main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Matrix, Crouching Tiger - Hidden Dragon, Charlies Angels.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi knight Pozzi, May 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Looks like this topic's come up *again*.

Up.

2. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Well I'm still partly convinced that George will have great fight scenes with the Lightsabres.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    CTHD was a beautiful film minus the fast fight scenes. How many movies can make it look like people are actually fighting among the bamboo trees? It was very poetic.

Now about the fight scenes in Ep. II, they'll have more intensity than Ep. I's. Mainly because there'll be more at stake. If GL speeds them up like The Matrix, then it wouldn't be SW. It would be pop-culture trash, just like The Matrix. GL isn't that stupid.

4. Sith_Prime

Sith_Prime Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2000
  5. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Just like CTHD then?

6. TheCaptain

TheCaptain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 1999
    What would have you said if GL had come up with bullet time before The Matrix?

7. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    CTHD isn't pop-culture trash. The Matrix is, mainly due to the fact that it has a laughable plot, horrible dialogue, Keanu Reeves, and it isn't interesting at all.

8. Vonn

Vonn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Ah, but you guys are missing something very important here.

Lucas already has used new techniques to start doing shots that otherwise do look out of place with SW.

When Luke's Trilogy originally came out, there were NO sweeping shots of cities (like on Coruscant (ROTJ:SE, TPM) or Tatooine (ANH:SE) or Bespin (ESB:SE) or Naboo (TPM)).

All these were added later on in the SE's or in the prequels....thanks mostly to modern day effects techniques.

So, just because Lucas might throw in bullet time sequence in Ep2, it does NOT mean Lucas can't go ahead and throw more of those shots into Luke's Trilogy to maintain consistency.

You seem to be stuck with mentality that the currently released movies as they are now are set in stone. Not even TPM was set in stone before DVD release. Heck, it probably isn't even set in stone now.

So, I'm telling you, if Lucas does add some new technique to Ep2, that does NOT mean he won't use it in the four that are already out.

9. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Nect time I make a thread like this, will someone please tell me to go &^%^&%&^$^%&*&*^% myself. :D

I had no idea what the man is capible of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.