main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Matrix Reloaded New Theatrical Trailer WOW!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PS2Snake, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Well, it halfway applies...We can excercise it, but the mods can edit it. There are really very few international internet laws...and it would be a terrible day when one country's law had jurisdiction over the resident of another country...did you forget this was an international forum (whoever said that about the first ammendment)?

2. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
  3. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    "The first amendment is a double edged sword my friends."

Adam - Technical note: The first amendment does not apply on the JC. This is a private forum owned and operated by the mods. They could make it a rule saying "No talking about printer cartridges" and we would have to comply or be banned.

Silverfox - did you forget this was an international forum (whoever said that about the first ammendment)?

Sigh... how did I know that someone was going to chime in and start whining about technicalities, it just surprises me that it was Adam and Silverfox.

I do not mean '1st Ammendment' as the basis for law, I was refering to the concept. So here... let me rephrase it in a more politically correct context so that I don't have any more would-be-lawyers trying to rip me off on a technicality.

The philosophy that someone is entitled to their own opinion is a double edged sword.

Is everyone happy now or is there any more nitpicking that needs to be done?

4. sithgoblin3

sithgoblin3 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    mmmmmmm... I'd say it's more an idea :p

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    doggans -- cute! [face_laugh] and the lightsaber noises -- too funny!

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. althegreat

althegreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    good stuff doggans, good stuff...

7. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    WD, I beg to differ....Technically, it wasn't a "technicality...."

Hahaha, jk! I couldn't resist. Maybe you are aware of such things, but I say what you may consider the obvious for those who are less adept.

And I agree with doggans, this "feels like a sequel." It seems to be sort of tongue-in-cheek.

8. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Edit: Cleaning up my friends mess.

-Matt

9. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    I hate fig for inspiring posts like this. Bad FIG! YOU CAUSED FLAMING! And I'm Net-SHOUTING! Hahaha. It doesn't have to be locked, this thread is quite interesting. I don't like the new direction of the series, but I am MOST DEFINITELY going to see it at the 12:01 showing on what, May 15? Or was it May 19? I think the graphics have just gotten "cartoonish," which I'm not a fan of. Also, by the same virtue that AWB has the right to an opinion online, WD has the right to bash...think about it.

10. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    "and he didn't insult your religion"
    Okay, you don't know me very well. I idolize 'The Matrix' and the Wachowskis. Slander about the Wachowskis or John Woo is much more insulting to me than my mother, religion, and government.

And really, about me having a fork up my ass or whatever you said. Please read my first post. If you really thought I was being serious when writing that then you are way off the mark. Thats why I posted again to try and tell AWB I wasn't serious. I tend to joke around with my criticism... but it does move to all out flame when people don't get it and start setting their sights on me.

11. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry about that WD. My friend has caused trouble more than once. I'm back now though, so I'm sorry he was being an @$$ to you guys... the constapated weiner dog thing was funny though. (BTW WD: Lloyd wanted to say that he thinks you have no life. Don't listen to him, he's a trekkie and a bad surfer (tell me how that works!))

I have a new suggestion! How about we put the flaming behind us and get back on topic. All right: Matrix: Reloaded (and Revelations), Animatrix, domina....never mind.... trailers... trailer was cool. As I said earlier I'm going to see it. I'll probably be dragged into an advanced screening for regal employees (Five points for whoever can guess where half my friends work!), which means I get to see it for free, which means I'll probably have a much nicer review.
    Some guys (and two girls) I know are going in costume (minus the guns) to the first showing opening day. I laugh, but they think it's cool. To each his own, right?

Again, my apologies for my friend. Hopefully he's sorry.

-Matt

EDIT: WD, you posted in the social thread that you thought Lloyd and I were the same guy. Please read my post in there. We are NOT the same guy. We aren't even the same race, age, or even personality type. Please don't hold me accountable for his actions.

12. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Alright, you get points for straightening that out and thereby causing the last bastion of resistance to fall into my controll!

NOW I AM INVINCIBLE!!! :p

13. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    *Sage shoots WhisperingDeath at point blank range and laughs as his body hits the floor*

Guess that magic bulletproof potion didn't work after all. I'd return it to Pier 1 if I were you...

;) :D ;)

Sage H.

14. morpheous531

morpheous531 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2002
    Hey WD I am also a fanatic of this story and the films...

...it is like a religion because of the multiple philosophies the story intails...

...but I have learned to not allow others opinions bother me. I'm going to watch these films whether no one likes it or everyone likes it. Actually, I become more bothered by people who jump on the bandwagon now when I have been obsessing about these sequels since '99.

...oh and my fanfilm will be called "The Jedi Construct"

...I always ask whenever someone bashes the Matrix whether they are a SW fan or not. If they are, I tell them they are just holding a grudge because the Matrix won the visual effects award over Ep.1 LOL J/K

I'm a big fan of both stories.

15. jdawg224

jdawg224 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2003
    wow, that trailer kicked arse!

16. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Mine was better. :p

17. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    I always ask whenever someone bashes the Matrix whether they are a SW fan or not. If they are, I tell them they are just holding a grudge because the Matrix won the visual effects award over Ep.1

Episode I deserved that award; Matrix did not.

What Matrix DID deserve, and was ROBBED of, was Best Cinematography. Their use of the camera, of lighting, color, images, framing and (yes!) camera moves -- including the digital camera moves we see in "Bullet Time" -- were innovative and important.

As for special effects, Jar Jar Binks is a far more important achievement than bullet time. So is the extensive digital backlot work Lucas strived for. The cinema has benefited from these digital innovations -- think of LOTR for just one example. Bullet time, on the other hand, has proved itself good for nothing except The Matrix, parodies of The Matrix, and that one Gap commercial.

Rick McCallum loves you!

18. morpheous531

morpheous531 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2002
    I disagree...

...creating a world or CGI has been done time and time again. Hell, if Pixar got involved in making live-action films they would blow everyone out of the water when it comes to CGI.

But in 99, the Matrix made a revolutionary technique...

...and just because bullet time hasn't found it's way into another film in a proper way doesn't mean it's useless..

...don't blame the effect, blame those that haven't had a good creative vision to use bullet time in.

Just my opinion...

19. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Just to play Devil's Advocate, don't forget that a lesser bullet time effect was in Lost in Space and Wing Commander.

20. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    No, as I have pointed out MANY times before that was not 'bullet time' that was an effect known as 'dead time'. You may have also seen 'Dead Time' in those Khaki commercials.

Dead time is motion stopped with camera movement.

Bullet time is slow motion with camera motion.

For my $.02 - Matrix deserved best visual effects in my book but it was a VERY close run between the two and I can respect the other opinion.

I am going to be hacked off no matter what this academy awards though... Because both the Wachowski's and Peter Jackson deserve an Oscar for directing!!! Why can't they just give out two :_|

21. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    I am going to be hacked off no matter what this academy awards though... Because both the Wachowski's and Peter Jackson deserve an Oscar for directing!!! Why can't they just give out two

Well, since neither the Wachowskis nor Peter Jackson are going to win you needn't worry.

(And PJ deserved best director for FOTR methinks, but I seriously doubt they'll throw him a bone even if ROTK is the best of the three)

Rick McCallum loves you!

22. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Who do you think is going to be up next year then?

23. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Since this thread is spawning other OT - This movie rocks/sucks, I'm shutting it down.

You can continue the discussion in the Social Thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.