main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mark Hamill talk

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by Dark Lady Mara, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I was so, so amused when Hamill asked whether his character was dead in the EU. So fans started shouting out, "yes, 140 years in the future," and Hamill replied, "I guess no matter how well I take care of myself I'm a goner." [face_laugh] Hilarious talk. Me, Erwin, Johanna, Berg, and Senny had very nice seats in the second row, so we made good use of the two-minute photo period at the beginning, too. :p Anyone else there?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Tim and I were there but your seats were much better - we were in the 'raked' section but not too far up. We got in line about an hour before the show and we were way back near the Official Store in the line. I thought the talk was pretty good.

3. npgrace

npgrace Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    I was there too. Last row of the floor section. Great panel. One of the best from the Celebrations this year.

4. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Yes, we pretty much had the best seats in the house.

Too bad Mark took himself a tiny bit too serious and was trying to impress us all by showing off with his acting skills...

5. Harmonicana80

Harmonicana80 Jedi Master

Apr 24, 2007
    TLJ Edit: no reason to be like that

6. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    Wow, did somebody break your Luke action figure at CE? You sound a bit bitter..

7. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    we had crappy seats and marks performance,if you will,was fabulous.
    he's a born entertainer,although for eighty five quid a pop,i'd have him up there doing poledancing,for that kind of money...
    he was funny,irreverant,ironic-not bad for an american-and was above all GENUINE.
    his opinions regarding the SE and the PT were honest and cutting,he obviously has a huge regard for his fellow actors,from ford to hagon,and he seems to have very little in the way of hollywood ego.
    despite the eighty five quid price tag.
    and he's the bigggest ff-uk-ing comic book geek i've ever met.
    i was the one who shouted 'on infinite earths'...
    it was me,i tell you!

8. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    Well, I still had a blast at his show since it was Mark Hamill, Luke, on stage after all. For me he is the biggest star of the OT afterall.

9. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Great talk - Mark was top notch all weekend! That footage we saw in the Hamill talk was cool too - anyone know where we can get it?

10. GannerRhysode19

GannerRhysode19 Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2007
    Mark was hilarious, honest, and downright entertaining. I don't mind waiting so long in the queue, it was worth it just to hear his 'Charlie' rant. And his Family Guy Story. and Jay and Silent Bob's saber duel. Warwick was good this weekend, but nothing I attended quite matched up to Mark Hamill, the man's a genius.

11. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Oh, don't get me started on the price he was charging for his autograph. That was completely absurd. I had thought at first it was so high because the event managers or some agency or something was taking a big chunk of the money, but I've since heard he was supposed to get something like 70 quid out of the 85 charged for each autograph. That definitely made me resent him a bit, because he sure as hell doesn't need that much money. It was still an enjoyable talk, though. I just chose not to get an autograph from him after. :p

I can understand why he was making such a big deal of his voice acting skills, though. He's very typecast already, and he wants to make sure fans know he can do other roles aside from Luke Skywalker. I think he's a great actor and probably could have gotten a lot more big movie roles had it not been so hard for viewers to think of him as anyone other than Luke. When I see him in another movie, I just think, oh look, it's Luke with a beard. :p

12. Berg

Berg Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2002
    I agree and I will include Celebration III as well. I like the way he answered the questions, not only a Billy Dee yes or no. So for me Mark Hamill was the best session that I have attend at even though I got a good personal memory from Anthony Daniels show.

13. FitKisto88

FitKisto88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    The stuff he was doing currently sounded very interesting. I hope he gets to make "The Black Pearl" like he plans (Though I bet the studio asks him to change the name, to avoid confusion with the first Pirates of the Caribbean Movie)

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    This was definitely my favourite talk, it was really good. And thankfully not too much of "thank you for being here, I'm grateful, yada yada" that I was expecting when it came to the audience questions. And yes, I was one of the people shouting to him that he was dead, I had to correct the guy in the front line who said that it was around 200-300 years after the films.

15. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I couldn't get in for this so was really dissapointed but loved his little piece at the opening ceremony!

16. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Best talk I saw over the whole weekend, loved it when he went into character with the whole "this ones for you charlie" thing :p

17. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Possibly the best talk I've ever been too. I loved how honest he was, and how entertaining he was.
    Nice cameo from you too Jamie, lol.

18. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Fixed and another big thanks for holding those two seats! [:D]

funnily enough, my foremost memories were from his opening ceremony speech - the "one thing to do and can't get it right" thing, and doing the Joker voice :D

Still, highly enjoyable - though I think despite the second row seats all my pics are crap :p

19. DARKSHREDI

DARKSHREDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2001
    What was the Family Guy story?

20. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    He offered to do the voice of Obi-Wan as well for a SW sequence in Family Guy because he thought the original sucked, then found out the show's creator had been the one who'd done it.

I liked how Johanna and I screamed "140!!!" in unison, too. :p

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    The wave in the queue before Mark's talk was the best. :p

22. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah, FanForce pwnt the world with the wave.

"Don't **** with the Jedi Master son." :p

23. Darth_Chrisious

Darth_Chrisious Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2007
    man, i missed his talk, it was the one thing I really wanted to see that I didn't see

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Put it in my sig. :D That was just awesome.

25. Qui-Ton-Set

Qui-Ton-Set Jedi Master star 2

May 7, 2006
    Oh the queue wave! Man that was hard work!!!! got there in the end. I was the guy shouting round the corner to keep it going!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.