main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The midlands 'orange' uniform

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by veritasuk, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

As I think most of us agreed at AT , the midlands are going to have an official uniform as it were... the orange. Martin is sourcing some jump suits for us, cheers dude, but I think it is important if we are to have a midlands squadron, that we all agree to make the costu,e to the same spec. I know it takes time and money, not always things in plentiful supply, but theres no rush. I just think it would be really spiffy for us to attend conventions and such in the orange with our own squad patch.

2. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    I agree Verity and straight away people would know who we were and where we were from.....I would like to be involved but need to know how much things are going to be before i can commit...unless I use my student loan on it!

3. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    its something that has to be done piece by piece. WHen you can afford it get the jumpsuit and make adjustments to that. Then when you can afford it, get the materials to make the vest... you see where i'm going. Eventually we will be the snazziest chapter ever !

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    An interesting concept you have come up with
    I look forward to seeing what you lot end up with

5. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok folks, I have an image of the boots I'm looking at getting, the images for the jumpsuits are proving very hard to find. I did speak to Little Dave, Rebel Jedi Knight 88 about this yesterday, he has some great ideas and a cheaper option on the suits, if I understood him correctly. So as costuming supremo of the Midlands I'll hand over nuts and bolts to Lil Dave. Oh and I still have the line on the suits and I'll keep it open as long as possible.

6. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I think it would be helpful if we all stick the the RL method of making. I'll dig them out

7. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    for my knowledge what is RL?
    here is a link to the jumpsuit i suggest. it is near screen accurate but needs a bit of sewing!

http://www.robinsonandhunt.co.uk/flameretard.html

to see where more pockets are needed go to Rebel Legion

http://echobaserebels.com/reference/xwingcostume/
    go here and click on flight suit!

i think this is the best info i can give atm so you guys can get that sorted.
    i will add more later!

8. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    The RL is the Rebel Legion. I see you saved the link I sent you. Thats saved me the job.

9. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i hope its helped! i am in the process of gathering info and destroying useless stuff to make a perfect guide to making parts!
    as i am the youngest and have the least amount of money then it should be cheap for you guys.

wat do u think of the jumpsuit?

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    The Rebel Legion is like the alternate version of the 501st - but dealing with the Rebellion costumers.

11. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I think the best ones to get are the lined ones for £45 because of the neck line. I suspect they were the one Martyn / Martin (How ever the hell he spells it) found.

12. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i havn't seen a link to them. but those are really expensive!
    mine cost £28 including P&P!

13. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok the coverall's, I've been quoted on are the lined ones they're on that site for £45 I will double check but those are the ones I was told £19 each for. Let me know what you guys want to do and I'll get confirmation on the style and cost.

The main reason I chose that style was indeed the neckline and the zip front, I'm not sure how the costume will look with stud front fastenings, I've also been looking into the chest box, I've been told that a paint tray, the kind you get with a small paint pad set is ideal, I'm just waiting for a quote on those.

14. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    It's also worth having a chat with Richie's Armour who do a really accurate Chest Box kit and a Helmet kit as well.

15. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I hope every one is good with a sewing machine !

16. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Erm....no.!

Veritttttyyyyyyy..........[face_batting]

17. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    dont go to richies unless u wana pay a small fortune
    the helmets are £120 (owch)
    If you wait a few days i can get a really good guide on the chest boxs.
    and a few other things
    i still havn't seen Tays website coverall!

18. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    By the way the paint tray is the worst ive seen.
    ill sort things out

19. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Yes pink man ? No worries I can help out with stuff.

20. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Yay!!! I also have my Nan who does loads of sewing stuff like that for me so sure she will be able to help me but if not......You know where my costume is heading!!!;)

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i just rang da place and they can nock £5 off each one if we buy a bulk of 10. what do we think? £49??

22. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Your trying to hard mate I told you earlier today martin is sorting all of this out so why bother ringing them aswell? Just chill we will get this costume idea done don't worry!

23. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    thanks!
    i have a better idea for the box though let me think a bit more

24. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok I've asked the supplier to double check the quote and the style on these coveralls, it looks like the Dickies Pyrovatex (WD4885) are the ones Verity prefers and at £46 a shot I can understand why, it's just a question of getting these at the right price and I will let you guys know on that as soon as.

I know some of us are on a budget and can't really afford to pay too much, with that in mind how much are you willing to pay for a coverall ?

Seeing as we're going to try and keep these costumes as authentic as possible would any of you be happy with Stud Fastening coveralls ?

If I can get a good price on the lined coveralls but they have a 'Butterfly coller', would you still be willing to have them ?

If I asked each member to provide chest and inside leg mesurements could you manage that within 24 hours ?

I'm still working on this, don't for one minute think I'm not.

25. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Willdo MArtin Im on the case!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.