main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I think my body would have a "revolution" at 7 am. Oh well, I will be there too.

2. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    It's gonna be a blast.

3. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    I will try to get this of... 7am is easy for me... it's not working that's the problem.

4. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    7 am? aughhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

5. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I'll be so excited that sleep won't matter to me at the time, only after the movie ends will I realize how tired I am.

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Jar Jar, are you going to make it to this showing?

7. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    I will try, but seven is so early!

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Hey Jar Jar Just stay up alnight like I am.

9. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Hey Qui Gonn,

Only 13 more hours!!!

10. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    It's 4:30 and I'm wide awake, I guess I might actualy make it...

11. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    I thought it was a first rate movie. The best of the series in my opinion. The plot was well thought of and the ending was spectaculor. I highly recommend it.

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Hey Jar Jar what time did you see it at? We were at the 7 am showing. Anyway I would agree that it was a excellent movie. I was reluctant to see it at all and now I would say it has become one of my favorite movies I've seen this year.

13. GeneralAntillies111

GeneralAntillies111 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    I honestly didn't waste five cents on the sequels. The first movie was great, but the word of mouth I got kind of persuaded me not to see the sequels. I may rent them someday out of curiousity.

14. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    The Idaho Falls thread goes like this:
    Two votes.
    One dug it and one didnt.

I was the "didnt", prime reason being unanswered questions, not the least of which is WHAT ABOUT THE MILLION PEOPLE STILL TRAPPED IN THE MATRIX? This trilogy was not about the survival of Zion, it was about the freedom of the human race. It was not about the killing of Smith, but about victory over the machines, not a truce.

The movie has a rating of 35%-40% on www.rottentomatoes.com (for the uninitiated, that website tracks every review of every movie and boils it down to a %), my favorite review going like:::

"Well after Matrix I, we were all wondering what the brothers had next up their sleeve. And now we know that the answer is...there is no sleeve."

Or far more brutal: "People who say they like this movie should be punished by being forced to watch it again," which is far too much white knuckle hate for my taste, but you get the idea.

I didnt hate it, jsut disappointed that too much was left over.

15. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I agree with you Obi...it leaves way to much open. Perhaps they plan to turn it into a TV show (please no). But it was about freeing the humans, and then when 2 came along it was suddenly about something else. While the effects are great and the fight with Smith was cool, it leaves you still feeling unsatisfied. I liked a lot of it, but still felt for the "last" film, it didn't accomplish what it should have. No truce-kill those damn machines!!!

16. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I'm satisifed that Keanu won't be making anymore of these, which is good news!!

17. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    Oh come on Cmdr, you are hoping for "Hardball 2" or "Speed 3" just so you can see more of his fime acting and you know it!

18. GeneralAntillies111

GeneralAntillies111 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    Saw this movie this weekend, it was horrible. Hope they never make another Matrix film ever.

19. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    They started taking passes for this film on Monday. I would really like to see this film again since it was so early last time and because I got sick for three days right after I saw it. So I was wondering if anyone out there would want to see this again? I was thinking of seeing it this weekend. Thanks!

20. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Well, I saw the film again with my parents and I do like it. Seeing these films again always helps I think. For one you can catch everything, and two, you know what to expect...which in some ways is good for a movie like this. Having a truce isn't what I expected, but it works. It's not the best movie, but it's a good movie, and I'm sure to own it when it hits the DVD shelves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.