"The Marvel Comic Series (#1 - 107)" [Marvel Comics, 1977 - 1986]

Discussion in 'Literature Review Forum' started by dp4m, Feb 6, 2003.

?

"The Marvel Comic Series (#1 - 107)" [Marvel Comics, 1977 - 1986]

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
10 (Excellent) 16 vote(s) 40.0%
9 3 vote(s) 7.5%
8 5 vote(s) 12.5%
7 2 vote(s) 5.0%
6 (Average) 2 vote(s) 5.0%
5 (Average) 4 vote(s) 10.0%
4 2 vote(s) 5.0%
3 0 vote(s) 0.0%
2 1 vote(s) 2.5%
1 (Poor) 5 vote(s) 12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanJones Force Ghost

star 2
    "I read a few issues when I was a kid. I seem to remember a cover that had a female Vader on it."

That would be the Dark Lady Lumiya from issue 88. Interesting backstory for her and she's starting to pop back up again in the SW universe.
  2. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    I own most of this 107-comic run (the majority of the ones I still need to buy & read are from the pre-Empire Strikes Back era).

I'll admit that some of the stories may have been on the silly side but, for the most part, those Marvel comics made up some nice memories from my childhood.

Memorable characters from them are such people as Shira Brie, Lady Lumiya and Jedidiah among others.

I recommend the Marvel comics Star Wars run to fans that are at least interested in them for perspective purposes. That's why I read them. Those comics are a reflection of the times they were written in & it's often fun to see how they do or do not fit in with the movies now that they have all been seen.

I remember that, in the comics, Luke wielded a blue lightsaber after The Empire Strikes Back but, in Return of the Jedi, we see he has built his own GREEN saber. Of course, the Marvel Comics gang couldn't have known to change the blade color (or omit his lightsaber until closer to ROTJ) unless they consulted with Mr. Lucas himself.

Also, I'm sure Boba Fett & Mandalorian fans would get a kick out of Leia meeting the other supercommandos like Fenn Shysa, etc.. I know I did!

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com ( < Check out this link to see pics taken at Celebration III!)
  3. Commander5052 Jedi Master

star 4
    My favorite issues in the Marvel runs were the ones with Valance the Hunter. I just found him to be such a beleivable and cool character.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.