Lit The Maestro Trilogy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kyris Cavisek, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    That is the beauty of him though, a dangerous non force user who in theory could be playing you without you even knowing it. Thrawn is THE powerhouse. The Sith would have been in danger if Thrawn had wanted their spot, however he wanted to fight not to rule. Only later is he forced to rule. But he is dangerous to the enemy and anyone in his way to the top. Thrawn is a brilliant enemy. Though I would love a Fel/Thrawn as the noble warrior protagonists against evil Moffs
  2. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    One true pairing. I don't know how I know that.
    Last edited by Todd the Jedi, Jan 23, 2013
  3. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5

Oh great, here we go again :p

[IMG]

I like Thrawn myself.
    Last edited by instantdeath, Jan 23, 2013
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, that too. Basically I'm ok with Thrawn if he's not a terribly broken Mary Sue. It's as if Zahn forgot that Thrawn was defeated in the first book we saw him in.
  5. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    The only book I felt Thrawn really veered into that territory was Outbound Flight. We'd get occasional glimpses of what almost feels like super powers in TTT, but I didn't personally feel it was any more unbelievable than, say, Winter's crazy ability. I dislike it when the "noble" part of Thrawn is played up; in Heir to the Empire at least, he is not a nice guy, and he's better that way. He's supposed to be analogous to Vader, not to Luke.

I honestly can't remember Thrawn's part in Choices of One, though...
    Last edited by instantdeath, Jan 23, 2013
  6. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey Tim, I didn't know you had an account here.

Could you do me a favorite and write a C'baoth novel? I'd buy that.

PS

No Thrawn.
    cdgodin, fett 4, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Precisely what I dislike.
    Darth_Martus likes this.
  8. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    According to your profile, you are 30 and a meat popsicle. I am 24 and suggest a completely debauched and unnecessary fact-finding boondoggle. Quod erat demonstrandum.
  9. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    You damn kids get off my lawn.
  10. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    I'm fine with Thrawn in any of Zahn books but he is at his best in The Thrawn Trilogy. We need an enemy with an undefeatable persona that is different from Palpatine and Vader. Too insanely smart? Perhaps but that makes it all the more fun. I don't want a weak enemy. I want someone that can counter everything the good guys do.
    Zeta1127 and instantdeath like this.
  11. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Jesus, you're 24?? God, I am old.
    RC-1991, Ulicus and Havac like this.
  12. kataja Force Ghost

star 4
    More Mara is good per definition. And if It doesn't contain a dense Luke, I'll probably even like it. Then again, if he writes another novel with Luke so inapt that he doesn't seem able to bind his own shoelaces, then it's all for nothing.
  13. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
    I just want the Thrawn from Galaxy of Fear.
  14. Parnesius Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    The title refers to Thrawn's enigmatic archnemesis (or possibly archrival): the Maestro, a brilliant commander who relies upon insights into species psychology but draws them from musical output rather than paintings and sculpture.

Possibly they were at school together.
  15. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd kill to see a battle between the two. It would be the ultimate clash of military intelligence: Maestro would be constantly ransacking Thrawn's record collection, the latter would be stealing the formers favorite paintings and decorations.
  16. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    The interesting potential a Pre-TTT Thrawn Trilogy could have, actually, is if it explored that development in his character, from youthful OFP idealism to hardened HTTE resolve.

And @Parnesius 's idea of Thrawn's archrival actually sounds like a nifty way to knock Thrawn down a peg and force him to rethink how he goes about his grand mission of galactic salvation.
    instantdeath and Cronal like this.
  17. TheNewEmpire Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm a HUGE fan of Zahn (He's my favourite SW author) and Thrawn is my favourite EU character. So yes, I would love for this trilogy to happen and I will pay for it now, before a word has been written.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Mara, Thrawn, Chiss, Fel... Sounds innovative!
    Zeta1127, fett 4, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  19. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    I was thinking an Estelle Costanza series would be good too.
    krtmd likes this.
  20. Cronal Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A good point really. Such a novel would show a development and change in Thrawn's character so would be a nice thing to explore. Would so love another Chiss/Thrawn novel and more insight into them. Still also hoping for another novel set post Hand of Thrawn trilogy with that whole clone Thrawn working with a Skywalker thing :p Preferably perhaps even during the NJO to see the Empire of the Hand and Chiss during their fight against the Vong... don't think we will see it but one can dream...
    Zorrixor likes this.
  21. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    By paying less attention to art and more to music? Is that what hardens him? :p
    Zorrixor likes this.
  22. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    No, no, he needs to grow up and stop with all that juvenile Chiss Pop, and mature into the refined tastes in art that we saw in HTTE. :p
    Cronal and instantdeath like this.
  23. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Great, now I'm picturing a young Thrawn as Andy Warhol. It fits much better than it has any right to.
    cthugha likes this.
  24. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Might I point out that the actual focal point is Fel and not Thrawn...
    It would be interesting to get an entire Fel plot
  25. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    Some of the answers on this are not encouraging

Oh god not more Hand of Judgment how boring They were so generic that I swear Zahn stuck in different names and forgot some of them.

A Fel or a Chiss novel, in other words his own universe that has no relation to the Starwars universe but with a Stawars label on it!

The Vader/Mara one if you leave aside why Vader would need help, or that Zahn tends to write him as a chump compared to Mara, has the germ of a good idea and sounds the most interesting of the bunch, as its actually Stawars and connected to Starwars!
    Last edited by fett 4, Jan 24, 2013
    Darth_Martus likes this.