main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT The Making of a Rogue (Pre-Rogue One Speculation - POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheChosenSolo, Apr 16, 2016.

1. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Title: The Making of a Rogue
    Author(s): Anakin Solo Revanchist
    Timeframe: Pre-Rogue One
    Characters: Jyn Erso, OCs
    Genre: History, Action
    Keywords: Rogue One Backstory
    Summary: A short story detailing some of the life of Jyn Erso before Rogue One.
    Notes:

Chapter 1

“Attention: Security Detail 52 to Sector 1926, we have a security breach.”

Jyn Erso cursed; she’d been caught. She withdrew her blaster and ducked into a hallway, preparing to fight her way out, with her free hand checking her pocket to make sure the datacard was still there.

“Freeze!” A stormtrooper rounded the corner in front of her and leveled his rifle. Jyn fired square into his chest, and he fell into the stormtrooper coming up behind him. Jyn turned back toward the main corridor, still firing to try to gain some distance from her pursuers.

The stormtroopers behind her began shooting back at her, and she heard them calling for reinforcements. That meant her chances of getting back outside the compound for extraction were getting slimmer, and if she didn’t make it out, her employer would be quite displeased. She thought of the layout of the compound, and tried to think of another escape route, but the sensation of a far-too-close blaster bolt and the smell of singed hair stopped her short. Long hair is overrated anyway, I’ve been looking for an opportunity to cut it short, she thought as she shot back and ran down another hallway.

Finally with some distance, she thought back to the layout. Let’s see…left turn here, two more rights – ahh, here we go. She waved her entry pass over the door panel, only to find the door wouldn’t open. She tried again and again, until it hit her – of course, if they’d found out that the documents she used to get inside were forged, they would have shut off her access card. Turning back around to face the incoming stormtroopers, she leveled her blaster and pulled the trigger. The only response was the depletion alarm, and knowing that she didn’t have any remaining power packs, she dropped the now-useless blaster and raised her hands. The stormtroopers came up to her, cuffed her hands behind her back, and began leading her toward the detention area.

Chyntuck, Sith-I-5 and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm so happy to see Jyn fic already! Exciting beginning.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Great beginning! Jyn's in trouble now. Somehow I get the feeling that might be her default mode.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :oops: =D= =D= I like this Jyn Erso already. :cool:

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm so excited to learn about Jyn, but it's going to be so long before we really learn about her so I'm super happy to see a fic about her! :D

Long hair is overrated anyway, I’ve been looking for an opportunity to cut it short, she thought as she shot back and ran down another hallway.
    [face_laugh] I really liked this. It shows she's very practical and doesn't let the small things get to her. It was great description of a character without going into too much detail.

I'm looking forward to more!
    =D=

6. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Thank you all for responding! It actually took me a week to write this, and I'm having the same problem with the next chapter in that I just hate everything I put down. Maybe it's that there isn't much solid information, and I'm having to make up the bulk of the story :p I hope to have it up soon though!

divapilot likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Nice beginning.

Almost total disregard for her own safety; the thought of getting trapped, and the only thing she is worried about is the client being displeased.

Which in turn suggests that she is fairly confident that she will be seeing the client again.

That's pretty brazen.

Also, nice bit of self-extrapolation from you, that you have her with long hair at some point.

8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Very nice beginning, ASR! I like how you extrapolated her personality from the trailer. Like Sith-I-5 said, "pretty brazen"!

Is this the reference to "theft of Imperial property" from the trailer? I'm very curious to know what she stole -- and, of course, how she'll get out [face_nail_biting]