main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Matrix: Flight of the Shenobi

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by plokoon480, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    IC:

Networks voice boomed down into the program.

"Yes, agent, there is something specific I want to know. Why did you, an agent, want out of the Matrix? Or are you part of some plan to kill us all?"

TAG: Saintheart

2. plokoon480

plokoon480 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    "Yes Cort, we've all been wondering about you. Why don't you just explain to us why exactly you wanted to leave?"

3. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    At the table, Wraith shot a glance across his allies, his eyes focusing behind his glasses. Blue smoke sifted from his slighly open mouth as he spoke.

"I think we're missing the point here. The mere fact that Cort is offering us as much info as his is cites an inkling of the truth. In some ways, he's as much a victim as us. Plugged into a system he can't control, made to act as a puppet. It's not too dissimilar to our own experiences."

Flicking ashes onto the tray on the table, Wraith continued.

"I've fought with Cort and what's more, my senses are heightened within the Matrix to a greater degree than most, especially since my emotional cortex was switched back on. I can't sense any reason to distrust Cort for now. However, the ultimate decision still is reliant on the Capatain, though as First Officer, I've probably clearly stated my feelings on the matter."

There was a pause as Wraith leaned back in his chair.

"Cort - you spoke of an internal heirarchy withinth the Matrix. Surely this Architect can't be the only one. There's got to be a lot of older programmes, like the Merovingian, who are supportive of the Architect. If there are, they must pose a threat to us. I think it's time we started taking some of them down....."

Tag: All, especially Saintheart.

4. plokoon480

Jul 31, 2002
    Scythe sighted. Dammit Wraith... he thought, but he knew Wraith was right.

"Cort - you spoke of an internal heirarchy withinth the Matrix. Surely this Architect can't be the only one. There's got to be a lot of older programmes, like the Merovingian, who are supportive of the Architect. If there are, they must pose a threat to us. I think it's time we started taking some of them down....." Wraith said.

"These threats are a minor matter to the Rebellion, if what Cort's saying is true. This Architect you spoke of sounds like the major threat. Why don't you explain as much as you can about this, thing. What is the Architect? Is it a man, or a program like the Oracle?"

Scythe sighed again. "Look, we'll arrive at Zion in a few hours, and I think it's time that I talk to the council. There are a lot of strange events happening now, and I have a feeling that the One will be involved in all of this very soon."

5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Cort hesitated once more. With the Oracle Mod burning within his code, the implications of a meeting between the Architect and the One were abundantly clear to him...since the path of the One always ended at the Source, and the cycle always began anew there.

"To answer your question, captain Scythe, the Architect is a program...The Program, some say. Its processing capacity stretches far beyond any Agent. But power does not just corrupt; it restricts as well. The Architect cannot leave the Source; should it do so, it ceases to be the Architect. It cannot reach out any obliterate large chunks of the Matrix because its first function is the maintenance of control...and the continuation of the status quo, that things continue as they are. As I have said, though, the One necessarily is involved if you are thinking of an assault on the Architect; programs can pass into the Source, but I am not hardwired into the Matrix anymore. The One can, but even that course is fraught with danger."

Cort thought a little more. "Wraith, you mentioned the Merovingian. He...it...is one of the oldest programs. There are, however, others like him. They partially do what the Architect cannot; through their mere presence in a particular area, they help hold the integrity of the Matrix together. A large portion of their internal processing is devoted simply to directing corrections in the physics of the Matrix where there are glitches. They don't even have to act to do so; all they need do is travel to a 'glitched' area, and the Matrix...heals itself, for want of a better word. Throughout the Matrix you will find these individuals, each assigned to particular areas. They are heavily guarded, of course, but take one out and I daresay a good portion of the humans within, say, three kilometres of his death stand an eighty percent chance of awakening from the Matrix immediately. And most of all," said Cort, snapping his fingers, "they are not programmed with limited invulnerability, as agents are. The trick, of course, is getting through the agents who usually guard them."

TAG: all

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Ash had heard that name before, the Merovingian. She creased her brow in consintration.

It came to her.

"My brothers work for that program," she said aloud as she sunk to her knees. Pain shooting through her once again.

OCC": Just trying to jump back in

7. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    IC: Wraith leaned back little further and noted a sudden skip in Ash's pulse, his sensitive hearing picking it up faintly. He placed a comforting hand on her knees and patted them.

Cort caught his gaze again and he adjusted his glasses.

"Could you lead us to one of these programmes, these 'controlers' of sorts? Taking out some of them might cause a system overload that could possilbly allow for the freedom of thousands of minds...."

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Cort nodded. "It's a simple enough task to lead you to one, or provide the address. However, as I've said, you Israelites are much more effective when you act on a large scale. Scythe was saying something about heading back to Zion...?"

9. plokoon480

Jul 31, 2002
    "That's right. We're on our way to Zion right now, and we can't strike at one of these major locations without consulting the council. The power plant was the only exeption," Scythe said. "Besides, we need some more supplies, and Network needs some help to solve the recent technical problems we've been having. And Cort, I've been meaning to ask you something. Will you be able to get back into the Matrix, and assist us in one of these attacks?"

10. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Minor GM

"I've been examining my internal programming for just that purpose, captain Scythe. It appears that the answer is yes...I can accompany you back into the Matrix. I'm now downloaded into the Shinobi and, if you allow me access to the right systems, I can shift in and out of systems much as agents do inside the Matrix. There is, though, a restriction to this: when your party enters the Matrix, I can access the Matrix through one of you. Effectively I share the link between the person and their body aboard the Shinobi. If the person I am linked to dies within the Matrix, there is a 99 percent chance I, too, will be deleted. I cannot shift bodies as the agents do while in the Matrix, though many of my other agent strengths are still intact. So may I suggest that you assign me to a person who could either use, or needs, a guardian angel within the Matrix."

Cort sat back, and remembered suddenly. "One other thing." He pulled six bullets from a pouch at the small of his back and laid them on the table. "These are Master Interrupt programs. I managed to bring them out with me inside my cortical structure. They're coded as ammunition within the Matrix, and you'll find they'll fit any weapon you load them into. You will find they are the only ammunition that can delete an agent outright. And I don't just mean displacing the agent to another form; I mean deleting it from the Matrix altogether."

"Why would you have something like this?" asked Wraith.

Cort looked over at Wraith with a wry grin. "You mentioned the Merovingian. I can assure you that, occasionally, agents go rogue as well. These were made to...deal...with the problem. They're extremely rare, and I only have these six. Use them as you will." Cort sat back and looked at the others.

11. plokoon480

Jul 31, 2002
    "Th-Thank you Cort. I'm sure that before the end we'll have much use for them," Scythe said. "Hold on a moment please."

Scythe walked back to the bridge of the ship and saw that they were approaching Zion. "Hey everybody," he called out. "Ten minutes untill we arrive at Zion. I suggest you start packing your things."

Ten minutes later, Scythe was piloting the ship into the main hangar bay. Scythe opened a radio channel to Zion Control System.

"This is the Shinobi to Zion Control, requesting permission to dock."

A woman's voice came onto the radio signals.
    "Permisson granted Shinobi. Welcome home."

"Good to be back," he said and landed the ship in the main hangar. He went back to his quarters and got his things, and then the crew of the Shinobi walked out of the ship into Zion.

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Ash didn't bother moving from her spot on the floor, she had nothing to pack.

She had heard much about the last human city, Zion. She wondered what it looked like, she forced herself to her feet, only to sink to the floor again.

Ash was getting tired of the cursed weakness really fast.

13. Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    IC: "It's good to be back," Sattare said as he walked off the ship. He knew it hadn't been all that long since they had left, but he was always glad to come home. He started to head off in the direction of his foster family's quarters.

OOC: plo, if this isn't ok and you want the crew to stay together, just stop me.

14. plokoon480

Jul 31, 2002
    OOC: No problem.

15. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    IC:

Befoe Network left the ship, he spoke to Cort on his own. He inserted a disc into the drive.

"Cort, I'm having the whole setup here cleaned and scanned. We were having virus problems before you arrived. So if yo don't want to be seen as a hostile program, I would recommend that you load yourself onto the disc in the drive. That way you won't be deleted."

TAG: Saintheart

16. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    GM'ing....

IC:After leaving the cafe programme where they'd been speaking to Cort, Wraith jumped back into the harsh reality that was only improved by the return to Zion. Though he was not overly in love with the settlement like many others (part of him, he suspected was still too attached to the life he'd once lead in the Matrix, especially given the return of his latent memories) he still liked seeing the people's faces when they returned.

There was always a sense of hope in the eyes of the children when they stepped off the ship. He watched as his allies walked down the ramp, catching stares from everyone in the docking bay. They were heroes regardless of what they thought and Wraith had to admit it was flatering to see such admiration and a welcome return, despite the fact they'd only been gone a couple of weeks this tour. Gathering his bag from his room and slinging his accoustic guitar over his back, he made his way to where he found Ash in the control room floor, looking somewhat dishevelled as she sunk to the floor, still weak from her ordeal.

Wraith zipped up the worn leather jacket he wore, the old 70's style garment somehow suiting him. He pulled a woolen hat over his head, his long head of brown semi-dreaded hair trailing underneath. He knelt beside Ash. Remembering Cort was still in the mainframe, he hoped Network had sorted out some sort of storage for him given the fact the hard drives would recieve a formatting upon a standarr hovercraft service which all craft received upon return.

"Hey you. Still on the mend, I see. Here, let me help."

Reaching down, he gently scooped her up into his arms and proceeded to carry her off the ship. He spotted Scythe and walked over to him, earning him a whimsical look from the Captain.

"Cap, I'm going to keep Ash with me until the Council meeting begins. I'll be in my quarters."

Still carrying Ash, he made his way out of the dock and into the large service elevator that lead to the upper housing level. Wraith's small appartment was on the same level as many of the other military personnel and like his crewmates, he was afforded a simple domocile that was little more than a basic unit with kitchen, bathroom and sinlge bedroom.

He tightened his grip on Ash as the elevator stopped and the doors slid open. Surprisingly, they were greeted by a group of children with excited looks on their small faces. However, he sight of a somewhat rough-looking man and the tired looking woman he carried in his arms was obviously not what they were looking for.

"Hey, you're not Neo!" One boy remarked and Wraith shook his head as he stepped between the children en route to his unit.

However, one of the kids did recognise him.

"Hey... are you Wraith? The First Officer of the Shinobi? Is it true you can vanish and turn invisible in the Matrix? They say you were a ninja in there and could move like a shadow!!"

Wraith grinned at Ash somewhat wryly.

"Yes, I'm Wraith. And yeah, I can do a few things like that in the Matrix."

The reply gleaned some interesting responses of awe from the children. One tugged on his arm and Wraith leaned down, careful not to loose his grip on Ash.

"Hey, mister Wraith.....are you guys gonna win the war for us?" The small girl asked, her blue eyes wide with anticipation.

Wraith smiled.

"We'll do our very best, I promise. One day, you'll have a better life than you could imagine."

His speech was cut short as another small child called out something and all the kids ran over in the direction of the other elevator a few metres away. Wraith turned and looked up and suddenly felt his pulse skip beat at the sight of the man who would deliver them.

The One. Neo.

He stood their, clad in humble clothing, the woman known as Trinity at his side as they stepped off the elevator, only to be mobbed by people, adoring public, some offering gifts and most causing a bit of a fuss. Strangely, Neo looked up for a minute. His glance caught sight of Wraith for a minute and he made a s

17. plokoon480

Jul 31, 2002
    With a nod at Wraith, Scythe spoke.

"All right everyone, feel free to go back to your apartments or anywhere else you like. We won't be staying here for long, so I'll call you when we're to leave." Scythe dismissed the crew and watched Sattare run off to his parent's apartment.

He's a kid, Scythe thought. Just a kid, nothing more. Scythe smiled sadly to himself. His own foster parents were long dead. He shook the thought from his head, and headed towards Commander Lock's office.

Scythe opened the door, and saw Commmander Lock. He was going through some papers on his desk, and got up to see Scythe. Scythe saluted.

"Hello Commander."

"Welcome back Captain Scythe, at ease."

"I've come to talk with the council. I have some important matters at hand."

"So I've heard. The next council meeting will be in a few hours. You should bring one of your crew members with you."

"Thank you Commander. I trust all has been well in our absence?"

"Yes, yes. The people are getting restless though, the council and I feel a need to start striking at weak locations, and their have been other problems as well...but those I will speak of later. You are dismessed Captain."

Scythe walked all the way back to his apartment, and dropped his pack on the floor. He pulled out a bottle of water from the fridge, and went to the hangar. He got some tools and started fixing the damages in the Shinobi. He need to think, and wait until the council gathered.

18. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    IC - Rook

Hauling his gear, Rook headed for his quarters in Zion. Cracking open the scavenged metal door, he dropped his kit inside and collapsed on the bunk.

Rook slept.

Dreams drifted past. Fragments of lives lived, futures unrealised, friends long gone. Light and dark. Death and rebirth. Fire and brimstone.

Then nothing.

Darkness. A void.

And a voice.

And so it begins . . .

Rook awoke, stumbled into the shower and washed away months of tiredness, grime and gunk. He found clean clothes, a rarity these days, and left his quarters to walk on the streets of Zion and ponder the dreams.

19. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Ash had never seen the One before, she had not expected a god but was slightly surprised at the site of an ordinary man, with a lover.

She turned her head around weakly to get a better look at him and instead heard another voice come up behind her.

"Informer?"

Wraith raised an eyebrow at her as Ash waved at the teen who was approching her, he was a slight young man with big green eyes and thick brown hair that was pulled back.

"Artim." she said in her cool, business tone. "I thought you would be galavanting throughout the gutters still."

He glared back at the human/programme. "and I though that you couldn;t leave the Matrix."

"It was for my protection as much as yours Artim, why you saw that as a need to tell your captain that my sources were unrealiable, I shall never know."

Wraith continued as a passive observer as Artim continued to stare fireballs in my direction. He stormed off in a huff after a few moments and Ash grinned in triumph.

"What was all that about?" asked Wraith as he watched the man storm off.

"That was Artim, my previous real world contact." She spat out in a bitter tone. "he didn't trust me from the getgo, then he started hitting on me, trying to figure out my motives for helping the resitance. It was the final blow when I wouldn't leave the Matrix."

Ash took a few large, deep breaths. She was still angry as anything.

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    "Understood, Network. See you all in a few hours."

Cort glanced to his right as a wooden door materialised into being and walked through it...

Cort slept on the disc, dreaming such dreams as a sentient program can...

TAG: whenever you're all back aboard
    (Zzzzzzzz....)

21. Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    As he reached his foster family's apartment, Sattare saw his sister, Kithra, sitting just outside the doorway. She was five years younger than Sattare, but there was still a tight bond between them. "Did you miss me?" he said as she looked up. She immediately ran to him and dragged him inside.

"Sattare!" said his father as his mother embraced him.

"Hello!" said Sattare as he set down his things, "How is everyone? Where's the little guy?"

There was a pause. "The Little Guy," was the youngest of the family. They had never really given him a name, but he was the only member of the family who was fully human. Both of his "parents," his "sister," and himself, had all been freed from The Matrix.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he looked at everyone's sorrowful faces, "What happened?"

"Well, a few days ago, he wandered off," said his father, "And he hasn't been seen since."

"What?! You're joking, right?"

"No son, he's gone, we're afraid, for good."

"No! It can't be! It's immpossible!" exclaimed Sattare holding his head, "Have you contacted Commander Lock?"

"Yes, but he said they couldn't do anything about it," said his mother.

"Let it go, Son," said his father, trying to sooth him.

"No, I can't, he's only three years old. He can't protect himself out there, I've got to find him," with that he stormed out the door to go and think.

22. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    As Brooke walked off the Shenobi after it had landed in Zion, she was unsure about where to go or what to do. She had no family in the city nor did she have any close friends. So she decided to jsut walk with no where important in mind, and jsut end up where she would end up.

23. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    IC:

Network grabbed his bags and placed the disk containing Cort into his pocket. He jogged of the ship and onto the landing deck. He saw Brooke standing there, unsure of what to do.

"Hey Brooke. I've got to go talk to the head programmer about getting the Shinobi's system flushed. Want to come with me?"

TAG: Mirax-Terrik

24. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    She turned and looked at Network,

"Sure i'd love to."

Pulling her bag up on her shoulder she walked over to him. Relieved that she wasn't gonna be alone in this city.

tag:rampani

25. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    IC:

Network led Brooke down a bustling corridor toward the engineering sector. He opened the door labeled COMPUTER FUNCTIONS and stepped inside with Brooke. The head man of the department, Sifter, a sixty year old man. He came over, shook Network's hand, and began to speak.

"Hey Network. I heard you were back. And who is this pretty, young thing?"

Network gestured at Brooke.

"This is Brooke. We found her and two others at another ship that had been destroyed by Sentinals. One of the others didn't make it home."

Sifter shook Brooke's hand and smiled at her.

"Well, Network, what can I do for you?"

Network sighed.

"When the other's were jacked in, I began to see a strange code flash across the screen. It kept repeating itself over and over. I believe it was a virus. Anyway, I tried to stop it, but failed. It took out the main drive. I got it fixed, but it's only a toothpick repair. I need your team to give a final repair to the main drive, upgrade the scondary drive, and then flush the whole system to make sure that the virus is gone."

Network finished his spiel and looked expectantly at Sifter.

"Well, sonny, my team will get right on it. Before I flush the system, I'm gonna poka around a bit and try to find this virus. Hopefully I can capture it and bring it back here, where I can program an anti-virus for it. Now, if you two will excuse me, we have a computer to repair."

Sifter motioned to the two other man present in the room, who had been working on making replacement parts. The three left with their tools and headed to the Shinobi. Network turned to Brooke.

"Now that that's taken care of, you want to go get something to eat?"

TAG: Mirax-Terrik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.