main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Matrix: Brave New World (non-SW RPG)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Saintheart, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daemon

Daemon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2002
  2. stukov_mengsk

stukov_mengsk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2003
    just saying, id still like to play.. i just have no clue what to do.

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Unfortunately..we are kinda stuck, until are GM returns...

Can always run internal dialoge..hehehe

4. Dallas_Valla

Dallas_Valla Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2003
    OOC: yeah...my characters are kinds seperate right now so......

IC:Stormy blocked the punch from Mr. Spiffy.

"What kind of little kiddie crapp is that?" she taunted.

He punched at her again. Stormy grabbed his wrist and twisted. She felt her stomach turn as bones cracked. She swallowed hard and side-kicked the jerk in the gut.

She pulled a radio from her belt and spoke into it.

"Big brother, this is Baby Girl. Come in."

Tag: Anyone.

5. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
  6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Right, sorry to everyone for my tardiness of late. It's been an interesting time in life lately. I will be much better behaved in future. :D

stukov_mengsk: Ayanami is safely on the main deck of the Nebuchanezzar II. We've got several people around who need tending to, and a number of gun wells still unoccupied at present. Did you want to post IC for you to get you going, or did you want to work yourself back into things?

Everyone aboard the Nebuchanezzar II

Cockpit, Nebuchanezzar II

Morpheus nodded curtly at Network's confirmation, and slammed the ship into a corkscrew. Next to him, Random's fingers flew over the consoles as the ship barrelled down the passageway...

The kid was good. They almost made it.

But on the last turn, just above the large cavern Morpheus had been aiming for, one hoverfield's intensity was inadequate, and the starboard side of the Nebuchanezzar II crunched violently against ancient steel, mud, and concrete. The shock of the impact thundered through the vessel, leaving nobody unaffected by its force.

The area most caught on the outcropping was Ghost's gunwell, exposed on the left side of the ship. Toughened glass shattered, and the sniper cried out in pain as the steel closed in around him, shards of metal cutting into him.

The Nebuchanezzar II wheeled like a dying insect, as Morpheus fought the controls for all their lives. Behind them, the Sentinels noted the ship's distress and surged forward, tracer fire glinting around them.

As Morpheus pulled with all the mortal strength he had to bring the ship out of its uncontrolled dive, Random slammed at consoles...well, randomly...trying to make something work.

Something did.

Power surged into the belly hoverfield generators, and Morpheus pulled the Neb 2 up, out of her dive...about two metres short of the ground. He glanced up and saw the Sentinels closing in at lethal speed, the tracer fire chattering around them, and realised he had no choice.

He triggered the EMP with the Nebuchanezzar II still a couple of metres off the ground. Suddenly deprived of its power, the ship fell out of the air the two metres to the ground, crashing to the ground with an ear-bleeding thump.

But the Sentinels around them writhed for a second...and collapsed to the ground.

They'd done it.
    The question was, how much damage had the vessel suffered...and how long would they be out here before more Sentinels arrived?

Morpheus looked over briefly at Random and Network, then moved to the rear door and screeched open the cockpit. "Is everyone all right? Sound off!"

alpha_red

Within the Operating System, Nebuchanezzar II

Impaler was surprised, even as the pain receded, as a young boy ran into the library, out of a door that had not been there a second or two earlier.
    "Uncle!" it cried, leaping into the Librarian's arms. The old man cradled the little child, glancing around with sudden alarm.

In a sudden display of strength, the daemon surged to its feet and grabbed hold of Impaler's arm--just as a surge of pain far greater and suffocating than any Impaler had known crashed through him. The pain red-hazed his vision, and through it he noticed the library's walls flickering with sudden fire, green code exploding through the books...

And then stabilising. Impaler dimly felt the Librarian pulling him up by the shoulder, and with the sensation, realised that somehow, the Librarian was the source of the stabilisation. The library reasserted its form and colours. Eventually, after long seconds, the Librarian breathed out deeply and released his arm, setting the child down.
    "What did they do, nephew?"
    "I don't know," said the little boy. "I just felt something bad from my front."
    The Librarian nodded. "Probably deployment of the electromagnetic pulse module." He g

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC:pooey! The boards ate my post I did this morning. *sigh*

BIC:
    Lula
    Aboard the Nebuchanezzar II

Lula was busy tending to the injured on the runners tables when suddenly the ship suddenly slamed into something hard.

Lula went flying over a table, caught off guard, and landed hard on the floor next to another table. Her head cracked the side of the couch. She saw stars as she tried to catch her breath, grateful that the others were held by their beds. The floor spun as she sat up, hoping it was her, and not the ship, that was causing the spinning.

Just as Lula began to stand up, a strage sound emminated from the bottom of the ship.

"FRACK!"

She felt the floor leave her...but only for a moment, before she slammed back into the ships floorplating again. It was if the ship had suddenly just....dropped.

The slam to the ground drove the breath out of her lungs, she couldnt even scream as the sound of distressed metal cried throughout the ship. The ship was plunged into darkness.

A few seconds later, the emergency systems came on..and the ship was strangely quiet. Lula layed on the floor breathing softly. It hurt to do anything else.

Lula heard Morpheus as he yelled. "Is everyone all right? Sound off!"

Not bloody likely.

Lula tried to roll over, and immediately regreted the move. If she thought she saw stars before, she was watching enitre galaxies go by now. Supernovas exploding behind her eyelids.

She stayed on the floor. Her eyes closed.

tag: anyone

8. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    IC - Rook

The ship seemed damnably quiet now that the constant thump-thump of the Neb's weapons had ceased. The violent imapct seconds before had thrown Rook forward into the gunsight. Pain flared in his nose and forehead, he touched it gingerly and his hand came away bloody.

The blood ran through his fingers and he could feel it on his top lip, matting into his goatee. Great.

Flicking switches on the armrest, he released the gunchair from the gunwell, retreating back into the main body of the ship. As he stood, he braced himself with both arms - and more pain shot through his left shoulder. He bit back a yelp.

"I'm here. Bud I dink my nuse id broken, and ib dislocated my shoulder."

Tag: Saintheart

9. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Aboard the Nebuchanezzar II, REAL WORLD

Slicer

Whiplash sucked.

Especially when one was on a vessel the size of the Nebuchanezzar II, and the cause for that whiplash was the fact that someone-- probably Captain Morpheus-- triggered the hovercraft's EMP. Good, because it stopped the sentinels from crashing the party. Bad, because it in itself crashed the party, depriving the ship of its power and causing it to fall out of the air and hit the ground with a sickening thud.

Slicer opened his eyes moments after the EMP had went off, feeling a stark pain in his upper body, and a strong headache coming on. Where was he? Onboard the Neb II, obviously, but had he made it to the gun turrets as Morpheus had suggested?

No. He was somewhere close to them, however, which was apparent as he watched Rook release himself from one of the turrets, a small trail of blood trickling from his nose. Slicer himself tried to rise, only to realized that the pain in his upper body affected his arms as well as his chest. Looking up, he realized that some sharp piece of shrapnel and swung down and cut him, giving him two parallel wounds that cut through his tattered clothing into his skin, ranging from his left shoulder, across his chest, and ending at his right shoulder.

It hurt, yes, but with the mentality that most Matrix-capable humans had, he soon overcame the physical pain and picked himself up off the floor of the vessel. Holding his right arm with his left-- which, ironically, hurt just as much-- Slicer had his way toward the cockpit, to Morpheus, Random, and Network.

"Next time let your woman drive, Morpheus." he said with a wink at the Neb's Captain. He was joking, of course, but there was truth in his words-- Niobe probably could have effectively flew the ship up the cavern entrance while corkscrewing.

Come to think of it, that babe could fly through just about anything. And they said women couldn't drive...

TAG: Hovercraft Homies

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

10. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Rhapsody

Neb. 2, gun turret

"Is everyone all right? Sound off!"

Rhapsody opened her eyes, vaguely noting that almost all was quiet. There were a few clanks on the ground as people slowly walked around. She was still in the chair- though now her body was thrown in an odd position over the seat. A dull throbbing was beginning to grow on her left temple. She figured she must have hit her head on something during the event as a small bead of blood slowly dripped down her cheek.

The woman looked around, seeing if everyone else in the area was okay. She noted Slicer as he left across the room, and--

"Oh god."

Rhapsody staggered over to the limp form of Ghost. Glass was broken and strewn about around his body. Metal had pierced his body, blood seeping out of the wounds.

She shook her head and turned to look toward the rest of the ship. "Somebody help!" she screamed.

TAG: Yooooou people

11. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    OOC: YE-AH!

IC:
    "Firstly, you needn't be coy with me, Miss Parview. Or Starcougar, as is perhaps more properly the case. I've been aware of your activities for some time. I am here to answer some of your questions. You know what I'm talking about, don't you?"

Starcougar took a step back. She blinked a couple times. How...?

"Yes...I think."

Starcougar stared at Mr. Moore.

"You know...about what I've been doing? If you know that then...you would know about the Matrix...right?"

Starcougar narrowed her eyes.

"Wait...how do I know that I can trust you?"

Stormy shook her head at Mr. Spiffy.

"You'd think that a former slave of machines would be more intelligant."

Stormy turned and began to walk back the direction she had come. She paused as her attention was caught by Zach stirring. He looked up at her with fear in his ears. She pulled her knife out but stopped. Zach seemed to be just a kid...the influences of Mr. Spiffy could be erased with ease.

She reached down and grabbed his arm. Twisting it behind Zach, she put her knife blade against the base of his neck.

"Move scum." {/color]

TAG: Saintheart

OOC: How my doing?

12. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    OOC: Finally! The angel of the night lives once again!

Neb 2 Databank

Impaler glanced at the child, wondering who he was. Probably didn't matter for now -- might not ever matter, if the ship managed to get back to Zion.

"Mind telling me where I can find this Sangreal artifact?"

TAG: Saint

13. stukov_mengsk

stukov_mengsk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2003
    id like to try and merge myself back in, but whenever i post its like im the only one who cares... it just didnt work last time. id like to actually play the rpg.. not just sit around and.. sit there. it just feals like im not important.

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    stukov_mengsk

then TAG somebody to respond to you. We are all together on the ship now... Find another chractor to react to. I have no idea where you are. I think most of the other folks are either in the control part of the ship..inside the ship computers...or out cold on the beds.

Just write yourself someplace that we can respond.

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: stukov_mengsk: I've written Ayanami back into the story by means of the post following. Feel free to respond from there. Hope you enjoy it a bit better this time round ;)

Dallas_Valla: Doing fine, dear. ;) One suggestion: you could preface your posts as some of the other players do: that is, identify the character you're referring to and where that person is at that moment. It makes things a bit easier to respond to for the different players, and for me I admit ;)

Everyone aboard Nebuchanezzar II

Main Deck, Nebuchanezzar II

"Next time let your woman drive, Morpheus." said Slicer.
    Morpheus swallowed down the sudden, sharp blade of pain that cut at his soul. Niobe's paraplegia following the cave-in at New Bethlehem Basin was a closely guarded secret, at her own request. It was one aspect of freedom he found it hard to get used to: the idea that mundane things could hurt or kill just as easily as the strong things. In the Matrix, Niobe was as fast and strong as she always had been...which was ironic given that the Matrix was meant to be the illusion.

He forced the feeling down and gave Slicer a faint smile.

"I'm here," came Rook's voice from further up the ship. "Bud I dink my nuse id broken, and ib dislocated my shoulder."
    "Stay where you are," Morpheus called across the ship, though with the lights out he couldn't place Rook's exact location. Morpheus turned to Slicer. "See what you can do to find him and help him." He noted the ripple of concern across Slicer's face, and summoned up his best half-grin. "Try not to do too much damage when you put his shoulder back in, will you?" he muttered.

From further up the deck came Rhapsody's scream. "Somebody help!"

Morpheus was immediately in motion, his hands out ahead of him in the dim light. Without even emergency lights at this time, the ship was dark, but the available light seemed to be coming from outside, from the various species of phosphorescent moss that had developed in the four-hundred-odd years since they'd been forced beneath the surface, clinging to the walls around them.

Eventually he found Rhapsody. Another noise from further up the deck: he recognised Ayanami, picking her way carefully among the debris scattered around the ship.

Morpheus looked down at Ghost. He could see immediately it wasn't good: the sniper had a couple of major gashes, and there was a nasty splinter of metal sticking out the man's side. He looked up at Rhapsody. "You're going to have to help me here. Put pressure on that gash. No, not like that. Straight down. Like this." He pressed Rhapsody's hand down harder onto the wound, even though Ghost moaned beneath her. Morpheus looked up at the girl who'd made her way to their side. "Ayanami--find Lula and see if you can get her back to consciousness. We need as many medics up and moving as we can get. And find some medkits fast. Try towards the rear of the ship."

As Morpheus tore off a strip of his own clothing, testing its strength to wrap around Ghost's first gash, he called over his shoulder: "Network--I need a system diagnostic as quick as you can. Get us off this rock. And have Random help you with it. He seems to have an intuition for machines."

alpha_red

System Bolthole, Nebuchanezzar II main drives

"Then I was correct: you are seeing a cure for your condition. Unfortunately, the location of the Sangreal is not within my current programming," said the Librarian. "Although I can sense codeblocks are missing from my structure, so I assume the knowledge was once there, but deleted because it was nonessential to the functioning of this vessel. It may well be that an unaltered version of my program within the Matrix still contain

16. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    IC - Rook

Rook almost nodded his ascent at Morpheus' order, then realised it would worsen his already aching head. He noticed an old cargo container next to him. He sat down and waited for Slicer.

Tag: KenKenobi - ps: be gentle!

17. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Rhapsody

Nebucchadnezzar II

Thankfully, Morpheus had come to her aid quickly. Rhapsody had never received much medical training and she was afraid of treating Ghost's wounds by herself.

The leader took one look at Ghost then addressed Rhapsody. "Put pressure on that gash." Rhapsody nodded, gently pushing in, not wanting to hurt the man.

"No, not like that. Straight down. Like this," Morpheus said, pushing her hand down harder on the wound. She blushed slightly at her error. Ghost groaned in pain, his blood dripping down over Rhapsody's hands and onto the floor. That didn't matter to her, though. What really did matter was getting Ghost stabilized. They didn't fight their way out of the Matrix just to be taken out aboard their own ship.

TAG: Saint, other people on the Neb.

18. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Neb. 2's Databank

Impaler blinked for a second at the suggestion that this Sangreal, whatever it was, could destroy him instead of giving him the power to crush the machines. "Well, whatever it is, it's very powerful, and has its roots at the very origins of the Matrix...and if the machines find it, there's no telling what it'll be able to do. I don't want them to get hold of anything that might help them."

He watched the child hug the old man, and felt something inside. A sense of something he had not had in a long time...a family. He almost dreaded what he had to say next, for fear of the child being corrupted. Perhaps it was a program, as well, but the illusion seemed real enough.

"You misunderstand my motives. The Merovingian betrayed and used me...and I don't take kindly to that. I'm not some grand do-gooder. I want revenge on the machines. My goals align with those of the humans, so they are my allies. Altruism isn't in my vocabulary...but that's irrelevant. What matters is that I destroy the machines for what they have done. In some ways, my condition has both helped and hindered me. Certainly it has given me combat abilities far above the norm, but the machines have been able to use me for their own purposes because of the vampire program's roots within the Agents. This Sangreal, whatever it is, has the power to end that."

"And it will end, one way or another. It always does."

Tag: Saintheart, anyone on Neb. II with computer access

19. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Network

Nebuchadnezzer II

"You got it bossman. One systems check coming up. Random, follow me."

Standing up, Network made his way down to where the operator's console was. Sitting down, he put his headset on and botted up the computer. Word flashed onto the screen.

Nebuchadnezzer II mainframe.
    Password?

Network quickly typed in his password and ordered a systems check and diagnostic.

Systems check begun........
    Belly hoverfields damaged........35% power.
    Starboard hoverfields damaged.........50% power.
    Starboard gun wells.......85% damage.
    Matrix capabilities.......67% damage.
    Main controls.......42% damage.
    All other systems green.

Unknown program located. Location: data library. Dispatch anti-virus?

Network typed no, realizing that the unknown program was Impaler. His temporary attachment to the ship must have been wiped from the ships memory when the EMP went off.

Ship diagnostic and check complete. Welcome bback Network.

Once the computer finished it's reboot, Network pulled up the data library and turned on voice access.

"Impaler, are you there?"

TAG: alpha_red

20. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Neb. 2 Databank

Impaler's head buzzed before he even got the chance to hear the old man's answer. It was probably Network.

"Impaler here. What's going on?"

Tag: Rampani, Saintheart

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Just waiting on a couple of other responses before I update...

22. Daemon

Daemon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2002
    The agents moved towards Discrepancy adding some martial arts into their combat routine. Karate wasn't the rogue programs forte, so he did the best thing he could: an agent's hand moved towards his face... Discrepancy shot it. Ouch, he thought, That's got to hurt... good.
    TAG: Saint

23. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    OOC: Hmmm...let's see here.

IC:
    Starcougar: Library, Matrix
    "You think you are that good that you have not been noticed? I have watched your every step. I have protected you from death at least three times, not the least of which was that last half-baked effort by your friend to contact you. I have news for you, young one: there is a war on. And you had best determine which side you wish to stand on, before it is too late. So. You have questions. Ask."

Starcougar looked at Mr. Moore, unsure. She did have questions...many. They swirled inside of her mind as she tried to figure out which ones to ask. Suddenly her mind flashed back to the one question that had started this whole ordeal...a year ago, with her and her closest buddies.

Starcougar swallowed. She was afraid of asking this question...what would happen...would she end up like her last friend...? Starcougar took a deep breath and squared her shoulders.

"What is the Matrix? What is this war that you speak of? Is it...the one that claimed my friends?"

Starcougar could adrenaline beginning to surge through her veins. If these were the questions he was refering to and Mr. Moore gave her the answers she was looking for...things would heat up...fast.

Dallas: Lower levels of Zion

Dallas watched as Mr. Spiffy began to try and talk his way out of death. She couldn't help but smirk. Zach on the other hand...something about that kid made her wonder. He hadn't resisted once... Dallas finally got tired of Mr. Spiffy's mouth running and punched him.

She looked at Zach and cocked her head.

"You want to say something kid?"

He looked at her.

TAG: Saintheart.
    OOC: Better? :D

24. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Aboard the Nebuchanezzar II, REAL WORLD

Slicer

Nodding, Slicer made his way back to Rook as per Morpheus's orders. The Captain of the Nebuchanezzar was alright physically, but when Slicer had mentioned Niobe, something in the man's eye...

CRACK!

The sound briefly echoed through the ship as Slicer popped Rook's shoulder back into its socket.

"Good?" Slicer asked him, nodding at the man's shoulder.

TAG: cavalier, Hovercraft Homies

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

25. exodus411

exodus411 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    Random

Aboard the Nebuchannezzar II

Random had a small gash on his head from the initial impact, and had to hold a small piece of his sleeve against it to quell the bleeding.

He stood over Network as he spoke to Impaler, just listening. His eyes spotted Lula lying on the ground, and he rushed over to her, kneeling down beside her head when he arrived.

"Lula...." he called, "Lula, can you hear me?"

Tag: Ktala

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.