main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The Matrix Reloaded

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by merlin, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Bah!

Excuses, excuses.

2. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]How early should we get there? (gulfpointe amc) I'd like to be able to see the entire screen when I see it for the first time so I don't mind waiting in line.

Starts at 10:00 the movie does. What time, be there, should I?

A thought??

Anyone.....[/color]

3. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I wouldn't say to get there TOO early. I mean, obviously get there early enough to get a good seat. But, that's not too difficult. In a 600 person theater, if you get there somewhat at a decent time, it'll be fine. You don't need to be the first person there, or even the 99th person there.

Gulfpointe doesn't really like lineups like that, either, so it would be good to check with them earlier that day to get more info.

4. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]MMMhmmmhmhmhhmhmh. Truly wonderful the mind of a Queenie is.

Miss Amidala is right. Call the Gulfpointe AMC on Tuesday or Wednesday will I. Find out the time to arrive, I will. ;)

Anywho, if anyone wants to come over to my place and watch the Matrix beforehand, lemme know. :)[/color]

5. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Ok, tickets are purchased. We will be there. I guess we'll get there around 8pm?

6. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Sweet!

8 doesn't sound to bad. However, I definitely won't be arriving before that.

Are we bringing the laptop, Brian?

7. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Well, if you wanna watch the matrix at the theater beforehand, then yeah. But I'd recommend getting there a little earlier than 8 if you wanna get through the whole movie before Reloaded starts. [/color]

8. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    You can get there as much before 8 as you want.

;)

Personally, I don't need to sit at the theater to watch the DVD. I have a DVD player or two at home. :p

9. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Well, that was what I was askin about in my previous post. I'd be up for watchin the first matrix here at my apartment before we head to the theater. If anyone wants to do that, just say so. :)[/color]

10. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, I'll probably be there.

11. StarbuckTx

StarbuckTx Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm taking Thursday, May 15th off from work to see it during the day without all the crowds...hopefully. X-Men: United was really good and I have high hopes for this one as well.

12. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    While it is nice to avoid crowds whenever possible, I find that half the fun in situations such as movie releases like this, is being with the crowds of die-hard fans. I wouldn't trade the first showing/midnight experience for anything. :)

13. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    I'm gunna be at gulf pointe for 10pm! wooooooooooooo

maybe i'll see some of y'all!

14. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Sadly, I would trade my midnight showing experiences of The Two Towers and TPM for theatres with working projectors and air conditioning.

rant
    Honestly, I haven't been to a decent showing of Two Towers yet - there has always been something to ruin the experience for me. The second time I went, there was a baby in the seat directly behind me, who spent the entire movie doing this bizarre impression of an iron lung. I honestly thought someone was dying back there. My experience with babies is limited, but do they often sound like they are gasping for breath... for hours?
    /rant

Last time I went to a midnight showing at Gulfpoint, however, it was really good.

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    That does indeed suck. I really think all of the usher people they pay to stand around and wait for movies to be let out should do more routine checks inside the theaters for disturbances.

I saw TTT at Gulfpointe, and I don't remember there being anything going wrong, other than my needing to go to the bathroom in such a long movie. ;)

The midnight showing of AOTC would have been fine, as well, had they not shut the air off in the middle of the movie. And I never get hot.

Rock on, yodaboy! We can devise some way of your being able to find us....if you want to that is. ;)

16. StarbuckTx

StarbuckTx Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    That's true about the crowds though. I and several others waited *hours* to see LOTR-TTT at the Edwards Mark*E "big screen". We had a incredible group of people there to see it with. But, it has been my experience that I, or other friends with me, usually get stuck in front or back of some kids with cell phones constantly checking their voicemail, text messaging, etc., or even worse, using my seatback to kick the dirt of their shoes *sigh*. So we try to avoid the crowds.

You do miss the participation of the audience (which can really set the tone for the movie), but since I attract the wrong type of participation - I try to pass :)

I saw the opening show for Spiderman and the movie theater manager even came out and introduced the show. I felt like I was in 1950's Hollywood or something. That crowd was *stoked* for the movie!

Y'all have fun Wednesday night!

17. yodaboy

Feb 5, 2001
    I'll be wearing this shirt with a group of 11 people, two who will be adults, the rest are highschoolers, and one college dude:

[image=http://www.efreesh.com/TEE.jpg]

I'm probably going to wear that... let me get a picture of my self...

[image=http://www.efreesh.com/first.jpg]

altough i no longer wear glasses, and my hair may be spiked up... but i respond to the code name "josh" (yeah, i thought it was wierd to, i don't know why my parents didn'tjust name me yodaboy oh well) if you do approach me, make sure to identify that you're from teh boards cuz i don't usually talk to strangers ;)

18. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]We should be there around 8 or so. who's the group you are going to be with??[/color]

19. yodaboy

Feb 5, 2001
    I'll be there maybe around 9. I'm going with a group from my church :)

20. Nephizul

Nephizul Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2003
    Tonight is the night!!!
    However I will be going to see it in my neck of the woods on Thursday morning at Tinseltown in Beaumont.

21. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    I who has seen the Matrix? Is it good?

22. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]There's a reaction thread JUUUUUUUST under this one about this movie. :p[/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.