main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA "The Making Of Star Wars" Book Signing - Sat. May 5

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Author J.W. Rinzler, executive editor at Lucasfilm Ltd., is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, as well as The Art of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, The Art and Making of Monster House, and Creating the Worlds of Star Wars: 365 Days, which he co-authored with visual-effects supervisor John Knoll.

On April 24, he is releasing his latest (and highly anticpated) book, The Making Of Star Wars. This is the first time that a book has been made on the making of the original film. Hard to believe! Filled with rare photos, interviews, and stories, this book has been sought after fans (like me) for a long time!

Date: Saturday, May 5
    Time: 12:00 Noon - ?

The folks at Book Passage in Corte Madera have asked the GGG to participate, including Dale, Elton, and yours truly. A special astromech droid may also make an appearance as well.

Not sure if Mr. Rinzler will be making an appearance at CIV. He doesn't do too many appearances/signings as far as I know, so this is a rare treat. I'm bringing my other books to get signed as well. Hope some of you can make it and support the book and the GGG!

Here's some info on the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Star-Wars-Definitive-Original/dp/0345494768/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-2777380-3464144?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175539317&sr=8-1

2. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I pre-ordered this book on Amazon. Too bad the signing isn't a little closer to Sac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.