main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Meaning of 'The Last Jedi'

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ian-Wan Kenobi, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian-Wan Kenobi

Ian-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2016
    Discuss your thoughts on what this ever so ominous title represents.

(P.S, if this thread already exists, I apologize)

2. Ian-Wan Kenobi

Ian-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2016
    Here are my beliefs:
    I believe Jedi to be singular, and referring to Luke. Firstly, because of how it gives him the title 'the last Jedi' in the opening crawl of TFA. Secondly, because my theory strongly suggests that.
    So my idea here is that Luke will literally be the last Jedi. Ever. Now, before you roll your eyes at me, let me continue. Imagine this- end of Ep. 6, Luke decides to start new Jedi Order (canon). He decides to mirror the Jedi of old, reinforcing the Jedi Way and being more strict to prevent falls of students similar to his father's. This idea fails, as Ben Solo turns on the group and murders them all, supposedly except for Rey (maybe, maybe not). As Luke is upset, he realizes why Ben fell to the Dark Side...his family. Not only this, but perhaps he was being torn apart by Luke's teachings...he was being given limitations on his love. When Rey shows up on Ach-Two at the end of TFA, he begins to train her. Rey gets caught up in her emotions, knowing Luke knows of her past and begging for answers. Luke keeps her lineage secret as to prevent anger, but in turn, loses Rey to the Dark Side...almost. Right as Rey is on the edge of tipping and ready to bow down to Snoke, Luke realizes putting limitations on love were the Jedi's downfall. If they had just told Anakin to fall in love with Padme, all would have been prevented. Therefore he tells Rey about her parents (whoever they are) and starts a new order. The Jedi are gone...but maybe the Guardians of the Whills are revived or the Bendu become a straightforward thing. Luke realizes feelings are vital to life. I think this would personally be really cool for the saga, as it also cleans up some of the original Jedi Order's mistakes. Anyhow...

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  4. Kyberfreak

Kyberfreak Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 3, 2017
    -------------

5. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    ibtl

Kyberfreak likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, please use the existing thread linked above. Locking.

thejeditraitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.