main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Media Will Capitalize on Anything

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    lol

did you know that passenger planes can land on nothing but their belly, with minimal loss if any due to emergancy measures and stuff currently in place at all airports, in the case of total landing gear failure?

It has happened in the past without a loss of life

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    ARRRRRR matey . remeber I was the original RMFF thread pirate.

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Sarnia, as I read that, I heard it spoken in a Claven accent.

(thats Cliff Claven)

:p

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I'd have to agree. That was a very Cliff Claven post.

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002

That's right. Anakin did it with Grievous' ship in Ep III & HE didn't even have any ENGINES !!!!!

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  7. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    And Anakin mowed down that tower, too. I bet there were lots of dead people in there.

8. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    I have a friend who recently started raising chickens. After working with roosters, he tells me he's convinced that they LIKE fighting. It's what they live for. That if you offered to strap razors on their claws to maximize damage and let 'em go after each other, they'd be all, "Oh yeah, bring it on, that's cool, let's go." And that after working with roosters, he's just as happy to let them tear each other to shreds.

I've never heard anybody say a kind word about roosters.

9. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Josh, I actually thought about that the last time I was watching the movie. I was like 'All those people probably died.'

10. Doni

Jun 6, 2005
    And he's a HERO! Not a word about a Senate investigation into the accident...

11. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    It was probably staffed by droids.

A whole TOWER full of threepios gettin' mowed down.

Priceless.

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Or, better yet:

GUNGANS!!!!

13. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    No, WAIT!!!!

EWOKS!!!!

14. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    oh man you guys stumbled on a plot that ties lucas to bin laden. it would explain the out of date beard thing.oh and all the money lucas makes has to go some where.

15. Doni

Jun 6, 2005
    Can you imagine an office run by Gungans AND Ewoks?

:eek:

The horror...the horror...

(There's Jar Jar, trying to load the copier, while Wicket has figured out that you can rig the stapler to launch staples at a rather impressive range...)

EDIT: Anyone up for a SW/"Office Space" fanfilm?

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I still wanna do my Tusken/"The Gods Must be Crazy" fanfilm.

Although seeing Han say, "And then I showed her my 'O' face...oh...oh....OH!" would rule.

Or seeing Vader rattle on about TPS reports...

And then see a chubby protocol droid sit there, "Oh yeah...weh-weh-well...I'm gonna buh-buh-burn the the Death Star down..."

17. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    hmmm office"space" the remake. hows this for a visual.....The regal count dooku strides on to the comand deck his gate unmistakable . His gaze lock upon grevious who cowers before the dark lord of the sith. he knows what his master is about to ask yet he dare not let on. dooku projects with the power of the darkside and yet still manages a nasily "HAVE YOU SEEN MY STAPLER".

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Don't you have that backwards? :confused::confused:

Wouldn't you have to make sure that we didn't preserve the whales? Otherwise, you great-great-great grandkids wouldn't need to hijack a Klingon Bird of Prey in 400 years to travel back in time to bring a whale back to the future to save Earth. 'Cause there would still be whales in the future. Right? :confused:

And hey, in Anakin's defense... Corescant became waaay too built up. If there had been more than a piddling few square meters of free, un-developed space on the planet, he wouldn't have run into buildings or towers when he crashed landed the ship.

19. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    That's one thing I have wondered about--Coruscant being totaly built up. Doesn't a planet need plant life in order to sustain life on it? Where does all the oxygen come from? I certainly wouldn't want to live on a planet that was nothing but buildings. I like trees and flowers. You'd think the Jedi temple would be somewhere peaceful and beautiful.

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    You're totally right, on both accounts.

In one of the EU books (an NJO book?), they said that this was taken care of by air scrubbers or something like that. Some sort of super efficient organic gook that was basically super-plant. Only, without the plant part, just taking in CO2 and putting out O2. (And it ate Luke's clothes, which was really kinda funny.) According to the story, Palpatine had set these stations up so that he could shut them down to "pacify" the population if necessary.

It's only one author's theory, not canon, but yeah. It was kinda cool to see the issue addressed.

I'd pictured the Jedi Temple with more nature and greenery as well. We didn't see a lot of the temple, though. *shrug* I'll just pretend had it there in other areas we just didn't see.

21. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    they talk about some gardens in the temple in the clone wars book YODA dark rendezvous.

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hm, yeah. And don't they talk about gardens in the kiddie Jedi apprentice books, or some series like that? Something about a room of 1000 fountains? ... Or was that fanfic?

23. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I dunno. You ever watch the animal police type shows where they go around and find abused animals? That show makes the Dragon sad seeing how some people treat their animals :(

and angry too :mad:

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    We went through that tangent on Thursday. LOL. :D

25. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    ah...lol. I skimmed through...very quickly...missed it...was gone all week...

*goes away now*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.