main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The making of a good lightsaber.....a JA short story featuring Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediMasterAaron, Jan 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey everyone! Well, I've been unsuccessful with getting people to read attempted longer fan fics, so maybe this JA short story will attract more attention...here goes nothing!
    ---------------------------------------------

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn sat in intense concentration, hunched over the worktable. He and his padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, were in the section of the Jedi Temple reserved for the construction of lightsabers. Qui-Gon, in an unfortunate accident on their last mission, had tripped over his robe and dropped his into a pool of water....when it was on. As you can imagine, the saber sparked incredibly and then shorted out, never to be activated again. As if that wasn't humiliating enough, his Padawan felt the need to remind him of this every 5 seconds. Obi-Wan sat idly on the floor beside his Master, twirling his saber in plain view of Qui-Gon, smiling and looking off into space. Qui-Gon glared at him.

"Would you STOP that." Obi-Wan was all innocence.

"Stop what Master?" he asked with blue eyes at their widest. "Whatever am I doing?"

Rather than fuel Obi-Wan's torture-the-Master fire, he gave him one more heated glance, and turned back to his work. He was almost done assembling the new saber, but manipulating the tiny tools needed for the intricate circuitry was no small feat.

"Since you're almost done with that Master, I'll just go ahead and call the supply shop and order you some new robes...shorter ones of course. We wouldn't want a repeat incident now would we?"

Closing his eyes and counting silently to ten, Qui-Gon refused to answer the boy.

"Really, Master. There's no need to get so upset. I'm only trying to help." Obi-Wan continued with barely repressed mirth in his voice.

That did it. "Padawan." the tall Master said through clenched teeth. "If you want to maintain the use of ALL of your external digits, especially your thumbs, you will realize that I need QUIET to finish this."

"Master!" Obi-Wan replied, eyes still filled with barely supressed laughter. "That sounded like a threat made out of anger. Anger is of the Dark Side!"

Choosing to ignore that last comment, he made one final adjustment, double-checked that the focusing crystals and the Sullustan emeralds (to give the saber it's green glow) were in place, and snapped the casing shut. All that was left was to power it, and Qui-Gon opened his mouth to say something to Obi-Wan, when he heard another familiar voice.

"Well Qui-Gon Jinn, fancy meeting you here! What brings you to the lightsaber building portion of our little Temple? Surely yours isn't damaged?" said an all too cheerful Mace Windu.

Qui-Gon sent a scathing glance at his apprentice. "I, uh...just...uh..well, it's a funny story actually."

Obi-Wan could contain it no longer. "He dropped his in a puddle of water on our last mission, WHILE IT WAS ACTIVATED! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"That boy is dead." Qui-Gon thought, as Mace and his apprentice rolled on the ground in fits of uncontrollable laughter.

"Some venerable Jedi Master you turned out to be." Qui-Gon said to Mace, acid dripping from his every word. "Council Member indeed."

Mace wiped his eyes. "Oh...I'm sorry Qui-Gon. But you have to admit, it is pretty funny. I mean...mppphhh (trying to contain his laughter) you...hehe...YOU DROPPED IT IN WATER AND IT SHORTED OUT!" With this both he and Obi-Wan were reduced once again to hysterical laughter. Qui-Gon just stood there hopelessly, staring at the ridiculous image of his longtime friend and the boy who had become dearer than any son could be to him, as they rolled on the ground. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head.

Smiling evilly he said in silken tones to his apprentice. "You know Obi-Wan, the day might come when YOU might need a replacement saber...considering you've only been through the meditation process ONCE...I'd say that you might benefit from participating in it once again."

Obi-Wan stopped laughing immediately. "Master...but..that process takes days, and I have classes to attend, lightsaber practi

2. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    LoL!! QUi gets his revenge!!

Oh, I could so see that happening, Mace's look of terror at the hords of initiates!!

Great job!

3. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Weeeeeeeee! Read me!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sassy Obi-Wan, tormenting his Master that way.

I enjoyed that JMAaron! Especially that Qui-Gon gets back at both apprentice and friend.

5. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    LOL! :) Very cute, I really enjoyed that.

6. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    LOL!

Too funny JMAaron! I hope you have more for us in the future!

7. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Nice story JMA! Poor Qui. I like the cheeky Obi-Wan :)

8. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Wow, thanks guys! I may throw another short story out there before I start something big!

9. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    LOL!!! Loved how Qui-Gon got back at Obi and Mace!!!
    Can't wait to read more of your stories!

10. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
  11. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Jedi Master Aaron-

Looks like these stories are pretty popular. I laughed and laughed when I read this one. Maybe you could keep using this thread for further short humorous JA stories on the making of good lightsabers.

12. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Good idea! Maybe I shall!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.