main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Matrix Reloaded New Theatrical Trailer WOW!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PS2Snake, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PS2Snake

PS2Snake Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    Well just in case you guys didnt see it here is the link http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com
    I think this is going to be one of the greatest movies out, look at the effects and camera angles very amazing. I got goosebumps after watching this trailer 6 times (+1 frame by frame)

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
  3. PS2Snake

Nov 8, 2002
    Social Thread= AWB sharing his unwanted opinion, if anybody that doesnt like the Topic "The Matrix" they wont need to post in this thread, which will thus eliminate people bashing one of the greatest Movie achievements ever.

EDIT: No offense to AWB

4. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Greatest movie achievements ever? OMG....

If I had that money, I'd make a movie with something really cool.... A STORYLINE!

5. PS2Snake

Nov 8, 2002
    AWB i dont want to argue, you see the name of this topic it says the Matrix reloaded, since you dont like the matrix reloaded nd knew that there was going to be talk about it why would you post something? To start a argument?

6. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I'm going to stand up for myself when people are completely unrespectful to my opinion.

7. PS2Snake

Nov 8, 2002
    keep your opinion in the social thread this thread was made to discuss the trailer not to have a debate. Because no matter what you wont be able to change someones opinion on the movie, except if someone says Star Trek is better than Star Wars. HaHaHaHa.

8. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    And you brought that into this thread, and did the immature thing, and I decided to defend myself against disrespect.

9. Sau-Den

Sau-Den Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Okay, first I would like to break up this little argument and say "Oh my God! That is one of the greatest trailers ready! I am like 60% hyped for this movie I was for Episode II! And since my hypness for Episode II cannot be described, 60% is a hell opf a lot for a movie!"

Second, AWB, how can you say the Matrix doesn't have a story line? When I first saw it I thought it had one of the most imaginative and creative story lines I had ever seen on screen.

10. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    It was just stupid and a waste of time, I thought. I thought it the first time I saw it, a few years ago. So, a few weeks ago, I gave it another chance, and I thought it was just as bad, if not worse.

11. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    This thread should be locked. The Forums are a tool for information exchange. They are NOT a chatroom. AWB, did you notice that the title of the thread was "The Matrix Reloaded New Theatrical Trailer WOW!" and not "I Think The Matrix Sucked!"? If you have a beef, settle it on your own damn terms! That's what the little button at the top of the screen that says Private Messages is for.

And pick a better friggin subject to fight about! JEEZE!!!!!

I thought the trailer was nothing short of amazing. The shot where Neo performs the (literal) roundhouse kicks to the Agent Smiths while holding onto his staff...insta-wood. Hehehehe. I can't wait to see this movie!

12. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    No...this WAS in the social thread.

Then PS2snake brought it into here. And I'm not going to settle a public message with a private response, unless its very harsh.

13. pahket

Apr 6, 2001
    My mistake. But if you even took the time to see the trailer (even if you don't like the movies the FX are still good, no matter how you slice it) you'd understand his apparent zeal.

14. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    But if you even took the time to see the trailer (even if you don't like the movies the FX are still good, no matter how you slice it) you'd understand his apparent zeal.

I did see the trailer, and I thought it looked worse than the original.

The FX are good...but what I don't get is:

Why do people go and see a movie like The Matrix because it has a cool few FX shots, and they don't see a movie that more people consider good in most aspects because it has MIXED REVIEWS?

I know a lot of people who think like that, and have never understood that kind of thinking.

15. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Social Thread= AWB sharing his unwanted opinion,

No, the Social Thread is for posts unrelated to fan films, such as yours.

if anybody that doesnt like the Topic "The Matrix" they wont need to post in this thread, which will thus eliminate people bashing one of the greatest Movie achievements ever.

So let's just post off-topic threads all over the place, then? [face_plain] We don't allow 'general Star Wars' threads here, we redirect them to the movie forums, 'greatest movie achievements ever' or not.

If Rick McCallum loves The Matrix, he disagrees with me!

16. pahket

Apr 6, 2001
    It's all quite simple. Today's audiences need to be grabbed and ripped out of their seats within the first 5 seconds of a movie. Otherwise they'll lose interest. As sad as it is to admit, most of the viewing public does focus primarily on how a movie or TV shows looks before giving any thought to the content. If you can't generate interest for your film within a short period of time, your flick is doomed, unless it happens to be saved by word-of-mouth.

Unfortunately, the same thing that happened with Star Wars appears to be happening with The Matrix: they (the filmmakers) are relying on how well their films fared in the past to buoy their viewings in he future. Quite sad, actually.

17. PS2Snake

Nov 8, 2002
    Anyways, I think the beg. Trinity jumping out of the buildings windows was amazing, specially the slow-motion Uzi muzzle flash looked amazing, also if somebody says that The Matrix doesnt have a story line they are mistaken, the stroyline is very amazing and well written. And the Chase scene is going to be very awesome. if any of you guys saw the TV spot of Morpheus going head to head with the Escalade and slices it with his sword, WOW that was amazing. Another thing that is going to make the Chase scene great is that they built there own freeway so its not a closed track, they can have lots of pyrotechnics and tons of other stuff. Also the scene with all of the Agent Smiths looked very good, at first I didnt relize they were computerized, but after i saw 100s of them, WoW. did you guys notice during the chase scene on the motorcycle the truck that pass's the camera is CG. Anyways since this is MAJOR OT i wont be continuing this thread sorry for putting up a new thread Adam is right.

18. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Actually, the Wachowski's had planned to do a trilogy from the very beginning. So I doubt they're relying on their past success to generate revenue.

Trust me. It will come. And it will be good.

19. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    ###########################################
    Why do people go and see a movie like The Matrix because it has a cool few FX shots, and they don't see a movie that more people consider good in most aspects because it has MIXED REVIEWS?
    ###########################################

I see that you managed to get a reference in there for the matrix on the first part of your argument AWB, but failed to list an example for the sceond part so it can be ripped to shreds. ;)

Personally I think the premise of The Matrix storyline could stand on it's own as a radio drama.

20. fourfools

fourfools Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    just watched the trailer and all i can say is: [face_shocked]

[face_shocked]

[face_shocked]

[face_shocked]

[face_shocked]

This is gonna be great!

maybe it's just me looking at it from a director/camera person point of view, but I had no trouble picking out the CG shots, they didn't seem real looking to me? maybe it's just cause it's a trailer or something, but like the cg trucks just didn't have that feel of realism that i expected. Not that i could do better, but...

anyway, Wow!!

21. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I pity people who can't appreciate The Matrix saga for what it is.

M. Scott

22. deadkrash

deadkrash Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    The Matrix has a great story line, interesting charecters, and amazing production design.

In addition to the most kick ass VFX around.
    Although in the new trailer some shots you could clearly tell when something was CGI.

While the basis for the Matrix is completely ludicrous, as far as using humans for energy, it's all fantasy. And if I can suspend disbelief for a galaxy far far away I certanly can for the Matrix.

AWB instead of just saying it sucked BLA BLA BLA why don't you tell us why you hated it . Cause I've seen it like a million times and I can't figure where you're coming from.

But the most important thing to remember is that this is so off topic it's not even funny.

23. Obi-Timbo

Obi-Timbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2001
  24. Antilles01

Antilles01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    -[SWITCHING TO INSANE RANT MODE]-

I cannot stand the 'nothing is good enough for me' attitude exhibited by AWB here. Its a sick trend I see throughout the internet these days. Certain people can't 'give in' and say they like or enjoy something. They would much rather 'not like' it, because they think it makes them seem cooler to other people, it makes them feel like they know more, like they know some hidden thing.

My advice for people like that is to become a tax attourney or a construction supervisor because you dont belong in movies if you can't acknowledge the outstanding achievement of everyone involved in the movie. And that goes for every movie too, not just the Matrix.

And honestly, you wouldnt know a good plot if it came up and asked for your phone number. How could the plot be any better? I guess AWB seems to think that a plot is some intangible magical sparkling thing that makes any movie that has it godlike or something.

For a minute, think about some of the greatest movies ever made. Then think about the plots in those movies and ask youself what makes them so great and so different than the plot for the matrix. Every plot is just a sequence of events that tells a story, and the matrix is just as good as any other movie plot.

-[SWITCHING BACK TO NORMAL MODE]-

im sorry if this offends anybody.

25. saber8

saber8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    *shudders with goosebumps* OH MY! that was amasing! I cant wait for that movie!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.