main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico The Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Jedi_Boricua, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Hoy va un grupo de gente a ver The Matrix a Montehiedras, así que adelantandome al resto del grupo empiezo este thread para que escriban sus reacciones a las películas.

Al parecer las críticas son horribles, mucho peores que las de Ep1...

See for yourself:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheMatrixRevolutions-1127201/

2. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    yo no siento ningun tipo de premura para ver esta pelicula. la vere tranquilo en algun momento.

3. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Me likey movie.

Me thought movie was better than second one.

My likey great battle scene.

Me think Brothers like Dragon Ball Z too much.

:p

4. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Me think movie affects your brain!
    Me think you sound funny. :)

5. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    con razon habia un caco gritando "Matrix Dragonball Z" antes de que empezara la pelicula... pero como yo no veo dragonball Z no me afecto en nada... jajajaja

la pelicula kicked buttocks... el final estuvo medio raro, pero en fin... it was a great movie... it met most of my expectations for the ending of the trilogy...

6. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Ugh...

Okay debo admitir que no odie la pelicula, de hecho me entretuvo bastante y las escenas de acción fueron muy buenas (aunque la pelea de Smith y Neo parecía sacada de cualquiera de las Superman).

Lo que si me molesto sobremanera es que la pelicula es demasiado pretensiosa. Esa mescolanza de filosofias, religiones, dogmas, en fin mucha blah, condimentada por techno y latex. Muchas veces el tener un 'christ figure' de personaje ayuda, pero cuando se hace tan banamente como que empalaga. Neo murio por los pecados y trajo la paz al mundo, dio la otra mejilla y pudiendo destruir a todas las maquinas no lo hizo, etc, blah.

Si la película no hubiera tratado de escribir un capítulo filosófico, sino que se hubiera mantenido como lo que es, ciencia ficción, hubiera sido mucho mejor la cosa.

7. Skalderan

Skalderan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Kid... so sucio ... yo no he visto la damn movie y ya se que neo muere.... thanks for the spoiler alert you crazy bastard :S

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Right off the bat, the movie started ok with the TROY trailer. Especially that pan shot of the massive Greek fleet (ah, sometimes CGI offers some wonderful eye-candy). But then...boy, y'all will soon hear about this, but in the first 20 minutes of the movie (beginning with the Last Samurai trailer), the image and audio are completely out of synch by about 5-6 seconds. Thus, you'll see the image and then you'll hear the sounds/voices 5 seconds later. Everything goes back to normal when we arrive to the scene where Morph, Trin and Seraph arrive at the Mero's Club Hel. Still, it was all horribly, horribly annoying. How could WB have @$#%%@ up like this? Even the discounted ticket price doesn't begin to wash the awful taste off my mouth. Apparently, WB and the theater chains will have to take the loss since it seems to be very costly to fix the problem and it won't be happening anytime soon or until they launch the DVD. :mad:

Spoiler alert:

Are we so sure he "died"? The final shot we saw of him in "Neo-vision" had him still glowing like a star. I assume -- since he was at the very Source itself -- the code in him was disseminated into the Matrix, reloading it into version 7.0 like it seemed to happened at the end of the movie.

But still...damn, I wish I could say I liked the movie but it lacked...something I can't put into words now. I either made the colossal mistake of visiting aintitcoolnews.com and spoiled myself rotten on the movie or had the foresight to do so and know what I'd expect beforehand. Thus, I pretty much knew what would happened in the movie and was just hoping some of the reviewers were simply liars or exxagerating stuff. Sadly, it was not the case, despite Mr. Harry Knowles gushing, geek-laden review.

The sacrifices made at the end seemed...inevitable, yeah...and it makes you wonder how this movie trilogy in general does not have a sad ending given the deaths of two members of the trinity (pun intended) of heroes when all is said and done. Why the hell have Neo's grandiose rescue of Trinity in Reloaded at all if he'd lose her forever just scant hours later?? The One's outcome was inevitable, the only thing he changed though was Zion's fate with the deal he made. A dubious deal of even more dubious lasting power. The Architect's derisive snort at the Oracle's reply about this says it all, even if he'll supposedly keep his word about honoring the peace and letting go however many humans who may want out of the Matrix. The thing is, how many humans will the Machines afford to lose in order to keep their status quo and/or the peace? Zion doesn't know about the deal; if more humans are freed and boost Zion's numbers, who says that eventually -- humanity being humanity -- will get it into their stupid, warmongering collective heads to to once again tackle the Machines on some misguided attempt to free the rest of humanity -- a humanity that in my humble opinion would much rather stay plugged to the Matrix -- and thus restart the war all over again?

So you could say that very little was resolved, and it leaves the door open for another Matrix movie or movies if someone's stupid enough to allow the Wachowskis to do this crap all over again! Here's hoping no one is THAT stupid. Anyhoo, when going to tthe movies, take this in mind: "caveat emptor", coz at the discounted ticket price, you WILL get what you paid for: a steaming pile of bantha poodoo.

9. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    I loved the movie. Maybe it was becuase I've heard so many people talking about how much it sucked.

Sencillamente no esperaba ver nada grandioso, solo ir al cine a entretenerme y pasar un buen rato. Sobre el final que tanta gente a criticado, pienso que es como debia acabar. No niego que haya sido una referencia directa con la vida de Jesucristo. Murio para "salvarnos" a todos. No me extranaria que Neo y Jesus hayan muerto a la misma edad. Pero con todo y eso, lo encontre que acabo como debia. Habia gente esperando ver que los humanos ganaran contra las maquinas, pero ya en las dos peliculas anteriores se demostro que es imposible.

Eso si, hay que darle credito a la guerra en Zion con las maquinas esas que parecen sacadas de Final Fantasy 3 (US RELEASE). Eso me hizo la pelicula. Tambien apenas entraron al Matrix, lo que hizo que la pelicula se mantuviera lo mas real posible. Los buenos se chavaron bastante chevere.

En cuanto a Neo vs. Smith, all I have to say is: "Eye Candy". Pero si me hizo sentir incomodo la exageracion de esta.

La vi en Guaynabo con los 20 mins de sonido malos, pero me informan que hay una tanda en Metro que no tiene ese error.

10. son_of_obi_ian

son_of_obi_ian Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2003
    I loved the movie! The visuals were great. The storylines were great!The interweaving of complex ideas and intese action really make it a brilliant movie!

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, Neo was set up as a Christ figure since the very beginning. It was laid very thick especially in that line in the first movie when the stoner that goes to Mr. Anderson's apartment calls him "my savior, my own personal Jesus Christ" or whatnot. So Matrix 1 was about the Messiah being born (from a certain point of view) and coming into his power, Reloaded showed us what the Messiah was doing six months down the line and reaching his personal Jerusalem and temptations and rivals to stray him off his path and now Revolutions showed us his sacrifice for the sake of humanity (and once again they laid it a bit thick showing his dead carcass spread on the floor, arms stretched outwards as if on a cross). Ultimately, I guess this particular ending to Neo's story was inevitable. However, I was hoping for something...different.

12. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    Luego de sobrevivir el revolu de Plaza Las Americas (sobreventa de boletos), me disfrute el final de una interesante trilogia de ciencia ficcion con una pizca de otras cositas mas (filosofia, religion, etc.).

Pero mi opinion respecto al tema central de las peliculas, humanos vs. maquinas, es que se podia haber quedado en la primera pelicula. The Matrix revoluciono un area visual de cinematografia y causo mucho interes en el momento que salio por su distinta manera de produccion. Tambien su historia era sumamente interesante y envolvia a los espectadores. Salio justo cuando necesitaba salir.

Ahora, respecto a Reloaded y Revolutions, mi opinion es que era darle mas martillazos al clavo del punto que lograron en The Matrix. La WB vio la cantidad de $$$ que genero la primera que no habia mas remedio que exprimir la idea hasta mas no poder. No niego que las peliculas han sido exitosas tanto en cine como en ventas de DVD (en el caso de Reloaded), pero en cierta forma no eran necesarias explicar lo que paso tan pronto Neo colgo el telefono al final de la primera.

Reloaded se convirtio para algunos en una clase de FILO 1001 con accion intensa entre cada curso y Revolutions en mas Eye Candy que trama o dialogo. Pero el proposito principal como forma de entretenimiento, honestamente nunca me defraudo. Asi que "thumbs up" a los Wachowski's por aportar su vision, personajes, e ideas a la historia cinematografica

13. Skalderan

Skalderan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Ufff ke pelicula mas hijaepu.... ta bien no voy a maldecir jejeje... anyhow.... deveras que me la disfrute mucho... definitivamente mejor que la segunda... no pense que Persephone debio haber salido en esta parte despues de lo que hizo en la primera pero definitivamente hay un dios y ahi estaban sus melones eherm digo alli estaba ella sentadita portandose bien... encontre par de escenas medio cheesy.. la mayoria cuando Neo y Trinity hablan de lo mucho que se aman y to ese load... pero pues al final quedo clava literalmente...

es ciertop que neo esta puesto como un christ figure y el final de la pelicula lo deja entender... pero no voy a decirlo por los que no la han visto (eherm...kid aprende)...

eso si todavia hay muchos "loose ends" que hay que atar ... asi que espero que rompan a sacar novelas como en el expanded universe ...

cool movie... y como dijo un pana mio "I remember when Star Wars was Cool.. This **** is Awsome"

14. Roman

May 30, 2002
    La verdad que me gusto la película. Las primeras 2 ya explicaron casi todo la filosofía así que esta se dedico mas a dar respuestas y a la acción. Me gusta mas como película que la Segunda ya que no se pasaba dando discursos largos. A unque el final nos deja con muchas preguntas.

A propósito sonics booms in raining rocks!
    Por esto no quisiera estar en los zapatos de los que trabajen en la próxima película de Superman.

El robot que se ve al final aparentemente se llama Deus Ex Machina

15. Roman

May 30, 2002
    I found this in Yahoo Movies. I really do not know who correct informeation is but...

THE MATRIX TRILOGY EXPLAINED - HONESTLY

by mikejwash@sbcglobal.net Nov 6, 2003
    3280 of 3575 people found this review helpful

Let me first say I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE THIS TRILOGY IF U READ THIS.

I apologize if my email does not follow the rules of this forum, but I felt I could offer you a very clear explanation of the Matrix series in light of reading your reviews of the Matrix Revolutions. The bottom line is people don't understand it. So this is a crash course for anyone who wants answers. Real one's, not some fanboys idea of what it's about. Please note, SPOILERS ARE ALL THROUGH THIS REVIEW.

Here we go with the basics.

Zion is real! The Matrix is not.

The Matrix was designed to provide a mental stimulus for the human bodies connected to the machines as a source of power. This is the sixth version of the Matrix. There have been multiple versions of the Matrix because of a flaw in the program (kinda of like Windows). That flaw is giving individuals the ability to choose.

The first Matrix was designed as a perfect uptopia (see pt. I - Smith explains it to Morpheus; pt. II - The Architect explains it again) but humans did not accept it as real so they just kept waking up. It was redesigned to reflect our civilization at it's last stage before it was taken over by the machines (the year 1999).

The Architect's problem with this new design (the anomoly)of the Matrix is that it require individuals to think freely, i.e. choice. It was the Oracle that suggested he redesign the Matrix in this way. But since humans have choices, so must the programs sent to watch over them, i.e. The Agents, thus bringing us the problem that is Mr. Smith. In Reloaded, The Architect continues to speak of the anomoly he is unable to get rid of, which is why at some point, he feels the only solution is to destroy the Matrix and those who are aware of it (the people of Zion) and start from scratch again.

The Oracle says it clearly in Revolutions. Mr. Smith is the result of the anomoly trying to balance itself. Mr. Smith began to think freely (see part I where he is freaking out while interrogating Morpheous) and the result was a negative one. Realize this, he is a similar program to the One so he is far more dangerous than a normal individual who makes bad decisions. Mr. Smith's virus like behavior happened in EVERY VERSION OF THE MATRIX. The result would always lead to the same thing -- a system crash if they didn't quickly reboot the system. The same knee jerk reaction you have when you realize someone has sent you a virus.

The One program was created to solve this problem. But each version of the One ultimately failed. Neo is different, in Reloaded he choose the door that led to Trinity, not the door that RESETS the program. Note: The Architect even noticed that Neo's experience in the Matrix was different than all the rest, realizing he was the first of them to fall in love.

Onto Revolutions:

Neo's choice has changed everything. The system is still threatened by Smith's behavior, so the Oracle makes a new choice; one she has never done before because no version of the One has ever chosen the difficult path as opposed to easy one of just resetting the system. She allows herself to become merged with Smith in the HOPE that she'll be able to help Neo when the time is right.

Neo makes another unique choice. He goes to the machines and asks for PEACE as opposed to simply destroying the system by going through the opposite door as all other versions of the One did. It was a simple as that to save Zion. Machines don't need very long to process that this may be a better idea than just constantly resetting the system.

At the end, Smith says to Neo the movies tagline - "Everything that has a beginning has an end," as the Oracle is speaking to Neo through Smith. Neo realizes it all along, the only way to end this is to sacrifice himself. The Oracle noted that Neo and the Source (the computer mainfram

16. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    The Matrix movies are great and fun movies to watch. No one can question de slickness of the images which the brothers present us ; or the awesome special effects. But I think that the film cinically presents itself as the film that will change the way we think about our world. I can only describe reloaded as an orgy of different "weird" ideals stuffed into one movie. Every character in the Matrix Reloaded talks like a Philosophy Proffesor. Each had a "different" take on reality. Quite frankly it looks like the Brothers went to the internet , seached for the word 'Philosophy' and somehow putted every single philosophy they could find in the script.
    The Matrix Revolutions isn't even clear on what it wants to tell us. The theme of the first half of the film is LOVE ; the theme of the second half of the film is FAITH. The first thing they teach you in Storytelling boot camp ( at least the one I went to ejjeje) is that when you have a central theme , you should stick to it to the very end.

HELL, THE FIST MATRIX FILM ISN'T EVEN THAT ORIGINAL. HAVE ANY OF YOU SEEN THE MOVIE "DARK CITY"? But I will discuss about that some other time.

The Matrix Trilogy: Cool special effects , yes. A deep film : NO. A film that changes the way we think: No ( that is if you have a singular way of thinking, if you don't , then
    my condulences)

17. Roman

May 30, 2002
    Not to forget the theme of choice.

Esta película tenia 2 escenas que me recordaron a Star Wars. Solo les voy a decir que mi sobrino empezó a imitar a Chewbacca.

18. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    So I finally got to see it. It was not as bad as I expected (sometimes going to see a movie expecting total crap helps you hate it less 8-} ). I am not going to say much more than has already been said. But in my opinion the Wachowski brothers failed to fully represent and portray the complex world the world of the Matrix has become. It's just like Lucas, the W. brothers have more on their hands than they can handle, apparently. Their "world" has become so open-ended that they failed to define a solid connection between things. I guess we'll just have to wait until the "Expanded Universe" of the Matrix to get a clearer picture of things.

Here's my blob of black text:

And who would've thought Agent Smith would save the humans? He did, indirectly. If it wasn't for Smith Neo wouldn't have managed to negotiate a truce. And can someone please explain why the hell the Oracle was portrayed by a different woman? And where the heck where all the human ships when the Sentinels broke through?

19. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    -La Oracle fue otra actriz pq la original se murió antes de grabar las escenas de Revolutions.

-No quedaban más naves en Zion pq fueron destruidas al final Reloded cuando Bane usó el EMP contra ellas.

Estoy de acuerdo con Tony. En verdad eso que posteaste Román me da mucha risa, pq no hay algo que me moleste más que alguien me diga que no me gusto una película pq no la entendí, claro que la entendí y como sea no me gusto.

La muerte de Trinity por ejemplo, no sirve en nada a la historia, solo les resuelve un problema a los Waschowski, que no tienen que preocuparse por devolverla a Zion.

Anyway la película tiene un feeling como que los creadores se habían metido en un hoyo y no sabían como salir, así qeu se buscaron las más banales y gaseadas referencias a Cristo, un poqutio de filosofía de prepa, latex, ropa rota y trance.

En verdad se hubieran enfocado con la acción, el cgi y los efectos y yo hubiese estado satisfecho.

20. Sithlords1

Sithlords1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    It is my opinion that the end of a movie is as important as the promotion you give to it in order to make people spend their money on a Theater. I liked the movie very much, it ruled, but the end Sucked big time, maybe I did not understood everything that happened, but until I have the chance to see it again, maybe at home, my opinion about the end is the same. The writer used a wrong part of his body to grab the pen when he was finishing the movie.

Basically what the did is expand their life by some years perhaps, until the machine decides to kill them all again. And a question comes to my mind, what is the use to show us a very bright and beatifull sky if they are never going to enjoy it. Many questions without and answer, and I liked the movie, but I think it lost the logic allong the way.

Like for example, they have spend so much time fighting to be free just for this, what is the promise, to eat bad and dress bad and maybe even smell bad?. I do not see the future in this.

I think many things could have happened, but again, it is not my call.

May The Force Be With You.
    Sith.

21. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Basically what the did is expand their life by some years perhaps, until the machine decides to kill them all again.

Actually, I think its the other way around. It will last until the humans start fighting again since we are war mongering morons.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Actually, I think its the other way around. It will last until the humans start fighting again since we are war mongering morons.

My point exactly. Neo's deal is ultimately meaningless if 1) Zion doesn't know about it or what it cost the One to broker it and 2) one or more warmongering morons -- guided by the religious zeal of whatever religion the One's life and sacrifice will inevitably spawn amongst the Zionites -- get it into their stupid, warmongering little heads to try to wage another, final war against the machines. If the human terrorists begin to attack the machines' infrastructure -- whether this be in or out of the Matrix -- the machines will see no reason not to finish the war once and for all, wipe out Zion, and simply flush any humans that reject the Matrix. The status quo is preserved, with the machines still going on as the big winners while the human race fades away as VR-slaved Duracells. [face_plain]

23. digital-skywalker

May 16, 2002
    este pasado domingo tuve la oportunidad de ver matrix revolutions por 2nda vez...

algo que no me habia pasado por la mente la primera vez, fue que al ver el final quede decepcionado, pero esta segunda vez vi algo... o mejor dicho capte.

como dijo el architect, neo es la suma de montones de "remainders" de ecuaciones y cosas asi por el estilo...

cada cierto numero de ecuaciones produciran un "one"

pienso que "Sati"... la nina indu es the next "One"...

ella tiene la habilidad de modificar el matrix estando dentro de el... (colorfull LSD sunrise)

la cosa es que nos da a entender que los papas de ella son programas, pero ella es una exiliada a manos del oracle para "training"?!?!?!?

enverdad que es medio confuso... que uds. creen de esto?

24. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Yo siempre pense que la nena era otro programa mas. Por eso creo el sunset ese.

25. digital-skywalker

May 16, 2002
    pero ya existia un programa para controlar el sol... sunsets y sunrises...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.