main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic The Matrix Reloaded on a scale from 1 to 10

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by KitFist0, May 14, 2003.

?

The Matrix Reloaded on a scale from 1 to 10

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. I have seen it, I loved it. (8.5 to 10)

38.5%
  2. I have seen it, I liked it. (7 to 8.4)

19.2%
  3. I have seen it, and meh. (4 to 6.9)

11.5%
  4. I have seen it, and hated where's my money ? ? ? (1 to 3.9)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I haven't seen it, and going to see it when it comes out on DVD.

3.8%
  6. I haven't seen it, and I dont plan on seeing, and I'm indifferent about seeing it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I haven't seen it, and don't want to see it.

11.5%
  8. The Matrix is stupid.

3.8%
  9. Other

11.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I'm not talking about censoring it, Kit. But really, do you need sex to sell shampoo? There's a difference between sex as an expression and overkill. Things today are in overkill. If it adds to the plot, fine. But how in the world did that sex scene add to the movie as a whole? Did anyone have any lingering suspecsions that "The One" couldn't have sex or something? I don't mean to sound rude, which is the way I think I'm coming off. I'm sorry if I am. I understand the sex drive. It's the biggest drive any human experiences. But there are proper ways to satisfy that drive. You don't need to plaster it on everything and keep it front and center like the media does. The first Matrix didn't do that. This one did. That's why Ryan said it was a sellout.

2. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    is it possible that it could have ended any more... um... ABRUPTLY!!! i hated that!!!

(p.s. ... im 24 today :D)

3. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Happy Birthday :D

4. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Happy Birthday ;)

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    The main reason some people get offended or are upset about the amount sex used on American (and Canadian) TV and movies is because we (America more so) are a lot more censored about sexual things like this. If you watch European TV, sexuality and nudity are generally taken for granted and not given a second though. But because of the vast amounts of censorship, most North Americans have become rather "prudish" when it comes to sexuality. That is one of the main reasons why homosexuality still isn't widely accepted in most areas.

However, Canada is slowly become less "prudish" and is turning more to the European ways of embracing and celebrating sexuality. America is as well, but much slower because their government is still way too Conservative and censor-happy.

So if you guys think that there's too much nudity and sexuality around now, I suggest you don't watch too much TV or movies in the future.

6. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    I do believe I will probably be taking your suggestion in the future, Derek, if things keep going the way they are now. Who needs television? It just takes up time that should be spent with the family. I don't believe I will ever let my kids watch as much TV as I did growing up. I want to spend as much time with them as possible, cause it's over all too fast... :)

That's right! It's the 22nd! Happy Birthday, Spanky!! :D

[image=http://senett.mageos.com/image/birthday-cake-white.jpg]

7. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I think watching TV is a great way to spend time with your family. It encourages and stimulates conversation and creative thinking (contrary to what Bart Simpson said :p )

8. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    If the choice was between watching The Simpsons with my kids, or going outside and playing ball with them, than outside would win. And if it's raining? Whoever said board games were a pasttime? ;)

9. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jobi-wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    I haven't seen it yet and i hope I'll be able to before it leaves the theaters.

10. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm sure it'll be in theatres for half the summer.

11. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Bump!

I saw this movie yesterday. I would like to give a 0.9 out of ten.

If I could describe this movie in two words, I would say it's retarded and monotonous.

They used the exact same special effects from the last one. There wasn't anything knew about it. That whole "frozen in time" thing was done so many times, I wanted to scream. There was a story there somewhere, but it was buried in special effects and fight scenes that were repetitive and went on forever.

If you live repetitiveness, then this is the movie for you!

Oh and that sex scene. I wouldn't classify it as a sex scene because it is too tame for that. It was more of a love scene, because Trinity and Neo had more love in their eyes than lust. Plus, Neo had that flashback of his dream of her *****(spoiler I guess) and he was instantly worried about her. If it was lust, he would of just rolled off of her and that would be it.

IF you want a sex scene, rent American Pie, Eyes Wide Shut, or Basic Instinct. The only slight lust in the Matrix Reloaded was in the tribal dance scene.

12. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Hmmm...I guess there are a few ways to see it. To me, a sex scene is a sex scene. If there are two people there, and they're having sex, it's a sex scene, period. I do see, though, where you're coming from, and I appreciate the distinction you have made! :)

I do agree with your thoughts about the movie, too. Dead on!

13. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    If there are two people there, and they're having sex, it's a sex scene, period.

I agree with you Tammy. I think that scene kills everything they had right for the Zion scene. If they wanted to show how close they were there are different ways. They totaly sold out with that sex scene, I think we can all agree on it.

14. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    They totaly sold out with that sex scene

At least it was better than a damn fight scene! The same thing over and over and over and over!!!

I was like, "Awww hell, not another fight scene!"
    The first one was better.

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I liked it . . . although there were some parts where I just said, "What the **** did they put that in there for?" They were, by chance, the sex scene and the part with the cake that makes the woman . . . yeah. Other than that, I understood most of the insane plot thing. The other thing I don't like is that he can fly . . . but that's leftover from the first one.

16. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    [Jay Sherman]It stinks![/Jay Sherman]

Barely a plot, crappy effects, repetative fight scenes.

17. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Yep...my friend kept calling the flying thing. It was cool the first couple of times. After that, it was, Gee, there he goes again! Maybe he'll run into a plane this time?

18. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    i agree with what the popular decision is about this movie... i mean... im sure that it was obvious right from the get go that they liked eachother... and im sure that if the mind lingered long enough (or the progression of thought would have brought us to it)... we could have figured out how much they liked eachother (i mean come on... they show neo getting out of bed before the scene even got there and trinity was there with him)... but to actually put it on the big screen isnt really what i would call kosher... if they REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted people to see that scene, they shoud have edited it from the screen showing... and put it in as a deleted scene or an add on to the dvd.
    there also comes the point of... little kids might like the first movie... and would want to see this one too... so, they get a parent to take them to the movies, and there infront of them is something that the parents were trying to keep them away from until they became old enough to understand that... (now, when i say little kids... i dont mean like 5,6,7 year olds... im referring to 10,11,12 year olds, that can grasp the idea of the movie... they ARE out there... lol).

19. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    LOL! I will admit, I put my hand over my little brother's eyes (he's 12) during a scene in X2. I just don't remember what it was anymore!

20. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Not seen it yet, but will do soon. Still looking forward to it despite what everyone says.

And spanky what you said about kids, why should they be watching it anyway? From what I can see it's to violent for kids. The first one was a 15 here and that still sounds about right even with what sounds like a very mild sex scene

21. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Isn't the movie rated PG13 or adult or something? Who in their right mind would take a 10 year old to The Matrix ?[face_plain]

22. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    The second Matrix is rated R in the States, and 14AA in Canada. But some parents don't really care what their kids see, unfortunately.

23. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, I remember when I saw "Scary Movie" with my sister, there were parents there with five year old kids. But the parents didn't know what they were getting into...

24. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    The second Matrix is rated R in the States, and 14AA in Canada. But some parents don't really care what their kids see, unfortunately.

My parents don't mind what my siblings and I see, not me anymore because I'm an adult. They would rather us judge for ourselves and we will talk out about it.

25. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Anybody, 13 years old and under is a child. Anybody about that can get into AA movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.