Saga The Man from Chandrilla(WOTG Based AU)- updated 6/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthSeti5, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Title: The Man from Chandrilla
    Author(s): DarthSeti5
    Timeframe: TPM to post-ROTJ
    Characters: Original characters; very few features of
    Genre: Umm, it's a little of this a little of that
    Keywords:
    Summary: This is the story of a man named Pax Dellos. How he grew up, what he did, how he did it. I can't say much more without writing the whole story here.

What is War of the Galaxies? WOTG is the longest lasting, largest, most complicated RPG in the RPF's history. During the course of this massive game, an amalgam of plots and characters have emerged. Now WOTG is coming to a close and I have found myself lost. I've got a character that I've developed but have no where to continue his story.

FanFic seemed the logical place.

So, I'll introduce you to Pax Dellos: The Man from Chandrilla

Prologue
    "Darling, it's a boy," Gervia Dellos said to her husband, love in her eyes and her breast.

Jaque Dellos lifted the boy, still crying as it strained its minute body about in the hands of its father. "It's Pax."

Gervia began to weep, watching her life play out before her. She became overwhelmed with the scene. Time seemed to slow and she felt something wrong.

The doctors spent all their energy on the woman. All of their strength they poured into her. But it was to no avail. By week's end Gervia Dellos had died.

Few on Chandrilla weeped for the woman, her widowed husband, and her mother-less child. Another birth had occurred recently, that of Tarquin Seti, a new heir to the Seti line. Celebrations were being held at Castle Seti and in the fervor the Dellos had been forgotten. As they often were.

Dellos was not a name without prestige, but it was hardly what most would call noble. They were an ancient house, but a house that was in no texts. No children learned the name Dellos while in school as they did Seti. No one cared when a child was born Heir Dellos. No one bothered to come to the funeral save for the close family and friends of Dellos

"Gervia Dellos was one of the few people who, when faced with a political problem, applied love and care to it. One of the few people who loved her family more than herself. One of the few people who," Jaque tried to continue without allowing himself to be brought to tears, but this was a vain effort. Tears flooded down his face as he looked at the child sitting with his aunt. They moved down his face in chaotic patterns. Entered his thick beard. Clouded his vision. Jaque didn't know if he could ever see right again.

"She left us without reason, but not without cause. She left us with a legacy," the words were coming ever strained. "She left us with a baby boy. A boy who we will always love and cherish," now Jaque could hardly understand what he was saying himself. "A baby boy named Peace. Pax Dellos."

~ DS5
  2. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've edited in one of those things at the top of my story.

Should have Part One started sometime this evening.

~ DS5
  3. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Part One

"Look at him, Helen," Jaque spoke to his sister while looking at Pax playing outside. "Doesn't he look happy?"

"Of course he does. He's a Dellos," Helen said, looking at Jaque. A tear was forming in his eye. "You're thinking about Gervia, again, aren't you?"

Jaque didn't respond. He continued to watch his son. Pax was kicking a ball against the game wall behind their house. It changed colors in the air while it gain speed. Pax had gotten it half way up the spectrum, but couldn't break green. For days Pax had spent hours kicking the ball at the circle in the center of the wall. It was a Chandrillan child's exercise. The ball never would get past green. The real game was to get it in the target, which Pax had become good at.

"Oh how we deceive. We smile and smile and we're still all villains," Jaque thought to himself. He sighed.

"It's been five years . . . "

"And I still can't stop thinking of her. Every time I look at my son, I wonder what she would say as he grew. What she would think of him being five years old. I . . ." Jaque couldn't stand it anymore. He turned from the window and sat down.

"Jaque, I hate seeing you like this. You have to get past this."

"But I can't! I just can't. I can't be here and see him without thinking of her."

Pax finished with the ball, having grown tired of play. He ran inside and stood before his father. "Daddy, daddy! I still can't get blue!"

Helen looked at Jaque and then at Pax. The boy resembled his mother more than his father. She could see how Jaque saw Gervia in Pax.

Jaque picked Pax up and set him on his knee. "Really? Have you been doing your best?"

"Yes." Pax said, rasing his voice.

"Then you've won."

"But it's not blue yet." Pax insisted pointing out the window.

A tear formed in Jaque's eye as he watched his child grow.

"Daddy, why are you crying?" Pax inquired. He had the Dellos curiosity.

Jaque pulled Pax in close and hugged him. He would have to get past this, for his child's sake.

"I love you, Pax."

"I love you Daddy."
  4. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, I'll say what I've said in my bio:

I'm not a very good author/writer, I just have a story I want to tell. Feedback, both good and bad, is really necessary for me so I can get better at this whole writing thing.

Thanks in advance,

~ DS5
  5. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    A nice insight to one of the most unique characters to have been yielded from WOTG. Keep it up friend, I'd like to learn more of Pax Dellos: who the man REALLY, is. ;)
  6. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Future Unseen

"Welcome to Yaga Minor, Grand Moff Dellos," the sharp looking Lieutenant said to Pax as he exited the Imperial shuttle. The Lieutenant's curt Imperial bow was no more pressed than his slate gray uniform. "It's a pleasure to meet you at last, Grand Moff."

Pax waved him to his side as he walked slowly down the docking gang-way to the large doors of the Imperial Command Centre on Yaga Minor, the new seat of Imperial power in Oversector Outer.

"What is your name, Lieutenant?"

"Jensenson."

"And, Lieutenant Jensenson, can you possibly imagine the pain and death I've inflicted on a hundred worlds to quell the Rebel uprisings in the Mid and Outer Rims?"

The Lieutenant was hesitant to answer, but the tension in the air informed him that the Grand Moff desired some sort of response. Taking a moment to think, Jensenson looked at Pax's side and saw the legendary scimitar. It was legend for so many reasons. Jensenson recently saw a holo-documentary . . . that was it.

"I've seen the holovids, your Eminence . . . "

Pax stopped and turned to the Lieutenant. He was taller than Pax by at least three centimeters but he appeared to quiver at the sight of the Grand Moff looking him directly in the eyes. "Lieutenant Jensenson, do you know why I was granted the position of Grand Moff by His Imperial Majesty Emperor Jello?"

A moment passed between the two and Dellos spoke, "This is the part of our conversation where you nod your head 'no' and ask 'I do not, why Grand Moff?'"

"I d-do not, why Grand Moff?"

Pax took the bloodied sword out of its sheath and put the tip of it to the young, now terrified Lieutenant's throat. "This is why. Because I had the foresight to kill without mercy and by any means I felt appropriate. Because after I had killed I killed even more and more and more to accentuate my point to the Rebellion. Because I crushed the Rebellion beneath the force of my countenance and I will do the same to you. Do you understand?"

Jensenson was surprised how calm the Grand Moff had been while simultaneously he had caused all of Jensenson's training to disappear in a second. That was why he was the Grand Moff and Jensenson was a Lieutenant. Finally, he nodded his head. "Yes, your Eminence."

Pax drew the blade back and placed it back. "Take me to the palace and arrange for me to meet with the sector Moff. And have some tea ready."

"Yes, Grand Moff Dellos."

Will be adding on to Part One tomorrow.

~ DS5
  7. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Very nice indeed. I look foward to the update.
  8. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Part One- Continued

Pax's mind was elsewhere. It was difficult to listen to the tall, middle-aged teacher as she droned on about the second revolution of Chandrilla when the noble houses . . . or was it the first? Pax remembered that the nobles had played a part in the first, didn't he? Or maybe it was a different war? Maybe . . .

"Mister Dellos?"

Pax's attention was abruptly brought back to the classroom. Perhaps twenty others sat there and a few even looked at him. He brought his head slowly back from its fully reclined position which had been at a perfect vantage point to view the light-strips on the ceiling.

"Um, yes?"

"Do you know who the leading party in the second revolution was?"

"A noble?"

"Why yes mister Dellos, I believe some of my lesson may have gotten to you despite how alluring the lighting is," the woman turned back to the holo-board and began calling up images from the Revolution. "Can you guess which noble it was, mister Dellos?"

Pax thought. "Lord Dellos?"

The class laughed, but only for a moment. The teacher, Ms. Ferein was not pleased.

"Why don't we go over the illustrious history of House Dellos, Pax? Hmmm?"

Pax flushed and became acutely aware of his mistake. The laugh had gotten the class on his side and this grilling by the teacher might help him, but bringing to the class's attention his family's inadequacies was not what he had intended.

"No, ma'am."

"I didn't think so, Master Dellos," she said quite sarcastically. Weren't teachers supposed to be a bit more caring in the lower grades?

"May I continue without interruption from the Heir Dellos?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Pax began to stare at his desk and wished he was four again. Just playing with his ball outside. With his father. His father had become more and more distant. He hadn't been to any event on Chandrilla in at least two years. But now that the Seti heir was turning ten a huge birthday-ball was being held at Castle Seti, the old stronghold of the greatest house on Chandrilla. Maybe the answer was Seti. And maybe it was Dellos. Maybe it should have been Dellos. Maybe it will be Dellos.

For a few months Pax had been thinking about war and fighting. He thought about the wars going on now. The Republic and these Separatists. Pax had no opinion that was his own but he felt the Republic was right, defending itself from those who would try to bring her down. Pax admired Senator Amidala and Chancellor Palpatine, trying to save the galaxy. It was just like the serial-holos he watched. This hero and that one saving this planet and that one. It was all a mixed jumble but it made sense to Pax.

Through all of this Pax came to the conclusion that he should aim for a military career. It wouldn't be what his father wanted. It wouldn't be safe but it would be noble and he would be honored. All of the soldiers of Chandrilla were honored. Leaving the peace of their world to defend the peace of other's. Pax dreamed of going to the Academy and becoming a starship captain and going up against the Separatists. He even had the reason to believe that the war may be over. Pax accepted that. He would fight the pirates like Dec Hyper did in Star Lane.

"Captain Pax Dellos. Starship Capatain Pax Dellos. Yeah. That's me."

Pax's head reclined again and his mind brought forth images of him in captain's uniforms and on starships of the Republic.

Well, PoT, since you seem to be my only reader, I'd certainly like to hear what you think of this so far. Really what you think is wrong about this, if you'd please. :)

~ DS5
  9. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Part One will continue in a few days, I'm drafting it at the moment. In between there may be another Future Unseen if I can get around to it.

~ DS5
  10. Yomin_Carr Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonderful, DS5. My only complaint is that there isn't enough of it... Write more! :)
  11. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    *strolls in*

I always love backstories from WOTG players, because I already know that they have skills in writing and plot development. The same is true with your story.

Continue, by all means. It's off to a wonderful start. :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.