main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Matrix Sequels

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    What shades does Neo use? I'm thinking of buying an imitation.

2. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    I got replica Oakley C Wires which is almost identical to Neo's but I bought blue lense. Yazid, dun forget, I am Neo for Matrix. Got my Trenchcoat guns sunglasses.

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Here's the link to a site selling the actual/replica shades:

Matrix 2 Sunglasses .com

Can use it as a reference

Yazid, I checked the hair accesories shop beside AMK Watson and they don't have the shades. Maybe you can try Yishun there? Will go on a hunt tomolo for a budget one too. :p

4. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Bugis Street sure have.

5. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey Xeno, Neo heh?
    Then u shud change ur name to XeNeo. Then I guess I could be Agent Smith.

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! [face_laugh]

Frankly, after reading some posts at RPF, I now know who that guy who tried to kill Neo and later survived the ?? is really is. :p My, my, Agent Smith is really one hell of a fellow!

7. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, just brainstorming some of the Matrix-y themes and stuff, based on what I've gathered and understood from the first and second movies so far.....

- Having Choices, Making Choices, the Problem of Choice
    - Nature vs. Nurture
    - Free Will vs. Control, Slavery, Bondage
    - The Nature of Control
    - Free your mind, Belief vs. Fear, Doubt & Disbelief
    - Man vs. Machines
    - The interconnctedness of man & machines
    - The religious references
    - The numerical meanings
    - The mythological references
    - The Nature of Reality & Perspective, What's real vs. What isn't real
    - Repetition, Deja Vu
    - The computer terminology used in these movies
    - Birth, Life & Death
    - Being awakened, being aware, not being able to sleep, being unconscious, having dreams that are so real, and other sleep-related metaphors and references
    - Causality, Cause & Effect
    - Questions & Answers, the Search for Truth
    - Rules, Borders, Boundaries, being able to work around them, to break or bend them
    - Neo as an anomaly, both inside and outside of the Matrix
    - A hero's journey, knowing the path vs walking the path, the idea that one can only learn thru' experience and that book-learning/spoon-feeding doesn't work 'cos there is no spoon... hehheh!
    **Sorry, I couldn't help myself there!** :p

Am I still making sense so far??

8. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Yes and one more thing...
    You always look cool in black regardless of whether you're the good guy or the bad guy.
    :cool:

9. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    how about choice?

10. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    And one more thing, it pays to be an agent. they are juz sooooo cooool :cool:

11. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Smith : Me, Me, Me ! :D Me too... Thats my favourite line !!! Three LoLz for that !!!

12. Peacekeeper

Jan 29, 2001
    how about that french guy?
    "i love cursing in french...it's like wiping yr a** with silk"...
    lol...

13. Peacekeeper

Jan 29, 2001
    what's yr fav quote from the film anyway?
    for me one of my fav's is the one where simth meets Neo & morpheus...
    "i want what u want mr Anderson,i want everything..."-smith
    "would that include a bullet from this gun?"-morpheus

14. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    I like the part when Neo wants to see the oracle and they was the guardian.
    Neo: What was that for?
    Guardian: I wanted to if you were really the One
    Neo: You could have juz ask.

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I still don't get it HOW the Revolution trailer we saw last Friday was different. :( The Singapore Censored Board at work (couldn't be cause some scenes wasn't shown in the online one)? Cutting down the trailer time? Something special for those outside North America? There is actually TWO teaser trailers for Revolution (aka AOTC Style)? ?[face_plain]

One thing, we don't get to see Agent Smith laugh like a Baka (IMHO :D ). :p

Now, my favourite part in the trailer posted online will be:
    AGENT SMITH: Mr. Anderson . . . Welcome back! We miss you . . .
    NEO: It's end tonight!

Oh! Don't forget the part when the Oracle offered Neo Sweet which is the Red Pill. ;)

Oracle: I like sweet. :p

Oh Yazid, if you want the Official The Matrix Shades, can try Nanyang Optical. BUT be warned that it's inaccurate. Here's the ones sold at the official site for comparision:

Vision
    Blinde Design

I may be looking to get an accurate Neo Reloaded Shades to match my suit (hunt down in Sg or order online). :D Still waiting for feedbacks from RPF and ASAP members on which company offers the one that doesn't fall off within a day. ;)

16. Peacekeeper

Jan 29, 2001
    are there 2 Revolution trailers??
    I didnt catch the one in reloaded but i did download one from the net.. dont know if it's the same? but according to some pple they say that the 1 on the net is the Revolution trailer that comes with Enter the matrix ....
    anyone can shed some light? the trailer i saw starts & ends with ghost & nioble talking... it show's the Smith,Neo showdown in the rain etc...

17. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Not sure about the Revolutions trailers yet... haven't seen the online one, but thanks to DE for the link :)

I'm gonna try to go watch The Animatrix (aka The Final Flight Of The Osirus) today, and right now, I'm doing abit of background reading... yeah, my Matrix homework, so to speak... LOL! :p

I'm reading "Exploring The Matrix" (Ed: Karen Haber) and "World Mythology" (Ed: Roy Willis), and I think I also need to bone up on my Philo readings... LOL! :p

My Matrix fan friends tell me to also read "Simulacra & Simulation" by Jean Baudrillard (sp.?), and the 2 other books that Keanu's mentioned in the "Matrix Revisited" DVD.

Apparently, the Wachowski bros told him to read those 3 books BEFORE he got round to reading the script!! So I guess those books have got to be pretty important reading then - hehheh! :p

MATRIX FACTOID:
    If you watch the 1st Matrix movie carefully, you'll see that Neo actually hides his disks in this hollowed out book, and that book happens to be "Simulacra & Simulation" by Jean Baudrillard (sp.?)... cool, huh?? :)

18. Peacekeeper

Jan 29, 2001
    wow... thanks for the trivial JJ ... do u think they'll release the animatrix on DVD here? after all i dont see NC-16 shows released on DVD here...
    haiz...
    anyway FYI ... a Revolutions Trailer Link: http://www.movie-list.com/m/matrixrevolutions.shtml

Not sure if it's the same as the movie one...

19. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Peacekeeper - That one's different from the movie one.

Another bit of Matrix trivia:

In a version of the script that didn't fully make it to the theatres, Apoc was the writer of the Four Horsemen virus. Hence his name. :p

20. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Nice... Am I the only one not making a Matrix costume here???

21. Peacekeeper

Jan 29, 2001
    hey Yazid_Skywalker ... yr not alone ...
    hey jedi clare... so what's the difference?? I didnt get to see the movie one...

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hehehehheee, Yazid, then why not join our resident Agent Smith and be his Clone? :D (Now where did he go these days . . . ).

Well, Peacekeeper, you should catch the Sg one.

23. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    ***BEWARE THE SPOILERS!!***

Watched The Animatrix today, and it was not just the Final Flight of the Osirus, but ALL of the Animatrix shorts at one go! Whoo-hoo!! :p

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper for having gotten to see ALL of them today - haha! :D

I understood just about everything in all those shorts, I thought they were definitely easier to understand and would definitely be more accessible to the general public.

I know there were some things which tied in with Matrix Reloaded, like the mention of the Osirus, and Niobe having received the letter/package from the Osirus.

Another thing which I think ties in with the movie is the boy who says that Neo saved him, if I'm not mistaken he's the kid in the Animatrix short called Kid's Story.

Not sure yet if anything else in the shorts ties in with Matrix Reloaded just yet, guess I'm gonna have to watch the movie another time to spot more of those little details... LOL! :p

24. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    **MAJOR SPOILERS!!**

For those who wanna know & those who wanna watch the movie again, just to spot these - well, here they are.....

Matrix Reloaded movie mistakes

If you ask me though, I'd say that it was all probably just some glitch in the Matrix - LOL! :p

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heheheheeee, that site is putting all our SW Easter Eggs hunting to a shame! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.