main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Airline Disaster Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

EP7 mods are great. Not their fault every racist and unpleasant person makes their way over there.

2. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Look I think ENOUGH IS ENOUGH on these forum to FALSELY accuse someone of something that they are clearly NOT! These "Jedi Dragon D you are a racist" crap is nonsense and utterly misguided.

If you think I am a racist, give me your email I will prove to you in a very convincing way I am not a racist. I will send you some photos of me with black friends, if that's not enough some personal exchanges between me and black friends that's very friendly, almost like best friends level. I can prove myself to you that I am no racist, but should I have to prove myself based on a belief of ignorance? Is this what it has come down to?

Thanks for not acting like you know all about me when you just don't! :/

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Come barging in here and telling us we're all terrible and you get insulted when we bite back.

!!!!

4. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Once again, I state the reason I posted about that Obi-wan granddaughter thing was that I thought it was a PROPAGANGA from movie companies that is unnecessary and forceful, no feeling were honestly about hating black people. That's what you people thought, but it beared NO truth WHATSOEVER of my character and integrity!!!

You people MISUNDERSTOOD and thought I hate black because I have an issue with propaganda, that's just NOT my fault to begin with! Again, your fault!

I don't have problem with black people in the world of Star Wars, Lando and Mace WIndu are two of my favorite chracters! My ONLY problem was the idea of 'Propaganda', it seemed forceful.

So, STOP telling people lies about me or think about matter that you have NO idea of at all!

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Someone hold down Guy while get my box of leaches.

Obi-Zahn Kenobi likes this.
  7. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    The I'm not Racist as I have black friends rollout is genius

I believe you

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Alright, please, stop defaming me any further ... this thread need to get back on topic, with RESPECT for the dead and this horrible tragedy that may affect more than those died or their relatives. It is a serious topic that may involve more death and war... not something funny.

I feel very ashamed to have argued about myself in this thread, but I've been lead on to do this. I really don't want to anymore.

I don't know how else to prove the racist accusation FALSE, but I think it's ENOUGH here in this thread. Of course I like to clear these untrue misunderstandings as much as it make me a better person, but I think it's time maybe take it else where or personal INBOX or let it go.

Can we do that? I will be happy to continue talk with anyone may think me as a racist to reach a better understanding in a mature manner, but this is not the place for that. This topic isn't about me!

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-28364306

The area over East Ukraine had a no-fly zone up to 32,000 feet, as it was believed almost impossible that a rocket could reach higher, so the plane was apparently flying at 33,000 feet.

This scenario is described by Malaysian Airlines as "the flight route for MH17 had been declared safe by the International Civil Aviation Organisation, and the airspace was not subject to restrictions."

I expect we'd need the black box to confirm the altitude, as I've lost height in turbulence before, as a passenger.

From the ground, something that occurs, the pro-Russian separatists reported downing a military transport plane around the same time. If they hit the military plane, saw it come down, given how long it probably takes a big vehicle to come down from 33,000 feet, would it arrive in the same time frame that they would know it was part of the same action; or it could have been hit on the government side, and drifted on momentum to crash where it did.

KissMeImARebel likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Unfortunately, it's presumed by now that Russia has the black boxes.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    so you want to talk about black people being inferior via PM? I am confused.

12. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I think we should get back on topic here.

Were there any black people on the plane?

13. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    They were all black after being chargrilled

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah they're socks created by the mods to inspire fear and doom in the hearts of all users.

15. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    my favorite genesis song is "say it's alright, jew"

heels1785 likes this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi Juli. Or should that be D'Julius P. Faaaaaaaaaa!?!? Smith.

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    According to CNN, the Dutch are absolutely livid, as well they should be considering that most of the people on the plane were Dutch citizens. I've read that the Dutch are masters at using official channels to screw over other countries. I can well imagine that the Dutch will find a way to screw Putin.

Link 1

Link 2

18. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    What would have happened if ten Russians were aboard the plane?

19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    As has been pointed out, some people use humor to deal with horrible events. For example: I saw someone die. Me. Personally. I was witness to an event that resulted in a man (a husband and father, I later found out) being killed. The very first thought that came to my mind, once I could even think in words, was a reference to an in-joke amongst my friends.

Does that make me a horrible person? Maybe. But different people cope in different ways.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    [face_rofl]

Dude, the "I have black friends" line is the #1 go-to classic defense racists use. Good job on being a complete cliche.

A Chorus of Disapproval you promised you'd keep these... people out of the jcc.

21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Merk, I know you have a system of religious beliefs that would probably transcend and supersede any argument that I could make, but for what it's worth: no, I don't think that makes you horrible. I think that makes you human. I think we're flawed beings that project flawed values onto flawed systems that are often necessarily more complicated than we will ever comprehend entirely. And I think sometimes we recognize this and our minds revolt, so we seek solace in something more familiar - like humor, or sadness, or anger. I think it's wrong to pass judgement on people when this happens; I think it's a shame that man passes judgement on himself when it happens.

I dunno, basically I had a band instructor, very much a Christian, who was fond of saying "There was only one perfect man, and he's not in this room." I would extend that - "there are no perfect men, so of course they aren't in this room." Sometimes we think terrible things. Sometimes we know in some sense that they're terrible. But it's unavoidable.

22. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Ramza ... are you telling us ... in a roundabout way, of course ... that, this one time, at band camp...

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sadly none of my band camp anecdotes are that interesting.

24. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    A Dutch user on another forum was also saying that's the case. Says it's been all over Dutch tv today. Honestly I hope what you're saying is true about the Dutch having the resources to hold Putin's feet to the fire. Europe needs to be the one stepping up the pressure. I doubt Putin GAF about Malaysia, and the US is in the awkward situation of -- if it throws it's weight around a lot on this one -- looking like it's stirring up trouble with it's old enemy and/or being the world's bully.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Even if the maths are involved?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.