main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts The Micro Series & Genndy Tartakovsky appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ventress was better in TCW. One word: eyeballs.

But overall I liked the microseries better.

Pfluegermeister and Revanfan1 like this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    A human Durge would've been cool and perhaps merge him with a Monstross like characterization. He ended up a cross between Venom and T-1000 and had Lucas filmed him, he would've been a completely CGI character like the Clones and Grievous, which wouldve blew. I wouldve preferred a human Durge to Cade Bane who does nothing for me. Durge had a cool look and name:

Dirge: a song or hymn of grief or lamentation; especially : one intended to accompany funeral or memorial rites.

Great costume.

[​IMG]

I think I will re-hook my PS2 and play Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, great game(to me its canon lol) and good times.

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I enjoyed the microseries and still watch it from time to time. Being a Samurai Jack fan, I had no problem with the animation style and over the top action.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin eats live bugs. That is all.

I love the action scenes.
    We also have Palpatine getting captured on Coruscant before ROTS.
    Also Grievous. He wins here.

Also love the scene with that Separatist General where he brags that it would take thousands of Jedi to take the base and the droid sees Jedi and the general keeps lowering the number until the droid says two and the general freaks out.

Also throw in the original Clone Wars comics.

5. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    yea field rations, Anakin was keeping his energy level up as insects are high in protein.

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Let's just hope he doesn't start singing Hakuna Matata. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Oh no!!! My opinion is unpopular??? Whatever will I do?

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I love that general. He's VA by the same guy who did Mace.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't know that.

11. MConDA4ever

MConDA4ever Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    Nothing. The best you can do is a rant video on Youtube, how bad the PT is and how good the microseries was.

12. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

kubricklynch and MConDA4ever like this.
  13. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    The microseries was great for what it was- small snippets of action that was animated really well. It kept Star Wars on the mind in the wait between episodes 2 and 3.

However, after seeing it once I can't say I feel the need to talk about it or watch it again, as opposed to say TCW or the movies.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm just wondering how many people above middle school age actually change their opinions because "Oops, a lot of people disagree with me, I must be wrong." Or why "most people don't share your opinion on this aspect of an entertainment franchise" is supposed to be a good argument for, well, anything.

I did a TCW vs microseries volume 1 comparison here.

Revanfan1 and kubricklynch like this.
  15. MConDA4ever

Aug 30, 2014
    Changing opinion according to the mass is unavoidable. You can close yourself into your room but every time you embrace the community there will be people who oppose your views. To be successfull you must understand what the mass wants and give it to them. People like steve jobs become billionair with that mindset. Others argue in forums with strangers about nonsense threads like this one.

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Changing opinion when running a corporation to maximize profits is one thing, but changing opinion to like something because the majority does is another. That is more like jumping on the bandwagon. There will always be differing opinions on topics such as this, so just because it isn't what you like doesn't make it nonsense.

17. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    A while back I re-watched both DVD's of the Clone Wars Micro-series. Wow - what incredible animation. Very innovative & unlike anything I had seen before. I found the movements very fluid & interesting.

It had been so long since I had seen them that I had forgotten quite a bit, but some highlights include:

- All of the Space battles - truly incredible.

- All of the battles on Coruscant.

- Super-human Mace Windu taking out huge droid armies with his bare hands & lightsaber ;)

- Seeing the Max Rebo aliens.

- The Jedi trying to save Palpatine from Greivous, and his subsequent abduction - all leading into Episode III.

- Seeing the Droid army land on Kasshyyk, witnessed by Chewie (or another Wookie) and his son; obviously strongly reminiscent of the Droid army landing on Naboo in TPM.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I was wondering if I accidentally opened a marketing thread and what product we were selling.

We're all just chatting here. I don't think any money is being exchanged for opinions on TF.N.

Or has the admin team started offering people $10 for each poster who agrees with them? Hell, I didn't think the mods got paid that much. :p

That said--changing one's opinion in order to be one of the "popular people"? I'd call that "not having a spine" or "being an ass-kisser." Most people around here don't do that, and that's a very good thing.

Blur : Good review; I need to rewatch season 2.

19. MConDA4ever

Aug 30, 2014
    Claiming microseries is better than the PT is comparing apples to pears. One is an animationshow for children with simple story telling. The other is the ambition ambition/aspiration of george lucas to complete the OT with a prequel.

If you say microseries is better than the PT, than you should check your perception.

In the time i discuss here. I could hunt the bunny for a buck. :)

20. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I don't think the Clone Wars Microseries is even close to being as good as the PT, though I'm a huge fan of both.

I will say that, IMHO, the Microseries is far superior to TCW regular series, that ran from 2008 - 201?; I didn't like the Tekken-like animation for that series; I find it very bland & fake-looking. For these same reasons, I also don't like the animation for the forthcoming animated series Rebels, but I may end up watching that anyway since I like the time period covered (i.e., between Episodes III & IV)....

CommanderDrenn likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked the animation of TCW (and Rebels) better than the microseries but, while I like some aspects of the PT and TCW, I think Lucas often forgot how to have fun while he was making them, so they are "superior" only if pretentiousness is superior.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The micro series is more in in tone with the OT than the PT is.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  24. MConDA4ever

Aug 30, 2014
    The PT and the OT can't be in tone. They play in different ages. Imperial age with simple industry design and republic age with art deco design. Lucas set a different ground tone on purpose.

I still can't see how a short animated series with simple animation and quality can be better than multimillion dollar production which set new standards for the whole franchise, sci fi genre and the movie and FX industry.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The OT was a simple adventure story with some complexness thrown in the longer we went. So was the micro-series. The PT made everything way too complex from the get-go. Also it was a tragedy. No thanks.