main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Middle East Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Given ISIS seems rather determined to emulate the alien approach, I'd say that's appropriate. [face_plain]

2. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Are you as forgiving of past presidents? Be careful where you tread with such comments.

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Be careful? Wtf is wrong with you?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i watched some of the vice stuff about these guys. the fact that they seem to be these middle-class/hip-hop/punk rock/twitter/youtube/smartphone jihadists is fascinating to me.

5. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU TREAD WITH SUCH COMMENTS DUENDES

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    just finished level 2-3 on smb. got ALL the coins.

7. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Vivec, I see you're just as warm and friendly as ever. It's nice to see that some things never change. [:D]

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ISIS has beheaded freelance American journalist James Wright Foley, and uploaded video and images. Threatening to do the same to TIME journalist Steven Sotloff.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  10. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    just goes by "abu bakr" seems a bit presumptuous

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Watch the video. I don't know to what extent you have these cretins in the US, but in Australia and the UK (around Finsbury Park mosque in London for example) we have groups who actively support ISIS and who feel we should all live under Shari'a, like being unreconstructed savages is a good thing.

12. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    For the record, he was arrested because he assaulted someone, not because of his religious views.

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Yes, and if you watch the video, his views are repugnant, modestly stupid, and full of sound and fury?

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    We don't get a lot of that publicly in the U.S.

15. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    His views or yours?

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh I forgot; we're allowed to mock Christian extremists, because they're mostly white. But as on balance Islamic extremists aren't, we can't hold similar scorn for their views because someone might mistake it for racism. Racism is bad, and we must have the most socially acceptable views so our peers know we are both Intellectual and Progressive and Tolerant.

I love how you've watched the 1hr video by now Vivienne and that's what's causing you to make these comments. A political VLM, that's you.

17. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Well, I can't imagine that working for them.

heels1785 likes this.
  18. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    You just perfectly described your own posts on the JCC with that sentence, especially the "sound and fury" part. Instead of using my post as an opportunity to take a look at yourself, you decided to validate it even further. How predictable.

Also, where do you get this impression that I only mock Christians or that I'm trying to be super progressive? The posts where I criticize Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhist extremists? The posts where I call out KW for being overly sjwish? Do you ever read my posts or do you just have some caricature of me that you respond to every time? You're such a joke.

19. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    What the heck is even being argued here? Vivec clarified he was arrested for committing a crime, which seems a reasonable distinction, so the response is that his views are really wrong... but what's that have to do with a point just about being arrested for assault? It's tangential, and that clarification doesn't defend his views at all, it just points out he wasn't arrested for them.

How do you need to MAKE UP stuff about this to argue about?

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Vivec, you contribute nothing outside science threads except snide, apparently knowing comments and criticise others for that? In the words of a fat bearded home invader, "ho ho ho".

No personal attacks

21. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

yeah they dont even show up on the trashy 24 hour news channels. they usually just take progressive radical muslims and act like they want sharia law and yell at them to apologize for 9/11 and then act like they havent done so after they have

i have seem this breed of extremist on The Big Questions tho, argueing with francesca stavrakopoulou aka my future theology wifey [face_love]

[​IMG]

22. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Advice from an Iraqi Christian leader for Europe:

23. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Ender Sai, I'd ask you to set your sound and fury aside and actually think about whether you're even close to characterizing me correctly. In the US Society vs Black Men thread I've called you out for mischaracterizing me and you vanished. I'll chalk it up to the fast paced nature of that thread. However, the issue remains that I don't think you're actually ever reading a post I make. Let's try it again.

If you look at the link, it's to every post I've made in that thread. Not one post of mine even came close to addressing that topic. You're not actually reading posts I make; you just group me with people you disagree with on every topic regardless of what I've actually said.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You are kidding, Point Given. You have to be.

25. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    If you're gonna derail something, go back and derail that thead.

Lord Vivec likes this.