff had happened. And the little probe droid was trying it's hardest to collect as much data as possible. First of all, it somehow lost the speeder it was following, then the giant cruiser disappeared in the distance...

But wait... Was that one of the T-800 models? In that hovering vehicle that just zoomed by? It had better investigate. Why did one of these desert planet people have a deactivated T-800? Something wasn't right.

The spherical droid took off after the speeder and followed it to a garage/workshop somewhere.

The droid, no bigger than an Earth soccer ball, hovered in closer for a better look, recording everything it saw. What was this being doing with a Terminator?

TAG: Spatz, if he sees the probe droid...

[b]IC: wormbot[/b]

While Fincher was in the med-bay with Ewlla and Sparrow, and the three other Earth humans wondered the rooms on Deck One, the wormbot clung to the outside of the ship as it turned in the direction of Mos Eisley.

It had managed to make it's way from the underbelly of the [i]Darth Unlucky[/i] up to the left side of the cruiser when it started to move again. It would be tougher to slither around while the ship was in motion, so... This was a good enough spot.

The claw-like blades extended outward from it's head and it jerked back to thrust them into the outer metal of the ship.

[b]TAG: Last Bolt...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]OOC:[/b] Beware the wormbot. [face_tongue]

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, in the lift.

Korr jumped in beside him. ?So, what's your problem with the Jedi? You keep getting nervous and, no offense, downright strange whenever I mention them. You steal from them or something??

Mitch pressed ?1? on the control pad, the door shutting before them.

He did not like, one bit, the idea of revealing his main secret to this being. He had years of covert action before him, before he could safely re-join his life, and his companion was trying to break him inside the first day!

?I have no problem with most of them, Korr.? He returned, as the lift ascended the short distance to Deck One. ?Just a small number that I must avoid for the time being. We can try to put a call in to them; even though Tatooine is one of the worlds farthest from Coruscant.?

The door opened, showing the backs of the three humans they had sent ahead.

Mitch stepped out ahead of his fellow spacer. ?Aw, you guys waited!?

Tag: Korr, Dunlop, Eddie, Michelle

9. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz was already alert because he wasn't sure what would happen while he worked on the droid, when suddenly his ears swivled towards the sound they had picked up, the barely noticable humming of the probe droid's repulsor jets. Slowly he he continued working on the droid, retrieving his blaster which was directly in front of him. He quickly spun and unloaded five shots to key sections of the prob droid, hopefully putting it down and out.

"No one, not even a probe droid can sneak up on me..." Kharz snapped hushedily as he quickly grabbed his Ion launcher, aiming it at the droid. He wa snot pleased that someone had sent this probe, and figured it must've been one of his competitors.

Tag ~ Duby

10. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher
    medical bay - Darth Unlucky - Tatooine

"We got stim-shots, hemo-stats, hemosponges, dipills, bacta patches. What sort of stuff do you need?" Ewlla had said.

After a brief moment of silence, Fincher said, "Uh... I don't even know what half that stuff it. We had actual doctors in our Human Resistance that took care of all that." He glanced at the two humans on the beds. "There's no hospital nearby?"

TAG: Twinky, Sith-I-5...

[b]IC: Dunlop, Miyano, Thornton
    Deck One - [i]Darth Unlucky[/i] - Tatooine[/b]

The lift door slid open and the God of Cops said, [i]?Aw, you guys waited!?[/i]

The turned to see him and Korr.

"Yeah," Thornton said. "Not sure where we're supposed to go."

"We were just checkin' the place out," Miyano added.

Then Dunlop said, "This is quite an impressing ship."

[b]TAG: Seremela, Sith-I-5...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: probe droid
    Kharz' garage/workshop - Tatooine[/b]

The squib spun around and fired on the droid. The droid pulled back and tried to dodge...it was unsuccessful.

Having been hit by blaster bolts, the spherical droid slowly began losing control. It hovered toward a wall and smashed right into it, bouncing back toward the center of the room. It eventually hit the floor, unable to keep itself in the air.

It was damaged pretty badly. It's systems were failing. It sent as much data as it could back to it's master, the last transmission being it's coordinates on this planet.

It's job was done. It collected data, sent it all back to base, and now it was the Terminators' turn...

The droid just laid there on the floor.

[b]TAG: Spatz...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Wormbot
    Outer layer of [i]Darth Unlucky[/i] - Tatooine[/b]

It had taken more time than anticipated. This alien metal was different than the Earth metal it's systems were used to.

The claws finally poked through the layer of metal. They moved around, tearing the metal open wide enough for the rest of the body to crawl through.

The wormbot slithered it's way inside. It quickly found the nearest dark corner. It didn't sense any lifeforms in this room, but it wasn't taking any chances. Finding a good hiding spot was first priority.

So, now it was inside.

Let the hunt begin...

[b]TAG: Sith-I-5 (Last Bolt)...[/b]

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Last Bolt, blaring from all personal address speakers, accompanied by a klaxon.

ALERT. HULL BREACH.

ALERT. HULL BREACH.

INTRUDER ALERT. Deck One. Port side.

Tag: ALL on the ship

12. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz looked at the droid in anger, and put down the EMP launcher. He picked up the droid, and worried that it may have gotten another transmission out, hooked it up to his computer and began reading it's last subroutines.

Send Co-ordinates to Skynet

Skynet, what's that? Though with my co-ordinates sent to an unknown source, I'd best move my location... Kharz thought to himself as he threw the droids damaged hull into a pile of junk outside of the garage. Kicking an old box, Kharz began loading up his old freighter with all within his shop, and backyard junk pile. He could sell his shop and buy a new location, that way he couldn't have been found.

Tag ~ Duby

13. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Sofia "Sparrow" Mason

"We got stim-shots, hemo-stats, hemosponges, dipills, bacta patches. What sort of stuff do you need?" Ewlla had said.

There was a pause as Sparrow looked over the equipment. She had no idea what any of that was or did.

"Uh... I don't even know what half that stuff it. We had actual doctors in our Human Resistance that took care of all that." Finch said as he looked over to the two patients. "There's no hospital nearby?"

"Finch, we're surrounded by desert." Sofia picked up one of the patches and looked over it. It looked like a regular bandage but with some kind of gel on it.

"I think I can figure out how to use this. If I just clean the wound with water like you normally would then put this patch on, I can help with the minor wounds. But I'm not a fully trained medic."

ALERT. HULL BREACH.

ALERT. HULL BREACH.

"Oh dios. ¿Qué ahora?"

TAG: any

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Ewlla Iillor, Deck Three cabin.

?Uh... I don't even know what half that stuff it. We had actual doctors in our Human Resistance that took care of all that.? Finch said, looking down at the contents of the drawer. ?There's no hospital nearby??

Iillor?s assumption that Sparrow had been the right person to ask, had been unconscious, so she did not feel vindicated by the reaction. As she opened her mouth to respond that she was new to the planet too, Sparrow stepped in.

?Finch, we're surrounded by desert.?

Iillor watched her pick up one of the bacta patches. ?I think I can figure out how to use this. If I just clean the wound with water like you normally would then put this patch on, I can help with the minor wounds. But I'm not a fully trained medic.?

The ensign smiled and nodded encouragement.

ALERT. HULL BREACH.

She was already moving, as soon as the words registered, turning and diving towards the already closing doorway! It wasn?t like they had not been forewarned this time.

ALERT. HULL BREACH.

The closing cabin door hit the barrel of her blaster carbine, and pushed the butt of it into the door-jamb, the wall servos whining with increasing effort, then levelling off. The door did not re-open however.

Stretched on her tummy on the carpet, she heard Sparrow mutter, ?Oh dios. ¿Qué ahora??

?Hey, that?s Manaan!? She didn?t know what the words actually meant, but she could tell the ancient dialect when she heard it. Ewlla released her grip on her jammed sidearm, and climbed to her knees, quickly brushing herself down, before stepping through the slim gap into the corridor, before the ship?s computer got any more funny ideas. ?Nature of intruder??

Unknown, but high probability that it is artificial entity identified as 'Wormbot'.

?I?m going to need another weapon; this place got an armoury??

Affirmative. However, you are confined to Deck Three for your own safety.

?If you could not keep it outside, how are you going to keep it from swapping decks?" She snapped back, ?Uncle Mitch will need every hand he can get!?

Agreed. The cabin door opened fully, while Ewlla waved at Fincher to follow her.

Tag: All on the ship

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher
    Deck Three

The Last Bolt reported a breach and and intruder alert.

"Uh, oh..." he muttered as he watched Ewlla lunge for the door.

The Last Bolt eventually opened all the doors and Ewlla waved at him to follow. Fincher ran for the door, stopped, and turned to look at Sparrow. "Stay here and finish patching them up, then come down and meet us. I'll let you know where we are through the radio." He tapped his earpiece indicating the radio headset.

"It's a wormbot," he added. "We're gonna need all the help we can get."

TAG: Twinky, Sithy...

[b]IC: Thornton, Miyano, Dunlop
    Deck One[/b]

The Last Bolt announced that there was a hull breach and an intruder alert on Deck One.

All three of them readied their weapons. "Wait," Miyano said, "aren't [i]we[/i] on Deck One?"

Dunlop swore.

Thornton said, "It's a wormbot, guys. Be ready." She scanned the immediate area, looking through the crosshairs of her gun. She saw nothing. "I've gotten all turned around now. Which direction is port side?"

[b]TAG: Seremela, Sithy...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Skynet
    Undisclosed location...[/b]

The probe droid had relayed a ton of information, but it was too slow to dodge the blaster fire. That's the last time one of [i]those[/i] will be produced again. It was time to upgrade them.

There's no telling what the alien being was able to take from the probe droid's memory banks. If it found the source of the signal, it may lead the alien directly to the base.

This was not good. A new base of operations may need to be established. It was time to move.

That alien being, locally called a "squib", will pay for what he's done.

[b]TAG: All players, or nobody, (just a little [i]Skynet[/i] update)...[/b]

16. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    ~Aboard the Darth Unlucky~

?I have no problem with most of them, Korr,? the Twi?lek answered as the lift rose up. ?Just a small number that I must avoid for the time being. We can try to put a call in to them; even though Tatooine is one of the worlds farthest from Coruscant.?

Korr shrugged. ?You never know where those guys are. Some might actually be in the neighborhood.? So the Twi?lek was in trouble with some of the Jedi? After his one encounter with a Jedi team and having seen what they could do, he had known that he would make sure never to clash with them. They were too dangerous with their strange powers. But maybe it was different for other Force users.

The door opened, showing the backs of the three humans they had sent ahead.

He let the Twi?lek step out first. ?Aw, you guys waited!?

"Yeah," the one called Thornton said. "Not sure where we're supposed to go."

"We were just checkin' the place out," Miyano added.

Then Dunlop said, "This is quite an impressive ship."

Suddenly said ship?s voice blared from all the speakers. ALERT. HULL BREACH. ALERT. HULL BREACH. INTRUDER ALERT. Deck One. Port side.

"Wait," Miyano said, "aren't we on Deck One?"

Korr agreed when he heard Dunlop swear. He quickly slung his carbine from his back.

?Please tell me your weapons work on that thing,? Korr aksed the human soldiers. ??Cause mine didn?t make a dent.? Keeping his eyes on the halls and doors around them, he said to the Twi?lek, ?Now would be a damn good time for those Sorosuub Equalizers. Can we get them fast?? He gave the Twi?lek a quick, feral grin before going back to scanning his surroundings. ?Too bad you?re not a Jedi. If that thing suddenly popped up a lightsaber might come in handy. Still, you got your Force powers if we can?t get those Equalizers on time. Has to be good for something, right??

TAG: Sithy, Dubya,

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, Last Bolt, Ewlla Iillor, decks One and Three.

How the hell did it get through the hull? Mitch wondered silently, reaching under his robe to unhook the DC-15. He did not like the idea of weapons fire inside his ship, but it did not look like had a choice.

Around him, everyone readied weapons. "Wait," Miyano said, "aren't we on Deck One?"

Dunlop swore.

Thornton said, "It's a wormbot, guys. Be ready." She scanned the immediate area, looking through the crosshairs of her gun. She saw nothing. "I've gotten all turned around now. Which direction is port side?"

Mitch did not know either. "Ancient Mariners had a saying, 'Port Out, Right Home." He hesitated, also sweeping the lobby floor with his gun. "Actually, that is not that helpful. Last-?"

Left side. It supplied, prompting the armed twi'lek to swing his plasma rifle in that direction, and step to the left side of the lift, away from the doors leading to his stateroom, and the Salon Pod.

?Please tell me your weapons work on that thing,? Korr asked the human soldiers. ??Cause mine didn?t make a dent.? Keeping his eyes on the halls and doors around them, he said to the Twi?lek, ?Now would be a damn good time for those Sorosuub Equalizers. Can we get them fast??

"Last Bolt?"

On it!

He gave the Twi?lek a quick, feral grin before going back to scanning his surroundings. ?Too bad you?re not a Jedi. If that thing suddenly popped up a lightsaber might come in handy. Still, you got your Force powers if we can?t get those Equalizers on time. Has to be good for something, right??

"Actually, I do have a lightsabre." He revealed, holding the DC-15 like Michelle held hers, and sweeping the barrel over the white corridor stretching aft, all the doors closed.
    Actually, he had several. All those Force Sensetives he ate, left behind a surplus, and some clothes too. If he had liked wearing black, he would never have to buy clothes again.

In fact, now that he thought about it, he should probably get Next of Kin details off them beforehand.

Out in the Deck Three corridor while Fincher gave instructions to Sparrow, and looking up towards the lift they had used, Iillor spun at the sound of a door sliding open behind them!

The Armoury. The God of Cops has requested the portable ion cannon.

Ewlla jogged in that direction, ducking into the austere cabin, dominated by an expansive grey metal table, and a wheeled chair; just as a padded tray of various weapons rolled out of the blank bulkhead to her right. She recognised various hand blasters and carbines; thermal detonators; a row of hand-suitable black or silver cylinders; along with two thick black pipes, about 1.52 meters in length, and 70mm in thickness.

"Suh-weet!"

Nodding at the find, she grabbed the visible black velcro'd handle for one, and moved to haul it out and swing it over her back, but instead found herself falling back onto the heavy ordnance when it did not budge. A bit heavy.

The Corellian did not have the upper body strength, she realised. She massaged her neck, decided to wait for Fincher.

18. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: T-800's
    Near Kharz' workshop

Skynet wasted no time in getting Terminator's to the probe droid's last known location. Two metal skeletons, armed with Earth miniguns, marched toward the workshop, eyes glowing an eerie red.

Anyone in or around the building could no doubt hear the servos and metal joints working...getting closer.

TAG: Spatz...

[b]IC: Fincher
    Deck Three[/b]

"Did he say Armory?" Fincher asked as he came jogging over. He stopped when he noticed all the space-age weaponry that Ewlla was looking at. "Whoa..."

It took a moment to look at everything. He wondered what they all did. "So, which one will work best?"

[b]TAG: Sithy...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Miyano, Thornton, Dunlop
    Deck One[/b]

While they examined the immediate area, Miyano heard the God of Cops say he had a lightsaber. Continuing the conversation, he commented, "I don't know what a lightsaber is, but it sounds cool."

Thornton was hoping they could get the heavy weaponry here quickly. She didn't understand what weapons the God of Cops was describing, but she was hoping they would be powerful enough to kill that damn wormbot.

[b]TAG: Seremela, Sithy...[/b]

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, Last Bolt, Ewlla Iillor, Deck One lobby and Deck Three armoury.

Eddie said, "I don't know what a lightsaber is, but it sounds cool."

"It is." Mitch confirmed, stopping and holding up a pale white fist, that in Republic military circles, meant 'stop', but for the minute, he overlooked whether it would mean a thing to his companions. Two fingers popped up like Lepi-ears, and he waved back and to the left, indending that two of the group go back round the front of the lift, and cover the other side, rather than bunching everyone up here. "The lightsabre is the traditional weapon of the Guardians of our fair Republic, the Jedi. Other Force users employ them from time to time."

ETA to Mos Eisley, five standard minutes.

Mitch had forgotten about that, and frankly, did not give a stang right now. He ignored the update.

"Did he say Armoury?" Finch asked as he joined Ewlla, and halted before the vertical collection of small and medium arms from a dozen manufacturers. "Whoa..."

She silently agreed, her gaze roving over the weapons. There was nothing as light, relatively speaking, as the E-5 Mitch had given her previously, and it was clear from this collection, that his tastes ran towards heavy weapons.
    Ewlla quickly re-evaluated as she took a second, closer look. The black sponge holding each weapon looked clean and new, as did the guns themselves. This array was not accessed much, if ever. She had seen him wield a lightsabre and his big black rifle.

Clearly, if he ever had to access this hidden armoury, Mitch wanted to finish it.

"So, which one will work best?" Finch enquired, at length.

Not responding, she frowned and plucked one of the row of small cylinders from it's padding, one of the silver ones. It a rubberised hand-grip, and was about eight inches long, one end showing a crystal lens. There was an slide switch on the side. She put her thumb to it.

PUT THAT DOWN!

Startled at the deafening instruction, she dropped the device to the lime-coloured carpet at her feet, it rolling a little way in a semi-circle.

"Dammit, look what you made me do." She chided, squatting, to retrieve it.

LEAVE. IT. ALONE. The computer ordered again.

"Alright. Fine." Iillor put up both hands in surrender, "Keep your hair on." She rose, deliberately reaching over and selecting one of the heavier weapons she could see, a Arakyd Industries LJ-50 Concussion Rifle, despite knowing that it was too big for her, not quite the opposite end of the operator/gun size ratio from her E-5, but close. Trandoshans loved them, she knew.

Almost bent over from the weight of her choice, the ensign directed Finch to the black vertical pipes of the two shoulder-launchers. "Those two, Sir. Sorry, but they are too heavy for me."

Although the Last Bolt's shouted warnings were not spoken on Deck One, they were loud enough to be heard through two decks.

"What the heck is going on up there?" Mitch wanted to know.

The Ensign was playing with one of the lightsabres.

The twi'lek briefly considered this. "Well, if I ever have kids of my own, I would be only too pleased to have you over to babysit."

Bite me.

The God of Cops grinned.

20. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Sofia "Sparrow" Mason

Sofia didn't have a chance to ask Ewlla what the heck Manaan was when the other two sprung into action.

"Stay here and finish patching them up, then come down and meet us. I'll let you know where we are through the radio."

Normally Sofia would have argued about being left behind, but she nodded. She couldn't leave the two wounded people alone. When the others were gone she started going through the various medical supplies. The bacta bandages were easy enough to figure out. Before applying them she used she hemo-sponges to clean up as much of the blood as possible. With the bandages in place Sofia examined botht he man and child again. Breathing, but still no signs of waking up. Sofia would have liked to give them something to help with the pain for when they woke up, but she wasn't sure what the differents shots were. She didn't want to end up making things worse.

Sofia had done all she could. The two needed more qualified attention, but they were stable for now. Reaching for the radio at her hip with one hand, she flicked it on.

"Finch, it's Sparrow. What's your status? What's going on down there?"

TAG: Dubya, any

21. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher, Miyano, Thornton, Dunlop, wormbot
    Darth Unlucky - zooming toward Mos Eisley

On Deck One, the God of Cops made a silent gesture indicating he wanted two of them back toward the lift.

Thornton and Dunlop nodded simultaneously. They slowly made their way back, patiently waiting for the wormbot to come jumping out at them.

In the armory, Fincher watched as Ewlla and the Last Bolt argued over the cylindrical object. "What is that, a stick of dynamite or something?" Fincher questioned, to no one in particular.

Then Ewlla picked up the concussion rifle. It looked heavy in her hands. "Those two, Sir. Sorry, but they are too heavy for me," she said, indicating the shoulder-launchers.

"Right," Finch responded. But he stopped when Sparrow's voice came over the radio.

"What's your status? What's going on down there?"

"We're in the armory," he responded back. "It's pretty much right down the hall from where you are now. Just look for an area with a lot weapons." He hesitated. "How's everyone else holding up? Wormbot showed up yet?"

Miyano spoke into the radio, "Nothing yet, Finch. But he's in here someplace. Better bring what you can from that armory."

"Oh yeah," Fincher said back. "I will." He reached out to grab the shoulder-launchers that Ewlla was talking about.

Back on Deck One, there was a metal clank behind the wall next to Miyano. "Damn it," he said, taking a few steps back and aiming his machine gun at the wall. He waited, but there was only silence.

TAG: Twinky, Seremela, Sithy...

[b]OOC:[/b] Is there a picture somewhere of what this shoulder-launcher is supposed to look like? I'm a little unsure of it's appearance and I don't want to describe something entirely different than what you had in mind.

Also, all this mention of [i]Deep Rising[/i] this past week, I had my brother Netflix it for me and I watched it the other night. The jaws of the tentacle/serpent creatures is actually kind of what the metal claws look like on the [b]wormbot[/b]. I had no idea how similar it looked. I saw that and thought, "Whoa! That's kinda how I pictured the Terminator Wormbots!"

22. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz suddenly heard two more terminators approaching his shop. He had little care for the building itself, and everything was loaded onto the ship, and with little second thoughts he took off, the humming of his repulsor engines louder than they should be. With few thoughts he launched forwards, launching over the mass of Mos Eisley. He knew that the armor plating of his ship could easily withstand the slugthrowers that the droids weilded. He wonder how resourceful this skynet was, and how long it would take them to track him, but that thought was interupted by a beeping on his radar, another ship was heading at a moderatly quick pace towards Mos Eisley. He opened a com and sent a message,

"Unknown Vessel, this is Kharz DeShaddaa of the freighter Fleetfoot, please designate yourself."

Tag ~ All

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Regretfully, no pictures for the Sorosuub Equaliser. I looked up the Sidewinder shoulder-launcher for an idea of dimensions, however Star Wars Wiki does have an entry for the Equaliser: Two metres long and twelve kilograms in weight. My PC at home is fragged, but I will see if I can do a pic myself?.okay, here you go.

[image=http://www.geocities.com/yavin_base/rpg_pics/armoury.jpg]

IC: Last Bolt, Agent Mitch Nifesta, Deck One, the Darth Unlucky Republic cruiser.

The twi?lek law enforcer stood in the corridor, slightly ahead of Korr and Miyano, listening to the latter?s side of his comlink exchange. ?- Better bring what you can from that armory.? The green-clad warrior suggested, prompting Mitch to nod his agreement.

?Damn it.?

Mitch looked at the Eddie, to see him backtracking from a section of wall, behind which, was one of the rooms he seldom used.
    He also brought up his DC-15, covering the same stretch of bulkhead. ?Easy.?

He moved closed to the wary human, almost shoulder to shoulder. Well, shoulder to bicep. We wouldn?t want to suggest Miyano was standing on a box.

We are being hailed. The freighter, Fleetfoot, requests that we designate ourselves.

? Your call is important to us,? Nifesta gritted aloud, in the faux helpful manner of a stressed call centre operator, though his gaze and gun was still aimed at the section of bulkhead that appeared to bother Eddie. ?however, all our operators are busy right now, so maybe, I dunno, you could learn to operate a telesponder?? That was a common automated device on most ships, that allowed one vessel to identify another without having to actually talk to the pilot.

None of this would have been heard by the other ship, which was why the terminally sarcastic agent had gotten it out of the way first. ?Alright. Put them through to my wrist-comm.?

Be nice.

?I?m always nice.? From his communicator, Mitch heard the subtle shift from the silence of a closed link, to that of an open one in a silent room. He knew the channel was open, and spoke. ?Freighter Fleetfoot, this is the Darth Unlucky. You are advised not to land at Mos Eisley spaceport for the time being. Do you copy??

Rather belatedly, he realised he should have name-dropped Republic security or something, better chance of getting the spacer to comply. But then, this was the Outer Rim, so not guaranteed.

Tag: Spatz, Eddie, all.

24. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: I later found the concussion rifle on Wookiepedia. And I didn't realize the shoulder-launcher ion cannon was as simple as that. I thought it looked more complex. Sorry. :p Thanks for the clarification, Sithy.

25. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Kharz

Kharz snickered in response and replied,

"I just left Mos Eisley, some computer thing located my shop and sent in terminators to take me down, I'm not going back, my presence would be to obvious..." Kharz wasn't pleased about the issues that arose due to this dimensional riff, and he was getting tired of running from these droids. He was currently trying to figure out how to close the riff, that way he wouldn't have to put up with this anymore.

Tag ~ Duby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.