Clone Wars The Micro Series & Genndy Tartakovsky appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012.

1. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Seeing that the old thread went down with the temp board, I have decided to restart the thread here in the permanent non IGN board.

Since the image is huge, you could see the great poster of the series here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:CloneWarsPoster.jpg

So, let's start this thread on good terms by starting a topic.

Edit: Also, now that the converted forum is back, we could see the original reviews of the episodes whenever the index page updates. Unless someone is brave enough to search through dozens of threads.
    Last edited by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012
  2. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't thought of this show in a long time, but your post reminded me of the origin of Anakin's scar from the series. Glad to see you're keeping it's memory alive.
  3. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, I personally favor the series and always willing to discuss about it. We had a good thread going in the temp forum.
    Darth-Dogfish-Head likes this.
  4. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I have these dvds in my collection, I think you've motivated me to pull them out and watch them again. I did enjoy the way they were initially released, so you were always looking forward to the next installment.
  5. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Grievous was bad-ass in it, I got chills at his reveal.
    Darth-Dogfish-Head likes this.
  6. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Nice, good to hear. :) I have both DVDs as well, and I like hearing the commentaries. Bridging the Saga: From Clone Wars to Revenge of the Sith with Lucas and Genndy is probably my favorite bts vid and brings back old memories. Good times, I guess.

I know there's recent opinions about him being a Gary Stu, but I still prefer that Grievous over what we have now.
    Last edited by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012
  7. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'd rather he be doing it than Ashoka. [face_dunno]

I didn't like the random pauses in lightsaber battles. Especially the Asajj/Anakin one where they just stop for 10 years as it rains.
  8. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I would prefer just about anything over what we're getting from TCW, dare I say even the Denningverse.

But enough about disappointing things, I watched CW for the first time during the move, and it was excellent.
    Paparazzo likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    [face_not_talking] [IMG]
    Paparazzo likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    This series was amazing. It was a bit of a let down when this series was first released since it was only 3 minutes each for the first 2 seasons. Watching them all together made it so worth it. This was the Clone Wars!
  11. Inblackestnight Jedi Master

star 1
    Attempting to repeat my initial post on this thread in the temp boards; this series not only focused on the actual War but it also took continuity into account with its stories, unlike TCW much of the time. I did feel Force-users were a bit overpowered in CW but I'd rather see that than the Jedi hardly ever using the Force at all like with TCW. On the other hand, although I do prefer the Grievous in CW more debates about him in the temp boards have made me wonder if his earlier reputation was more propaganda than fact.
    GGrievous likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Oh and because no discussion of the Micro Series is complete without him, I present Captain Fordo in all his glory.
    [IMG]

13. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Yes, Fordo. :cool:

While exaggeration might be something, I know there are some people that claim that CW overpowered the Jedi in a way the films never showed. Even so, they said "no one used Mace Windu's speed on Dantooine in the films." Methinks they didn't watch TPM. :p I like how the series showed the Jedi relying on the Force rather than their lightsaber for the most part.
    Last edited by GGrievous, Sep 3, 2012
  14. Inblackestnight Jedi Master

star 1
    This! Both of them [face_party]
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Mace Windu destroying all of the droids on Dantooine was amazing. Grevious was a real threat. The commando's using hand signals was cool too.
    Inblackestnight likes this.
  16. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    The massive tank's hammer slamming down made me jump even though I could see it coming from miles away.

Windu had a mutated chin.
  17. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    I know that I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that thing when it slammed down so I can't blame you.
  18. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    Still better. [face_coffee]

Just have to get that down on the first page. =p
    Last edited by Togruta, Sep 3, 2012
    GGrievous likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Don't forget, @Togruta, everything's back to 25 PPP.
  20. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Kit Fisto on Mon Calamari >>>>>>> TCW's Mon Calamari battle.
  21. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess that group viewing thing didn't end up happening.. Ah well. Probably too complicated.
  22. Heero_Yuy Chosen One

star 4
    People who accuse CW Grievous of being a Gary Stu just aren't used to competently written and effective villains in a Star Wars product these days. In which case, I can see the confusion.
  23. Esg Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Which is pretty sad sense it's annoying seeing a mustache twirling cad carrying villain in every episode of TCW who can't do anything without tripping of their shoelaces and when they view an actual threat they think it's overpowered
    Last edited by Esg, Sep 4, 2012
    Zeta1127 and Paparazzo like this.
  24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4

The old series is GENIUS and I love it!
    GGrievous likes this.
  25. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Wasn't a big fan of the series, i prefer this series than that series