main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Matrix Reloaded = Racism, or More idiots hoping for screen time on the news.

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
  2. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    *rolls eyes*

That is so stupid, but so typical for today. Why do people have to read into everything???

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Damn, that is just really sad. People will cry about anything if it slightly offends them in any way, regardless if it's not meant to be offensive. So what if the Twins are albino, or as that spokesperson said in the article, "dead"? They're awesome villains! I bet if those Twins were any other color, black, hispanic, asian, whatever, some group would be yelling about that too probably! It's just a movie for god's sake! It's not like those albinos were victims of something racist-related! They're VILLAINS! They deserve to get their tails kicked! And this leads back to the part where some activist finds that offensive. I mean, cmon, all kinds of people are portrayed as villains in movies - but oh no, we can't have some poor albinos in there! Now that is just plain stupid. Seems you can't do anything right to please everyone these days - even if it is a blockbuster movie hit...some sort of "scum and villainy" always has to attempt to try to ruin things.

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I have no doubt anymore that this society has splintered into so many little factions...that somebody would take offense to SOMETHING in the movie. There's probably someone who takes offense to my frustration with their over-sensitive behavior.

I had hoped that this was one of those websites, Don is (in)famous for finding as a joke...I'm afraid not!

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Ok, The Twins' eyes are covered by sunglasses throughout the entire movie. You can't tell if they are red or not. And their hair is platinum (a light shade of yellow), not white. So there is no way they are albino.

[joke]I however take offense that the Agents are representative of "well-to-do white males." I feel mocked. Where's my settlement check?[/sarcasm]

Seems like anyone will bia bia about anything these days to get some money or 15 minutes of fame. Maybe it's a good thing these people are still connected to the Matrix... I wouldn't want them running amok in the real world.

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    ::Bangs head on wall till passes out::

7. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    That's so dumb; they will probably sue for millions of dollars & get it. Just another way for lazy people to make money. Complain about anything and everything. Stupid people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.