main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Mercy Seat (ROTS from Padmé's POV) FINAL CHAPTER/EPILOGUE 3/13/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MissPadme, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Oh

my

WORD!!!

I actually was just able to catch up on the last 3 chapters a few days ago, but it has taken me those few days to compose myself enough to comment! :_| It's almost all I can think about...

First of all, I love that you came up with the idea of having her dream of what's happening to Anakin on Mustafar. The image of him reaching out to her, as he does reach out in the movie, well....I just won't ever look at that scene the same again. It always seemed to me that their bond to one another would still be strong, despite what he had just done to her, and that they could feel each other's pain in these last few agonizing moments of their lives. Makes perfect sense actually, since Vader first does not believe that he killed Padme because he "felt her". So, so expertly done!

She failed in so many ways. She failed to see Palpatine for what he really was. She failed the Republic and her people. She failed Anakin. She failed herself.

But she would not fail her children.

And I too loved your reasoning for Padme dying. She knew she couldn't be in their lives. She gave them life and a chance...she did not give up on them, even after death.

With a tiny puff, the suffering ended for Padmé Amidala Skywalker forever. Her newborn son wailed, but the little girl remained silent. A few minutes old, she couldn't fully comprehend the odd feelings of warmth and sorrow as the spirit of her mother bade her farewell, but they nevertheless remained with her for a lifetime.

You know, you really should have written the ROTS novelization....with so many fans speculating about how Leia remembers her mother and it never really justified by the movie or the books, I had just come to my own conclusion that Leia must have seen holoimages of Padme while she grew up in the Organa household, but your explanaiton is perfect and if you don't mind, I am going to adopt it! :D

In fact, this whole thing should be published and considered part of SW canon, IMHO.

The funeral was very hard to get through. 6 months ago I was at a funeral for a very loved, religious leader in my community and a friend of our family and so that whole spirit of it came back to me when I was reading your last chapter. You captured the feelings and ambiance of it perfectly....I really felt like I was at the actual funeral of Padme. As you know, I have been working on another fic I have yet to post, which starts out at the funeral on Naboo and I totally freaked when I read that you put her in a glass casket...that's exactly what I was writing her in! Yes, just like a fairytale princess, she's too beautiful to be put in the ground. @};-

I also really loved that you put her royal sigil at the bottom of the etching on the entrance. So perfect. This part especially added to the epic, significant, and historical feeling of the saga.

But a perceptive few could wander the lakeside retreat at dusk, especially on a warm spring evening, and glimpse a young lady in an old-fashioned white wedding gown gazing at the lake toward the sunset, waiting.

...just like Luke does. :)

And she will get her happy ending...eventually. [face_love]

One of the most poignant endings I have ever read, truly. As always, your work is the perfect compliment to Lucas's masterpiece. I join the other's in the standing ovation!

=D= =D= =D=

-AnakinsLuv

2. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    RavenNolan

It's tough getting a story archived, but thanks for the compliments :D.

AnakinsLuv

Well, put in a good word at Lucasfilm for me and we'll see ;).

--MissPadme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.