main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Matrix Reloaded New Theatrical Trailer WOW!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PS2Snake, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanSmitheeIII

AlanSmitheeIII Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2001
    I didn't really like Bound.

A lot of bad editing. (Watch the part where Danny A. has the gun pointing at the dog)

Some acting was a tad over the top. (Once again, Danny A in the scene "I hate dogs".)

Dunno...didn't care for too much of it...except the chick scenes. ;)

2. deadkrash

deadkrash Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    I think you're confusing Bound with 2 Days in the Vally
    Bound was a flick about lesbians and Gangsters
    While 2 days in the Vally was all about TERI HATCHER [face_love]

3. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Okay. Back to the Matrix. Come on guys, get along, you're going to get this thread locked for flaming......unless the mods dislike AWB, in which case, keep it up! (J/K AWB)

Anyway, what's wrong with AWB liking Daredevil. Personally, I can see where he's coming from. I liked the use of effects in Spider-Man and X-Men, because it actually fit with their characters. I'll admit, I wasn't impressed with Daredevil, but everyone's entitled to likes and dislikes. I loved Minority Report, the rest of my house didn't care for it, but enjoyed such films as Titanic, which I was dissappointed with personally. We don't argue each other opinions like politicians all the time. Remember: Mint and Banannas....come on!

Let's spread some love people. :/

-Matt

(And anyway, AWB thinks you're just as big dorks as you think he is, so there's no changing his opinion. Why would you want to anyway. Nobody can be right or wrong in this case....anyway...maybe TAC, but that's because you just don't generally argue with him...)

4. spring_warm

spring_warm Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2003
    We were simply stating our opinons on the nature of AWB's taste, we dont want to change his opinons just letting him know that if he runs around bashing the matrix and saying how great Dare Devil is people will beat him senseless, at least they would in my 'hood

5. PS2Snake

PS2Snake Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    ya, spring_warm(WINTER_CHILI ) is very correct, but AWB will probably post something saying that he is standing up for his opinion or he will give another comment that will make it into spring_warms sig.

6. The-Matt-Man

Feb 19, 2002
    It just kind of seems senseless to bash a person who's going to bash back. He's flaming and you're trying to fight flame with more flame, that causes forest fires my friend, and water causes steam, and dirt causes a dirty mess to pick up. Just cut off the frickin' oxygen and nobody will be banned, and no topic locking will be eminent.

To keep on topic. I wish they did things the hard way instead of making the CG Agent Amiths and Neo. It just looks really CG, kind of like a motion blurred stop motion figure...I dunno, anyway....mint and bananna... mint and bananna.

-Matt

7. PS2Snake

PS2Snake Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    you do have a pretty good point, so anyways back to the topicbut dont you think CG would look better than motion blured stop-motion figures? I think that scene looks very good. But you have to admit the digital double or what ever new method they used is very well-made.

8. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I dunno. I distinctly recall it being said that it took 30 days to SHOOT (not motion capture) the Burly Brawl.

I'm willing to let Cinefex be the final word on this.

M. Scott

9. spring_warm

spring_warm Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2003
    that will make it into spring_warms sig.

You can call me Kevin :)

10. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    "He's flaming and you're trying to fight flame with more flame"

Yes, and it generally works very well in my experience. You don't win wars by waving white flags and handing out flowers. :)

Spring_Warm - Your sig is halarious!

AWB - Please don't resent anyone in the forum for this. You made an argument and now we are critiquing the basis for it. You have only flamed the matrix citing its flaws in extremely vague and generalized terms, offering no counter-examples. This leads us to believe that you in face have NO bassis for argument and even realize it yourself since you have yet to provide a single -- much less sufficient -- counter-example.

11. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Thanks for saving me the effort, WD. AWB, again, where's the proof?

**this post, and this thread are practically gasoline.**

12. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Gasoline?

*must resist "flamer" joke*

13. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    *watches trailer*

*jaw drops*

*drools*

Hey, AWB is entitled to his own opinion, even if it is completely off-base and badly supported by facts.

14. nestofvipers

nestofvipers Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2003
    What a load of commercial ****

15. nestofvipers

nestofvipers Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2003
    matrix sucks like star wars

16. AlanSmitheeIII

AlanSmitheeIII Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2001
    Nest...uh-oh.

You will prob get banned, but you don't care..seeing as you are using an A) Sock, B) Throw away account...

Funny BA2 post though.

17. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Now, I realise that the above poster is a troll, and trying to stir up trouble, but I'd like to take this moment to please ask him to kindly leave our forum.

No one is going to take you seriously, you're not going to start a war, this is not going to result in a lot of DRAMA, so, please, just go.

Thank you. That is all.

?Eaglet

18. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I finally agree with you Eagle, I guess it took an idiot to make us side on an issue...

19. GaNgStA

GaNgStA Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2003
    Just for not bieng rude :D but we have an ehmm... an ''Official FanFilms Social Thread'' so we chould easly contineu talking about the matrix trailer in there :)

thx u...

C.J

20. morpheous531

morpheous531 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2002
    Well my name should tell you what the hell my opinion is on these films...

...oh and I've been working on a SW/Matrix film for about a year now. Hope to have a test soon (I've had to teach my brother-in-law how to use a sword).

21. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    you mean like MatrixJedi?

22. The-Matt-Man

Feb 19, 2002
    I don't believe I have ever seen a flame thread end without someone locking it. AWB has unsupported reasons for not seeing eye to eye with half the people here, what are you going to do about it, insult him and hope he changes his mind? I don't mean to be flat out but that's pretty childish of some of you guys after that '12 year old translator' statement made earlier, and even that was a little harsh. Who's the adult, who's the young teen? More importantly, why do you feel so compelled to make everyone like this movie? I don't like sea food aside from mahi and swordfish, I have tasted many types of sea food, and I just don't like the flavor. Are you going to tell me that my taste buds are stupid for not liking the flavor of shrimp scampy? Who decides what makes a movie good or bad? Isn't it the viewer? I for one am pretty sure it is, otherwise you all would agree with the negative statements made about sub-par acting, and 'comic book hero plot' in the matrix after reading the movie reviews when it was released. So shouldn't anyone who dislikes the Matrix be entitled to break from the cult following it and like other movies, even though they use matrix-like effects (BTW, the Matrix was only the first movie to use the effect where there's a 360 pan-around with movement, and it set a new record for production expenses. Everything else had been done, including the black leather jackets, so I don't know why everyone thinks that movies are ripping off the effects. If anything, they make them better by coming up with more realistic methods)? Anyway, that's all I have to say.

-Matt

(P.S. WD: I'm not telling you to surrender, I'm suggesting that you let him be. You're not phasing him in the least you know.)

23. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    The difference is this is not a 'State what you like/dislike about the matrix' thread. I mean really, it is like being a KKK member in full attire preaching right in the middle of a black power rally, what do you think is going to happen? And as my next point shows...

"Hey, AWB is entitled to his own opinion, even if it is completely off-base and badly supported by facts."

Indeed he is allowed to have his opinion, but he must also live with the consequences of that opinion and understand that I too will have my opinions about both the matrix and his judgement. The first amendment is a double edged sword my friends.

24. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Gasoline is fuel for flames.

25. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I mean really, it is like being a KKK member in full attire preaching right in the middle of a black power rally, what do you think is going to happen?

Instant comedy.

(Hey, it's funny when bad people get what they deserve, especially in the form of a beat-down.)

The first amendment is a double edged sword my friends.

Technical note: The first amendment does not apply on the JC. This is a private forum owned and operated by the mods. They could make it a rule saying "No talking about printer cartridges" and we would have to comply or be banned.

Rick McCallum loves you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.