main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Man Formerly Know as Emperor--Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VadersMistress, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I am looking for Palpatine's first name. I have tried checking the Unofficial Guide, but it says the site is down. If this question has already been answered, please point me in the right direction and lock this thread.

Does he have a first name or does he suffer from a Madonna/Cher complex? ;)

Any information would be wonderful.

[face_good_luck]

Thank you!

VM

EDIT: Okay, enough comedy. Short answer is there is no first name. 'Nuff said.

- Herman

2. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I'm not sure, but I think that his name is Cos.

3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I thought it was Augustus? 8-} But then ff.n has him listed as E. Palpatine. :confused:

4. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    Cos was the first name of the Emperor in the earlier drafts of the story. His whole name was Cos Da****.

But the current Emperor doesn't have one. At least, not yet.

5. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I checked the Unofficial Guide a few days ago for my own reasons, but the entry just said Palpatine. And a cursory Google search gives the official line as being it is unrevealed as well as two possibilities Cos and Dantius (which are on the same page). So I think the answer to your question is only George Lucas knows and he's not telling.

6. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Much like Seinfeld, after several seasons of watching, we'll finally learn that Palpy's first name is Cosmo.

7. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    So Cos is short for Cosmo. Got it. :D

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    It's Humperdink. You should have asked me, my darling girl! Remember, your mother knows everything! [face_batting]

9. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    :rolleyes: Mother... ;)

Thank you so much everyone!

VM

10. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    My own theory...

His original name was Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft Palpatine of Ulm, Naboo. However, since this would by no means fit in the little "Candidate" column on the ballot during his first senatorial run (besides the fact that saying his name used up most of his advertising time and was eating into his campaign budget) , he legally shorted it to just Palpatine.

11. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    Javen-- Well, it makes sense. ;) Perfectly logical. :D

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    All this time I thought his mother named him after one of those famous one name only pop stars from Coruscant.

13. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    He secretly is, but the people running his campaign killed the popstar and destroyed all of the evidence to cover it up. ;) It was quite the scandal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.