main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Merge with 3SA , My Retirement , The Future of the Spoiler-Free

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    My friends, as you probably know, come June 19th, our venerable forum will be merged with the behemoth known as 3SA.

Many things will change when we reach the capital, but my caring for you will remain.

I am retiring from modship that day - it seems like the right time to go. Thanks for all the great memories, you guys have made it a real joy to moderate this forum. I'm not leaving because I'm bitter or burnt out, I'm simply too busy to give it as much attention as I should.

I'm newly married, and come autumn, I will be a practicing lawyer (gasp!), so time will be short. Who knows, maybe some day I'll be back.[face_thinking]:cool:

In terms of The Merge, I expect there will simply be "The Revenge of the Sith Forum" come June 19th, and 3NS (or "ROTS Spoiler-free") will be moved to the Inactive Forums. I'll confirm that later.

It won't be the same, but don't be too scared by 3SA. It will settle down quite a bit in the months to come. The mods there are fantastic and very experienced, and there is a large number of friendly, intelligent posters. I expect 3NS members to make an impact with their philosophical insight and their excellent breeding.=D=

The Future of the Spoiler-Free

Windy and I have been discussing this for a while.

We've been in contact with rebel supporters like hew and Mr. P, who have kindly offered the services of their Spoiler-Free Cantina.

You can check it out and register here: Spoiler-Free Cantina

We hope to continue the great spirit of 3NS at this new board, so please, please, please check it out and register! I'd prefer if people kept their user names so I won't have to keep learning new names, but it's up to you.

May God continue to bless our lives and watch over us as we move into new beginnings. It's been a real pleasure, and I feel blessed to know you and to have the privilege of helping manage this forum.

Cheers,
    Dustin (G_M)

2. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Garth, it's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun. Thanks for everything. And remember, the force will be with you, always...

3. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    The limited extent to which I've been able to contribute to 3NS has been a great experience, and it'll be sad to see it go when the 19th rolls around. To all my 3NS cohorts: may the wind always be at your back and may you be off the boards two posts before the spoiled know you're there. *raises can of Pepsi in toast*

4. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    The JC is loosing a great mod. It's always the best who step down.

5. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    :(

Thanks alot Garth for all the hard work. When does 4NS open? ;)

6. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Garth, the amount of work you did leading up the movie was amazing. It really added to the HCSF fan's enjoyment of the pre-movie buzz. Thanks again.

7. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    =D=

We couldn't have possibly asked for a better 3NS mod. You took one for the team man, and we appreciate it so much. Excellent work to both you and Windy. I've never had more fun on the boards than I did over the past couple months. I'm so happy to have been your deputy. ;)

Good luck with Tina and the *gasp* lawyer-ing! I hope we will still see you around!

[:D],
    Amanda

8. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Garth, thank you for being a fantastic mod! I know from my experience being a mod, it is not easy and you should be commended for doing such a great job with something that is so stressful.

And come over and join the cantina! You're all welcome :)

Mr. P

9. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Thanks everyone for everything. This has been a really fun experience!!! :)

10. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Thank you Garth, you will be missed.
    This has been a great community, making it private was a perfect idea. I'll miss this place.

-Seldon

11. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Garth, you rule. Windy, you too. Everyone here's awesome. [face_dancing]

Here's to 7NS! :p

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Guys, listen to Mr. P.

If we all go over to the Cantina, we can simply move the community and we don't have to start from scratch!

The JC still has a lot of good things about it, but I'd like to keep the community we have now.

Should we be advertising the Cantina in our signatures?

You guys don't need to thank me, we already had a goodbye thread or two. ;)

13. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Also, I have word from the admins that when they move to the new forums here, they probably will be able to give us all of the threads and messages here so that we can move them to the cantina for safekeeping. :-D

Mr. P

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    YES! That is awesome news.

Now my "brilliant" predictions for ROTS will be preserved for all eternity, so whenever I get too big of an ego, people can point out to me how wrong I was about ROTS.[face_laugh]

15. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    The List Threads will be saved, too. :D

16. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I just signed up there as Cam the Ram (I'm sure those who have registered are scratching their heads wondering who exactly that is! :p)

And oh yeah, thanks for everything Dustin. It's been one hell of a ride, you'll be missed. :)

17. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Garth,

Even though you won't be a mod, you still are going to hang around, right? Don't let being a lawyer go to your head ;)

P

18. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    A lawyer?!? I wish I knew that before we let you into the Cantina.... :p

19. Darth_Sailant

Darth_Sailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    If we all go over to the Cantina, we can simply move the community and we don't have to start from scratch!
    Already done... :) And "thanks" GARTH, for all your efforts here!

20. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    It's been fun. Even in the short amount of time I've been in 3NS (less than a year for me), I've really felt a sense of community. I look forward to continuing that over on the new boards. :D

21. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    You were great, this forum was great. Best wishes with your law practice and family. I'm sure I'll see you on the other forums.

22. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I've only been here a short time, but it's been a really fun experience. Thanks Garth for a great job and good luck!

23. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
  24. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    I've had a great time here, revving up for ROTS, and I want to give my humble thanks to Garth and Windy and all posters here for keeping the community spirit up!

25. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    i'll see you around, Garth :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.