The Matrix Reloaded on IMAX!

Discussion in 'San Diego, CA' started by AnakinWisler, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Why would you care if it was raining? Aren't you going to be waiting inside? :confused: Being inside a movie theatre on a rainy day is the best place to be. Why don't you go see another movie this morning and then get in the Matrix line?
  2. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, nobody was there so I left.

I'll go back at noon.

Funny story.

I asked them when they thought the line was going to start. And they said 'later this evening'.

Heh. 'Later this evening'.

Cracked me up. :p

Why don't you go see another movie this morning and then get in the Matrix line?

Good idea! :eek:

And they said they line would be outside until it got closer to showtime and then they would move it inside.
  3. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I asked them when they thought the line was going to start. And they said 'later this evening'.

Heh. 'Later this evening'.

Cracked me up.

It cracks me up how stupid people working in movie theatres are. Do they make it a requirement that people working there NOT like movies? It seems like they never understand the whole "fan", "waiting in line" deal.
  4. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Shouldn't they have the line inside? :confused: It was for TTT and it was raining...like today :)

I'll be there in 4 1/2 hrs :D... so you won't be too lonely, Brian ;) :p
  5. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Have fun everyone. I'll be thinking about you tonight (as I crawl into bed at 10pm ;) )
  6. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    See you in an hour or so! Colt, bring your laptop and I'll bring some movies!!
  7. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm off to Fashion Valley to begin the wait there...have fun in Mira Mesa, everyone!! Take pics!!
  8. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Here are some pics! :D :cool:

[image=http://images3.fotki.com/v24/free/9d4e/6/63871/259236/DSC01078-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images3.fotki.com/v24/free/9d4e/6/63871/259236/DSC01080-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images3.fotki.com/v24/free/9d4e/6/63871/259236/DSC01086-vi.jpg]

Edit: Post edited at AW's request
  9. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    You see.
    This is why I don't like having my picture taken.

You guys really should stop doing that. It will only emotionally scar you all for life.

Not to mention steal my soul. :(
  10. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    i already stole brian's soul, so you can continue to take pictures of him.

don't worry brian, i am keeping it safe and will return it to you before you die, with karmic interest. right now i am using it to keep my coffee table level.

11. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    karmic interest

Sounds like a new drink from Starbucks. :D
  12. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    When are we going to go up to Universal Citywalk and see this on the IMAX?
  13. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    i already stole brian's soul

:(
  14. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    don't worry.. it is still connected to you, i just put it in a jar with some twigs and leaves and i punched a few holes in hte top so it can get air to breathe.
  15. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    Pardon the randomness here...

Just another thought in support of the matrix-within-a-matrix theory... When Cypher is killing everyone off in the Matrix I, he says that "there would have to be some kind of miracle" to stop him from killing Neo. Perhaps the machines altered the programming to allow Tank to live and kill Cypher to ensure that the One survives.

Continuting this in an Infinities manner... had Tank died, there would have been no operator, Morpheus would be dead, and Neo would be even more lost as to what to do next. The Neb would be assigned a new captain, maybe one who didn't believe the Prophecy and thus, would not allow Neo to fully realize his potential as the one. There would be no multiple Smiths, and thus, no EMP would have been triggered to sabotage Zion's defenses. The humans may have sucessfully defended Zion, since the Neb and the 2 other ships would help with the defense now that crazy Morpheus is no longer around.

The human race would continue to survive, and the One would never fulfill his purpose without anyone who believes in the Prophecy. Because of this, the code would not be redistributed so there would be no more Ones. The anomaly would continue to grow, the Matrix would collapse, and given the continued chance to multiply and free more people from the Matrix, the humans would win the war.

And all this would have happened had Tank died. But he didn't. And the machines could have ensured their survival by rewriting a little of his programming to make him survive. It's all about control...
  16. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Anyone up to see the Matrix on the Imax screen? I'll drive... pick a date and time.

Desert Imax
    12:40pm, 7:00pm daily, with a 9:40pm show on Friday and Saturday

Universal City Imax
    4:00pm, 7:00pm, and 10pm daily
  17. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Fiiiiiinally

YES! :D Universal is the one I would like to go to. :D When is it released? Is it ok if I bring along Leslie? ;) :D
  18. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
  19. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    I won't be in town on the 21st. :(

How long is it going to be playing there?

I'll be out of town from the 19th to the 28th.
  20. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    If anyone named Leslie comes along, they have to be dressed in proper Matrix attire. :) Same for anyone named Susie!!

confession: I just love seeing my girl dressed all in black with dark glasses and bristling with guns. Not that it ever happens or anything. :)
  21. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll be out of town that weekend as well. We need to go before or after that date. Before would be nice as I'm not sure how long the Matrix will be playing on IMAX. I'll call them today and find that info out.
  23. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll go, depending on the date.
  24. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Now this is MY kind of Matrix. :D Notice the scrolling words are in Aurabesh.

[image=http://theforce.net/museum/images/Miscellaneous/jf-vadercode.jpg]
  25. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.