main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Martial Force--- UPDATED 1/22/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Player, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Player

Player Jedi Knight

Jun 1, 2006
    A/N: I own nothing, even the characters I make up don't really belong to me as they're in another's universe. This story will chronicle the life of a young Chiss who abandons her life in the Ascendancy for one with the Jedi on an unknown planet, hidden from the Chiss and Galactic govt's alike. Along her way she finds an odd teacher from an ancient holocron, and in doing so ignores all aspects of the Force except those of which she excells, in The Martial Force.

---

Chapter One: Training Day

The frantic drumming of flight boots on hard durasteel pavement echoed down the long corridor separating the dormitories from the launch hangar. Along with the rapid and labored breaths of a single pre-teen girl, the heavy footsteps were the only thing to be heard in the vacant hall.

She?d be chastised for her tardiness, surely, but it would be far worse if she?d not shown up at all. Today was to be her first time making an actual, real-life, non-simulated, hyper-space jump, and missing such a lesson would be detrimental to her future at the academy. The shame it would bring on her family?she couldn?t bear to think about it. She was the first to be accepted into the academy from her long line of ancestry; if she failed it would be generations before another of her clan might be accepted again.

The bright orange flight suit contrasted sharply with her pale blue skin. She was much lighter than the average Chiss, most likely a result of a long-dead ancestor having joined with a human -- another of the reasons that her family was so hard-pressed for favors in the military-driven Chiss Society. Her flight goggles bobbed up and down around her neck, while wisps of elegant blue hair swirled around her ears and occasionally caught in her lips. Beneath the goggles and her flight-suit, nestled tightly against her breast, she could feel the cool sapphire stone her mother had entrusted her with when she?d shipped off to the academy nearly two years prior.

It was the only thing she had left of her mother, who?d been killed within a month of her daughter?s departure. She still didn?t know the details of her mother?s demise, only that she no longer numbered among the living. It was her steadfast dedication to her mother, and her family name, that drove her through her rigorous training, even if she had the momentary lapses like the one she was now experiencing.

Although she?d be telling the truth if she blamed her tardiness on the fact that she?d spent the entire night studying for their hyperspace test today, the young Chiss knew it would be of no consequence -- there were no excuses in the Chiss Ascendancy.

She rounded the final corner in a full sprint and burst through the swinging doors into the massive hangar a full ninety seconds late. Quickly scurrying over to the group of eleven students already receiving their instructions, she breathed a sigh of relief that they?d at least not already lifted off.

??and the coordinates will be sent to you as soon as we leave atmosphere. You will plot them in your nav and go through the proper calculations, and on my count everyone will make the jump together. When we are all at our destination, each of you will plot your own course back to base, I will not be assisting you. There is very real danger in this exercise, and no rescue team will be sent to those of you who cannot correctly plot your jump. Is this understood??

?Yes sir!? All twelve aspiring soldiers responded, eleven male voices joined by the one female, all in perfect military posture, with arms held straight down at their sides, backs rigid and straight.

?Very well. We lift off in exactly ten minutes. Good luck.?

All of the students saluted, then broke apart to fire up their engines and prepare for their test.

?Ensign Clar?saw?nadu.? The commander said, and the ensign spun around instinctively.

?Sir.?

?You will have one week of kitchen clean-up duty after this exercise?should you return from it. Dismissed.?

?Sir.?

She saluted and spun around, grateful

2. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    hmmmm... Holocron? Sith? or Jedi?

Great job!

This looks really interesting is there a PM list and can i be added to it?

PHGS Weyr

3. Player

Player Jedi Knight

Jun 1, 2006
    Umm...I'm new to this, what's a PM list?

4. Player

Player Jedi Knight

Jun 1, 2006
    A/N: Well hopefully this'll start to catch on, I hope everyone enjoys Chapter Two!

---

Chapter Two: Frustrations

Sawn was angry, Sawn was agitated, and Sawn was frustrated. Currently she was on her knees, scrubbing the kitchen floors in the Chiss Ascendancy Base. She?d been fairly proud of herself when she landed her claw craft in the hangar bay a week prior, ready to relate her tale of finding her way back to base from Republic space.

To say she?d been slightly dismayed when she learned that all the students had faced the same peril, and all returned more quickly than her, would be an understatement. Her cheeks burned as hot as the triple suns of Frist?uckus when she realized how dumb she?d been.

As she dipped her scrub brush into the soapy water yet again she tried to fight away the horrible feeling of inferiority to her compatriots. Sure Rocky would try and convince her otherwise from time to time, pointing out that she could defeat even him in martial combat, but his beliefs fell on deaf ears. A Chiss was measured by his -- or in Sawn?s case her -- ability in a starfighter. Of course there were plenty of famous Chiss in other aspects, from Mitth?raw?nuruodo?s legendary tactical prowess to Sin?pra?bado?s unmatched skill in hand-to-hand combat, but they were exceptional cases. For the common, average soldier, like Sawn -- below average she remembered -- only the starfighter?s were truly respected.

And all of that was only the tip of her frustration. The real problem laid with the mysterious object she?d found floating in the space surrounding Lehon. What was it? She knew it was more than just a blocky triangle. If the glyphs and symbols didn?t give it away, it was the aura surrounding it that betrayed its power.

Sawn couldn?t explain it, she didn?t understand it, but somehow she knew this thing had untold amounts of power inside it. In fact, she was afraid its obvious power would startle or attract some of the other students, instructors even, but so far no one had found it, it lay nestled safely in a corner of the closet in her private quarters, awaiting her return.

She knew nothing about it, aside from its structure. She determined from careful examinations of the seams between each side that it probably opened up to reveal something hidden inside. But what was in there? Some kind of orb or gem of incredible wealth? Some kind of weapon? She didn?t know, but she couldn?t wait to find out.

?Clar?saw?nadu,? Spat the Chiss supervisor overlooking her chores. ?You are not concentrating. Use wider, more fluid movements to cover more ground.?

?Yes sir.? She said, biting her tongue against saying more. She knew the Chiss supervisors were just as hard on the other recruits as they were on her, but it didn?t make it any easier to take.

She tried to do as she was told, but the man?s biting tone upset her, she was only a child, her emotions were still raw and unbalanced. She scrubbed in wide, long arcs, hoping that she was pleasing the Chiss Commander while at the same time knowing she was failing.

?No no no!? Scolded the Commander, marching forward and vice-gripping her arm in his grasp. He forced her arm painfully into the same wide arcs she?d just completed, squeezing her skin and bringing tears to her eyes. ?Like this!?

He motioned back-and-forth in motions that didn?t seem any different to her than the one?s she?d been performing earlier. ?Yes sir.? She whispered, accepting her punishment and trying to hold back the tears of pain and shame that threatened to well up inside her.

?What was that ensign? I cannot understand you when you speak weakly.?

?Y-yes sir.? She tried to repeat, speaking more loudly but failing miserably in keeping her voice calm.

?Snap to attention Ensign! I should whip you for your weakness!?

It was all she could do to bite back a sob, but Sawn tried to straighten her back and flatten her arms to her sides, her trembling shoulders, however, gave her away. She tried to ignore it, preten

5. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    That was very cool!

Thanks for the PM! A PM list is where you send out messages to people who want to know when you've updated without having to actually spot the date on the title. (basically means i can be lazy).

Very interesting, i look forward to the next post!

PHGS Weyr

6. Player

Player Jedi Knight

Jun 1, 2006
    A/N: Well this chapter is a bit of a drag, but I promise it gets a whole lot better after this. I'd also like to send out my thanks to PHGS Weyr, the only person who seems to be reading this, lol. Hope some others of ya start to catch on. Peace!

Chapter Three - Escape

A few hours later, inside the cool Expansionary Library, stowed deep away inside the icy Chiss homeworld of Csilla, Sawn realized what a daunting task she now faced. Despite their technological prowess, the Chiss still believed the written word to be the most appropriate conveyor of thoughts. As such, the library was as large as a warship and filled to the brim with an innumerable amount of books. Sure there were computer terminals that organized the information and set her in the right direction, but that would only help so much, especially as she didn?t know what she was looking for.

She began by snagging every resource she could find about the Lehon System, and buried herself in book after book for useful information. She didn?t find much. As the system and planet existed outside of Chiss Space, they hadn?t cared to collect much information on the planet, though one thing about it did stand out.

Apparently the final battle of a great war between the Jedi and Sith was fought in the space over Lehon, with the JedI emerging victorious. The planet seemed to be forgotten in time after that -- over a millennia ago -- all intelligent species having deserted it, Lehon simply hung in space without purpose.

At least that much made sense as far as why it had been chosen as a jump spot for her training, there would be no traffic or interference there.

The world had likely not even been visited for more than a course change in hyperspace jumps since the great battle. So Sawn assumed whatever it was she had laying on the desk next to her must be over one thousand years old. Amazing.

The Jedi most commonly associated with the war were Jedi Master Revan, Sith Lord Malak, and Jedi Knight Bastilla. Of the three, Sawn found the first two the most intriguing, and Revan the most of all. Apparently this Revan -- and Malak as well - had been heroic Jedi Knights, only to fall to the dark side, and begin a war with the Republic. Revan was betrayed by Malak and believed to be dead, only to rise again as a true Jedi and destroy Malak, restoring peace to the galaxy. Revan soon thereafter disappeared, and was never seen nor heard from again.

All very interesting, but none of it had to do with this little triangle, aside from the fact that it?d been found in the same system as Revan and Malak?s war. And she didn?t even know how accurate these stories might be. She knew the Force existed, all Chiss grudgingly accepted that fact, but she?d never seen it in action, as for whatever reason the Chiss did not seem to breed force sensitives with any kind of regularity, so the allure of the Jedi was lost on many of them.

Still, something told her these events were connected. The Jedi and the Sith, perhaps even Revan and Malak themselves, were directly connected to this strange object she?d found, and she would not leave this library until she knew the answers.

And so she studied. She read everything she could find on Revan and Malak, but to no avail. She read thick books filled with words she didn?t know the meanings of but doubted they?d of made a difference if she did. Every mention of Lehon, Revan, and Malak died at the great battle.

She tried to trace lines and lineages, but none of the three had any known descendants, and Sawn started to develop a nagging feeling that she was focusing too much on these three individuals, she was making to many assumptions; she was missing something.

She realized that she?d strayed from her original purpose, and that was discovering the identity of her triangular object. She knew it was related to the Force somehow, and refused to give up. She tried to think logically, but her brain wasn?t processing anything useful. If she couldn?t come up with it on her own, she?d have to fi

7. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    hmmm... another chiss force sensitive?

Great job again player this is a fascinating plot... I can't wait to see if the Holocron is Sith or Jedi.

Maybe Malaks? Or Bastilla's?

I can't wait for the next part, thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

8. Player

Player Jedi Knight

Jun 1, 2006
    Chapter Four - Discoveries

?Alright, reverting from hyperspace in three, two, one??

Right on cue, the long starlines disappeared, and were replaced by glimmering white specks draped against the dark backdrop of never-ending space. The system?s sun blazed a fiery orange millions of kilometers off in the distance, blanketing the hemisphere of the planet Sawn and her companion now flew towards in light.

Master Jace, the man who?d discovered her on Csilla, sat in the pilot?s chair beside her, punching in landing coordinates, adjusting flaps, and messing around with whatever other procedures there were to piloting the ship. Sawn somehow imagined this would be a more majestic and all-encompassing experience; dropping out of hyperspace to lay her sea-blue eyes on her new home planet for the first time, seeing the rest of her life unfold as they swooped through crystalline rivers and layers of emerald tree canopies.

Unfortunately, the planet was mostly barren, huge wastelands scarred the majority of the surface, only a sparse few green societies could be seen, mostly on the outskirts of the planet?s wide and vast oceans. The rickety freighter jinked and juked as if they were trying to throw off pursuing enemy fighters, but in reality it was just a near thirty year-old ship that?d been crashed and repaired more times than Sawn thought she could count.

It took an hour from reversion to reach the Academy, most of it spent in an uncomfortable shudder, Sawn fearing the shuttle would plunge into the unfathomable depths of the world?s ocean, but Master Jace seemed capable, and they landed in the Academy?s outdoor hangar with ease. As soon as her feet touched the ground outside the loading ramp she felt alive. The Force was strong in this place, and Sawn was already drinking in its power.

?Come now, young apprentice, I will show you your quarters.?

?Yes Master.? she responded eagerly, already feeling more at home than she ever had before at the Chiss Ascendancy Academy. Like that Academy, however, the planet she was on didn?t have a name, or at least not one that was spoken to the students there. With the Chiss they?d always called it Base, but here all the Masters encouraged the students to call the planet Home.

Walking in military precision behind her Master, Sawn?s eyes widened at each of the impossible feats she witnessed. One middle-aged Chiss sat cross-legged, arms placed softly on her knees, in a calm and meditating manner that Sawn would have found completely normal, except the woman was floating six inches in the air! In a circle around her many students levitated small rocks or twigs in front of them, a skill Sawn found herself ready and eager to learn.

Another clearing under the warm sunlight, just past the kids practicing telekinesis, saw a few older Chiss, presumably in their teens, dueling with what Sawn knew to be lightsabers. Only two of the students actually dueled, while a few others watched, and some others practiced on their own, following through both simple and complicated maneuvers with their swords of light.

Sawn stopped, entranced by the twirls and motions of the two duelists, as her eyes picked apart little nuances and similarities as the two young boys whirled and twirled about.

The darker one drops his elbow when he attacks to the right?they?re using two different forms, one is for power and the other finesse?what is that small guy doing? His opponent might as well be telling him where he?ll strike next. He?s going to clash blades high, then flip his wrists to strike low, and turn to smash an elbow in the poor kids face?that was a mistake! When he spun around he should?ve grappled his opponent?s wrist and thrust his lightsaber into his abdomen, but instead he ducked down and swept at the legs?why does he not attack? The smaller boy is just swinging his saber in a full circle, side-to-side, deflecting and parrying in the same manner every time. If I were fighting him I?d strike to his right, he?d put up a predictable parry, then I?d use the mom

9. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    dude..........................

Great post!

Loved the way you blended the passage of time through that post!

So Dark Lord Kas'im... I can't wait for the next post!

Great job!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

10. Player

Player Jedi Knight

Jun 1, 2006
    Thanks!

Glad you liked it, because there's going to be a WHOLE lot of that as the story goes on.

Yup, if you've read Path of destruction you probably know where this is headed...

Probably a few days before the next chapter, glad you enjoyed the latest!

Player

11. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    I've not read any of the Darth Bane stories but i've read a synopsis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.