main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The map to Luke Skywalker...isnt a map to Luke Skywalker.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Argalin, Dec 22, 2015.

1. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Force dream. (I can't remember if this is an EU thing or canon but that's what I'm thinking.) Like she's always known where he was bu never knew it.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  2. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    I think you can definitely run with some connection to the Force. She has incredibly vivid images when she touches the saber. Ren speaks to her being lonely, and when she does sleep having dreams, and thats when he touches upon the image of the islands etc. Remember, the Force surrounds us and binds us... we are all connected, and someone truly powerful with the Force (whether they know it or not) has a connection to everything around them.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"

4. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Chewie's getting old, and he looks silly wearing Depends.

5. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    One has to wonder how the waypoints/tracks got into the map in the first place. If the location is so remote to be uncharted, the Temple so old to be "lost" from all galactic cultures, then could it be that Lor San Tekka pieced it together himself over the decades that Luke was gone? The man is an enigma! If he was into "All Things Force-Related" as we have understood it since December 18, 2015, then maybe he meditated on it for some time and slowly pieced the waypoints/tracks together. Meditating and finding little scraps of clues here and there during his quiet contemplations with the Force. What if the map and waypoints/tracks were his own creation? Think of Lor San Tekka as a monk helping the Resistance by spending his time in silent meditation for years, communing with the Force, using his intuition to guide the creation of the map to Luke Skywalker.

AmySolo likes this.
  6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I think it's much simpler than that. Luke found/pieced together a map that showed the way to the first Jedi Temple - or to what might be the first Jedi Temple. He split it up and entrusted one part to Artoo.
    The other part, the most critical one, he gave to Rey before using a mind trick to block her memories and sending her to Jakku. That part was stolen from her by Unkar Plutt and years later ended up in the hands of Lor San Tekka.
    That's why it's no coincidence that he found it on Jakku, the very planet that Rey happened to be on.

Artoo, of course, had been instructed by Luke to show his part of the map once he'd been reunited with Rey (who was supposed to have the other part).

7. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    This is not correct. :)

CairnsTony likes this.
  8. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Spoilsport, I liked the theory =((

Lulu Mars likes this.
  9. Unit51

Unit51 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    I'd have been more happy if it had been a location as opposed to a map. Split the intelligence so it would be more difficult to discover Luke's location. Give R2 a chip that reads "Ear" and Lor San Tekka has one that reads "th" and off you go.

More importantly;
    I'm all eyes! A google search of a few combinations of Luke, map, Skywalker and various other keywords didn't really yield much to me. The closest thing I got to a meme was this:
    [​IMG][/quote][/quote]

Cantina Regular likes this.
  10. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Of course it's correct :) It's the only scenario that makes real sense - that, or some variation of it.

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Chewie is actually still young for a Wookie. :p

12. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016

I agree with this first part, but according to wookieepedia Lor San Tekka helped Luke find Jedi lore when he was setting up his new temple. So Luke already knew Lor, so entrusted the map piece to him when he left Rey on Jakku.

I also think R2-D2 wakes up because Luke wakes him up remotely (either wight he force or by remote control), as he must have felt the things going on through the force, just as Leia felt the Hosnian system's demise & Han's death, and Snoke & Ren felt Rey's awakening, Luke must have felt these events too.

13. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Actually.... if you had a map that just shows one or two star systems, it could probably me matched with MILLIONS of star systems in a galaxy with literally BILLIONS of stars.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  14. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Didn't Abrams already say why R2 reactivated? Earlier in the film, BB-8 nudges him to try and wake him, and asks about the map info. R2 is in low-power mode, not off, so he searches his archives and begins a reboot process. Takes a while to find what he is looking for and get everything awake.

AmySolo likes this.
  15. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Really? Huh, that's interesting. That's the kind of thing that could've been made clearer. I guess that's one of many red herrings JJA threw at us, though (although why would he explain it then?).

Luke entrusting the map piece to Lor San Tekka doesn't exactly rhyme well with "Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke's whereabouts".

16. OliffWanKenobi

Jan 13, 2016
    Did he? Oh well I must have missed that! ^:)^

17. OliffWanKenobi

Jan 13, 2016
    Maybe it will become clearer when Luke actually speaks in VIII.

18. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I certainly hope so :)
    Nothing to do but wait and see!

OliffWanKenobi likes this.
  19. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    i made a map which shows ahch_to
    [​IMG]

AshiusX likes this.
  20. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    Doesnt "what the f is the deal with map" after TFA fall under the exact same category after ANH as "why is obi wan Leia's last hope and how does he prove this exactly". Its fairly convenient R2 accidently gets caught and sold to the guy whos being looked after by Obi Wan too.
    Its a fantasy movie. Nothing in the Force Awakens is more convinent than anything in any other Star Wars

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's a map to the basement of the Alamo obviously.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Well if Luke was researching the location of the First Jedi Temple wouldn't he seek the help of the foremost expert?

I figure LST kept a copy and when Poe contacted him he reassembled the route he took to get there and stored the information on that flash drive how was the First Order to know they'd accidentally burn down the entire village and Kylo would kill the only person who actually knew?!:oops:

Fat midichlorian likes this.
  23. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    I thought it was a map of the unknown regions. I don't know if this is canon anymore but the Empire sent numerous teams into uncharted territory to further expand their power. I assume the 'map' everyone is looking for is the final piece of this top secret imperial expansion

24. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I think it would be interesting if Ahch-To was in the unknown regions, but Kylo was looking for the map so he could find Luke.
    "The map to Skywalker. We know you've found it, and now you're going to give it to the First Order."

I believe the sending people to the unknown regions were mentioned in Aftermath, so it is canon.

Cantina Regular likes this.
  25. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    It's a map to snoke. He's still weak. Watch how snoke reacts when they mention that the rebels have the droid. Snoke just got out of carbonite.