main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mandalorian Blitzkrieg [Spoilers for all Clone Wars material]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tam_Elgrin, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reverend_Tegoth

Reverend_Tegoth Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    Boba's daughter will hopefully make amends with her father and become a Mandalorian Supercommando.

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Thought you might say that. :D Which is why I said proper in my above post. ie. someone we can see in a mainstream novel or comic, not something only select buyers would have purchased some time ago, when SW paraphernalia was young.

Do I see Lumiya is today's or yesteryear's books and comics? No, only the infrequent cameo in a source book.

3. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Do the Neimoidians have a queen too? That would explain why Nute is a viceroy?

I still want to know why the Yevethan leader is called viceroy. There are hints in BFC that could just be a bad Basic translation of the actual Yevethan title. BUt the Neimoidians are a wellknown Republic member, so I doubt their viceroy can be explained by mistranslation.

For those who don't know, a viceroy is to a king (French "roy") what a VIce-president is to a President. So Nute must have a superior in the local Neimoidian government hierarchy. Incredible Locations mentioned a "Trade Monarch" I took to be Nute's superior, but all other sources indicate Nute himself is the Trade Federation head, meaning he would probably=the Trade Monarch.

Still, if Poggle, the Archduke under the Stalgasin Hive Queen, can be the local Baktoid leader, might the Trade Federation leader still answer to a local leader within the structure of his own hive [ie, Neimoidia]?

4. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Lucas has said he doesn't do female villians. Make of that what you will.

Dooku was originally a female Sith Lord. The concept for the female villain later became Assajj Ventress.

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    why does GL think so, I wonder? or does his wife influence him to not use her for a villain concept? lol

6. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Bear in mind that the Neimodians are an offshoot of the Duros.

As a kludge, it can be suggested that while the title is rendered "Viceroy" in Basic, it's understood semantically as something like "head of state" - it's simply that, whether or not there's a constitutional continuity, this was originally the title of the viceroys who governed the colony on behalf of the homeworld...

No? :)

- The Imperial Ewok

7. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    neat idea...

Viceroy not meaning second to the king, like viceroy Bail Organa of Alderaan!!! he is always portrayed as the alderaanian leader.

maybe this is explained that way, that there is no king, only a viceroy, because it is a democratic society and the "king", the true might shall lie in the hands of the people. democratic style interpretation.

but that would work for alderaan, I somehow can´t see the neimoidians as democratic.

8. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    To wit, there's this much from Lucas's own Phantom Menace screenplay, filmed but scissored out:

VALORUM
    What?...No!

This causes a great stir in the assembly. A loud murmur crescendos into a roar of approval and jeers. CHANCELLOR VALORUM is stunned and stands speechless.
    His Vice Chair, MAS AMEDDA, takes over.

MAS AMEDDA
    Order! We shall have order...

Things settle down a little. The Federation box settles next to AMIDALA. PRINCE BAIL ORGANA moves his box into the arena.

BAIL ORGANA
    Alderaan seconds the motion for a vote
    of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum.

MAS AMEDDA
    The motion has been seconded by Bail
    Organa of Alderaan.

MAS AMEDDA turns to the confused VALORUM, and whispers
    something to him.

BAIL ORGANA
    There must be no delays. The motion is
    on the floor and must be voted upon in
    this session.

"Prince" in addition to "Viceroy." Suspect we'll be seeing this carried over to Episode III, along in other secondary sources down the road.

9. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Viceroy means more literally, "one who stands in for a monarch", which, if the Trade Federation had taken control of Naboo, Nute would have.

The best example of a historical viceroys were the one who ruled the British Raj in the name of the King-Emperor.

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Nothing but male Sith . . .

Really, all these predomiant males in SW, I wonder why the ladies don't get annoyed. Maybe it's the older you are, the more old fashioned you retain . . . Or that it'd look offensive in some quasicosmic way to see the Kenobi and Sky get defeated by a woman (Dooku) in AOTC.

11. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    But Nute isn't viceroy of Naboo; he is viceroy of the Trade Federation [and/or of Neimoidia].

THe Duro theory sounds interesting. We know SOME sources claim Neimoidia was settled 25,000 years BBY, during the reign of Queen Rana of Duro. So maybe the title traces back to the 1st Neimoidian Viceroy under her, and the title was maintained even after Neimoidia's independence [which I would guess happened when the Duros monarchy was dissolved and Duro became a democracy].

12. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    The Neimoidians have a queen as of Labyrinth of evil! it was said so in the novel!

13. Lightsnake

Lightsnake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    You missed Kh'aris Fenn, executed by Quinlan Vos for his stealing from Dooku...and Mellor Yago, who led the mutiny at Rendili

14. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Yeah, I mentioned that it's only a partial list in the first post -

I?ve not got access to a lot of the more recent comics (Anything past the 4th CW TPB), Pursuit, the Clone Wars game, all the Insider HNNs, and a heap of the short stories.

As for regards to Sun Fac, it's very probable he'll die in the upcoming Republic Commando game.

15. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Confirmation from Abel over at the Mandalorian article thread - it was indeed Durge, just like I surmised. The drinks are on me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.