main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts The Micro Series & Genndy Tartakovsky appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Was a fun series, its over on youtube:

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Vorax

Thank You :) I didn't know it was on YouTube.

Vorax likes this.
  3. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Sure, no problem. The Jedi were over powered in it, the Super Windu was comical and annoying and same for Kit Fisto. Durge I didnt like in it as he dumb and got beat around minus the beating Kenobi got which made me laugh as he was always smug. But I liked Durge, his look and potential and in first few appearances in Republic especially. I did like the Ventress and Anakin duel on Yavin as we never seemed to go back there to Yavin since, annoying at TCW,lol. All of Dooku's scenes were excellent. Still there is a lot to like about the series for what it was and the nostalgia.

4. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Maybe it's just because it was a big part of the last bit of my childhood, but i love the show a lot. I don't mind the over the top action because it's so expressive and stylistic. I feel like the Jedi are more like Chinese Wuxia (Martial Hero, think old kung-fu movies) characters than Samurai in this, which is an interesting angle. It's not trying to be 'like star wars', it's this kinetic fable that captures the broad strokes of the Saga, and that's really cool. I was hoping Captain Fordo would show up in The Clone Wars show eventually, but he never did (Durge too, such a great villain, largely forgotten).
    I remember when the show was on, there was a poll thing to vote on a new Jedi character for the show. The winner was the Ithorian that defends Palpatine in pt.2, but the funny thing is the two other options got in the show as well, in smaller parts (a Shistavanen Jedi and a Talz Jedi).

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    That little boy on the planet that Windu stumbles across reminds me of Ezra for some reason, maybe its the walking along grass and wheat environment as well. Yea Hasbro made a lot of the figures from this series which was great, glad we got Fordo.

6. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I'll admit that Durge was gross when he was in "organ" form. I love the Windu episodes becuase of how nuts he goes on everything.

Fun show as long as you don't take it seriously.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I find myself requoting the (like, three) lines from that show at random times in life.

"Seems I have made quite the mess now, haven't I?" is my favorite. So useful around the house... in the office... in the lab... dropping your groceries all over the street. Also when someone you're working with shirks their part of the job: "Run (insert name here), run... you have only prolonged the inevitable." And perfect if you live in a noisy city (you gotta space it out thoughtfully like Palps spoke it): "What.... is...that...sound...?" Also (of course) San Hill's "What are we going to do?!?" but you gotta say it all crazy panicked-like.

Ahhhh this show. I gotta watch it again.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The micro-series sucked.

Werebazs, Darth_Pevra and MConDA4ever like this.
  9. MConDA4ever

MConDA4ever Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    I also think that the microseries was not worth enough to discuss it a decade later. The drawings, animation and story was realy not good. There is very little effort in drawing micro series figurea. Even a child can do that. If i were Lucasfilm i would ban the microseries from the company history and new works.

Lucas often did not watch after the quality. Thanks to Disney that awefull detours from seth green went directly into the garbage can. Where it belongs.

10. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    The microseries is still the best visual media from the Prequel Era as far as I'm concerned.

11. MConDA4ever

Aug 30, 2014
    No. The PT Trilogy was visualy the best in cinemas in the early 2000s. That is a simple fact. ILM did great work back than. I don't even know which 2D studio did the poor microseries. I think Lucas outsourced it to an asian animation studio somewhere.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Um, I never said ILM didn't do great work back then. Your preference for the PT is not a simple fact. The fact that you don't know who did the animation is irrelevant. I think CW is better than the PT.

13. MConDA4ever

Aug 30, 2014
    You stand alone or just a few people in the community will share your opinion. 95% of the audience would prefer PT instead of microseries.

14. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Why?

15. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Well I don't know what he thinks, but while I don't think it sucks (it's pretty awesome, actually), I do think it's massively overrated. It's great for what it is: a bunch of barely connected fight scenes. I can't recall a single line of dialogue from it.

Case in point: I see people saying they liked Ventress' character arc better in it. To which I say: what character arc?

Asajj's arc in CW: She fights in an arena. She fights Dooku. She fights Anakin. She gets knocked off a cliff. She's a one-dimensional character who exists soley for a few fight scenes.

TCW Ventress on the other hand, she's an actual character with development and memorable dialogue who kicks ass.

Not to mention the Force Unleashed-level OP Jedi, while fun, are completely ridiculous.

And I've always found Durge a bit silly.

Werebazs and Darth_Pevra like this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Everybody was too overpowered

17. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I agree. Thats what made it fun for me. It's not canon, but it's fun.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    That's why I hated it :p

19. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I can see why. I didn't like the bits and pieces I saw of the show when it was still canon.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Ventress' before she was betrayed in TCW was sporting an outfit very similar to her signature attire from back in the early 2000's and Star Wars: Republic and she was using her starfighter from this series. Filoni did make the connection between them and used her master Ky Nerec for a flashback.

QuangoFett and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  21. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Who actually gives a ****?

22. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    The important thing is the story adding on the movies, connecting the whole Star Wars canon universe together as one. The 2008-2014 Clone Wars series was more detailed and marks the important parts in the Clone Wars with story arcs and stand-alone tales with input from George Lucas himself. The microseries was mentioned as a beta test for Lucasfilm Animation as they were probably trying to see if the microseries was good. If the story wasn't good but the animation was, it explains why how the 2008 series came to be. Without the microseries happening, the 2008 movie and series, Rebels, Lucasfilm Animation, Dave Filoni, and Disney's decision to put Star Wars on their network would have never came to be.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  23. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    You don't have to watch it, but know how the 2008 series got its inspiration and developed by seasons and highly praised.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Agreed.
    Disagreed.

Going by just CW alone, her character exists, if only indirectly. On her own, she was skilled enough to infiltrate Dooku's balcony, and joined the competition with the hope to impress him. She pulls out two lightsabers, and then declared her intention to join the Sith. That's, ahem, ballsy. For a few moments, she held her own against Dooku, which was enough to impress Sidious, and then revealed a grudge against the Jedi. She was talented, strong, ambitious, and had a curious backstory. It may be shallow, but her portrayal held more merit than OT Boba Fett.

Lazy Storm Trooper and Kablob like this.
  25. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    True, but it's very hard for a portrayal to have less merit than OT Boba Fett. :p