main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts The Micro Series & Genndy Tartakovsky appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I am a fan of the white cape.

2. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    I just realized that in the micro series...

he looks like an owl [face_laugh]

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This one's asking to be made into a dramatic-look-grievous meme...

(Oh if I had both time and inclination!)

5. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    You wreck canon? Owl wreck you.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Spazmatron like this.
  6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

GGrievous and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Poor Adi :(

Grievous killed you, not Randy.

Paparazzo likes this.
  8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

"But it's MY LIFE, TCW writers.." =p

Paparazzo and GGrievous like this.
  9. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    <Filoni>Then Adi dies via Randy!</Filoni>

Insert jack's meme here. :p

11. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm waiting.... :p

12. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    My appreciation of Tartakovsky went down a few notches after seeing Hotel Transylvania with my family.

Though to be fair, this was probably part of his contract, to start his film career with a schlocky Sandler flick, and if its successful he'll have creative freedom. Which would bring us one step closer to a Samurai Jack animated feature and so forth.

Seerow likes this.
  13. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    That cough of his in ROTS was just awful. I understand the reasons for why he apparently coughs (Mace crushing his body, the cybernetics messing with his organs, etc.) but the cough just made him look too feeble. It contrasted badly with his character design so that you wouldn't see him as being that impressive, because unlike in the series there were no scenes of him trashing some Jedi.

Team Rocket wins a medal for sheer determination lol

Paparazzo likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They should have had a jedi run into Grievous in ROTS and had Grievous cream him and then bring in Obi-Wan or kept the Shaak Ti scene but had her escape and try to fight Grievous but die.

15. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I agree. Grievous in everything but the original microseries is just embarrassingly awful.

DarthJenari and Zeta1127 like this.
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    He's entertaining in the micro series for sure, but the Jedi's reaction to him, and thus what he's able to do against them because they're so dominated by fear, seem very much outside of the universe of the films to me.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  17. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Of course a Padawan fears the Supreme Commander of the Confederacy of Independent Systems; he killed that Padawan's Master and dealt a decisive victory for the Separatists on Hypori. Furthermore he beat two Masters of the Jedi High Council into retreat, with a Knight and three other Masters accompanying them.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The Padawan being scared is perfectly reasonable. Ki Adi Mundi, a member of the Jedi Council, being so afraid be's visibly perspiring at the sound of robot footsteps seems very much outside of the universe of the films to me, as does the idea of him dominating five Jedi Masters at a time.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I disagree, Tarkas. The whole point of Ki-Adi being afraid was to show just how much of a threat Grievous was. (emphasis on the was at this point :p)

I think it's perfectly reasonable for there to be such a threat against even the best Jedi. The Jedi are not infallible, except maybe super Jedi like Anakin, Obi-Wan and Mace.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The whole reason he shouldn't have been afraid is because Grievous really isn't a threat, no less to a team of five Jedi Masters.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, back in 2003 he was supposed to be a threat. The Force is all well and good, but Grievous is so mechanically enhanced that he can indeed move and fight fast enough to hold his own against multiple Jedi. Yes, he still has his organic brain, but I'd imagine it's much harder to read than a normal person's. Thus, his actions are not as easily anticipated and his sheer size and dexterity gives him a staggering advantage over Jedi.

In light of that I can't see why you'd think Grievous was not a threat.

Anyway, would love to discuss further, but I gotta leave.

I'm Todd the Jedi, and I appreciate the micro series.[face_flag]

jackg1 and Esg like this.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Because a Jedi Master should be able to levitate him off the ground with ease, do you not agree? And what do you suppose he can do while suspended in mid-air? Twirls his arms threateningly?

23. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Shoot them or have his bodyguards distract them. Problem solved

24. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Three Masters and two Knights

Not to mention he had an army backing them, they were exhausted and wakened and just survived from a ship getting destroyed by space mines in addition to being outnumbred and outgunned. I find it irritating that people bash CW and exclaim "Grevious is a Gary stu" when they refuse to take this into consideration. not to mention it's been showed before a hundred times onscreen normals can be dangerous to Force Sensitives. Hell revival is the most recent case

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    So a robot with a blaster and back-up robots can defeat a Jedi Master? That's the hypothesis here?