main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN The Media Blitz for AOTC

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    If anybody has any direct media connections in the Nashville area (T.V., radio, newspaper) , we would much appreciate your input on who we should talk to, or maybe even your participation in contacting them if you choose :)

2. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Howdy from Paducah folks.

Was with you at the Hollywood 27 for both tickets and the midnight show.

I remember the tunnel of lightsabers - my three girls, two Imperial Guards and three other costumed folks walked with the Reporter down the aisle as she talked to the camera - as soon as she got past the last two arches - 200 of us went bezerk and started fighting.

Was a complete blast!

Listen, I own my own Graphics and Advertising studio - so some thoughts on advertising for a line party:

1. Try sending out Press releases via e-mail and fax to media outlets a few weeks and again a day or two before your events on official TFC letterhead - even though you might have already talked to media people. Announcing charity drives and give-away prizes is also important to include.

2. The Tennessean is extremely expensive for Display ad rates. Are there other 'smaller' papers in Nashville (maybe a weekly) you can look into running an ad - or better yet - give them flyers for an INSERT to their papers?

3. If you like, I can check to see if I can affordably run a 1/4 page ad in the Paducah-area Thrifty Nickel to create awareness. Circulation covers Southern IL, all of Western KY and the far NW corners of TN. I put display ads together for them once a week - so I might be able to get a discount on the ad cost.

4. If you need help creating flyers, ads or graphics - LMK. I'd be happy to help gratis to the fan club.

3. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I e-mailed 107.5 the River this morning regarding our line-up at the Thoroughbred, and one of their reps e-mailed me back and said," Thanks for the e-mail. We've already been working on being involved!"

So, whomever contacted them, THANKS! :D I e-mailed him back in regards to including them on our flyer, if they plan on broadcasting live from the Theater, and if so could the e-mail us a logo to use on our flyers. I am currently awaiting a response and will let y'all know as soon as I get one.

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    AWESOME!!! This keeps getting better and better!

5. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Would anyone like to volunteer to follow up and call the local TV stations? They never E-mailed me back. Jedi Toren maybe ?[face_plain] I know that Toy Master is already trying to help us out with FOX coverage :)

Here's what you can include in your call:

Tell them, that we are the STAR WARS Nashville Fan Force chapter and that many of us were in the Episode I line at Regal's Hollywood 27.

However, instead of lining up at the Hollywood 27, like we did for Episode I, We are lining up at the Thoroughbred 20 in Cool Springs and have already gotten Carmike Cinemas' blessing from their corporate office.

107.5 the River is currently planning on attending.

We should have at least a few hundred people in attendance if not more. Some people are even coming all the way from Kentucky to join us in line.

We will also be raising money for the National Diabetes Research Foundation while we are there.

If they ask you how, just tell them that we are currently working with the NDRF and have yet to finalize one approach, but we have a few possibilities that we are currently evaluating.

Lead them to the website at www.NASHVILLEFORCE.COM Also, tell them we will be meeting at the Athletic Club in Embassy Suites on April 6th at 7:00. If they would like to send somebody to attend our meeting, they are more than welcome.

THANKS TO ANYBODY THAT HELPS US WITH THIS!!!

6. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    kanos and everyone:

DON'T JUST CALL TV and MEDIA to promote the line party and attempt to get coverage.

SEND A PRESS RELEASE ALSO!!!!!!

Fax or e-mail the information you posted here on OFFICIAL NashvilleForce letterhead.

Make sure you have the date of the release - and the copy:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.

Include contact numbers and persons, e-mails and information they need to contact you at a moment's notice. Media folks will not spend alot of time trying to get ahold of you if they cannot reach you on their first attempt.

PLEASE TAKE THIS ADVICE SERIOUSLY. Talking with the media folks is fine and good, it establishes relationships. But they need to have your plans in WRITING in case their producers decide another story is more important than your phone call - plus media people tend to quickly forget.

Press Releases also provide information that TV people might otherwise get wrong, plus they can verify your story and sources for more background.

Producers like that kind of hands-on information when putting together news segments. Producers are like editors, they decide what does and what does not make the TV news.

Also Press releases are vital to getting information out to newspaper reporters. After the blitz of Episode I, many media folks are going to have teh attitude that 'We covered these geeks already, it's old news - just a repeat of 1999'.

YOU need to give them new reasons to cover you. You need to give them NEWS that they haven't covered before. I think the charity drive and some of the other things are good starters.

Keep this in mind. Very important.

7. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Uppers ;) This thread is going to be relevant in the next week or two as things start to come together for the line-up :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.