main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Many Thoughts of Ms. Jaina Solo ---Updated 7/14 Authors note

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Madame_Solo, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madame_Solo

Madame_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    Title: The Many Thoughts of Ms. Jaina Solo
    Timeframe: Post-Swarm War
    Characters: Jaina, Leia, Jag?? Wyn?? Both Wyns?? Soontir??
    Genre: Romance/Angst/Little bit o humor
    Keywords: Rehab, Journal, Jaina
    Summary: This is a story inspired partially by the Not Quite Love Letters (by someone on Fanfiction.com) and partially by I, Jaina Solo (Yoda Kenobi) and partially by my own coniving mind. It is post Swarm War, and revolves around the aspect that Jaina Solo is sent to a psychiatrist as part of her treatment after the Killiks incident and has to write a journal.
    Soon she will have to think about certain things and decide upon her actions, all with the helpful use of a journal as an output for her and for the entertainment of you.
    Notes: Work In Progress.

Comments, Criticism and Love is greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, suggestions or wish for a hard copy of the story so far.

Please enjoy

Madame Solo
    (Wraith name) -Flygirl

PM List
    SpiritofEowyn
    Solo--Wan
    ccp
    princess_melissa
    jasa

Just post in here if you'd like to be added to this list ^-^

2. Madame_Solo

Aug 27, 2005
    Journal Entry #1

After working with Cilghal to ?debugatize? me, I wound up being sent to a psychiatrist. And I mean sent in the most literal sense. My mother actually had my dad and my aunt restrain me, stick me in the back of a hovercraft and take me to the office of the renowned psychiatrist, Shana Mitwanga. Mom says I have some serious issues I need to deal with. I say she should look at some of her own issues first.
    That as it may be, this kriffing psychiatrist is the reason I am writing in here. Well, her actual words were, ?I think it would benefit you and your mental psyche to write your thoughts in a diary.? I?m not even joking. She said a diary. This woman is being paid who knows how much and her advice is to write in a diary.
    I quite seriously considered ignoring this ?insightful? advice, but go figure she told my mother. And since I?m being forced to stay in my parent?s house until I recover, Mom says I can either write in a journal about my feelings or talk to her about them. You can imagine why I chose the journal. Being forced to talk to one snoopy lady is enough, thank you.
    Well, seeing as I?ve done my duty, and also that it is late, I?m going to go to bed, aka: stare at the ceiling and think about all the problems in my life.

-Jaina Solo out

3. Madame_Solo

Aug 27, 2005
    Journal Entry #2

Today?s session was not what I would describe as ?fruitful.? It has always been my understanding that psychiatrists are supposed to let the patients do the talking, not the other way around. But apparently Dr. Mitwanga just loves the sound of her own nasally voice. A few words into my answers of her questions she would interrupt and go on to recite a lengthy explanation of what my answer could mean, or how maybe it has to do with relationship problems with my mother, or that perhaps it is an insight from the force. At the end of these spiels, she would ask another question, hence repeating the process all over again.
    In a vain attempt to actually heal my psyche, I am going to answer a few of her more sensible questions in here, with the hope that I might come to some conclusions.

Question one: Tell me about your relationship with your parents.

I never actually knew that psychiatrists really asked this question, but here it goes. It is hard to categorize my relationship with my parents as one thing, seeing as it differs greatly depending on the parent in question. My father-daughter relationship is probably the best to start with.
    Although many people call me ?Daddy?s Girl,? I don?t think they realize exactly how much of a block there is between us. Sure, I take after him in many ways, but that doesn?t mean we?re very emotionally connected. Even when I want to tell him things, confide in him, I find that I can?t. It isn?t that I distrust him or don?t love him, I simply realize that most of the things I go through he couldn?t possibly understand.
    Jag for instance. How could I ever talk to him about how I was unsure about the level of commitment I wanted to give to that relationship, or how I was afraid that I would have to choose between Jag and my family? See, there are just some things I could never tell my father. And that is why there is such a gap. We are both unwilling to fill it, both too afraid of what we might find. We are both afraid that we might let the other person down. And that, in essence, sums up the relationship I share with my father.

My mother now, she is a completely different story. Our fights are notoriously over exaggerated. Sure, we have our quips, and they might happen more often then some peoples, but we still love and respect each other. Even though there are some issues we disagree on, she has always been my advocate concerning men.
    I think one of the main reasons Jag isn?t dead or castrated is the fact that my mom held back Dad. And whenever there are breakups or fights, she?s always there to wipe away my tears.
    Maybe she?s a little disappointed that I don?t take after her except in the looks department, but she never shows it. The only time she ever acts disappointed is when she?s justified, when I do something stupid. Take the whole Killiks ruckus for example. The way I treated everyone was horrible, and I?m glad my mother called me out on it.
    Basically Mom and I have a weird relationship, but not one that?s utterly terrible. Not one as bad as everyone thinks.

-Jaina Solo out.

next up: Jaina answers the question about her brothers, being a Jedi and eventually...the love interests [face_whistling]

4. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Interesting way of telling a story, through short journals. I look forward to seeing how you approach the next chapter. FEEL the angst.
    Very strong voice! :D

5. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    What a great plot bunny!! I can't wait to read the rest of this.

I think one of the main reasons Jag isn?t dead or castrated is the fact that my mom held back Dad.

A truer statement has never been made about the Jag-Jaina-Han triad. [face_laugh]

Great start!

oldj

6. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    *smirks*

An excellent job, Flygirl...

Please, feel free to continue sending this my way...

I rather enjoy betaing... ;)

Jasper [face_good_luck]

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Great job :D

More, more I say =D=

8. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Beautiful! The Jedi are actually trying to help Jaina, rather than just saying "OK! you're magically healed! Thank the Force!"

One must wonder if DN would have happened, if all the YJK were sent to get sikoanalized and/or other forms of actual help.

but alas....

This is going great Madame_Solo and I'm looking forward to more.

9. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Wow that was good, can't wait to read more

10. Madame_Solo

Aug 27, 2005
    Thanks everyone!
    I'll do my best to update regularly, but with school and all...you know. After Mock Trial season is over it will be a lot better, but I'll still try!!
    In fact, I have tommorow off, so maybe I'll work- :D

Oh, and thanks Jaspar, I'd love having you be my regular beta ^-^
    -Flygirl

11. Madame_Solo

Aug 27, 2005
    So, the next post is being looked over by my "Official Beta" (Jaspar) and will probably be posted by tommorow afternoon/morning/who knows when cause I'm hardly going to be home.

Be prepared for some words of jealousy...

12. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great start! I can't wait to see more!

13. Madame_Solo

Aug 27, 2005
    Alright, before I post I have a few things to announce.
    First of all, I sketched out an outline last night of where I wanted this story going, and it looks like it's going to be 14 Journal entries long plus a conclusion. Some of the entries might get split in half though, cause they're going to get longer as Jaina becomes more and more dependent on her journal.
    Second thing: This story is officially going to be a Romance. I know, I know, sorry to all the readers who hoped they could for once be free of the stories that force you to choose only one of Jaina's love interests. But I just wasn't sure how long I could go on like it is now. Eventually Jaina is going to get bored of it too and start doing stuff besides rehabilitating. So it's going to be a romance, but as for who, you don't get to know yet. Entry #4 will pretty much clear that up for you.

If you have any suggestions or complaints, feel free to post them here or PM me. Thanks for such a great start of readership <3

And now, onto the next entry....

Journal Entry #3

Surprisingly, today?s session wasn?t a complete bore. First off I?d like to say that I was generally surprised, because Dr. Mitwanga hasn?t asked me the question that almost every stranger or admirer I come across asks: What?s it like to be the daughter of the galaxy?s heroes, the granddaughter of the feared Darth Vader and the niece of a Jedi Master? In fact, what?s it like having almost every single person you know be famous? So even though she hasn?t asked this question, I?m going to give a short answer anyway.

Imagine if every person you knew and loved was adored by the entire galaxy. Would that change how you feel about them? Would you love them any more or any less? Cause really, in the long run, all these heroes are just people, and they have the same qualities to hate and love as everyone does. So what?s it like when your entire family is famous? They?re still your family. It?s just a little odd when the Holonet makes movies out of your life as well as the lives of your family and friends.

The second reason today?s session wasn?t a complete waste, besides the fact I actually got to speak a few sentences, is because we discussed my brothers. For the first time in my life it felt like someone understood how I felt. And having Dr. Mitwanga tell me that these feelings were normal made me feel a lot less crazy, so here?s the first question.

Question two: Describe your present relationship with your twin brother.

The only way I can answer that question is by looking back. What makes me the saddest, what makes me wonder what has happened to my brother, is when I look back and see how happy he was, and how close we were to each other. But now? what is he? I mean really, what has he become? He scares me so much sometimes, how easily he can lie or how he does just? plain ol? bad things, all in the name of ?the will of the Force.?

Who is he to know what the Force wants? What makes him so kriffing special? It always seems as if he and Anakin are the ?all powerful? ones, the great Jedi. Who?s to say I can?t hear the ?will of the Force? just as well as he can? Okay, sure, the Killiks incident wasn?t the best judgment of? well, my judgment, but can?t a girl make a few mistakes? I don?t know, it just seems as if my brothers always get the recognition.

Besides, it?s not only that, Jacen is just so? so powerful. And not only does he have the power, but he uses it. It?s incredibly scary, and I really do worry for his and our safety. On that happy thought, let?s look at the next question.

Question three: And what about your deceased brother, Anakin?

Anakin? what do I feel about him anymore? It?s not to say that I don?t miss him; nor is it that I don?t still mourn his death. But? it?s such an old wound. It really only bothers me every once and while. Sometimes I feel bad that I?m not dwelling on him anymore, but then I figure that?s not what he would want. But the feelings that I?m really ashamed of are the feelings of jealousy.

Don?t get me wro

14. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great post! Poor Jaina feels like she's the screw up of the family. Maybe the therapist can help her come to terms of who she is.

15. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Good Job.
    :D

I'll keep reading as long as you keep posting.

Add me to your PM list if you have one.

16. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Interesting outlook on Anakin...

As well, the whole thing where her brothers get more recognition than her, and she has the same Force potential is a very interesting concept.

Next post please. :)

17. Madame_Solo

Aug 27, 2005
    Wynssa Starflare
    Great post! Poor Jaina feels like she's the screw up of the family. Maybe the therapist can help her come to terms of who she is.
    This is a very good idea. I will probably incorporate it someway =D
    I started working on the next post, and I think that she is definitly given some insight towards who she is.

SpiritofEowyn
    Good Job.
    Why thank you :D
    I'll keep reading as long as you keep posting.
    Well then, I guess I'll just have to keep on posting!
    Add me to your PM list if you have one.
    I do not, however I can start one if you wish. Do I simply PM you when I update my story, or...? Sorry, never had to have one before :(

Kidan
    Interesting outlook on Anakin...
    Yeah well, my aunt died a few years back and I knew that this was a lot of what my mother had to deal with. You get caught in this emotion where you don't want to slander them because you love them, but you also know that they really weren't as great as everyone says. They were human. I've been waiting to incorporate this into a story for awhile, glad I finally got it in :D
    As well, the whole thing where her brothers get more recognition than her, and she has the same Force potential is a very interesting concept.
    Yeah, i always thought that it was funny how Jacen and Anakin are always looked at as being the "Strongest of the Force" and yet Jaina is twins with one of them, and probably has just as much potential as they do. Maybe she just decided to distribute her talents differently, what with the flying. Glad you thought it was interesting!
    Next post please.
    Okay, I'll work on it [face_peace]

So, I'll start a PM list if you guys want where I'll PM you when I put a new post up. I'll keep it in the first post and update it there. Anyone else interested?

Also, rough draft of the next entry is done. I'm going to sit on it for awhile cause it's a big one, but you'll see it pretty soon.

Thanks for the love,
    Flygirl

18. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    Hey. jJust found this and it's pretty good.

19. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    ^^same here...found it--liked it. keep it up!!!

20. Madame_Solo

Aug 27, 2005
    Thanks for the support everyone!

skywalkerlover00
    Hey. jJust found this and it's pretty good.
    I'm glad you like it! Thanks for commenting ^-^

Corellian Cutie
    ^^same here...found it--liked it. keep it up!!!
    Glad you found it, and even gladder you like it! I'm going to do my best to stick it through!

Next post has been sent to my beta, Barefoot_XO. Should be ready to put up soon!
    Thanks everyone @};-

21. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Yep, just PM people who ask to be PMed when you update saying " The Many Thoughts of Ms. Jaina Solo" has been updated- here is the link.

22. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I missed a post [face_blush]

Great job :) I really like how Jaina is so honest with her words :)

23. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I really enjoy your "take" on Jaina. Her introspection tells a lot about her conflicting emotions.

Excellent!

24. Madame_Solo

Aug 27, 2005
    Spirit of Eowyn
    Yep, just PM people who ask to be PMed when you update saying " The Many Thoughts of Ms. Jaina Solo" has been updated- here is the link.
    Gotcha, thanks for the help!

Chimpo
    I missed a post
    :eek: how dare you! [face_beatup] Just kidding, thanks for reading! @};-
    Great job I really like how Jaina is so honest with her words
    I figured that Jaina, being a Jedi and all, could manage to hide her diary well and so wouldn't mind being so honest. Not to mention she can be straight forward anyways ^-^;;

oldj
    I really enjoy your "take" on Jaina. Her introspection tells a lot about her conflicting emotions.
    Excellent!

Thanks, I like to think I have a good take of Jaina, although I'm not sure if she would agree. Conflicting emotions indeed! Poor girl... glad you like her "looking inside herself" though! Thanks for reading ^-^

25. Kyphater13

Kyphater13 Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2006
    there is going to be an update soon? cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.