main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Matrix: The Path Of Neo

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MovieTrailerMusic, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So far I'm having fun. I'm glad I picked it up. The training levels are so sweet. I especially loved how it went black and white like an old samurai movie during the winter session. I replayed that one like three times just because it was so sweet.

Drew, how would you compare this combat system to that of Enter the Matrix? I think this one's superior.

2. TillTheEndOfTime

TillTheEndOfTime Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    The thing with Jack Thompson in this game is FREAKING HILARIOUS

I sooooo hope that gets online that Clip :D

3. Young_Punk

Young_Punk Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    DOes this game have multiplayer?

4. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I was stuck on that briefly, too. When you get to the other side of the room (warehouse? Industrial area?) from where you started, Roland gets pinned down on the leftside, while a never-ending stream of soldiers keeps coming out of a door on the right side. What you have to do is shoot the supports on the floor above that door and make it fall down.

The tough part is knowing that you can't target the two supports UNLESS you've jumped up into the air. (I would recommend going as high as you can go, and hold down R2 to autotarget. Once you get high enough, it should target one of the supports). Switching to Code vision (up on the D-pad) will also help to give you a hint as to what you're supposed to be shooting at, but i think you still have to jump to be able to target it. Once you're in the air and have it targeted, let loose with your guns.

It took me about 3 jumps, i think. Don't worry, the level gets EVEN BETTER after that, when you have the Sniper with the grenade launcher :p

I think you had more of a sense of DIRECT control over the combat in Enter the Matrix, but i have to agree, i think the combat system here is superior simply based on the amount of things that you can do.

And when you can properly figure out how to string combos together, WOW. You really do feel like Neo :p

No, i don't think so. I haven't found a way yet, anyways. (I have the PS2 version).

Update: I think i've pretty much made it to the end of the Merovingian section of "Reloaded". I'm at the part where you have to pick which Exile is the RIGHT exile, and then take on that telekinetic chick.

I LOVED the dual-staircase fight, but this thing is reaching the point of being a bit TOOO long. What the heck was up with those ANTS? That was just... strange.

And the battle with Seraph was... interesting. I didn't have much time to pay attention to the stuff the geeky guy was saying in the movie theatre, but...Twas strange.

Still a very enjoyable game, but i can see how some people have come away with that "what the heck?" sort of feeling.

5. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Spoiler, please? :)

Also, could someone spoil the "new" ending, as well? In detail, if possible?

6. TillTheEndOfTime

Sep 13, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    To good to COMPLETELY ruin it but I'll tell you how it starts

It is during the Level where you Rescue the Key Maker & they at the end of each level go through different doors & one Level they end up at a Game Duplicate of one of those US Meeting Congress Room Thingys & we see Jack Thompson giving his "Violence in Video Games is Bad" yada etc & then Morpheus & Neo walk in on the meeting & they just look at Each Other then Sh!t loads of Smiths walk into the room

To see what happens get the game

[face_laugh]

7. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    I believe i am going to get it right this moment

Thanks for deciding for me, everyone who has said good things about it :)

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I'm stuck on the level where you fight the Agent while you're trying to save Morpheus...it's the one where you first learn bullet dodge.

This level is the hardest I've come upon so far. I keep dying :(

9. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ..yeah, it is a pain when you still can't just go and fight the agents..

Not sure what exactly you're stuck on, but whenever an agent shows up, just bullet dodge for as long as you can.. Neo will call for Trinity's help, and she'll actually be the one to kill the agents.

Sometimes it's easier to pull off then others.

Other then that, remember that the FOCUS button is your best friend.

10. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Does the game feature any original Matrix footage, other than the ending?

11. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Yeah it does feature a lot of footage from the movies.

Also, i just got it, and i have to say taht the combat and everything really is pretty neat and in depth. And Valyn, one fun thing to do on that level if you dont want to just dodge the bullets all the time, is throw the agent off the building :) go and run near one of the ledges and then hit him till he gets dizzy, then press B (Xbox version) and press the analog stick towards the edge and neo will throw him off. Quite a simple way of defeating them, really. and very fun too

12. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Are the graphics better than the original? Is it all walking and fighting or are there annoying driving levels?

13. TillTheEndOfTime

Sep 13, 2005
    Its all walking & fighting & high jumping no driving levels

14. masterluke9

masterluke9 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Thanks Drew_Atreides I forget to say that when i read it.

15. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    No problemo.

Update: I was away for the weekend, and haven't had any time to sit down and get any further with the game :p

We'll see what happens tonite (see, i also FINALLY got my copy of GTA: Vice City back. A game that i had never finished. Geeze looking at my save files, it's been 3 years since i last played. Crazy. Anyways, that's eating into my Neo time :p )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.