Phx The Master's Tavern & Inn

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Master_Duron, Aug 30, 2002.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am lurking around here also.
  2. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Stop lurking and start posting! This place, and your new home are tooooooo dead. [face_skull] Where's the humor, the fun and the spice that used to be the PFF???

Is everyone still paying WoW or something???
  3. QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Knight

star 3
    Unfortunately this site is off my radar until I stumble across it in my long list of bookmarks. I'll try to check in more often and be spicier and funnier.
  4. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    I post quite frequently on the other board. I check in here every now and then. I think most people are just too caught up in the every day humdrum...

It's sad, but I think the PFF is slowly dying...

There are days that go by with no one posting at all... I think most people are lurking.

It's sad really, but what can one do?
  5. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I see you there, and know that you are trying. It's kinda sad to see it slow down so much from what it used to be.

[image=http://www.80stees.com/images/products/animal_house_Toga-T-link.jpg]

It's the best solution: The PFF needs a good olde fashioned Toga Party!!!! [face_devil]
  6. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    thats quite among fan groups right now. with nothing but books and comic books we are not growing and slowly ppl are leaving for other things. that might get reversed if those TV shows ever take off, but for now, its a twilight period.
  7. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    What surprises me most is that the PFF was so much about social events, not just Star Wars. There were monthly parties and fun, and not everything was SW based. It just feels like the 'fun' both online and apparently offline has gone away. :(
  8. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    My thoughts on the matter are thus...

Begin insertage of foot in mouth.

In my opinion, the big factor is WOW.

Everything went to hell because people became so enthralled with it, some people got bent out of shape, and it severely fractured the group.

A cupla years ago after the October meeting, a certain person to remain nameless, even tho they don't post anymore, said "HA! THE COUP IS SUCCESSFUL!" - and that told me volumes about the sneaking and conniving that went on.

The really sad part is that those people, who were going to make such a bold change in things, and really improve the way things were handled, didn't.

They dropped the ball.

They not only broke a lot of friendships through being sneaky and conniving, they then could not or would not "revitalize" things, and people were so disgusted that they just got done with the PFF in general.

It is, in my opinion, one of the worst things that I've seen happen in a long time.

Those folks who wanted to make a change, really broke things, and in my opinion are 99% to blame for the way things are currently.

Then they left, because things went to hell and they didn't have the skills to put their money where their mouth was.

Now, I don't know that it can be fixed, because the "core" people, that really made things happen are either moved on and want nothing to do with the group in general, or like me are just so damn busy that they don't have the time anymore.

End insertage of foot in mouth.

As always, these are my opinions, they are mine alone. Your mileage may vary, and certainly what I perceive as truth is subject to how you interpret things.

But that's truthfully how I see things.

So - I post as I can, as I made some really good friends, and I won't let them go, at least as much as time/energy allow.

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    I dont think it does any good to reopen old wounds. All it does is bring up bad stuff that can cause more issues and maybe even fracture more.

its best to let the past stay in the past and do what can be done to continue on. Do what can with the time you have. encourage the group to do things. help it to grow. it most likely will never be what it was, so help it to be the best it can be now. maybe that can help to heal some old wounds, maybe even bring some others back, and even if it doesnt your still helping the group.

all holding on to old anger and resentment does is poison your outlook to good things that are happening or could happen.
  10. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    That pretty much confirms what I thought or had picked up on since I moved back to CO. :( I can only hope that things heal & pick back up again. I'll still keep stopping by here and on the PFF boards as often as I can.

Like you said, "So - I post as I can, as I made some really good friends, and I won't let them go, at least as much as time/energy allow."

I can't imagine my time in Phoenix without the PFF. You all were there for me on Day One, all the way to the End. Every step of the way. So I'll do whatever I can to help and say hi to friends as often as possible.
  11. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well, that does it for me. posts like that, and the intentional drama-mongering were the reasons I left the group.
    and, truth be told, I no longer give a damn.

sorry Qui-Gon - I know you're just curious. Hope things are going well for you. :)

::resets "ignore" button and removes PFF forum from list::

edited for clarity
  12. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    lets end all the negativity. If ANYONE feels the need to work through old anger and resentments then take it off the boards. this is not the place for it.

end of subject.
  13. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    EDIT:: subject was closed already
  14. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
  15. QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wish I could help take a more active role in the PFF. Life and distance prevent me from being more than just a presence on the boards.
  16. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Jedi_PrincessAZ Jedi Master

star 1
  18. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    Ok, since this is proving to be such a hot issue, im closing this place down before the tavern brawl really heats up.

I will be willing to unlock this thread in a week or so, but its not to be used to air dirty laundry when I do.

If you feel the need to try and start things up again in this thread or any other, I will impose bans.

Have a nice day.
  20. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    ok, i think its been enough time. start up the drink droids and have fun!
  21. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Yeah! It's open again!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/emoticons%20and%20site%20images/ng.gif]

kicks the drink droid and gets a cloud of dust descending on her

*cough* :oops:
  22. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    *picks up a broom to help sweep up some of the dust into a neater pile*
  23. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'd like to say something . . .

but I can't think of anything. :(
  24. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll be sure to make a note of that in the record books... It might require a holiday. ;)
  25. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Yes, I can see it now. March 6th annually celebrated as "The Day Jada Was Speechless".

Trust me, I've been burning up boards everywhere since I found out I got accepted to the 501st. ;)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby