San Diego, CA The Matrix Reloaded on IMAX!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AnakinWisler, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Only a few short week left until it's released!!! :D :cool: May 15th is the day!

First off, anyone want to gather for a midnight screening?? I plan on seeing it at midnight, and thought we could get a group together. :cool: You know...kinda like what we did for TTT. [face_mischief] I get in line at 9am and everyone joins me at the front about 7pm. 8-}

Second, does anyone know where it will be playing at midnight :confused: 8-}
  2. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'd like to see it at midnight! And I think I joined you in line closer to 6pm... I couldn't help it... I drove around the parking lot for 1/2 an hour looking for a place to park! :p
  3. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm hoping our "movie-man" DarthBrian 8-} can find a location. I have heard that there would be midnight screenings, but have yet to find one. :(
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hopefully Mira Mesa again... I liked that theatre.
  5. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Noone's announced midnight screenings yet.

I asked Mira Mesa already (I asked them about midnight showing of X2 also :D ) and they only have tickets available for one screen right now (because they don't know how many prints they're going to get, but they assume at least one) and they won't know if they'll have a midnight screening until a week or two before. So, don't worry, I'm on top of things. ;)

So, how's a midnight screening for X2 sound if they have one? If not, I'll probably just go after work the Friday it comes out as is my usual routine. :p

EDIT: Everyone did see the Matrix Reloaded Trailer I posted up on our other message boards, right? :)
  6. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes, please find out about the X2 midnight show too. *crosses fingers its in Mira Mesa... meesa no likin' AMC Mission Valley*
  7. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    Mira Mesa is cool... saw TTT there. I'd be up for a midnite showing of Reloaded!
  8. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    Not sure I could pull the midnight shift on that one...but the first morning showing on the other hand... [face_grin}
  9. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Why not :confused: I plan on seeing more than once on opening day. :)
  10. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    /\
    Not sure If I want to wait in line all day to see the Matrix. Wait, what am I saying? Where's everyone going to be seeing it?
  11. BenKnoB Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm up for X2 and Matrix reloaded at midnight,or on opening day. Never been inside
    Mira Mesa,only outside for AOTC,so an adventure it would be.
  12. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Most likely Mira Mesa. And Brian has taken the day off from work and has already volunteered to get there early in the morning to get in line. I will be arriving around 3pm. :)
  13. BenKnoB Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can probably come early to get in line also
    sometimes even a jedi has to pee.Sith too I
    bet.
  14. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    And Brian has taken the day off from work and has already volunteered to get there early in the morning to get in line.

I have? ?[face_plain]
  15. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, thanks for volunteering :)
  16. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OMG OMG OMG! The Matrix is coming to IMAX! :D Who wants to go on another trip up to Universal City Walk? :D

Edit: Forgot to mention the article is from ComingSoon.net

IMAX Corporation announced today that The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, the second and third chapters in the Wachowski Brothers' revolutionary film trilogy, will be coming to IMAX® theatres this spring and fall. The sequels, from Warner Bros. Pictures, Village Roadshow Pictures and producer Joel Silver, will be digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience®, using the revolutionary and proprietary IMAX® DMR(TM) (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The financial terms were not disclosed.

"The Matrix Reloaded: The IMAX Experience" will open shortly after the film's 35mm release on May 15th. And, on November 5th, "The Matrix Revolutions: The IMAX Experience" will be released simultaneously on giant IMAX screens in the IMAX 15/70 format and in conventional theatres in the standard 35mm format. This will mark the first time ever that a Hollywood live action event film is released concurrently in 35mm and IMAX's format. IMAX's agreement with Warner Bros. Pictures, which will be the exclusive distributor of the films to IMAX theatres worldwide, is also the first multiple IMAX DMR film commitment by a major Hollywood studio.

"We're excited to give fans the opportunity to experience the world of The Matrix in this spectacular format," said Joel Silver, producer of The Matrix trilogy. "Throughout the IMAX DMR conversion process, the IMAX team took meticulous care in maintaining the technical integrity of the films. The IMAX Experience of both The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions will add a new dimension to the films' groundbreaking visual action and advances the Wachowski Brothers' vision for telling the trilogy's story in multiple formats."

"The re-mastered IMAX versions of The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions provide our audience with a whole new way to experience the films that is even more immersive and more exciting," said Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. "We are very pleased to be able to bring these two innovative, cutting edge, spectacular motion picture experiences to the millions of Matrix fans and new audiences at IMAX theatres, and to be taking part in what we believe is part of the future of cinema. IMAX's dedication and enthusiasm under the direction of Greg Foster, IMAX's President of Filmed Entertainment, makes this project not only a landmark in motion picture distribution, but also a real pleasure, and one that we look forward to repeating in the near future."

"The Matrix always scored among the highest when we asked our consumers what movies they wanted to see re-mastered in IMAX's format, and we believe that the high concept, high tech films will be great for IMAX theatres," said Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler, Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs, IMAX Corporation. "We are thrilled to work with Warner Bros. Pictures, Village Roadshow and Joel Silver to bring The Matrix Reloaded: The IMAX Experience to IMAX theatres this spring -- and to be making motion picture history by bringing the first ever day and date release of a live-action event film to IMAX theatres with The Matrix Revolutions this fall. Today, our longtime goal of bringing Hollywood's best event films to IMAX theatres concurrent with the 35mm release, becomes a reality. Warner Bros. Pictures is truly visionary in seeding this new ancillary window through the release of these spectacular films."

17. Epicauthor Force Ghost

star 4
    ^

I'm so happy I'm speechless.

Matrix costumes anyone?
  18. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    The Matrix is coming to IMAX

[face_shocked] :D
    Whoa!

8-}

Matrix costumes anyone?

[face_mischief] Actually...I just might be doing that! :cool:
  19. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A 60 ft.. Keanu [face_love] *faints*

Edit: So far Mira Mesa theatre is just listing shows on May 2nd as playing at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, and 10pm... *sigh*
  20. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    a couple years ago, i made a simple Neo costume... although some folk confused me with the trench coat mafia of columbine when i wasn't wearing the shades.
  21. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    So far Mira Mesa theatre is just listing shows on May 2nd as playing at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, and 10pm... *sigh*

I told you it won't be till at least May 2nd until they know how many prints they're going to get. Then they'll announce more shows and if they're going to have a midnight showing.
  22. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Ya'll need to let me know if they're any good. Can't get a sitter for that late at night. We'll get to see them at some point...if anyone's seeing them later in the evening we might be able to do it. I would *Love* to see them on IMAX! That sounds too cool!!
  23. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    IIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in.
  24. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Apparently they've increased the length of time an IMAX movie can run. So The Matrix Reloaded (and Revolutions) will be full length with nothing cut out. Read about it here.

Maybe this means they'll re-release AOTC in IMAX yet again so they can show the whole thing.

Or maybe that's why they re-released it back in March? ?[face_plain]
  25. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No, I saw AOTC on IMAX twice in March and it was still the short version with the 23 minutes cut out. I do hope they release AOTC again... not this year though... but next year on IMAX.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.