main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    After completing the LOTR trilogy, many of the cast members got the elvish word for "friend" (or something similar) tatooed on themselves (somewhere around the ankle I think???)

They got the word for "Nine" tattoed somewhere on their body. Most won't tell you where it is. ;)

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    If I go to Mid-Ohio, I'd like to go to IMAX too, Malo-ha.

3. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    it developed Seraph's character more
    How? By showing that he can kick anyone's (except Neo) ###? Don't get me wrong, he served his purpose (guide/###-kicker) for the group while Neo was away...but his character has as much development as Darth Maul.

If you pay close enough attention, the Merovingian is really P.O.ed because Seraph used to work for him, but switched allegiances for the Oracle. ("Well, if it isn't my little Judas. So Seraph, have you come to collect the bounty?") Nice little twist and some info on Seraph's background, plus more cool dialogue for Merv.

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Krash did you have a Farscape moment when they did a Mexican standoff in the club?
    Yes, but then my life seems to be "a Farscape moment" so I tend to appreciate these little similarities more. Not sure if it reminds me more of "Liars, Guns and Money" or "Into the Lion's Den"

If you pay close enough attention
    It's not that I didn't catch that little dialogue...it's just Seraph's past relationship with the Merovingian didn't warrent a long backstory. If they tried I would have gone "Trinity" on somebody!

5. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I still haven't seen MR because of various circumstance so I skipped reading all of the above. Now I find out that my niece, my sister, and one of my movie friends have already seen it! :mad: But I plan to go sometime this weekend to the theatre in West Market Plaza in Montrose in West Akron. Anyone interested in meeting me there sometime? Friday night, late Sunday afternoon, or Sunday night would be best for me.

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    This is interesting.

Seems the movie is doing so bad Warner is thinking of releasing the DVD for X-mas. Apparently they think the franchise is dying a quick death and want to make some money while they still can.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Adding insult to injury, a possibility was mentioned to one video dealer that the studio may try putting together a 3-movie boxed set for Christmas
    That's it! These guys are the frell-ing money grabbing slimeballs that people accuse GL of being. I am sooooooo glad I have yet to (if ever) purchase any of the Matrix DVDs...because I can promise you they will never get my hard earned cash.

When is a film that grosses $85 million in its opening weekend considered a disappointment?
    THIS is the type of garbage that GL is trying to avoid by making PT on his own terms...if audiences didn't like TPM, AOTC, or don't like Episode III...he's not going to run crying to home video, in an attempt to milk the very same people who just finished buying Matrix Revolutions? This is insane...and I hope all those "plugged in" to the Matrix finally realize the answer to their favorite question:

What is the Matrix?
    Movie Marketing at it's worst/most blatent abuse of an audience.

8. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    See I wait too long to see it and the movie is already out in DVD! ;) Seriously, should I even bother seeing it or see "Love, Actually" instead?

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I saw that article yesterday but didn't have a chance to post it before Don did.

Krash, I think you're being a little harsh. You can't even make a comparison with this situation to George Lucas, because that article makes no mention of the Wachowskis (the directors) pushing for this at all. Basically to have any analogy at all, it would be 20th Century Fox pushing for the Star Wars movies to be put out on DVD, not George Lucas. In fact, I think the Wachowskis are probably gonna be pissed about this. They didn't write the movie to please audiences. The wrote it to tell their story. If they would have been interested in marketing as you're accusing them, then they would have written an ending with Neo and Trinity and Morpheus and everyone in Zion holding hands around a pile of inactivated sentinels similar to the Whos in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. They wouldn't have left it open ended. They would have implemented all the things the public accused them of missing in the movie. But they didn't, because they wanted to stay true to their original story. If anyone is to blame for the push of the DVD, it's Warner Bros., not the Wachowskis. Besides 80 million made still isn't bad, although it might not be optimal for a Matrix movie.

Heh, in light of this news, I couldn't resist posting this, it's just too funny.
    One and One-rer

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Love Actually....GREATEST MOVIE IN THE THEATERS RIGHT NOW...GO SEE IT!!! Once Master and Commander comes out that will be the greatest but for now, yes "Love Actually" is much better to see then Matrix.

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    They didn't write the movie to please audiences
    Judging from the amount of negative reviews I've seen on other boards...that's a fair statement.

80 million made still isn't bad, although it might not be optimal for a Matrix movie
    I don't know about "optimal"...but here in the real world, you don't start pulling the film from theaters (because who is going to pay to see it in theaters when they can rent/buy it in stores) after the first week...unless the movie is as bad as when Ben/Jennifer embarassed themselves with Gili. You're not saying the people (Warner Brothers/Wacho Bros) behind the Matrix films embarassed themselves? are you?

This weekend...it's Master and Commander for this guy!

EDIT: skyedancer, I would suggest going to see ANYTHING except Matrix Revolutions. If Warner Brothers and the Wacho Bros want to mess with their audience's time/money...I say give them neither.

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    No, I'm not saying the Wachowskis embarassed themselves at all. I'm agreeing with you in saying that it is ridiculous that WARNER BROTHERS, (and not the Wachowskis) wants to pull the movie this quickly.

13. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Well Krash I liked it. Not the best movie I've ever seen but it was worth the $5 ticket price to see it.

I don't think anyone has told the theaters the movie is being pulled. Its still playing in 2-3 theaters at Valley View, more than Master & Commander. Although thats only for this week. I can't imagine they'd pull it so soon, at least wait til its buried by ROTK in Dec. Total gross is the figure used for the record books. They won't get any where near a record if they pull it before the geeks stop seeing it multiple times to pick over. I wonder if LOTR has set expectations for box offices unnaturally high.

I knew that there would be a 3 movie DVD set at some point but I hope we won't get it by Christmas. I already bought the first two seperately so I thats how I'll buy the third. I can't see them rushing it. You wait a bit maybe come out with a new game or DVD like a new Animatrix then release an extra laden Revolutions for cross sales.

EDIT: spelling

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Not the best movie I've ever seen but it was worth the $5 ticket price to see it
    I never said it wasn't a fun movie, but...(cover your ears Random, you're not gonna like this) I think their fans are making WAAAY too much about what is essentially a special effects/action movie.

I think too much is made about "breaking box office records"...if a movie doesn't shatter last week's record breaking turnout, then it's a failure? What I think LOTR has going for it is that the story has an already world-wide following who are just excited to see a "live-action" representation of their favorite characters...that it will have a huge turnout by avid fans and casual moviegoers as well.

Matrix was a fun matinee type of movie...and I think they underestimated the audience's ability to make up their own minds on what it all means:

Matrix wowed people with special effects and an interesting setting...

Reloaded tried to develop this intricate plotline of "the prophecy" and Neo/Trinity (heck of a bike chase)...

Revolutions had to bring the BIG FIGHT between man and machine that audiences were expecting...and tie up all the loose ends. Since that was nearly impossible to do in ONE movie...they ended it with that ambiguous ending where the war is stopped, but what really changed?

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I think it's a movie that definitely has to grow on you. I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked it the first time I watched it, but last night I just went for a second viewing, and I liked it a lot more not having to worry about noticing everything and taking it all in.

Yes, the sentinels in Zion were impressive, but as far as bullet time shots... there's only one in the whole movie. I mean, I don't know why Revolutions in particular would be known as a special effects movie. I could see that label for both the Matrix and Reloaded, but not so much for Revolutions.

I think we as a society have created a new way of viewing movies. As you guys have said before, people just don't go to the movies anymore to enjoy a good movie for the sake of it. Movies have become opening weekend events, and not really anything more. I mean, I understand if you're a fan of a particular series and it opens, of course you're going to want to see your movie opening day, but EVERY movie "jumps the shark" after opening weekend now. You HAVE TO see a movie that weekend because everyone else has; if you don't, you'll feel left out of the talk going on around the water cooler. *don't kill me now for mentioning this* But surprisingly, when Titanic came out, it hadn't done so well initially. Then it had great word of mouth and everyone went to see it like a month after it came out. Then it became the highest grossing picture ever. I think this was the last real time a movie didn't jump the shark after opening weekend. Ever since then we've become a culture obsessed with instant gratification... give me my movie NOW being the top priority. This is the reason I think a lot of movie effects seem rushed. Um, the Scorpion King, anyone?

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    **warning: if you haven't seen Revolutions yet and don't want to be spoiled, this alludes to some stuff that happens in Revolutions**

Krash, maybe you'll find some humor in this. I found it on my Matrix boards. Joel is Joel Silver, who produced all 3 Matrix movies. Larry and Andy are obviously the Wachowskis. I don't know who wrote it, but it sure is funny.

JOEL
    Andy! Great to hear from you again.
    Has your brother gone into labor yet?

ANDY
    What do you want, Joel?
    I told you we're not doing-

JOEL
    -a Matrix part 7. Yes, I know.
    But we've talked to Keanu and he
    swears he can drop 50 pounds and-

ANDY
    Darmmit, Joel. Neo died in part 6.
    AGAIN. It's the fourteenth time he's
    died in the series. We showed his body
    being burned and his ashes being shot
    into the sun. We even had that
    scene at the end where God himself came
    down from Heaven and declared that Neo
    and Trinity would never, ever, ever
    return lest all of existance be unmade.

JOEL
    Oh, I'm glad you mentioned Trinity.
    Carrie-Ann is close to signing-

ANDY
    Joel, I'm getting death threats from fans.

JOEL
    You're breaking up here, I'm almost out of
    my service area. Quickly, we got Joe
    Pantaliano's verbal agreement to do the film
    in exchange for some food and a better box
    to sleep in-

ANDY
    Joel, you do this, and I WILL KILL YOU.
    Do you understand?

JOEL
    -and Warner wants this one PG-13.
    It'll be tough, but I told them you
    were my guys and you could do it.
    So we're just gonna take out all
    of the fight scenes, it's perfect.
    It's better than perfect, I love it.

ANDY
    AGH!

JOEL
    Also - I'm blueskying with Gabriel
    and he suddenly says -and you will
    LOVE this- that if the movies were
    only a half hour long, we could have like
    thirty showings a day. So we're thinking,
    "How to trim the time?" and it hits
    me. The bullet time! It's in slow motion,
    for crissakes, right? You ditch that,
    you're in at 30 minutes with a whisper!

ANDY
    KILL YOU. BULLETS IN YOU AND KILL.
    SO MUCH ANGRY. JUST.

JOEL
    I TOLD Gabriel you'd love it. Also,
    I'll need a script by nine tonight.

LARRY
    NO!

JOEL
    ...and the money truck will be by around 9:30.

ANDY
    Oh.

A pause.

ANDY
    Yeah, alright.

LARRY
    Actually, those were some great ideas, Joel.

JOEL
    Homerun Joel! That's why you
    guys call me Homerun Joel!

We hear a CLICK and a DIAL TONE.

LARRY
    But that's not what we call him.

ANDY
    Shut up and get your writing pad.

THE END

17. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    ^^^hhaha, yeah im sure eventually there may be some more matrix movies....

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    A trailer for The Matrix Online is now up. *drools*

Here we go

19. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Another humorous look at Revolutions: (Goes through the entire movie quickly, so watch out for spoilers if you haven't seen it)

INT: Inside the Hammer Hovercraft. We begin were Reloaded left off six months ago.

CARRIE-ANNE MOSS
    Come on Keanu, wake up.

SOME MEDICAL OFFICER
    His brain pattern looks as if he's jacked in to the Matrix. Even though it's ridiculous, since there is no way that could happen, that seems to be how things are. That's okay though: who even remembers that we're in a ship called the Hammer, if we only refer to it by name?

CARRIE-ANNE MOSS
    I'm still worried about Keanu.

SOME MEDICAL OFFICER
    Yeah. I would be too.

They exhange SERIOUS GLANCES. The Medical officer leaves. Laurence Fishburne SHOWS UP.

LAURENCE FISHBURNE
    Let's go see the Oracle. She's always fun.

CARRIE-ANNE MOSS
    Ok.

They go see THE ORACLE.

INT: The Oracle's crappy apartment.

The Oracle looks DIFFERENT. It's ANOTHER actress.

CARRIE-ANNE MOSS
    Who are you? And where is Gloria Foster?

NEW NEW ORACLE
    I am the eventuality of an anomaly...--- no, no. Strike that. I'm the Oracle, like Gloria Foster was, but there was some kind of thingamagic that turned me younger. Or I was deleted and subsequently rebooted. Or something.

CARRIE-ANNE MOSS
    Ok. (doesn't believe her). Where is Neo?

NEW NEW ORACLE
    Neo is in a train station. The train station is used by programs who want to escape into the Matrix.

LAURENCE FISHBURNE
    What? Into? The Matrix is a "prison for the mind"---How can someone escape into a prison?

NEW NEW ORACLE
    Poetic, isn't it? And the Merovingian is involved, which is handy since his contract hasn't run out yet. So you have to go see him to a nightclub. This guy here (points to the Seraph) will go with you, since his contract hasn't run out either.

LAURENCE FISHBURNE
    Ok.

NEW NEW ORACLE
    Beware.

LAURENCE FISHBURNE
    Why?

NEW NEW ORACLE
    There will be lots of leather, plastic, and S&M stuff.

INT: The train station. All white and clean. Kinda comfy.

Keanu Reeves WAKES UP. There's a LITTLE GIRL standing NEXT TO HIM

LITTLE GIRL
    Hi, I'm Sati. I am an all-powerful entity disguised as a child. This helps us pretend that this whole thing is still mysterious. Somehow.

KEANU REEVES
    You're not as bad acting as that kid who played Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode I, are you?

LITTLE GIRL
    No.

KEANU REEVES
    Yes you are.

The little girl's FATHER shows up. Her MOTHER too.

LITTLE GIRL'S FATHER
    Hey, long time no see.

KEANU REEVES
    Do I know you?

LITTLE GIRL'S FATHER
    Sure you do. I appeared for a split-second in Reloaded, remember?

KEANU REEVES
    Ah, right. I remember you. (he doesn't).

LITTLE GIRL'S FATHER
    I am a program, as is my wife. But we had a child anyway. Thought it would be fun. All you need is love, like John Lennon said. We are waiting for a train to let our child escape, and only she will go, but inexplicably we will get on the train with her. That aside, we are here for no particular reason.

KEANU REEVES
    Cool.

INT: Garage, the entrance to the Merovingian's club, ominously called Club Hell.

SERAPH
    Although it looks like a nightclub, this is a heavily armed facility full of deadly programs. We're going to get through them anyway after fighting them upside down.
    They DO get through them. The upside down FIGHT looks COOL. They reach the MEROVINGIAN.

CARRIE-ANNE MOSS
    Give us Keanu.

MEROVINGIAN
    Ok. But you have to give me the eyes of the Oracle in exchange.

LAURENCE FISHBURNE
    She's a program. It's all a simulation. How could I give you the eyes of a piece of software? Read the script!

MEROVINGIAN
    Oh, well, it was worth a try. Nevermind.

Something HAPPENS. Carrie-Anne Moss gets the UPPER HAND. Apparently. She points a gun at the Merovingian but has 20 guns POINTED AT HER.

CARRIE-ANNE MOSS
    I said, give us Keanu, or we all die.

MONICA BELLUCI
    She's in love.

MEROVINGIAN
    (curses in French) Ok.

Carrie-Anne RESCUES Keanu from the train s

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Looks like there's a glitch in the Matrix, err, rather, technical difficulties:

Oscars?

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Warners considered advancing the argument that the Academy should consider them as one movie - albeit one containing a six-month intermission.
    You know, the only reason they didn't officially come out with this idea...is that it would replace "greedo shooting first" as the worst idea in cinema history.

According to Academy executive administrator Ric Robertson, "Two separate releases with two separate marketing campaigns - even if they were four-walled together as one movie - would have to be considered two different films."
    Exactly!

It seems a little arrogant to assume Matrix will even win the Oscar, persoanlly I'd like to see LOTR get the award. This just seems like jedi karma, for when Matrix stole the Oscar from TPM (the circle is complete!)

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Here's DVD info... looks like I'll be at the store on April 6th. It ends tonight.

23. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Wow...I have no clue what that was you just posted, well cause after the first page down I have to move it I gave up!!!

24. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    STILL have not seen it. :(

25. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    You're missing out then. Perhaps we can go to Parma's Theater again and see it when it comes there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.