main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Metal, Punk, Alternative, Indie Music Star Wars Thread - Your Fave Band is and Why...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by edgejedi88, Aug 5, 2005.

?

The Metal, Punk, Alternative, Indie Music Star Wars Thread - Your Fave Band is and Why...

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Metallica

18.2%
  2. Judas Priest

9.1%
  3. Slayer

6.1%
  4. Muse

15.2%
  5. The Clash

12.1%
  6. Sex Pistols

3.0%
  7. Pixies

6.1%
  8. Ash

3.0%
  9. Oasis

3.0%
  10. Max Rebo Band (Cantina) - we only know Star Wars music in my Galaxy...

24.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hi guy and gal Jedi's - music is one of the tools that can either soothes your emotions... or drive them really wild! [face_devil] (still need that 'headbanging' emoticon Jairen...). Personally - I live for my music! :)

You may be in a band, like a band, love live music or just listen to the (crappy) charts or Top of The Pops (not now its on BBC2 I bet....) - whatever! There is an alternative side to it all ya know!

I am limited to the choice above for the poll, but I tried to select some vaguely varied bands who you may have heard of or like - go on - give it your best shot - who would you pick? o_O

If you have never heard any of the above, then consider downloading them or sticking them into a search engine for fun - you never know - you might just like em and broaden your musical horizons beyond cheap copies like Busted and Blink 182 (I can take the flack Blink 182 fans!!! [face_worried] )

Lets keep this thread burning! The Home of Alternative Music Jedis!

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'd have to go wiht Metallica here as they're the only band I've really heard anything by (aside for Max Rebo obviously)

3. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Metallica ... cos before Load and Reload (Which are kinda okay) they were cool.
    Hetfields lyrics were deep, sometimes disturbing, easy to realte to, well thought out and utter genius.

4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Muse. The reasons should be obvious.

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Slayer, they stayed true, without selling out *Cough*Metallica*cough*

6. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Judas Priest (stop cringing Joe :p ). I used to be a HUGE Metallica fan until I they lost it completely and made 'The Black Album' then I went off them as I was a Thrash fan but then I gave in and bought Load and I think that's languishing somewhere in a bin in Manchester...

But there's no 'other' vote because my favourite band are a superb British band called Bal-Sagoth and they asbolutely rock my world. Been a steadfast fan now for 8 years, they just absolutely captivate my mind with the intricate epic sagas which are a mix of history and fantasy, heavily Pagan based and just Epic on all counts. Britains most Barbaric Sons and the finest Battle Metal ever unleashed :D

7. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Metallica. 'Nuff said. o_O

8. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Metallica lost it when they all got their hair cut....but they got it back for me with St Anger - they lost their way a bit and I think Hetfield went into the desert to convene with his Maker (Lord Budweiser, I think?).

They do after all do a cover of the Imperial March!

ps. and Ash have a SW connection too - has anyone heard them do their cover of the Cantina Band theme? It rocks! I have it on MP3 if anyone wants it?

9. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    [face_not_talking] Only Star Wars music in my galaxy Bub!

:D

10. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Well considering this is a sort of music thread in here if anyone is a collector of the ROTS line I bought 50# anakin skywalker the other day which comes with a figure of him in his jedi ropes and another figure of him all burnt if you notice he has blue rings round his eyes and I tell you what if you changed that to a strip he looks alot like the lead singer of REM to me.

11. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Hi j

i think you and chris are going to be talking metal music at whitby while i sit there and drink tea ?

12. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    JMB - so long as he doesnt com in Rob Halford gear with a weird goaty! Cool!

check him out here......scary! :cool:

http://www.thepunishercomics.com/fun_stuff/body_art/HALFORD4.jpg

13. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    these are really hard questions!!

i'd have to not vote on the poll and say my fave band ever would be the black crowes cuz they just are! followed closely by living color and a couple off of the list.

it's such a pressure to answer 'what is your favourite...' anything. its so defining to pick one thing out of so many when we all like sooo much by way of music & art and literature and pop tarts......

14. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Now, when you say pop tarts, do you mean Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera etc or do you mean the food?

15. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

you`re right!! [face_laugh]

btw, why no vote for "all of the above"? i couldnt pick a favorite from the list as i like them all.

16. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    .....Lord W - because surely there cannot be two people with such a weird taste in music as me...thats why! Next you will be saying you love the original 71 Willy Wonka soundtrack too (next to a bit of Anthrax...of course...[face_dancing] )

17. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Can anyone add to these musical SW oddities that I have collected on my travels [face_thinking]

-Ash - Cantina Band theme - live @ TPM Wrap Party
    -Paul Oakenfield - Imperial March - techno version
    -Some unknown mix of the Imperial March - a Hip Hop version
    -Metallica - Imperial March - metal version

(Imperial March seems kinda popular?)

PM me if you want them sending for a laugh! O:)

18. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Metallica! This hand *waves hand* has shaken the great James Hetfield's hand! :D

19. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Metalica, meh meh meh, they are hugely over rated, I have never seen the big deal with them. I Stayed to watch them at Leeds festival, for 5 minutes, in which I had already become bored and knew I wouldn't like the rest of the set and went off to the carling tent in time for perhaps the best live set I have ever seen, from a then little known band called British Sea Power. They are wider known I believe now, but it was great to wander into a tent and be treated to previously unheard of greatness personally.

On the vote, I have gone for Pixies, because since my friend introduced me to them a couple of years ago I have felt an idiot for now knowing of them sooner. The music is brilliant, and never tiresome. A Pixies track is never skipped on my iPod, they suit my every mood. Muse are good too, and The Clash of course.

20. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    :eek: *Puts R_B on ignore*

Oh wait...

21. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Shhh TK, you know I am right.

And you know your "ignore list" actually means bedroom guests list

22. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    Well i do like to 'love' em and leave em! :p

23. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Yeah, leave me in a crying heap outside your door. Oh why?! I still want you TK.....

ermm...yes, music is good....

24. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    Er... moving swiftly on...

25. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Just a quick question - Why haven't you put Led Zeppelin on the list, in a recent pole Rock music fans were asked to list their top 'Super Group' ie Jimmy Hendrix on lead guitar, Eric Clapton on vocals, so on and so forth, in all of the catagories the members of Led Zep were voted top, leading many to believe that Led Zep was infact the greatest rock band of all time.

Not that I'm nit picking or anything !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.