main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The main hero that SHOULD have died...(SBS,)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by p_atch, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_atch

p_atch Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 21, 2002
    Jacen damnit
    hes boring with he's stupid philosophical drivel
    jacen should have died instead of his brother and appeared to Anakin every now and then warning him about the path he was walking or whatever.
    seriously who is going to be the new luke skywalker/Uberjedi type hero now?
    Jacen's too caught up in his stupid pondering about the nature of the force to kick any butt and Jaina's too busy with her piloting career.

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
  3. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    The Solo brother who should have died is.. neither of them. Why did any of them have to die at all? :mad: Anyway, Jacen can't die because he's important to the whole "twins" thread of the plot, I guess.

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    This is like saying that Ton Phannan should have died instead of Jesmine Ackbar when the Wraiths attacked those pirates in Wraith Squadron. Allston admits this was the original plan, but he felt Phannan had something more to say. Because of that feeling, Jesmine bought it in Phannan's place.

It was probably decided that Jacen has something more to do, where as Anakin had done a good bit. Because of that, Anakin was selected over Jacen.

Still, we nmay not have seen the last of Anakin.

5. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Why did any of them have to die? Shock value why else. My take on Jacen is that he is a victim of bad timing. Some of his philisophical ideas are not bad it's just that in the middle of a war is not time to get all meditative and philisophical. If the war was not going on I would say, sure let Jacen go off for a couple of years and meditate to get a better understanding of the force. Let him be a hermit for a while. Might do him good and his insight could benefit his fellow Jedi. But, considering that there is a war going on and most of his commrades are getting killed, I'd say that now is a time for action.

6. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    I do agree with you Lianna, although I don't think shock value is a good enough reason to kill off one of the most popular characters they have. That'd be like... like kicking Apolo Anton Ohno out of speed skating competition for no good reason! He's the charismatic star of the sport, I mean everyone booed when they thought he didn't win.

I think I've been thinking about him too much lately.. now I'm comparing him to Star Wars. [face_plain] :p

7. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    seriously who is going to be the new luke skywalker/Uberjedi type hero now?

How about Luke Skwalker himself? Next 2 books, stay tuned . . .

8. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I hope that the NJO stears clear of any one hero formula. I think that the the hero should be the combined efforts of the Jedi as well as the citizens who standup and fight this menace.

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I think they booed because they had an idea of what happened.

10. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Jacen still has a major part to play, obviously, as does Jaina. And maybe all of the Anakin supporters are right and we havent seen the last of him yet...

As for who will be the next 'uberjedi,' since Anakin is dead my credits are on young Ben Skywalker.

11. Xani

Xani Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2001
    Lianna said: If the war was not going on I would say, sure let Jacen go off for a couple of years and meditate to get a better understanding of the force. Let him be a hermit for a while. Might do him good and his insight could benefit his fellow Jedi. But, considering that there is a war going on and most of his commrades are getting killed, I'd say that now is a time for action.

I thought this way too at first, but I don't think it would work. It is very easy during a peace-time to develop pacifist ideals, but refusing to take up arms even while friends are dying - that really takes some conviction! I don't necessarily agree with that, but Jacen is working though this.

I think he still needs to find the Balance Point. When do you fight, when do you strive for peace? I think he is still looking for it. And I think he is the only one who could. Anakin still thought of the Force as a tool. Jacen is the only one who is really searching for the real purpose and allowable use of the Force. And during war is exactly when he needs to be doing it. His theories and ideals are being tested everyday.

I feel sorry for him, no matter what, beings are going to die with his action or inaction.

12. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I hate to say it but, it should have been Jacen. I really liked his character in YJK, and I've tried to like him in the NJO, but I can't. He's begun to get on my nerves!!

13. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    killing jacen would defeat the purpose of the twin thing...

14. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Hmm, for a sect of warriors that are supposed to PROTECT people I don't recall Jacen using his powers to save civilans from the Vong at Duro. Humm... People are going to die anyway? Yes, but that's like saying Superman is justified not helping people in a burning building because Lois threw him out of the house.

15. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I would of killed the Fel kid, he really pissis me off...

16. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I would've killed Nom Anor.

17. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    Borsk Fey'lya is the REAL hero!!!

18. Rogue_Solo

Rogue_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2001
    Jacen shouldn't die yet, he needs to find figure out who is before he dies. At least that's my take on it. And if they were really going for shock value, or whatever, but won't kill any of the main three, they could kill-and I really hate to say it because I love this guy...........Wedge Antilles.

19. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Troy Denning should of killed off Kyp Durron, like he wanted to. Too bad they didn't let him.

God I hate Kyp Durron.

20. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    If every character someone thought should be killed off was actually killed off, there'd be no more characters to read about.

21. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    I don't know if I would still be reading the NJO if Troy had killed Anakin and Kyp in the same book. [face_plain] :mad: No way. Those are my favorite guy characters! That would be way, way too depressing, more than it already was.

22. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Troy Denning should of killed off Kyp Durron, like he wanted to. Too bad they didn't let him.

God I hate Kyp Durron.

Thus killing an entire story while it is still going. Apparently, that doesn't matter though

23. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Thus killing an entire story while it is still going. Apparently, that doesn't matter though

Of course, they killed an entire story when they killed Anakin, too. I didn't think that made much sense, either.

Jacen is the one who will ultimately be the hero. He's the one who is truly insightful; the fact that he does not just accept things like people want him to shows that he has room to grow, unlike Anakin, who was not going to be able to grow as much, IMO.

24. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    I say kill jacen..sure it would defeat the purpse of the whole twin thing, but what about how they focused so much on anakin and then killed him, kinda defeated the whole purpose of ikryt (however u spell it) talking about how powerful he and tahiri could be together..and i just dont like jacen hes tooo whiney and moody..

25. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    How important IS the twin thing? Was it really in all that many books? I only remember it being mentioned once personally. Oh, well I probably just have a bad memory...

I don't see how this twin thing, a belief of the Vong, whose entire belief system has been refuted in the Vong synopsis in the new sourcebook for NJO, has any significance.

Maybe if the Vong belief system was true then the twins sticking around would have relevance, but I don't see it at this point.

Jacen and Lah should have killed each other. An honorable death, and one that at least would have purpose, as opposed to just throwing him in against a hundred warriors like the death Anakin got...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.