main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the making of star wars.

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by jamierichards, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    yes,i know there's most likely a thread dedicated to this astounding book somewhere else,but i wanted to crow about just what an awesome book it is,to you guys on here.
    it really is the most astounding book!
    there's an amazing pic of the stormtroopers/sandtroopers on tatooine,posing alongside the dewback model...almost worth the price of the book alone.
    it's the most informative account of the nuts and bolts making of the original star wars film,told from accounts given when it was just a b-movie in the making...if it was ever going to get to b-movie status!?
    packed full of sumptous photos from the archives,lol,just how big are the archives,anyway???
    it's well worth it,least of all in the year of the 30th anniversary.

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    So you liked it then? :p

I got it on Sat, not looked throught it all yet, but I have to echo the big wook above, it's a beautiful book. I am wondering if they'll bring out similar styled versions (big book with lots of photos) for ESB and ROTJ with the original text from the making of books already published for those two films. Those two have been out of print for a while, though the ESB is an interesting read because it's a different pov than one gushing with praise all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.