main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Midi-files: Midichlorian Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sebulba2179, May 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I realise that a lot of people are put off by the whole "midichlorian" concept, but as I was working on a fanfic this morning (the link is below if you want to read it [face_mischief]), I came upon an interesting question. Midichlorians exist in living cells, right? Right. Not the least of which would be blood cells, right? Right.

Now, let's say a non-Force-adept person had to get a blood transfusion, and the donor within easiest reach was a Jedi. Midichlorian-filled blood gets combined with (or replaces) blood that is devoid of our Force-wielding little friends.

What do you suppose this does for the other person's Force sensitivity?

Do the midichlorians adapt to their new host and communicate the Force to him? Do they reproduce, and spread into the receiver's other cells? Or do they just stay as they are, giving the person minimal sensitivity to the Force? I just thought this bore some cogitation.

Whaddya think?

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't know if a signle blood transfusion would give them force powers, but if you were to engineer it into a virus that 'infects' you with the force, you've got one interesting story to tell.

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hrrmmm...interesting indeed. Sounds like something some anti-Jedi clown might pull in a bid to destroy them, doesn't it? ::runs off to Fanfic Writers' Resource:: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.